Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) (2739 Views)

My Biro Sketch Of Vinicius Jr Of Real Madrid Fc / My Biro Sketch Of Emperor Haile Selassie Of Ethiopia / My Biro Sketch Of Ty Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Riqueleme(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
MY BIRO SKETCH TITLED: IRUN KIKO (HAIR KNOTTING WITH THREAD)
Hair in many cultures plays a great role. There is a common rule that people who don't groom their hair show disrespect to the society. Let's return to the question of hairstyles in Yoruba culture. The main peculiarity is that Yoruba hairstyles weren't created just for beautification but as the means of differentiation. They could be religious, on the basis of gender, marital status, age, mood, political orientation etc.

Yoruba hairstyles have different meanings in the old days, some were designed for married women and some, for singles, Traditionally in Nigeria, Yoruba women were known to wear one of these distinct African hairstyles, known as Irun Kiko (translated to “hair knotting with thread”), as a symbolic embrace of femininity and a declaration of cultural pride. Most recently, we've seen this style on dancers in Beyoncé's "Formation" video and on natural hair bloggers, showing ways to style and stretch their natural hair with a string of thread, instead of heat.
Today, images from the Irun Kiko series have gone on to receive international acclaim with presented exhibitions and lectures in London, Birmingham, and San Antonio, Texas.
Pls value your culture and tradition, it is our identity... My identity > AFRICA > NIGERIA > YORUBA....
#ballpoint_ #irun_kiko #culture #tradition #art_work #life_issue #identity #naija_art #riquelme_art_studio

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Evagbosoria: 1:40am On Apr 02, 2018
Lovely! Indeed lovely! And with BIRO!!!! Kudos op. Welldone. I'm speechless
Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Riqueleme(m): 6:18am On Apr 02, 2018
Evagbosoria:
Lovely! Indeed lovely! And with BIRO!!!! Kudos op. Welldone. I'm speechless
Thanks bro
I made use of bic black Biro

1 Like

Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Protheuss(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2018
:oYou are real good. I love this. sadYou are real good. I love this.
Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by mavinjay1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2018
This is lovely man!!
Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Riqueleme(m): 5:33am On Apr 03, 2018
Protheuss:
:oYou are real good. Ia love this. sadYou are real good. I love this.
yap....thanks bro

1 Like

Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Riqueleme(m): 5:34am On Apr 03, 2018
mavinjay1:
This is lovely man!!
Thanks bro
Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
Coooooooool
Re: My Biro Sketch Tited : Irun Kiko (hair Knotting With Thread) by Riqueleme(m): 5:53am On Apr 04, 2018
comradechekov:
Coooooooool
Thank U!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Test Page (please Do Not Reply) / How Do You Determine Object Scale In 3d Modelling? / Bridge Advertising In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.