Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) (57293 Views)

Tesla Modelx Becomes 1st Electric Car To Cross Sahara Desert In A 5k Miles Rally / 2019 Volkswagen Jetta Revealed (photos And Details) / 300,000 Toyota Sienna Minivans Recalled As They May Roll-away Unexpectedly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by eherbal(m): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2018
if VW knows what good for them,they should just dump these vehicles in Nigeria jejely ,under the guise of resurrecting VW Nigeria grin
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by usba: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2018
grin damnit
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Benjom(m): 11:47am On Mar 31, 2018
Chai!
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 11:47am On Mar 31, 2018
Flexherbal:

Hope they do air pollution test in Nigeria!
yes NESREA is d agency in charge
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2018
That's why cheats and opportunist like Dangote and other shady Nigerians who masquerade as businessmen cannot run a successful business in the western world.

2 Likes

Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Emperor119(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
Those cars are well organized Dan Nigeria as a whole
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Johnnyjay720(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
tongue
Explorers:
Thousands of Reacquired Volkswagen and Audi cars sit in a desert graveyard near Victorville, California.

Shocking images have emerged showing lines of cars stretching out as far as the eye can see in the Californian desert after Volkswagen was forced to buy back 350,000 cars for $7.4billion over the diesel scandal.

The German automaker has been forced to get creative when it comes to responsibly storing the hundreds of thousands of vehicles they had to buy back.

Storage lots include a shuttered suburban Detroit football stadium, a former Minnesota paper mill and the desert site near Victorville, California.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5562609/Shocking-images-VW-cars-dumped-Californian-desert.html
Explorers:
Thousands of Reacquired Volkswagen and Audi cars sit in a desert graveyard near Victorville, California.

Shocking images have emerged showing lines of cars stretching out as far as the eye can see in the Californian desert after Volkswagen was forced to buy back 350,000 cars for $7.4billion over the diesel scandal.

The German automaker has been forced to get creative when it comes to responsibly storing the hundreds of thousands of vehicles they had to buy back.

Storage lots include a shuttered suburban Detroit football stadium, a former Minnesota paper mill and the desert site near Victorville, California.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5562609/Shocking-images-VW-cars-dumped-Californian-desert.html
Explorers:

Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by gozzlin: 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
From there to Africa, the usual dumping ground. Nigerians will kill to buy them.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
This storage is not a bad idea and The emission test scandal only affected their diesel cars. Trust will be regained
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by sosidauto(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
All this our vw importers will not see this kind of place to buy cars and send to naija oh instead they will be looking for accidental cars and cars that life has tire and after someone will buy it and start to deposit money into it as if its an umunna meeting undecided

Call/chat me on 08163529294 for all your VW car parts.sales and services
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by smartleo(m): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Inspired autos and other fraudulent Nigerian car dealers based in the US would be salivating over this and wish the can lay their hands on some to sell to Nigerians
You just posted my thought .I beg make them do quick Jare
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
Magician1503:
I came here to see the forest but.....
I'm still searching
Probably need a new pair of glasses

Topic say na desert, you dey find forest.. It's alright.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:
They are not dumped. They are stored after buyback from consumers.

They will be sold after legalities are resolved.

Not all consumers gave the vehicles back since they are not actually bad. They were just not getting the MPG that the manufacturer advertised.

I see new VW all the time here and people are still buying them.
Most of the new VW you on American streets are not Diesel engine.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
I need a car

1 Like

Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by yhungbrowhne(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
they will soon been transported to nigeria as tokunbo
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Not all consumers gave the vehicles back since they are not actually bad. They were just not getting the MPG that the manufacturer advertised.

It had nothing to do with MPG (Miles per gallon). It was all about emmissions

1 Like

Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by drchuks1234(m): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
Omo na cars be this?
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by slimfit1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
Just knew someone was going to post this rubbish.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
1stCitizen:

It had nothing to do with MPG (Miles per gallon). It was all about emmissions

And I disagree with you.

The average car buyer is not concerned about emissions.

Further, emission is a byproduct of mpg.

“3 Nov 2015
VW's investigation finds that CO2 emissions and fuel consumption figures are also affect”

5 coworkers that turned their cars in did it because they weren’t getting the advertised mpg which was a valid part of the voluntary recall.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Most of the new VW you on American streets are not Diesel engine.

It doesn’t matter.

My rebuttal was in response to the thin veil that VW wasn’t selling new vehicles. They are.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Iceberg3: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
HungerBAD:
Ok

Shut up!!
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
they will ship them to naija as accident problem free cars.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
littlewonders:
Just imagine this is Nigeria with such fleet of cars. What will happen?

RIP to Lagos roads as traffic takes over.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The cars should have lost about 30% of their value by now. That might still be better than scrapping them for parts though.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It doesn’t matter.

My rebuttal was in response to the thin veil that VW wasn’t selling new vehicles. They are.
Of course they are.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
quentin06:
they will ship them to naija as accident problem free cars.

They are accident free.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by samwash(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
sosidauto:
All this our vw importers will not see this kind of place to buy cars and send to naija oh instead they will be looking for accidental cars and cars that life has tire and after someone will buy it and start to deposit money into it as if its an umunna meeting undecided

Call/chat me on 08163529294 for all your VW car parts.sales and services

Bros, d tin dey tire me oo!!
I don't kwn why dey always ship deformed cars to najia, abi those accident cars are cheap but what abt d money spent to rearrange d car

1 Like

Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by tiger28: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
They are all coming to Africa........dumping ground.
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2018
trust naija guys..once Volkswagen gets sales clearance again, these cars will floodthe nigerian market as taxi.....igbo business men are getting ready...
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by godofuck231: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
Flexherbal:

Hope they do air pollution test in Nigeria!

Person Don blow u for belle before? Why u de make me vex? See aboki wen de shite for bush near Road or cassava engine wen de shake house foundation u de find test, lol
I beg talk about how we go take chop first biko
Re: 300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) by Israel17: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Do you need twenty four hours light... ring me check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As Cow Destroys His New Car While The Fulani Herdsmen Look On. / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light / How Driving Through Water Affects Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.