Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

My Top Five Nigerian Music Collaborations - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Top Five Nigerian Music Collaborations (489 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Top Five Nigerian Music Collaborations by enemmo(f): 9:39am On Mar 31, 2018
My top five Nigerian music collaborations of all time.
I am a lover of music and its safe to assume that I have an eclectic taste in music i.e I enjoy rap, Fuji, high life, pop, rock and even jazz sometimes.
In this post, I will be sharing my five best collaborations between Nigerian artistes

Disclaimer:
1) No International collaboration and strictly two artistes.
2)I see Nigerian music as a long continuous art, No new school, no old school, just classics.

5)Jeremiah Gyang featuring Asa Comforter's song

Probably the least popular of the songs on my list. Does not take anything away from this song. Its mellow and indeed comforting. Released in 2008, and later included in the 2012's Love album by Gyang

4)Phyno and Olamide ''Fada Fada''

Great things happen when we work together. Phyno and Olamide's music relationship reminds me of bread and butter. Released in May 2016. Different from Phyno's traditional igbo rap style, is a song of appreciation to God.

3)Psquare featuring J.Martins "E no easy''

Released in 2010,off Psquare's danger album is a song about hope.catchy pidgin english lyrics and a simple message of hope makes this song have a spot on my list.

2)9ice featuring Tubaba Street credibility

Taken off 9ices's 2008 album Gongo aso, this song has it all. From use of indigenous language (yoruba and idoma), to 9ice's yoruba proverbs (eg kiniun l'oba eran),to the catchy title,It also doesn't hurt that they both have loads of street cred.

1)King Sunny Ade featuring Onyeka Onwenu :Wait for me

In the land of collaborations, this is a collaboration and a half. Its safe to assume KSA and Onyeka Onwenu are legends in every sense of the word. Released in the late 80's as part of a sensitization campaign to control overpopulation. Three songs were recorded by the duo, but this is probably the most known. Beautiful use of harmony, sonorous voices, trendsetting as this was a rare thing back then (collaborations). so great was their chemistry back then that shortly after the songs were released, rumours started flying about a non existent romantic relationship

Please drop your favourite collaborations.

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid – Aphrodisiac / A Nairalander Cupti Drops A New Music Title Come And Do / Aterre - Leave Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.