Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,591,370 members, 6,010,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 November 2020 at 02:12 AM

How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) (11811 Views)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / GBFoods Africa Job Recruitment In Nigeria (6 Positions) / How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by OsamBrain(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
The number of fake jobs interviews (popularly called GNLD) is currently on the high side in Nigeria. This has warranted us to share with you, these life sticking tips to enable you spot a fake job invite en from a distance.
I have seen such a significant number of Job seekers grumbling and deploring their experience in the hands of phony trick organizations who welcome individuals for talk with just to acquaint them with counterfeit medication promoting business.
I’m doing this not just on the grounds that these organizations squander individuals’ opportunity, vitality and T-reasonable going to such meetings, yet additionally on the grounds that the greater part of these con artists blackmail cash from hapless occupation searchers subsequently making their torment times two.
Imagine a trickster coercing #10,500 from a graduate who have been jobless for quite a long time, not to discussion of the vehicle passage squandered going to such unbeneficial meetings or occupation talk as they ordinarily call it.
A few people even get cash to pay these sheep in scoundrels, them paradise on earth. Some will disclose to you that you will make a large portion of a million inside 1 month what not. In case you’re not cautious, you will take an advance that you won’t have the capacity to reimburse accordingly causing humiliation and absence of rest of psyche. A jobless individual ought to have just himself to stress over, not having obligations too.
So I trust that in the event that we are appropriately guided, we won’t fall under the control of these tricksters.
Having said that, there are courses by which one can recognize a phony or trick talk with welcome and there fore maintain a strategic distance from such exercise in futility and cash. The good thing is that the greater part of their messages come in a similar organization, so you will know its phony!
1. The message does not hold up under an organization name: the majority of these con artists will exclude their names on the message you will get. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a telephone number. A certified organization won’t conceal its personality from a potential representative.
2. The message will state “talk with/work instructions”: whatever activity preparation implies I don’t have the foggiest idea!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like “HR=0056” or “REF=002”. This means that the code number of the individual who welcomed you to the “occupation preparation”.
4. It will contain a telephone number: this is the quantity of your referrer. Most honest to goodness organizations don’t give telephone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message rather than organization name
6. In the event that you call their number, they will be hesitant to give data on the organization.

Also, please, overlook those individuals sharing employment flyers in the city, and those ones they glue on dividers. Those are con artists and a few ritualists as well. And furthermore the greater part of these purported organizations are roads for hoodwinking clueless occupation searchers. Please shine your eyes well as the lagos people will say.

I will post the names of some of these phony organizations/offices later.
Please in the event that you have any encounters inthe hands of these con artists sympathetically share it here with the goal that others can learn and maintain a strategic distance from them as well. Much obliged to you
Cheers!

http://nigeriajobscout.com/blog/how-to-spot-a-fake-job-interview-in-nigeria-6-ways/

http://nigeriajobscout.com

6 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by TITOBIGZ(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
panla over to u.

oOops

modified: lala over to u. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by overhypedsteve(m): 7:16am On Apr 02, 2018
I nearly killed one gnld fool with slap because of this back then. I prepared seriously for my interview, put on suit and got to the job location and they started talking about gnld products, they saw my suit and felt I was the usual ajebo graduate job seeker until I grabbed one of the short gnld speaker by the neck and began to load him with slap, I can't remember how many slap I slapped him but I can still recall that by the time I was leaving him, his face was already looking like that of a frustrated IFA priest. I left him and went back home knowing that I have caused more damages than them.

When you are busy, occupied at work or busy reading for your final exams, stay calm we will handle your undergraduate research project, your Msc project, your PGD project and your PhD thesis. We will work with you through to the end to ensure that you end up with a
Plagiarism free, customs written and standard research project paper.

To place a direct order for a research visit
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/

7 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Ayoswit(f): 7:16am On Apr 02, 2018
k. I pray not to fall a victim cos I'm desperately in need of a job

5 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by kmaster007: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2018
themselves dey upgrade
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Olalan(m): 7:18am On Apr 02, 2018
If the company isnt one you know Just post the address on Nairaland, that what I tell people

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by abbeyoye2001(m): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Thx
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by KingsleyCEO: 7:22am On Apr 02, 2018
The rate at wish people take advantage of others in this country is very wicked. Even the government is totally helpless.

9 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by jeffoe(m): 7:24am On Apr 02, 2018
overhypedsteve:
I nearly killed one gnld fool with slap because of this back then
I understand your pain baba, after all preparation plus like 10 k tfare. Three days journey You find out say na gnld. Lol

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by jeffoe(m): 7:24am On Apr 02, 2018
jeffoe:
I understand your pain baba, after all preparation plus like 10 k tfare. You find out say na gnld. Lol
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by SeniorZato(m): 7:25am On Apr 02, 2018
I call for interview!
I am a CEO
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by ITCareerINxtGen: 7:27am On Apr 02, 2018
To get on board in pursuing an IT Career, how to IT-enable your career, the steps and paths - The book “IT Career: A Roadmap” is designed to provide guidance, clarify confusions and enumerate recommended pathways into the information technology industry for various categories of interests such as aspiring high school leavers, undergraduate students, graduate students, professionals in IT or other sectors who wish to IT-enable their careers as well as job seekers.
Ebook: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074FPRTD5
Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1533508852/ref=sr_1_2?

Idle, at home, never worked, student, graduate without job; working but underpaid or lost my job but thinking of what business to do. No financial capital! Is any of this your status? What you need is a service business that puts money in your pocket. How?
See here: http://www.mondraim.com/index.php/mondraim-blog/332-smartphone-repairs-as-a-lucrative-business"
Get it here: http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Phones-Tablets-Repairs-Professionals/dp/9789534116/ OR go to Booksellers bookshop Abuja for a copy!
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Lambapapa(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2018
jeffoe:
I understand your pain baba, after all preparation plus like 10 k tfare. Three days journey You find out say na gnld. Lol
naso i jam one of my old guy..him cum invite for sure job..na the next day i knw say na gnld...we one fight die dat day
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Auxiliary(m): 7:34am On Apr 02, 2018
Most importantly,

Remember all the jobs you applied to. They won't deceive you with some random and you start wondering when you applied for the Job...

No job comes without being applied for... Thank you!

7 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by easyfem(m): 7:36am On Apr 02, 2018
I paid 15k for their stupid certificate , coz of my desperate for job , and I also purchase there Suppliment 250k and I was told its neolife not gnld ... That is d package they use , though I sold it all and make my profit .... But I hate them for lying to me ... After some month , I discover I wasn't register with neolife company ... GILDED COMPANY in Ibadan has use me to meet there target .... I'm not sure GOD can forgive all diz gnld pple ..... I suffer in the hand of pple just bcoz I was desperate to get a job .. Lord have mercy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Shedrack777: 7:38am On Apr 02, 2018
i always hold my silencer when going to such interview, because you messed up, your leg(s)pay dearly for it.
i ain't taking sh!t

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by KelvinC1(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2018
Ayoswit:
come to Jos
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2018
Do people still fall for these ? In 2018 undecided ?

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by jeeqaa7(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2018
Oj
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by nzube89(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2018
That is Nigeria for you.GLND guys promising jobs they don't have
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by toogbasky(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Abeg any job for Lagos,, particularly d island region, before man commit suicide,, I was trying to travel out was duped by an agent, all my money, all my mum's money gone

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by slimbowwow(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2018
KelvinC1:

come to Jos
. What's happening in Jos?
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by jeeqaa7(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2018
easyfem:
I paid 15k for their stupid certificate , coz of my desperate for job , and I also purchase there Suppliment 250k and I was told its neolife not gnld ... That is d package they use , though I sold it all and make my profit .... But I hate them for lying to me ... After some month , I discover I wasn't register with neolife company ... GILDED COMPANY in Ibadan has use me to meet there target .... I'm not sure GOD can forgive all diz gnld pple ..... I suffer in the hand of pple just bcoz I was desperate to get a job .. Lord have mercy

You had 250k.. And you were that desperate? Or did you just lie about that one

4 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Ayoswit:
Where are you?
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Drinkwater(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2018
Nice points you've got here.

Learn to space your work.. �it makes it easier to read
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by slimbowwow(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]
1-Best regards from 360 degrees.

This application was sent from www.jobgurus.com.ng.

Thanks for showing interest in working with us, kindly visit our head office at 2A, Iyala Street, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos on Wednesday 21st March, 2018 at 9:00am prompt for an interview. 

2-
We look forward to meeting you.
Invited for graduate trainee telemarketing interview monday 26th march 2018 ,10am at sumeru nig ltd ,44 blk h jimoh odutola off eric moore surulere lagos. Pls come with your nysc cert,waec cert,degree cert ,birth cert.All originals

3- Based on an offline recommendation, BG consulting Group Nig Ltd is pleased to inform you that you have been selected among many to meet with our HR DIRECTOR for an Interview at our Ikeja office @ No 4, Alh. Ogungbeye Street, Off Amaraolu, by Zenith Bank, 1st Gate b/stop, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos. Date: Friday 23rd, March 2018, time: 9am. Endeavor to come along with a copy of your CV. Regards; ENQ: Dr Nanji 081-3344-2054

4 - Global Resource invites you for an aptitude test and brief on WED 21-03 by 9am at 19, Bode Thomas, Awoyokun, Onipanu, Lagos. ADMIN/K/RA, 09026876857,08025662754

5- Based on CV review,You've been considered for an interview by 10am on SAT 17/3 at 2 Sunday St off Ikorodu Road,Palmgrove B/S Lagos dovegreenglobalservices.comM

6 - BG Nigeria Ltd schedules you for an assessment tomorrow 8th March 2018. Check your email for details.
HR>DEP

7 - Fortune Careers Ltd schedules an interview for you by 9am on Monday, 29/01/18 @192 Ikorodu Road, beside GTBank,Palmgrove Lagos. http:///n89p. 080-8815-9345.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by CTS07(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2018
I fell 4 dem bck in 2013, since dem i ve hated & detested anytin GNLD & thier likes. Smtin wey carry me go Imo state 4rm Anambra & had me sleep in d stadium as state govt & bank had tax issues, no wher 2 withdraw last 2k wey dy my acct. If no b my guy wey send me 1500 airtime d nxt day wey i sel com find ma way.

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by pennywys(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2018
OsamBrain:
The number of fake jobs interviews (popularly called GNLD) is currently on the high side in Nigeria. This has warranted us to share with you, these life sticking tips to enable you spot a fake job invite en from a distance.
I have seen such a significant number of Job seekers grumbling and deploring their experience in the hands of phony trick organizations who welcome individuals for talk with just to acquaint them with counterfeit medication promoting business.
I’m doing this not just on the grounds that these organizations squander individuals’ opportunity, vitality and T-reasonable going to such meetings, yet additionally on the grounds that the greater part of these con artists blackmail cash from hapless occupation searchers subsequently making their torment times two.
Imagine a trickster coercing #10,500 from a graduate who have been jobless for quite a long time, not to discussion of the vehicle passage squandered going to such unbeneficial meetings or occupation talk as they ordinarily call it.
A few people even get cash to pay these sheep in scoundrels, them paradise on earth. Some will disclose to you that you will make a large portion of a million inside 1 month what not. In case you’re not cautious, you will take an advance that you won’t have the capacity to reimburse accordingly causing humiliation and absence of rest of psyche. A jobless individual ought to have just himself to stress over, not having obligations too.
So I trust that in the event that we are appropriately guided, we won’t fall under the control of these tricksters.
Having said that, there are courses by which one can recognize a phony or trick talk with welcome and there fore maintain a strategic distance from such exercise in futility and cash. The good thing is that the greater part of their messages come in a similar organization, so you will know its phony!
1. The message does not hold up under an organization name: the majority of these con artists will exclude their names on the message you will get. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a telephone number. A certified organization won’t conceal its personality from a potential representative.
2. The message will state “talk with/work instructions”: whatever activity preparation implies I don’t have the foggiest idea!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like “HR=0056” or “REF=002”. This means that the code number of the individual who welcomed you to the “occupation preparation”.
4. It will contain a telephone number: this is the quantity of your referrer. Most honest to goodness organizations don’t give telephone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message rather than organization name
6. In the event that you call their number, they will be hesitant to give data on the organization.

Also, please, overlook those individuals sharing employment flyers in the city, and those ones they glue on dividers. Those are con artists and a few ritualists as well. And furthermore the greater part of these purported organizations are roads for hoodwinking clueless occupation searchers. Please shine your eyes well as the lagos people will say.

I will post the names of some of these phony organizations/offices later.
Please in the event that you have any encounters inthe hands of these con artists sympathetically share it here with the goal that others can learn and maintain a strategic distance from them as well. Much obliged to you
Cheers!

http://nigeriajobscout.com/blog/how-to-spot-a-fake-job-interview-in-nigeria-6-ways/

http://nigeriajobscout.com
Op there's this fake marketing outlet in town called Alliance Immotion Global which they force members of the public to buy a basket of fruits and locally made package herb for 36k just for registration and stuff like to become a member, with a promise that such member will benefit from the organization.
How do you see it?
To me I see fraud at high level

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Kingdollar28(m): 8:06am On Apr 02, 2018
toogbasky:
Abeg any job for Lagos,, particularly d island region, before man commit suicide,, I was trying to travel out was duped by an agent, all my money, all my mum's money gone

I feel your pain bro...

Pls don't get frustrated.... U have a better tomorrow..

U will surely make it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by easyfem(m): 8:07am On Apr 02, 2018
jeeqaa7:

You had 250k.. And you were that desperate? Or did you just lie about that one

Actually its sound crazy that a graduate like me can fall into that trap, a lady borrow me about 100k from d company also , and I gave them 150k .. Making 250k , and I was given 250k product and I sold it and make about 350k but its wasn't easy ... If I av dsame opportunities now , I would av try anoda business ......

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Rainmaker69(m): 8:08am On Apr 02, 2018
A Puerile response to a serious problem. This is throwing out the baby with the bath water.
Simply do a due diligence on the company you intend to attend interview for. If the message omits to state the name of the company, call back or make further enquiries. If you hit a stone wall, then disregard the message.

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by JARUSHUB: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Capital Development Authority Recruitment: Matters Arising / Interview: 13 Ways To Guarantee You’ll NOT Get The Job / Conoden Oil Limited Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.