Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road (45344 Views)

Learner Driver Crashes Into A Building In Calabar / Dangote Truck Collides With ‘God Is Good Motors’ Bus At Auchi Junction / The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by oluwasegun007(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
they over use their drivers...

the day I entered gigm from lag to abj, I had my heart in my mouth...

the guy just they sleep, we had ti buy bitter cola and other tinz

we just beg the guy in front to engage him in discussion.

it is well.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
pyyxxaro:
cry

Hope there nor go use them for their yearly activity

Rip to them

Its an annual thingy.....If u know , you know.Waiting for peace mass transit (PMT).
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Obinoscopy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
This is serious and strange. I've always known God Is Good for hiring good drivers.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
delishpot:
Nigeria is a shit hole. No dignity for her citizens even in death. See how they packed them like pile of trash

yep, according to bubus aide nigerians are trash.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by DIAMO1: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
EvilChild:
Best news have seen today.
You need help ,no joke ....
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by opuama(f): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
The only survivor is my secondary school classmate. She is still hospitalised n my Alma mater has been doing voluntary donations to help with her bills

1 Like

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lomprico2:

They collided with a "parked" truck!! What other reason will cause that?

Many.

Burst tire.
Broken suspension part.
Rut in road.
Suicidal passenger dragged the wheel.
Driver hallucination.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by PrincessB1(f): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
Oh my God!!! This is terrible
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by blessedqueen(f): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
delishpot:
Nigeria is a shit hole. No dignity for her citizens even in death. See how they packed them like pile of trash

Don't say what you don't know... God is good motor drivers speed as if they know what is far ahead... They run like mad.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by ChisomDgreatest(m): 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
zone51:

Brake might failed, Tyre might got busted...I personally had encountered this before along Ibadan express road...The tyre of the station wagon I boarded got busted and before I knew it, I felt rolling on the bed...the car somersaulted for a distance of upto 200M away from the express road... And driver was not asleep...I accept your logical analysis, BUT don't assume/conclude yet. cool

Oga...the driver was asleep oo...my neighbor saw the accident LIVE while coming back from Her hometown... she said her bus was three buses away for the GIG bus before the incident occurred. The woman(survivor) reported that the driver was sleeping

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by martineverest(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
how did u know he was sleeping?...I smell jealous rivals at work
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
This could be any of us.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by martineverest(m): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
blessedqueen:

Don't say what you don't know... God is good motor drivers speed as if they know what is far ahead... They run like mad.
u are a liar....I have be boarding God is good motors since 2009, they are the slowest drivers in Nigeria..... their max speed range is btw 100/120km/hr.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by heendrix(m): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
itsIYKE:
God is good motors over stress there drivers a lot ......imagine a driver going to Lagos two times in 24 hours

from what state?
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Kennydoc(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
Road transport is so scary in Nigeria.
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by faizy90: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
Too bad. If really he was sleeping. I like gisting with the driver anytime am travelling so he won't sleep becos I've xperience a sleeping driver before, it wasn't funny at all

1 Like

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I warned them not to travel that day but they wouldn't listen to me
Why would anyone listen to an enemy of progress
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by ice4u999(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
zone51:
Only one survivor and you claimed the driver was asleep?, How did you know?,...This is a poor journalism.

Anything could have happened...For example, Dad had an Accident on the 18th of May 2007 along Lokoja. 3 vehicles were involved, everyone died except him {Thank God for Africa Magic though wink}...

When asked what happened?...he explained their driver tried to overtook a truck in front of him without clear sight of what lies ahead, the truck driver wickedly signaled their driver with his hand to pass at a bend not knowing theirs an oncoming 18 seater bus, when their driver accelerated, it was late to go back and the road was not wide enough except ditches by the side...their vehicle collided with the bus and another private car on full speed rammed into that bus also...and that was it...everything somersaulted into the ditch. He was lucky to have gotten out in the process before the vehicles started somersaulting and that was how he got to have full account of what transpired.

At bolded, meaning your dad vanished and reappear far away from the accident?
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Prettyyemi(f): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
Eehya...
Rip..
We don't know,maybe d driver took alcohol before driving d car...
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Kylekent59: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
And how did they know he was sleeping??
RIP to d dead.
The only survival could tell what exactly was the cause /what resulted to the accident.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by redsun(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nighty nine percent of Nigerian drivers are untrained and in a reasonable world, unfit to ride bicycles on the roads. The roads are death traps with no rules and regulations to keep people safe.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by ice4u999(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
openmine:
This is very serious....I always travel with GIGM esp when am going to Lagos......

The employers need to start cautioning their drivers....They are getting proud and reckless every day!

Just sum days ago,a colleague of mine was rushed to the hospital after the same transport company had an accident around shagamu....

No matter the rush hour because of the easter holiday,safety is always paramount!

Buses are owned by private individuals that are not within GIG management. So the management don't really care. For them it is all about the money.
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by congorasta: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
zone51:

Brake might failed, Tyre might got busted...I personally had encountered this before along Ibadan express road...The tyre of the station wagon I boarded got busted and before I knew it, I felt rolling on the bed...the car somersaulted for a distance of upto 200M away from the express road... And driver was not asleep...I accept your logical analysis, BUT don't assume/conclude yet. cool

200 meters??!!!!!!!!

656 feet...

Ahhhh easy brother
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Radicalface: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
seriously, I had plans of traveling to the east today from the west, and God is good motors is the transport company I travel with ,who knows I might have been in that same bus.. but I canceled my trip to mark the Easter period with my family in the west here,, thank you JESUS for saving me from accident today.. thank you
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by LZAA: 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
zone51:

oh boi ur grammar no be hia o grin
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
This thing only happened to me once. Sleeping behind the wheel. I was doing my Master's and pastoring a church. I had a test early on Monday and left Ife for Lagos around 9 pm. I was stressed out and feeling seriously sleepy. All I remember was hearing the squeal of my tires and I woke up and found my car close to crashing into the back of a stationary truck.

That experience has made me more careful. I don't drive when I am exhausted and I don't drive/travel at night except if it is by air.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Radicalface: 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
EvilChild:
why trading your sense, just for mere likes nor quotes
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Kylekent59: 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
LZAA:

oh boi ur grammar no be hia o grin
Make we help am small correct am

Brake could fail,tyres could get bust
He personally had encountered this scenario along ibadan express way grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Radicalface: 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
EvilChild:
why trading your sense, just for mere likes nor quotes
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by chronique(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
martineverest:
u are a liar....I have be boarding God is good motors since 2009, they are the slowest drivers in Nigeria..... their max speed range is btw 100/120km/hr.

I was about to point that out. The fear that gripped me when I saw the title of this thread,nor get part 2. Already had my heart racing and beating very fast cos I and my sisters were supposed to travel today but I told them I wouldn't be leaving today and I'd thought both of them had traveled. Rushed to call to find out if they had gotten home and they said they didn't travel again. We usually travel with GIGM in my house. May the souls of the departed, rest in perfect peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by Pinkyposh(f): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
This is so sad......my favorite transport company,...

Transport company owners should give their drivers enough time to rest and sleep after each trip to avoid all these.
The govt should also look into it to make sure the drivers are sound before embarking on any journey.

May their souls rest in peace
Re: Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road by openmine(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
ice4u999:

Buses are owned by private individuals that are not within GIG management. So the management don't really care. For them it is all about the money.
Hmmmm.....They we can conclude the company like others will soon go into extinction....
I know of so many transport companies that started like GIGM but where are they today?
Safety and not money remains the best way to keep a transport company's reputation!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Man Who Rode Bicycle From Denmark To Nigeria Received In Calabar. Photos / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.