Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Most Innovative Businesses In Nigeria&africa With Costing&business Plan - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Most Innovative Businesses In Nigeria&africa With Costing&business Plan (857 Views)

SEND MONEY To AFRICA With Love! / Tradermoni Is Empowering Small And Micro Businesses In The South-south / Business Plan For Small Chops And Barbeque In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Innovative Businesses In Nigeria&africa With Costing&business Plan by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:38am On Mar 31, 2018
Most Innovative Business Venture In Nigeria & Africa along With Costing & Business Plan

As a staunch Africanist, I have always believed in this continent come what may even when I hear some African say the continent is not what their sweat. Surely A tree cant make a forest but a times a seed sown in the soil like my kind of might take another 1,000 years to sprout but we just must make that sacrifice. The African economy as a whole is worth $175 trillion USD dollars provided other things been equal and only if we all have hands on deck and if we try to be the opposite of our selfless nature. Because we Humans from all race are naturally born selfish but consistent need for updating or education helps us to see the better side of life. I want to see the developed world queuing up at African embassies for visa same like we Africans are doing now risking the desert and vices of the high sea, coming to Africa to invest, their Dollars, Yen, Euro, Yuan, Dinari & Pounds. I want to see these countries come to African Universities for studies and research, medical check up, seal business contract, invest in our multinational corporations, tourism, come to Africa for professional chattered courses, military or paramilitary professional trainings, come to Africa to buy military weapons, come to buy our cars, jets airbus carriers, Pharmaceutical or Medical Expert Consultancy and Mediation.

Let the developed world come for our version of Nobel Peace Prize, Fela Peace Prize, Kwame Nkruma Peace Prize, Nelson Mandela Peace & Freedom prize, participation in our sports, movie and musical entertainment awards, let them come and invest in our city hub sky scrapers, industries, metro and transport lines, have Nigerian and African multinational corporations listed on these developed countries capital market, pilgrimage, industries, and possibly an African kind of swiss Bank for the world billionaires to come and starch up their cash.

I tell Africa, as long as we pay lip service and deaf ears to African development in however little our quota may seem, we will continue to have 21st Century enslavery perpetrated with our own hands, by Africans and on Africans. Let no one think I hate the developed world I have here mention because from them I have over the years drawn significant reflections from the great mentors history affords us from these developed world as such as USA, Germany, France, Japan, Russia, China, South Korea, India and the United Kingdom. One way or the other, the bulk of these mentioned communities of nations meant well for themselves and the world around them. I believe it is not a curse in our bone and blood that it is an unassailable feat for us as Africans to have such mark for ourselves in history.

Here is a quick quick run on most trending and viable business ventures trending in Africa and also suggestive solutions to relieve us from a few nightmare peculiar to Africa

Just as food is a Universal language that cut across all continent and boarders 75% of Nigerians are malnourished due to lack of proper balance diet. some who can afford it would rather over shoot past the limit as obesity is not really a matter of concern in Africa except among married women concerned about loosing their husband to slim fit looking ladies so lets rank food venture top on this list.

1. Restaurant or Eatery: Depending on branding, pricing, marketing and promo, eatery or restaurant business is still a great one with prospect. With #250,000 naira less or more you are good to go. But Before you go splash huge investment on a mega eatery project, better you set up eatery, or restaurant first. With #250,000 naira to #700,000 naira, you are good to go depending on the environment.

2. Dairy: This is still almost an estrange venture in Nigeria with 99% prospect and possibly close to 80-90% return on investment provided you get your awareness, marketing and pricing right, a litre of skim milk will pay off by far better than the regular evaporated tin milk in the market. A lot of Nigerians don't know that a glass of milk a day is just as essential as water.
3. Ice Cream & Sandwich Van: This has the prospect to sell like the local garri, spaghetti, and indomie if you get your costing, marketing and awareness right. With your vans in every strategic area of the neighbourhood or plying almost every route. you are sure to make your money back. With #900,000 naira to #3 million naira, you are good to go in this venture depending on whether the vehicle is a brand new or of a 2nd hand value.
4. Livestock: Crustaceans, Crabs and Lobster, Fishery, Snailry, Piggery, Poultry, Goat, Ram or Cattle, Rabbit and Grasscutter; this is a unique venture especially when you incorporate a slaughter house and cold room for preservation. with #150,000 naira and above, you can start part of these ventures.
5. Pastry and Confectioneries: Snacks is still another fast food popular among Nigerians. Same with Bakery. With #500,000 naira to #3 million naira, you can start a good bakery and confectionery stores.
6. Fruits & Vegetables or Green grocers: Another beautiful option, with as little as #10,000 naira, you can hop in this venture and ride through but if you want something bigger, then you would be talking of a shopping mall centre.
7. Beverages: Soda drinks, Malt drinks, Cola drinks, yoghurts, corn syrup drinks, cocoa drinks all in pet or can containers. with #15 million naira alone, you can set up a complete production and assembly line.
8. Semovita or Staple flour Production plant. With #7 million naira, you are good to go in this venture depending on your output capacity per hour and per day.
9. Cold room. Another area for livestock venture yet undertapped.
10. Oil Palm Production: With #3.5 million naira to #6 million naira, you are already on an industrial palm oil production.
11. Farm Machine tools rentals.
12. livestock feed of all kinds of animals: with #8 million naira, you are good to go in business.
13. Multi phased Industrial Corporation: These are examples of corporation producing over 200 brands of goods such as Proctor & Gamble, Unilever, PZ, BASF, Pomasidor etc.
14. Industrial Textile Production line:
15. Health care diagnostic centre: 87% lots of Africans and Nigerians are sick without knowing it, as about 88% don't know about their diabetes status, HIV status, Hepatitis status, Blood group or Genotype, Some don't even know when they have typhoid. So, a good lab or hospital with strong marketing, campaign, and promo strategies will help.
16. Physical and E Library: Someone once told me that this won't work in Nigeria and Africa but I bet you, our reading culture is now eroded and fast telling on us as it begs for a come back. An atmosphere people can come to relax and read undisturbed is a good one. Some will never pick a book to read until they are compelled to in the right atmosphere.
17. Thrift Store: Selling first grade used things is really a good option. with 350k to 700k and above, you will get a shop well stocked with used goods.
18. Education & Schools: An area ever in demand. Provided you readily have the space to use, with 500k and to #2 million and above would be required.
19. Science and Maths club for between age 3yrs to age 14years.
20. Art and Craft Club: Partnering with multiple schools in this area has come with great prospect. A lot of people today are not creative and innovative enough because a lot of us missed this great privilege.
21. Music Club: This is another area that plays a big significance in our lifetime productivity, good when you partner with schools to catch the young.
23. Blogging & Web publishing. A good avenue to reach out to the world.
24. Art Gallery: From, Recycled Art, Oil and Acrylic paintings, craft, sculpture with plasterscen, Wood or metallurgy a good one for the heart.
25. Capital Funding: Just as cash is a major challenge in the African system and as the banks will tell you all sort and give you unobtainable reasons why they might not consider your loan application. This is a major reason to provide instant cash to people when needed with by far less or no stringent conditions unlike the regular bank conditions and interest rates, at least a 5% to 10% interest rate is not a bad one, but the longer the loan duration, the greater could be the interest rate. Such services could cut across Event financing, Educational financing, Asset financing, Development financing, Debt restructuring, Venture Capital, Equity Financing, Purchase Order financing, Unsecured lines of credits, B & I loans, Housing Financing, Commercial Real Estate financing, Construction financing, Energy & Commodity financing, Joint Venture Capital, Mergers & Acquisitions, Marriage financing and Church financing.
26. Brewery: For beer, wine, liquor and gin production, this a good prospect for Nigerians and African countries
27. Cosmetics Production line: For cosmetics such as talc and face mask, skin care water range, bio catalyst tonic, eye make up remover, cleansing cream, multi protection Day Cream, Regenerating facial scrub, Hydrating cream mask, Purifying Cream Mask, Peel off face Mask, Royal Sea Cream, Body Lotion (Intensive Hydration), Super firming Gel, Tensing & Regenerating Cream, Sparkling Sea pebbles, Soothing After Sun Gel, Sun Care Hydrating Milk, Anti Ageing Protective Sun Cream, Cologne and Body Spray and Antiperspirant. Synthetic hair attachements. A facility in compliance with government rules and standards and safety of chemicals and materials used, experience quality control Department, Innovative R & D department with strong technical background. The ability to produce both small run of 500kg a day to 20,000kg a day. With a budget of #40 million to #150 million naira you can produce to the standard of brand names as such as Nivea, Dove, Avon, Lancome, Pantene, L'Oreal, O'lay, , Estee Lauder, Head and Shoulder, Christian Dior, Channel, Coco, Aveeno, Garner, Schwarzkopf, Maybelline, Clarins, Oriflame, Shiseido, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Natura, L'Occitane, Johnsons, Lux, M.A.C, Kerastase., Red Ken, Rexoma, Biotherm, Vichy, Matrix, Cleara SailRimmel, Yves Saint Laurent etc. to stock your shop with a brand or varieties of shop, it is visible with #800,000 naira budget or up to #4 million naira worth of shop stocking. Call in for more info.
28. Casual, Coporate, Events & Fitness Appareals: to include men and women, such as of Long and short sleeve pique V neck, long and short sleeve play pique mock, Lycra jacket, hip length, lycra pant, lycra tight, lycra shorts, and other type of wears to compete in the market with Rebok, Nike, Puma, Ecko, and Addidas. with a budget of #6 million to #50 million naira, you can open a standard industrial fabric and designer production line.
29. Timber: As long as wooden materials would be needed, there will always be need for wood and timber supply. Wood such as Mahoganny, Afara, Obeche, Omo, Walnut, Spruce Red. With #600,000 to #3.5 million naira, you can get a trailer load of these. If you need any and for more details feel free to call in
30. Mining. Mining of gem stones as such as aquamarine, ruby, gold, and other precious stones in Nigeria and Africa, feel free to call in.
31. Filling Station Set up or in Need of Reliable Manager or Supervisor, feel free to call in.
32. Hotel plus Event Centres. This 2 often need to go side by side
33. Entertainment Studios. Musical and Movie or Video Production Unit. With #600,000 naira to #4 million naira naira, you can have this up and running.
34. Radio & Tv Station
35. Cable Tv services
36. Air line services, Aviation career of both local and National, we should be producing such just as Boeing and Airbus is doing.
37. Electronic production such as Computer, Ultra HD Tvs, Home thearters, I tell people that if only Nigeria or other African countries are into production of such electronics, believe me the regular retail price from overseas would be slashed in 3 such that a 40 inches Tv that would be going for $342 dollars should be going for just #36,000 naira here in Nigeria. importation of all these kind of electronics are more like extortions. It is the same reason why not everyone can afford the American made iphone or smart phones but most opt for the Chinese made serving the same purpose.
38. Auto Plants and Assembly: We should be producing our own kind of cars, buses and trucks and not importing cars. That Nigeria alone cant achieve this since independence is a big national disgrace.
39. Dock yard & Ship building: This should not be a feet that would elude us as a country and continent.
40. Plastic materials and Injection moulding: This is a lucrative industrial venture but yet still dominated by the chinese in Nigeria.
41. Pharmaceuticals Plant: This is also another area of great concern, producing more of local drugs helps to have a close watch on who and what is been produced.
42. Research centre and centre for Continue learning and Skill acquisition: This is suppose to be in every community and district or region or LGA in Nigeria to allow everyone walk in to enlist to learn a skill regardless of your status provided you have attain the age of accountability wether your a citizen or a foreigner as long as you reside in Nigeria, everyone must have something to offer. With #45 milion to #205 million, we can have this up and running, most poly techniques should be obliged to this task but most have relegated it to run in an opposite directions chasing shadows.
43. Industrial Chemical Plant. Just as we have BASF as the leading world chemical company from Germany, Africa should be able to boast of one.
44. Mobile Tech gadget, Hardware and Software Production Plant: Africa need something similar cited here.

45. Event Centre for youths, Entertainment and Amusement Purpose.
46. Dispatch Service like the Fed Ex, UPS and The DHL Services
47.Transport, Logistic and Haulage Services.
48. Civil & Urban Development Consultancy
49. Sewage & Waste Management Services
50. Solar, Wind Mill, Biogas or Biothermal for Renewable Energy for Rural & Urban Electrification.
51.Social Park or Pub Area for Hang Out with. 52.Community Water Project
53.Automated Auto repair concierge
54. Lottery: Although am not a fan to this idea or kind of venture due to matters of moral and personal principles, but as long as we have the Chelsea fans, Barca Fans, Man U fans, Maldrid fans, Arsenal fans and all kind of sports of some sort, gambling & lottery continues.
55. Furniture: You dont need to have the knowledge for these, all you need is just an over view idea of the market, know your customers or prospect taste and contract skilled men and artisans in the field to build sets for you in specification and before you know it, you have your furniture show room and a corporate venture for yourself. Note that people dont have the need to regularly replace furnitures but your kind of innovative designs will compel them to dispose the old sets and make new for new ones from your furniture ventures.
56.Metal Fabricator: Yes almost the same approach of set up likened to the above furniture show room business. Make ur market survey analysis, get your business plan in place if needed, then contract a set of welder to work for you.
57. Steel rolling or steel mill: No tangible industrial expedition in a country without a handful of this sector. Nigeria and Africa is still very much short of these supply
58. Government approved, Government owned or backed military Ammunition Production Plant: At least to save Africa from a menacing national or continental disgrace of going over sea to purchase weapon to equip our service force men. The advanced countries of the world are Milking Africa and making a kill from Africa in weapon procurement deal. This is common to all African Countries and histories has been fair enough to feed us with the figures. Its another economic drain for Africa and A solely government or collaborative Private and Government effort or partnership is needed in this course.
59.Government approved Special Security Services and Intelligence: In area where the conventionally manned security services are often easily compromised using advance tech of Robots manned or 24hrs programmed hovering weapon loaded drones with surveillance technology on aerial course to cover areas with long history of all sorts of untold mayhem, killings and flash points to identify, strike and kill any threatening presence unduly armed at odd spots & at odd times. This will surely curb the long years fears, nightmare, menace of militancy and marauding guerrilla affairs destabilising economic and peaceful day to day routine of law abiding citizens. State Policing is not a solution to this matter in Africa as it will further worsen the case to an escalated tribal feud and political or opposition witch hunting. This will surely be a big relieving feat and investment for the government.
Note This is only supposed to be a government run venture & not an individual or private show however security experts services may be consulted regularly to review and update its operations from time to time. Technology like this are surely available in countries such as South Korea, Japan, Germany, Russia, USA and other politically Advanced countries of the world today even if some will not disclose them for a lasting solution to our endless headache because some of these country knows that if your country have it all with 100% security, who will buy their lesser relics and lesser functional weapons as they recede to an insignificant existence. Routine military men with guns and basic weapons cant stop militia from striking except you want to risk the lives of security operatives like a lame duck under the harsh weather, sun and rain 24hours waiting for the gory elements to strike at will & at most convenient times.

More so greater number of the youths at will needs to be drafted into the military to have a sense of National responsibility and reckon with the effort of the security operatives or military service men.
May the Lord of Creation direct our noble course and Guide our leaders right to pass amendment bill that will fast track National development instead of investing precious time and resources in petty squabbles and scuffles that adds no glory for National, Continental nor of Global Interest in the league of Nations.

A Business Plan Structure Must Include The Following:
1. Executive Summary
a. Opportunity
i.Problem Summary, ii. Solution Summary, iii. Market Summary, iv. Competition, v. Overview, vi. Why us?
b. Expectations.
i. Forcast, ii. Financial Highlights by year, iii. Financing Needed
2. Opportunity.
a. Problem & Solution
i. Problem Worth Solving, ii. Our Solution,
b. Target Market
c. Competition
i. Current Alternatives, ii. Our advantages,
3. Execution
a. Marketing & Sales
i. Marketing Plan, ii. Sales Plan
b. Operations
i. Locations & facilities, ii. Technology, iii. Equipment &Tools
c. Milestones & Metrics
i. Milestones Table, ii. Key Metrics
4. Company
a. Overview, b. Team... i. Management Team, ii. Advisory Team
5. Financial Plan
a. Forcast,
i. Key Assumptions, ii. Revenue by Month (Chart), iii. Expenses by Month Chart (Chart), iv. Net Profit or Loss by year (Chart)
b. Financing
i. Use of fund, ii. Sources of Funds
c. Statements
i. Projected Profit & Loss, ii. Projected Balance Sheet, iii. Projected Cash Flow Statement
6. Appendix.
a. Monthly Financial Forcast
b. Additional Documentation

Written by A. O Lawal
For more Details and info call 09099176956, 07031360546. DOT SVC Olutayo Shopping Complex, Opposite Royal Spring Hotel Oshogbo, Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Most Innovative Businesses In Nigeria&africa With Costing&business Plan by kllinxman(m): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
This is impressive.... Are these numbers on what'sapp
Re: Most Innovative Businesses In Nigeria&africa With Costing&business Plan by pharmagba: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
great

(1) (Reply)

For A Start,you Don't Need Bitcoin. This Is Better Than Bitcoin / Am Teaching / The Story So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.