Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? (65667 Views)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Bode Thomas: How Nigerian Lawyer Died Mysteriously After Insulting Alaafin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by omocalabar(m): 11:28am On Mar 31, 2018
prince3009:
Kwankwaso came to South West and told Yoruba traditional rulers to shutup...he didn't bark o!
no mind them. history is no more taught in our schools, yet mumu op brought out this trash, and mumu mod moved it to front page

2 Likes

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by achiever12: 11:28am On Mar 31, 2018
Coloradvantage:
rabbies!! some people will say such things don't exist, please go and sleep! oyibo done scatter una brain finish

Even the oyibo man recognises and practices voodoo
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Ngokafor(f): 11:29am On Mar 31, 2018
Useless juju that works only on black people to cause pain and backwardness..i wonder why they couldnt make the Whiteman bark and run away from Nigeria..yeye dey dmell

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Willie2015: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2018
NaijaMutant:
I don't believe this thrash

Alaafin of Oyo should try same on Buhari let's see the efficacy undecided

Do you know how many Alfas and Imams dey do jazz for Buhari.......U dey feel say Buhari no get pple whey dey consult for am,..

I laugh in greek cheesy... Just pray say u no get problem with bad folks...

2 Likes

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Throwback: 11:31am On Mar 31, 2018
marvin906:

HONESTLY I DONT GET WHY HE DID A STUPID THING LIKE THAT

Maybe he was too "lawful", and would not tolerate any slight of the superior democratic authority by lesser traditional/cultural authority.

Eventually, the lesser in physical law proved to be the powerful in metaphysical realm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Ngokafor(f): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2018
Coloradvantage:
rabbies!! some people will say such things don't exist, please go and sleep! oyibo done scatter una brain finish

They exist alright..but only for pain,death and destruction..Thats why they bow when they see Oyibos..
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by itzjorju(m): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2018
Me I have seen where bullets are been called out from someone legs o...the bullets were just popping out like they were marking attendance... I'm talking about dis catridge one, the one packed together in a red case

4 Likes

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Ngokafor(f): 11:35am On Mar 31, 2018
marvin906:
THOSE PEEPS THAT SAYS IS NOT TRUE
ABEG IBADAN TOO FAR GO TRY WITH OBA OF BENIN
IF YOU SEE DAY BREAK MAKE I KNOW WHY

Unfortunately this evil only works on black people...Oba Ovonranmwen was humiliated and driven into exile inspite of all his juju then...ironic.

2 Likes

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by marvin906(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2018
Ngokafor:

Unfortunately this evil only works on black people...Oba Ovonranmwen was humiliated and driven into exile inspite of all his juju then...ironic.

TRUE
BUH SAYING IT DOES NOT EXIST IS STUPIDITY.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 31, 2018
Are there dark mystical forces? You betcha.
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by lozanni(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2018
Robisky001:
Let the Alaafin try it on Buhari lets see how potent it is. Or Idontbelieveit.

grin You too dey look for trouble. What concerns bubu with that kind of Jazz?
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by RSVP: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2018
5thElement:
Are there dark mystical forces? You betcha.

YES

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Skepticus: 11:56am On Mar 31, 2018
grin

The same bunch of superstitous, dead-brained morons who believe in this trash of a joke will doubt the veracity of the money swallowing snake in Benue State.

Stupid folks.

No wonder whites totally brainwashed them with Middle Eastern goat herders philosophies

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by fajob: 11:57am On Mar 31, 2018
hmmmmmmmmmmmm jolagict.com
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Freeze007(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
Now listen up, if you have those ALAFINS IN A COUNTRY where corrupt people thrive and they do nothing about it... then, I am sorry, they are just like every ordinary Nigerian.... empty vessel...

I rarely think they exist apart from now you have brought the name ALAFIN into the picture, no disrespect!??
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by afroxyz: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Olalan:
African magic is real, with events happening around us only a fool won't belief there is jazz

Where was the jazz when white men invaded? Abeg lemme rest jare

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by winj3: 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
If you believe this you are a monkey!

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Johnnyjay720(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
grin grin
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by DavidEsq(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
GeniusHawlah:
My question is "how did it happen?"
Aláàfin sent it through wave (wireless) or physical contact (wired connection)

If we can plainly explain those things behind their "jujus", Africans too can be investing you know. undecided

What happened to that poor man could just be lil portion of dog rabies in his food.

I dont care whatever it is sha, they should explain or keep the secret! If technology was hidden we would say it is juju. Iranu!
Dem dey chop rabies ni?
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Waveline: 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2018
[Copied
A Lesson on humility to learn from the story of Bode Thomas...

Bode Thomas, yes, the same Bode Thomas, whom the Surulere street was named after, died on Nov 23, 1953 in a most mysterious manner.
Bode Thomas was born to a wealthy trader, John thomas in 1918. Himself, FRA Williams and Remi Fani-Kayode (Father of Femi Fani-Kayode) attended Law School in London, and they established the first law firm in Nigeria, called "Thomas, Williams and Kayode".The law firm was established in Jankara, Lagos.
Bode Thomas was an excellent lawyer, but he was also very arrogant. Because of his education, he was made chairman of the Oyo Divisional Council at one time, while the King of Oyo, Alaafin Adeyemi, (the father of the current Alaafin) was a mere member.
On Bode Thomas' first appearance in council after being appointed chairman, all council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him, except Oba Adeyemi, who, for cultural reasons, should not show deference to anyone in public, not even his mother.
Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the King"...WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW RESPECT?"
At that time, Bode Thomas was 34 years, while the Alaafin was in his 60's. The Alaafin felt very insulted. He said "SE EMI LO NGBO MO BAUN?" (Is it me that you are barking at like that?)Bode Thomas responded by shouting some english sentences which the Alaafin didnt understand, so the Alaafin just told him... "MA GBO LO" (continue barking). The confrontation happened on November 22, 1953. Bode Thomas got home and started barking.
He barked and barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23, 1953.
Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo. So, when next you drive on Bode Thomas street in Surulere, remember that man, who cut short his own life because of his arrogance and naughtiness.

quote author=marvin906 post=66310157]

HONESTLY I DONT GET WHY HE DID A STUPID THING LIKE THAT[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by marvin906(m): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
[quote author=Waveline post=66311652][Copied
A Lesson on humility to learn from the story of Bode Thomas...

Bode Thomas, yes, the same Bode Thomas, whom the Surulere street was named after, died on Nov 23, 1953 in a most mysterious manner.
Bode Thomas was born to a wealthy trader, John thomas in 1918. Himself, FRA Williams and Remi Fani-Kayode (Father of Femi Fani-Kayode) attended Law School in London, and they established the first law firm in Nigeria, called "Thomas, Williams and Kayode".The law firm was established in Jankara, Lagos.
Bode Thomas was an excellent lawyer, but he was also very arrogant. Because of his education, he was made chairman of the Oyo Divisional Council at one time, while the King of Oyo, Alaafin Adeyemi, (the father of the current Alaafin) was a mere member.
On Bode Thomas' first appearance in council after being appointed chairman, all council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him, except Oba Adeyemi, who, for cultural reasons, should not show deference to anyone in public, not even his mother.
Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the King"...WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW RESPECT?"
At that time, Bode Thomas was 34 years, while the Alaafin was in his 60's. The Alaafin felt very insulted. He said "SE EMI LO NGBO MO BAUN?" (Is it me that you are barking at like that?)Bode Thomas responded by shouting some english sentences which the Alaafin didnt understand, so the Alaafin just told him... "MA GBO LO" (continue barking). The confrontation happened on November 22, 1953. Bode Thomas got home and started barking.
He barked and barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23, 1953.
Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo. So, when next you drive on Bode Thomas street in Surulere, remember that man, who cut short his own life because of his arrogance and naughtiness.

HMMMMM
HE SIGNED HES DEATH CERT WITH HES HANDS
PURE ARROGANCE
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
Yeah it is a legendary story. Thot it happened in Lagos. Bode Thomas thought he was too rich and educated for all dt jargon. He died d next day after the incident.

The barking cld just be added hearsay but no one has any doubts d Alaffin killed him.
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Jaymaestro(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
This is a lesson for the pseudo erudite who thinks there's no Xpower within , except what Logic says.

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
The fact that the average Nigerian you narrate this nonsense to will believe it, and even mock and ridicule and insult you for your skepticism is why I believe in racial intelligence classifications which asserts sub-saharan Africans have the lowest IQ in the world. No wonder it is left for a Norwegian atheist woman to come to Akwa Ibom to rescue kids who have been cast out by their parents and communities as witches. We are further down the evolutionary tree as humans than other groups. Sad, but true. grin

3 Likes

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Coloradvantage(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ngokafor:

They exist alright..but only for pain,death and destruction..Thats tthey bow when they see Oyibos..
lol
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Coloradvantage(m): 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
achiever12:

Even the oyibo man recognises and practices voodoo
we suffer for lack of wisdom. nollywood and the church paint juju so black. the real thing is there. lol. they don't know
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by daviefm(m): 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
Robisky001:
Let the Alaafin try it on Buhari lets see how potent it is. Or Idontbelieveit.
U SHA WAN WASTE THE DAURA OLD MAN
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by BioTeck: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
marvin906:

HONESTLY I DONT GET WHY HE DID A STUPID THING LIKE THAT

If it was true, he was actually very stupid.
Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
He insulted the Alaafin ; he died the next day.

1. the two incidents may not be connected

2. He may have been poisoned to send a message

3. It does not have to be voodoo;

3 Likes

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by petenweke: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
If this was true, what other things, I mean positive things, did the Alaafin do with that his local technology for the good people of Oyo state?
Norrin?
Okay, the technology is just for havoc, pain, sorrow, dread, death, sickness and. ..

1 Like

Re: Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? by Unik3030: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
omocalabar:
The owner of albino (alaafin) couldn't use his powers to change the brown roof over his head
the brown roof signifies the days of our forefathers, go to the palace of ooni of IFE or olubadan of Ibadan despite the fact that they are modern palaces u will still find brown roof there.its not that they don't have money to renovate n refurbish it but that's how it is. u people call us brown roof republic but u don't know that those people whose parents own d brown roof are multimillionaires but u dare not demolish it. go to north u will find it, go to south u will find it but u can't find it in south east because they fought war. had it been there was no war u will find it there. so I guess u understand now

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene / The Importance Attached To The 2nd Child(orlu) In Igbo Culture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.