Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

A Beautiful Story About Qur'an - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Beautiful Story About Qur'an (10175 Views)

Beautiful Story About Allah's Forgiveness / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church / Imam Abu Hanifah And The Atheist (beautiful Story). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by ebrahym(m): 6:23pm On May 08, 2010
wow, luvly one, keep it up, salaaam
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by kay9(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2010
steadymind:

Don't mean to Dis any religion. I've actually heard this story before and the bible was the book in that story.

Now, wouldn't it have been more truthfull and straightforward if the Granpops had given the guy some soap and asked him to go to the river and wash the basket inside out.

No, it wouldn't. Gramps wasn't trying to teach kiddo how to wash a basket; he was trying to show him what reading good religious books can do to your spirit. Of course he could've just said, "Boy, reading the koran washes your soul, etc, ", but the MEANING of that would probably be lost on the kid. I'd bet my shoe laces if this story really happened, that kid'd never forget it in his life.  wink
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by sulad82i(m): 6:38pm On May 08, 2010
nice. very nice
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by ochukoccna: 6:44pm On May 08, 2010
kay9:

No, it wouldn't. Gramps wasn't trying to teach kiddo how to wash a basket; he was trying to him what reading good religious books can do to your spirit. Of course he could've just said, "Boy, reading the koran washes your soul, etc, ", but the MEANING of that would probably be lost on the kid. I'd bet my shoe laces if this story really happened, that kid'd never forget it in his life.  wink
shocked shocked shocked shocked Like it showed Umar Mutallab how to wear bombs in your undies grin grin grin grin
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by nazzyon(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2010
We will very much appreciate it if the non Muslim's here quit raising irrelevant matters.

You are welcome to learn our ways of worship by asking questions that aren't offensive. And if it has to be, there is always a way to phrase your opinion.

Nairaland is a medium for teaching, learning and more. Islam section is for the Muslims but non Muslims are welcome for as long as you are here to share your opinion and ask questions.

Lets just try to be understanding here. If you feel the statement made doesn't go in line with your believe and the teachings in your religion irrespective of the god you worship, ask questions many people are here to explain.

The story posted was not created to criticize anyone or any religion.

If you feel it should be for the Christians then it is not too late pickup a Bible.

Cursing, abusing and finding faults will not resolve matters.

May God Almighty be with us all.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 08, 2010
So you can just take any wonderful story that has been told for ages and attribute it to your Koran, right?

Shitty Religion, Delusional People.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by olajmk: 7:05pm On May 08, 2010
I have read this story b4 and the reference was made to the BIBLE not the quran!!!! pls get yr facts right b4 u post stuff on this forum,
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by olajmk: 7:08pm On May 08, 2010
I HAVE COME ACROSS THIS STORY B4 AND THE REFERENCE Was made to the BIBLE not the quran!!!!! can we just stop all these petty lies and only stick to facts? thank you! angry
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by realmen: 7:09pm On May 08, 2010
everybody is entitle tp his opinion.
none the less some of us really appreciate the story even though some ppl said is old story.
the moral behind it is that u learn irrespect of the age of the story and mode.

if you dont have any possitive contribution to make on any topic just let ppl that will benefit be.
must you criticise ?

please let us be possitive minded so that we can forge ahead.

the poster, pls keep it up. we will appreciate more of this.

thank you
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Chilug(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2010
Its pathetic to think that by just reading the quaran you will be washed inside out. I think you need a better understanding of your quaran and stop being in a comfort zone. And start doing that which will please your allah which i know its preaches peace and not violence. Love your neighbour. Forgive your neighbour you people dont do that you say quaran washes you. We shall see on the last day how many will say had i know. For i was deceived
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by saturnjay(m): 7:38pm On May 08, 2010
Allah is the greatest
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by queentq: 7:58pm On May 08, 2010
that's the beauty of al-islam,may allah guide us all.happy to be a muslim.pls keep it up,lets see more of this.jazakallah khairan
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by desktop: 8:48pm On May 08, 2010
Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives."

read (meaning from ask oxford.com)

• verb (past and past part. read /red/)
*look at and understand the meaning of (written or printed matter) by interpreting its characters or symbols

*to have such knowledge of (a language) as to be able to understand things written in it: to be able to read french.

*to obtain knowledge or learn of something by reading.

*to look at carefully so as to understand the meaning of (something written, printed, etc.): to read a book; to read music.

Should we also go into the meaning of understand?

The Quran is right in what it says, question is are we understanding it?
If it washes you by reading it just cos its in Arabic does reading any Arabic text like maybe the one in the back of the LG washing machine owners manual have the same effect? (no pun intended! wink)

Arabic isnt our primary language, albeit even the language we use in thinking, but when we dont even understand the English involved when explained, undecided
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by swiftycool(m): 9:01pm On May 08, 2010
Funny as various peeps here have mentioned, i was just about to say the same thing, there is a chain mail that was being circulated for years with this same story but about the BIBLE.
But even then if this can be applied to the Koran i should expect this to make Muslims to be more refined and peace loving, what ive experienced so far is a bunch of robot-like peeps looking for any little opportunity for martyrdom through eliminating people who dont agree with their principles, so as to inherit scores of sex playmates, the muslims that are not too fanatical about this stuff are termed not real, talk about Yoruba vs Hausa muslims. What a bunch of confusion, what do they really stand for?
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by ruledworld: 10:36pm On May 08, 2010
swiftycool:

Funny as various peeps here have mentioned, i was just about to say the same thing, there is a chain mail that was being circulated for years with this same story but about the BIBLE.
But even then if this can be applied to the Koran i should expect this to make Muslims to be more refined and peace loving, what ive experienced so far is a bunch of robot-like peeps looking for any little opportunity for martyrdom through eliminating people who dont agree with their principles, so as to inherit scores of intimacy playmates, the muslims that are not too fanatical about this stuff are termed not real, talk about Yoruba vs Hausa muslims. What a bunch of confusion, what do they really stand for?
I think its because that's what you watch daily on CNN, BBC, ABC, XYZ, Bla Blah, If you want to know the good of something you know exactly where to find it. The Muslims with extremist ideas are less than 1% of the total Muslim population.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Neemah(f): 11:11pm On May 08, 2010
[color=#006600][/color][left][/left]Allahu Akbar Jazakum Lahi for this beautiful story.
nazzyon:

We will very much appreciate it if the non Muslim's here quit raising irrelevant matters.

You are welcome to learn our ways of worship by asking questions that aren't offensive. And if it has to be, there is always a way to phrase your opinion.

Nairaland is a medium for teaching, learning and more. Islam section is for the Muslims but non Muslims are welcome for as long as you are here to share your opinion and ask questions.

Lets just try to be understanding here. If you feel the statement made doesn't go in line with your believe and the teachings in your religion irrespective of the god you worship, ask questions many people are here to explain.

If you feel it should be for the Christians then it is not too late pickup a Bible.

Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 08, 2010
keep deceiving yourselves. . . the Bible is the word of God and Jesus is the way, the truth and life!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by desktop: 11:18pm On May 08, 2010
ruledworld:

I think its because that's what you watch daily on CNN, BBC, ABC, XYZ, Bla Blah, If you want to know the good of something you know exactly where to find it. The Muslims with extremist ideas are less than 1% of the total Muslim population.

True, but then all it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to sit and do nothing!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by vescucci(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2010
If it's an allegory, fine. If it's meant to be a true story, then that is true horseshit. If it was stolen (as I think. Kentucky? Jeez) then that's stolen horseshit.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Casfan123: 11:33pm On May 08, 2010
Bleep d quran.Bleep all moslems.u are all terorists and evel men.i hate u.infact u are not qualified 2 b in nairaland.i wish i had a gun,i wil kil al of u one by one.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by bighead1(m): 11:55pm On May 08, 2010
angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

may ALLAH punish u and your generation for what u just said but i wish he could forgive u before killing u
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by tayo4me(f): 12:22am On May 09, 2010
Allahu Akbar for this story

Casfan123:

bleep d quran.bleep all moslems.u are all terorists and evel men.i hate u.infact u are not qualified 2 b in nairaland.i wish i had a gun,i wil kil al of u one by one.

It means there is no difference between you and the so called terrorists, and as a matter of fact a gun is not dat difficult to get so what are you waiting for? Almighty Allah will strike u down b4 u pull d first trigger. Seun or the moderators are not here to delete the comment quoted above ni?
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Nobody: 12:44am On May 09, 2010
Hey Jarus , kindly watch this clip, its also a nice part of Islam with some really cool music.

Peaceful Islam

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwLRJg7Gks&hl=en[/flash]
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by bighead1(m): 12:45am On May 09, 2010
u see we ppl most of the times get things wrong man.,

u see being a terrorist is just a free will of the mind of such person OK
just like u cafsan idiot your bad mouthing is just your own will.,
and in every man there is the good and the bad part snd we should leave the justifications of things to the
ALMIGHTY.,

and there are somethings that the christians do that make me dislike them somehow
Like calling Jesus GOD.,
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Casfan123: 12:54am On May 09, 2010
Thunder fire u.see i will strangle u 2 death.light has got nothing 2 do with u darkness.jesus is d best.forget d quran.forkin religion.stop deceiving urself.infact i don't want 2 see u in nairaland again.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by ogbongzky(m): 1:05am On May 09, 2010
Imagine some terrorists calling other people terrorists, [size=20pt]posting bad comments on an islamic thread ain't an act of terrorism?[/size]   hiss**
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Tattooboy: 1:12am On May 09, 2010
Yah!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Tattooboy: 1:14am On May 09, 2010
Casfan123:

Thunder fire u.see i will strangle u 2 death.light has got nothing 2 do with u darkness.jesus is d best.forget d quran.forkin religion.stop deceiving urself.infact i don't want 2 see u in nairaland again.
what da . . .?
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by noblegas2(m): 1:59am On May 09, 2010
Casfan123:

wat wil U do? If U wana attack a muslim, i can give U ma address!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by jookco(m): 2:33am On May 09, 2010
Reading your replies, I mean all of you saying Alakuba or whatever, I remembered  the Word of God in 2 Corintians 4:4 that said the God's of this World have blinded your eyes preventing you from seeing the true and only light.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by NativVirus: 3:05am On May 09, 2010
nazzyon:

Will that make you less Mutallab??
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Casfan123: 3:19am On May 09, 2010
If u get mind give me ur adress den i will pay u a visit and teach u d lesson of ur life.don't provoke or else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? / Is It Permissible To Throw Grains Of Corn After Prayer? / Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.