Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan (22863 Views)

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja / Our Nepa Bill Has Increased More Than 100% In the last one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Pavore9: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Even as at 2018, some consumers are still expected to fix up faulty transformers! angry

The dragging of feet regarding installing prepaid meters is intentional as it eliminates estimated billing which covers up their incompetence!
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Oyebee91(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Kamsichime(m): 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
do we still have Nepa in naija?
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by purem(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
Everybody with im own

Am very sure that some people on this doesn't have light since a while now
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by J0hnTrevolt(m): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
Cheap I must say. Even if I hav a bill of 5k monthly I'd be happy

4 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by chukzyfcbb: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
all these Ibadan people sef, dem tell you make you pay 2k monthly you still dey complain

shops in Lagos mainland are getting 6000-15000 per month, e come be flat.

for duplexes in Festac, our NEPA bill for the year can rent a 1bedroom apartment (room and parlour)

common go and sleep, u no get yarns.

4 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by HoodBillionaire: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
me my own bill dey go up monthly
from 3k
its now 38k.
my electrician dey come install my prepaid meter nextweek.
to hell with nepa estimated bill scams
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by opethom(m): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
na Veekid dey incharge ooo... locate him and beat him
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:
I got inspired to write and pursue this after reading this post here:

www.nairaland.com/4424406/how-customer-stood-ground-against/

Now to my story.

I moved to a new house in Ibadan in May, 2017. The building has 7 flats and I occupied one of the flats.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for petition and start this long process.
common #5000 you cannot pay
When will Nigerians stop behaving childish.

I paid more than #15000 where I based monthly

Change this your poverty mindset

2 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by djbussy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Forward your complains to

Adamawa Plaza,
 Plot 1099,
First Avenue, 
Off Shehu Shagari Way
Central Business District

Abuja F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234 09 4621400, 09 4621410
info@nerc.gov.ng

2 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by djbussy(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Forward your complains to

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory commission
Corporate Headquarters

Adamawa Plaza,
 Plot 1099,
First Avenue, 
Off Shehu Shagari Way
Central Business District

Abuja F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234 09 4621400, 09 4621410
info@nerc.gov.ng
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by brainhgeek(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Write a letter to Public Complain Commission. I recently discovered that they fear those people more than they fear death. It works like magic
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Boss13: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
I wanted to see some ridiculous amount. Well I don’t know if that amount is proportionate to your power consumption, but it’s not sufficient enough to create a thread to wail. Negotiate with them so your concerns can be addressed.

1 Like

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by pooozeee(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
My guy when I was about entering my flat, I paid the sum of 15,000 naira to PHCN as loss of revenue, after that they have been billing me the sum of 7,000 naira monthly, there are 4 flats, each flat gets 7,000 naira each here in lagos they have equally refused to get us prepaid meter

1 Like

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by adetes: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
the money is nt much as far its 2 bedroom flat, if its a room self con or room and parlour self con u can complain
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by adslipps: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
I just wish I will be seeing light in my area, 2k monthly payment will not be a problem to me because I buy fuel worth more than that in a month.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by peaseb: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nepa/phcn matter. I give up
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Jabioro: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
A similar thread of yesterday inspired you,right? Follow the OP advise or mail him.,Do you know what cracked my ribs and threw my feet off balance.Pls for Buhari sake go and pay for "revenue lost"..the transformer your community repair'd that make them lost,they still wanted you to pay for the past darkness.They are pen robbery..expose them..dem be thieves..shout ole!ole!! Ole!!!
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by hamzeiy: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:

Now to my story.

I moved to a new house in Ibadan in May, 2017. The building has 7 flats and I occupied one of the flats.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for each of the flats and they will be installing them as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the transformer of my area was faulty from May till December 25th, 2017. It was eventually fixed by the community, not PHCN (NEPA).

Then, in February of 2018, the man who collected the money for the prepaid meter brought some Nepa bills for each of the flats saying that we need to pay #3000 each for "loss of revenue". This fee is to cover for the power we're consuming pending the time that our prepaid meter will be ready.

Also, we'll be paying #2000 monthly per flat while our prepaid meter is processing.

I said no. The others tenants also stood their ground.

This man then went to bring more officials to justify his actions. This time around, they added that they can remit the money for us.

This is a new house and it's obvious that they are not being truthful.

The receipt they gave us is not attached to any meter number. No A/C no. Nothing. Just a stamp that contains a name and phone number.

I see this as daylight robbery and corruption because it's obvious that they are deliberately delaying the prepaid meters for their selfish interest.

What steps can I take to correct this?

These guys are threatening to disconnect my power supply. I'm not bothered because I use a solar inverter to power my flat.

I just want to let these guys know that they are wrong. I want to take this up.

I've the phone numbers, email address, and address of IBEDC. What are the steps to take before I write a petition and start this long process.
really?
2000 naira outrageous for a flat. have you wondered how much fuel it would cost you for a month using a generator.. their only fault is the bill that hasnt been given to you and i believe its because the house is new, the bill is yet to be opened that been said, by right youre not supposed to be given power until your bill is ready. i dont think you can afford to wait for that some your payment would be considered for loss of energy . finally if your meters are truelly working then you should have shown them a copy of your last vendin unless you use the old black analog meter which most discos dont use or recognise anymore.
though if you think they might not remit your payment appropriately go to their main office nd pay for the energy loss.. .other than that you dont have a case
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by owunabastard: 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nigerians youth are not serious the op brought a legit case on how a civilized species should function and u guys are after how small the bill is. even if 2000k, right and proper things should be done.
The leads deserve their kind of leaders

4 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by SarkinYarki: 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
Well I think 2k is fair enough till the metre comes .. me I spend an average of 20k a month recharging my preapaid

1 Like

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Our bill is always 15k. It's set at default. Whether we travel or stay at home, it's always 15k. It went from 3-5k a month to 15k. We've accepted the new change.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by reflexionz(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
Bros you are being irrational...because your landlady applied for Prepaid meter you think that's ground for you to use energy free? Why didn't your Landlady wait till the meters arrived before connecting? They have told you it's loss of revenue with receipt and stamp.
Yes it not showing any account nos because they do not want to open a bill for you, in which case you will receive estimated bills which are normally on the high side.
Now if you go to NERC you will so loose the case and forced to make payment to the Disco and they can at the moment even arrest or take legal action against you.
You applied for a meter is different from meter has been delivered and INSTALLED, please emphasis on caps.
Nigerians we think everyone in these DISCOs don't know what they do are doing?
My friend that #3000 is the barest minimum for loss of Revenue, if you like don't pay. As long as a document carrying the DiSco name and logo plus stamp and authorized signature you are good to go. Please dont Wait till they disconnect your street because of you guys.
#payyourbills #dotherightthing

2 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Fuvck PHCN.
Solar energy it is.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by TEYA: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
You only need to go through some of the comments here to know that the problem of Nigeria is not as much due to bad leadership as it is due to docile, dim-witted followership. Just imagine a government agency attempting to extort someone and young Nigerians (whose mates are presidents in France and other countries round the world) saying because there are other people that are more exploited elsewhere, the OP should take no action. What is wrong with our youth in this country? When you cry about corruption in government circles, how serious are you if with the other corner of your mouth you think what is happening in Nepa is ok? Nigerian youths TUFIAKWA!! SHAME ON YOU!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by DavidEsq(m): 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mutemenot:
Me wey them billed 200k for 3 months. I dey wonder if I dey produce rod for house to warrant such bill.
Maybe dem mistake ur house for bakery grin

1 Like

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:

Now to my story.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for each of the flats and they will be installing them as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the transformer of my area was faulty from May till December 25th, 2017. It was eventually fixed by the community, not PHCN (NEPA).

Then, in February of 2018, the man who collected the money for the prepaid meter brought some Nepa bills for each of the flats saying that we need to pay #3000 each for "loss of revenue". This fee is to cover for the power we're consuming pending the time that our prepaid meter will be ready.

Also, we'll be paying #2000 monthly per flat while our prepaid meter is processing.

I said no. The others tenants also stood their ground.

This man then went to bring more officials to justify his actions. This time around, they added that they can remit the money for us.

This is a new house and it's obvious that they are not being truthful.

The receipt they gave us is not attached to any meter number. No A/C no. Nothing. Just a stamp that contains a name and phone number.

I see this as daylight robbery and corruption because it's obvious that they are deliberately delaying the prepaid meters for their selfish interest.

What steps can I take to correct this?

These guys are threatening to disconnect my power supply. I'm not bothered because I use a solar inverter to power my flat.

I just want to let these guys know that they are wrong. I want to take this up.

I've the phone numbers, email address, and address of IBEDC. What are the steps to take before I write a petition and start this long process.
Just consult ur lawyer.... Lobatan
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by wizkidblogger(f): 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
I tire ooo. Guess this is the first time he will be paying nepa bill.

sotall:
Ok

2000 naira bill outrageous?

Wait till you start begging to pay 20k when they bring 35k bill
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Mutemenot(m): 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Maybe dem mistake ur house for bakery grin

Even bakery never get that kind bill bro. cool
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by macaranta(m): 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Standard procedure if you ask me, loss of revenue obviously because the energy you will consume before meter comes is a "loss of revenue" and 2k is fair.
Nothing crazy about this one smiley
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by SSAwhistleblowe: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Report to the consumer protection council

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of A 3 Bedroom Flat Block Work + Roofing / Berry Court Omole 7 Minutes Away From Alausa With C Of O Mainland Opportunity / Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.