Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Do You Still Remember These Games? - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do You Still Remember These Games? (25694 Views)

Anybody Playing These Games Online: Modern Warfare, Apex Legends, Overwatch, Etc / Which Of These Games Do You Think Will Win Game Of The Year (2018)? / Do You Remember These Five Iconic Childhood Video Games? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

WOW!for yu to mention the infamous duck hunt na im be say yu be old skool. grin

Yu come mention the game bits like say yur papa get game shop for alaba back then.

Yu forget add double dragon.
double dragon,billy and jimmy was my favorite then,its just like bare knuckle but slightly different, did u play lode runner,Popeye,bomber man,galaxian, star force, battle city,Dr Mario,Mario j 206 which was flying Mario,invisible Mario that doesn't die,road fighter,circus,biker, f1 race,one game in Sega then that a duck use to save her ducklings by taking them to one door,can't remember its name,while ps1 my best games were soul reaver and cyphon filter.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Jethrolite(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66279726:
Guess these are for the noodles generation.
@Op, do you know Mario?
I can't relate to these games o!

You are just forming old but I know you're not, I doubt you are even a gamer. All of the games listed above are inbuilt 8-bit games for some consoles. Remember 8-bit games existed before 16-bit(Sega and Super Nintendo). Mario is also an 8-bit game, you just had to buy the right console with Mario and Contra in it or buy cartridge with your favourite games.

Old nigerian gamers come from the bricks era. I had a friend who owned a joystick Atari.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Kenzico(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
currently playing it on my phone,did you play gun star heroes,judge dred,contra,i f I can get those 8bit track and field games I will download,the music is nostalgic.

Apart from Contra, I've Neva played those ones o! Infact I started my game adventure from brick game and all the way straight to Sega
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jethrolite:
I doubt you are even a gamer. All of the games listed above are inbuilt 8-bit games for some consoles. Remember 8-bit games existed before 16-bit(Sega and Super Nintendo). Mario is also an 8-bit game, you just had to buy the right console with Mario and Contra in it or buy cartridge with your favourite games.

Old nigerian gamers come from the bricks era. I had a friend who owned a joystick Atari.
Okay, thanks for the enlightenment.
Maybe cos I am not into these kinda games back then.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by ZorGBUooeh: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
double dragon,billy and jimmy was my favorite then,its just like bare knuckle but slightly different, did u play lode runner,Popeye,bomber man,galaxian, star force, battle city,Dr Mario,Mario j 206 which was flying Mario,invisible Mario that doesn't die,road fighter,circus,biker, f1 race,one game in Sega then that a duck use to save her ducklings by taking them to one door,can't remember its name,while ps1 my best games were soul reaver and cyphon filter.
Lol yu reminded me of the ones I forgot sef.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Redblood(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
IjeleNwa:
Green Ruslin Attack was my life mission then, imagine the momentum when that RPG is taken away from you,you will feel like ending the whole game
Yes bro once it's taken I do feel like

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Mayowa1056(m): 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
You cannot compare this kids game to football game...football game and action game is the best...#Dream league soccer 2018....Cyberlords arcology...Die hard...
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by kadree(m): 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
Kai!

That duck hunt wey u go point the gun to TV dey shoot duck wey dey fly.

My popsy almost use konk "knock" put hole for my coconut head because of game mata. Lolz
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Kenzico:

Apart from Contra, I've Neva played those ones o! Infact I started my game adventure from brick game and all the way straight to Sega
they are all in play store, I do download and play them when I want to kill time just to take my mind back to the days men were boys and would do anything to avoid going to school/NEPA to bring light just to pay video game.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by ZorGBUooeh: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jethrolite:
You are just forming old but I know you're not, I doubt you are even a gamer. All of the games listed above are inbuilt 8-bit games for some consoles. Remember 8-bit games existed before 16-bit(Sega and Super Nintendo). Mario is also an 8-bit game, you just had to buy the right console with Mario and Contra in it or buy cartridge with your favourite games.

Chai! una just dey give me old memories men..Sum of the black games yu posted the pics had inbuilt games in it.

The managrill guy na correct indomie generation,ad wetin I nor like be make indomie generation dey feel old.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by number5(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
cyberdurable:
If you don't Know About this Game, don't Argue with me on NL again we are not mates[angry

Nice one..on a serious note bros, any idea of how I can get one of those vcd with the game??
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by number5(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
cyberdurable:
If you don't Know About this Game, don't Argue with me on NL again we are not mates[angry

My best were

Contra
Tank 2
Green ruslin attack
Legend cage
Race
Super mario
Ice climber
Mr mary
Adventure island
The little lady mermaid
Karateke

In that order

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by alexmaye(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
una even forget rambo 1st blood, but me play d rest even dat football game wey dy 4 sega and mortal kombat, sunset riders infact i wish i could go back in time
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by davibid: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
What an irony of life

I remember how I use to trek home from school daily to save money to play contra

grin

I still can't forget that feeling when I finally bought my own SEGA.

Mortal Kombat
Super Mario
Etc

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
I have it on my phone,I even have street of range(Bare knuckle) they are available on play store,nostalgic games.
Ehen double dragon, I now remember
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Amirullaha(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
I used to walk streets then for cartridges and pads...
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by demzey(m): 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
ObaAdebola:
My favorite was double dribble (basketball)

Same here, me n my junior bro played d hell out of d disc till e start to crack, na so I cum use spirit n powder finish am, e pain me ehn
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by daclint(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
Green ruslin attack was my favorite then, that game tough sha, contra sweet o especially that moment u captured those red flying stuff that usually convert ur gun to a grenade launcher grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by daclint(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
demzey:

Same here, me n my junior bro played d hell out of d disc till e start to crack, na so I cum use spirit n powder finish am, e pain me ehn

See o, I think say na only me do that thing, I finished my mum's powder on that CD, I even use kerosene sef grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
I just smiled seeing these...good old days...
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Jethrolite(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Chai! una just dey give me old memories men..Sum of the black games yu posted the pics had inbuilt games in it.

The managrill guy na correct indomie generation,ad wetin I nor like be make indomie generation dey feel old.
Confirmed indomie guy forming old. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Blonchilli(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
I loved Green Ruslin Attack. There was this other one there where you use fight through with a tank. You can also use 2 players. My sister and I can play this game tire fight on top too.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Jethrolite(m): 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66284569:

Okay, thanks for the enlightenment.
Maybe cos I am not into these kinda games back then.
Lol, there was no other game to be into. Everything was like this until 16-bit Sega Genesis came where games like Mortal Kombat ruled supreme. A C up B up B A down. Everything ended when PS1 came then 2, 3, 4, PC gamers and na here we dey so.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66279726:
Guess these are for the noodles generation.
@Op, do you know Mario?
I can't relate to these games o!

if you know mario and don't know these ones, I wonder how you got to know mario.... Mario was usually in same cartridge with these other games....
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66280729:

I tire my broda.
Cos I don't know these games in my era, but I can relate now when I see it was around the VCD era.
We na confirm video cassette era!
they were in the cartridge era too.... Family com tinz
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Papadoh(m): 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Do I still remember them? I lived for them!
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Goalnaldo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm just as experienced in video games as I am with married women.

I went from Atari,
To Nintendo, (GameBoy)
To NES
To Super NES,
From Sega,
To Sega Mega Drive I- III
Then the Micro Genius.
From Sega Saturn,
To Nintendo 64.

Well that was before Play Station came.

From the 8bit graphics display, to the 16-bit, then the 64bits.
Played it all,
From Contra to Lethal Weapon,
From Mario to Mario Kart,
From Mortal Kombat to Street Fighter
From ISS to Dr Mario,
From Duck Hunt to Lion King.
wow lemme go and fry egg for you
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by funshint(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
emillionaire:
Me that still have brick game on my android tongue Old soldier never die grin

Mixtapes.ng to download DJ mixes
Thanks for your post....just downloaded it from play store. Thanks really appreciate.... loving it!
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Vulcanheph(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
No 10 .CONTRA
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
cyberdurable:

Terminator 2...
Ending Man.
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by IAmSkinny: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Kenzico:
grin grin grin

Nobody is talking about Bare Knuckle and Sunset Riders
I play sunset riders like mad. Even in 2007/2008, I was still playing it hard! I have beaten the game countless times too. These pictures give me feelings
Re: Do You Still Remember These Games? by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
KingGBsky:

I remembered samurai x I loved it like no man's business

Modify*
I mean the cartoon don't know of the game.
The sword master. Very interesting...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Game Glitches: What Are The Causes? (Graphic Photos) / FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.