Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68838 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 11:25am On May 06, 2010
Lets talk about motorising big dishes here.
Questions related to this topic should be posted here for professional answers.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by oilepo(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2010
@All fta experts and installers,this the best thread am waiting for! Infact it is a timely thread.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 11:44pm On May 07, 2010
Motorising large dishes start with the pole stand.
Ensure the pole/pipe is straight up i.e at angle 90. You may have to use angle meter or bricklayers' plumbline.
2. If your dish is pan or net. You have to follow the setup intructions in the manual to ensure your dish is properly assembled.
3.get your jack and positioner handy
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2010
Cont'd
4. Determine your east and west
5. Get frequencies of satellites- you can use www.lyngsat.com or www.flysat.com to get list of frequencies. You can also get list of satellites recievable in your location on www.dishpointer.com

STEP TO MOTORISING
1. Track the farthest eastern satellite and mark it on the pole, eg in naija track intelsat 7/10
2. Track a western satellite eg Nss7 and mark it on the pole
3. Track a satellite on the top of the arc eg sirus4.

VERY IMPORTANT
To make the dish track the arc, you must set the declination angle also known as dish tilt. This can be done simply by tracking your due south satellite. In naija use sirus 4@4.8' E to set your declination or dish tilt.
6.When you've manually done the above, then attach your jack.
Pls follow manufacturers insruction when mounting your jack.
7. Connect your jack to the positioner as instructed in the manual. You will need a 4way cable, computer networking cable can be used. Pls pay attention to wire colour so that you do not destroy your jack due to wrong wiring.
8. Now move the dish and start to track your satellites.
GOOD LUCK

1 Like

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by freshp(m): 8:57pm On May 08, 2010
@moderator
can we pls have an applauding smiley.it will say a lot in a click.
@ sammu
this is impressive! Good job. (applaud!!)
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by borderline(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2010
lets also add that the lower the satelite you want to track depends on the length(in inches)of the actuator.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 3:23pm On May 26, 2010
@ all

and may b d perfect way to combine ur lnb's

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 9:52am On May 29, 2010
@adeex, thank your the pix.
I hope your daarbox is rocking
@all
You can add 1 more lnb to make 3in1 set up
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
yeah am enjoyin d box, how is every body at ur end. will b doin my 2.5m dis weekend will u b able to come around.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
@adeexy, i will be visiting a senior friend this weekend. Are you motorising it?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ Sammu

I planned to motorize it but wont b able 2 do dat 4 now, though d installation was a success
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by obnelly: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
good thinking on your write up
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ameboperoo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
Can someone direct me on how 2 connect jack and positioner? I mean the wires. Thanks in advance.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ameboperoo:

Can someone direct me on how 2 connect jack and positioner? I mean the wires. Thanks in advance.
There is a guide to connect d wires when u unscrew d bottom cover of d jack
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
I saw it but it's not very clear. There are 4 wires with 2 indication for +ive and -ive. What of the other two? Should I just connect them not minding the polarity? Again, at the back of the positioner, there are six ports. 2 with indication and the other 4 without any. Pls throw more light on it.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
hmm, theories are far simpler than putting into practice.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2010
@ameboperoo.
Take extreme care when connecting your positioner with the jack, any mistake could damage the reed sensor in the jack.
Here are simple steps to take.
1. Get telecom cable with 4 wires of diferrent colour code in it.
2. Study carefully the back of your positioner, you will see M1 and M2; then SENSOR 1 AND 2.
3. Again, study carefully the instruction label pasted inside the jack cover. You will see M1 and M2; sensor 1, 2
4. Now use the colour code to connect the wires. For example, if you put red wire on M1 on the jack, then red wire at the other end MUST go to M1 on the positioner.
You can call me for more explanations
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2010
Ameboperoo:

I saw it but it's not very clear. There are 4 wires with 2 indication for +ive and -ive. What of the other two? Should I just connect them not minding the polarity? Again, at the back of the positioner, there are six ports. 2 with indication and the other 4 without any. Pls throw more light on it.

to add to what sammu has said if u can't clearly see the instruction label, for ur positioner u are only going to make use of 4 ports in my own case d 2 ports in d middle is not useful so M1 and M2 should be at d top (i.e. d two ports at d extreme end) and d sensor will be below it in d same order.
Then from d Jack itself pick one positive and negative and connect it to d ports of d positioner and if dat doesn't work pick d positives for d Motor and d negatives for d sensor. am sure it shud work out fine.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 2:40am On Jul 20, 2010
@all, if you are in lagos and environs and you need and an installer for fixed or motorised dish setup. Please call 08028599131; 08094164040
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by loluskysat(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2010
@All,

Is it possible to motorize a 4 metre dish?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
Yes. It is possible. I've motorised one before
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by loluskysat(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2010
@ Sammu,

How many Jack did u use?

What are the added satellites compared with that of a 2.4 meter set up?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:58am On Aug 01, 2010
Used 36inches jack. The advantage is that european beams of sats came on with high signals
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by loluskysat(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2010
Thanks Sammu. Where can i get the 36inches Jark
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2010
@ Loluskysat

U can get the 36 inch jack at any satelite shop in abuja there if u are in Lagos its always available at Oshodi or alaba
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
i have 2.4m at home now, thinking maybe i should motorize it,
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by loluskysat(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
Adeexy, please where in Abuja? I'm in Abuja
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Adeexy: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
@ Loluskysat

I dont reside in Abuja so I dont know any particular place may be u should try and contact Babaegun or the moderator himself dey stay in Abuja sure dey can help u.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by solo1ng1: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
twinskenny:

i have 2.4m at home now, thinking maybe i should motorize it,

@twinskenny,

Thats the best thing u can do to fully enjoy FTA as said yesterday, even my 4.4m dey go for motorise, i cannot avoid to miss Abu dhabi

Check the comment on the link below,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475774.99999.html#bot
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 9:40am On Aug 03, 2010
@all

dnt mind this my question ooo

how many sat can u point to if u motorize

i have my 2.4m sitting @ home i want to motorize it,

thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ameboperoo(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2010
Twins. It's depends on your location. As many as is within your horizon and that has footprint on your location,
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by freshp(m): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2010
@twinskenny
as for me here in lokoja i receive up to 19 satellites with my 2.6 mesh dish.
when i am chanced i will send the list of all of them to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.