Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:27 PM

Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) (43520 Views)

What Do You Say When A Girl Asks Where You Got Her Number From? / How Do You Say " I LOVE YOU" In Your Indigenous Language? / How Do You Say "I Love You" In Broken English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Teaser0904(f): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
I hate cooking!mtchewww grin

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Stop mistaking me for your Mama na embarassed
ladiesreject:

I tell you say I no sabi cook?
If you like no go learn how to cook, de dea de hawk your toto up and down
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Alajiki(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:
The person who wrote this is an idiot. A sexist idiot

May I know why and how?
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
lefulefu:
The day i ate my friend's girlfriend beans i almost regretted my lifecheesy. The beans seed that was half done go one side... Red oil oil looking like the redsea also pack goin one side. And when u taste the beans na so d salt content for d beans just dey tingle ur teethcheesy.its like she pour two sacks of dangote's iodized salt inside the beans. Chai! Wen i taste two spoons of the endtime beans na so i tell my guy dat i am ok...make i no go get running stomachcheesy. Guys with girlfriends or wives dat don't know how to cook..biko teach dem how to cook make dem no fall una hands..its importantcheesy.

Hahahahahaha my stomach is hurting me oh
thank God she is not your gf if not bro Na sorry Na sorry you go dey weneva she cook for you
I remember when my gf brought me food in the morning i didn't eat until night the food was still very good when i asked her the next day you cooked the food
she said she is the one that cooked it am like huh
( I go catch you one day maybe is your mother that cooked the food ) The Words Ran in my Mind
since then she never bring me food still waiting for that day
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by CaptainFM1: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
spyglaxx:
I taught my wife how to cook stew. Nobody cooks better than me. I have now discovered ordinary cooking can scatter marriages.

Good man
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Ishilove: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
Alajiki:

May I know why and how?
The whole article was supposed to be a joke, but then calling women 'village witches', 'poverty stricken and kitchen '_imbeciles' crossed the line and entered into the zone of sexism

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
My elder and married sister is the worst cook to walk the face of the earth. I say this with all the sadness my heart can muster.

I went to the market today, bought 3 kg live chicken, the freshest tomatoes, spices, vegetables and stuff for stew, soups, and salad.

Since she began living in my apartment with her kids she's shown me brief snippets of what she can do but I thought that was because she didn't have enough ingredients to cook with, but I digress.

So I handed over the items to her and went out to drink with my buddies. I also gave her N5k just so that everything can be soft on account of today being Easter.

Imagine my anger, sadness, and grief when I came back, bathed and was served the worst stew in the history of the world.

1- The tomatoes in the stew was charred - not burnt, charred.
2- She put crayfish in the chicken stew and basically killed all the chicken flavor
3-The rice was parboiled till it was rubbery
4- The rice was salted so badly that it's taste and flavor dominated that of the stew
5- The salads were an apology.
6 - maggi cubes were used indiscriminately for taste making lending a sharp industrialized tang to the food

Imagine how hurtful it is when you spend ten thousand naira on a meal and yet you cannot eat it. I was mad.

If the woman I marry cook that kind of trash for me, I will slap her and pour it on her, sequel to me asking her to leave my house.

My sister is a horrible cook who is making my life hard at the moment. She has also taught me the importance of marrying somebody who can cook.

I feel so pained because she is still going to be with me for another 6 months. I just can't wait. Her food is the stuff hell is made of.

5 Likes

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
OdikwaRisky:
Stop mistaking me for your Mama na embarassed

So na my mother now you de insult?

Tor thanks, make e just end here.

I get huge respect for parents, even yours

3 Likes

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

The whole article was supposed to be a joke, but then calling women 'village witches', 'poverty stricken and kitchen '_imbeciles' crossed the line and entered into the zone of sexism

Short triggers. Tsk, tsk.

I thought we didn't have political correctness. Even westerners are groaning under it.

This is Nigeria, and we say whatever we want to say.
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Alajiki(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

You're very right.
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Ishilove - "The person who wrote this is an idiot. A sexist idiot"

The person who wrote the above comment is a rudderless fool without a grip on reality. A rudderless fool.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by braine(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
Tednersy:
I am a combination of Dead Sea, Mixed Spices and Kitchen slowpoke. Lethal just lethal. I will marry a man that can cook. It's not a woman's place to cook. I don't mind marrying a chef. tongue

Let his mother catch him cooking for you.

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by highbee02: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
generaliy:
1. Aquatic spirits: These ones will make an ocean out of any meal, one cup of rice is to 25 litre of water, literally, they don't make Eba, they do "swimming cassava flakes".

2. Dead Sea: They have a covenant with salt, no living thing can survive if dropped in their pot of soup, Dangote salt recognises them yearly, they make the market boom.

3. Loud sounding cymbals: All noise and no substance, you can perceive the aroma of their foods from the Nigerian-Cameroon border, but that's where it ends, the taste will spoil your day and ruin your appetite.

4. Mixed culture: They are professional mixologists, they'll combine ancient Egyptian spices with local spices from the Nok culture, then garnish with ginger, garlic, tumeric, and all sorts of funny tasting blends, we should call them science students!

5. Silencers : These type can survive in any Nigerian private university hostel, Covenant, Babcock, Crawford, etc. Guess why? You never perceive anything, their meals are aroma non-compliant.

6. Kitchen imbeciles: May you never be unfortunate enough to meet one, their mama never allowed them in the kitchen once, they just stare confusingly, they can add okro to noodles, no kidding.

7. Credit thrift and loans: They're mostly from the south south, their meals leaves your account balance weeping uncontrollably, they can never manage, all sorts of animals must attend every pot session, with such ladies, you'll be "having the form of wealthiness but deny the power thereof!"

8. Village witches: Poverty is sunk deeply in their system, they are high performers with meals below 500 naira, they make local meals well, locust bean is their destiny partner, bitter leaf is always on the menu!

9. Cacophony of confusion: Just pity your unborn kids even if you're considering them for other purposes, they can add the oddest food combos, yam and rice, jollof rice and pettered beans, 24 vegetable varieties in one pot, lets not go on.

10. Wife materials(1,523,456 yards, quality Korean fabrics). They are high performers under any situation, they can make meals with 100 naira as well as 20,000 naira, food so perfect you think Angels supply their recipes, if you see one, cleave to her, even if she's the bone of your flesh!

Caveat: Advise taken at readers' risk, the writer is NOT liable for any inconveniences that may arise as a result of applying this piece, thank you.
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by braine(m): 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
OriakuAmara:
I love cooking.
It's fun.
cheesy cheesy
Fun for where? It certainly ain't fun.
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
You see how it feels when someone insults you in such an unwarranted manner. It’s not sweet abi? . Anyways make it end here
ladiesreject:

So na my mother now you de insult?

Tor thanks, make e just end here.

I get huge respect for parents, even yours

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by shugamummy: 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Tednersy:
I am a combination of Dead Sea, Mixed Spices and Kitchen slowpoke. Lethal just lethal. I will marry a man that can cook. It's not a woman's place to cook. I don't mind marrying a chef. tongue

Just like it's not the man's place to provide the needs of the house....I won't mind marrying a lady that is made and can spend on me till we do ourselves part. Products of those lazy brats poured out daily by mothers of these days
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by BossLaifay(f): 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Intrepid01:
Pls stop it, salt is dangerous to human health. On a long term basis, could initiate hypertension and other visceral ailments.
sawdi:
Your liver understand the pleasure too. It will let you know in due time if you don't repent. angry
somehow:
It's not healthy and you're killing yourself and those who eat your meal gradually.
Lol. So say my loved ones. I will repent.
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
KOPT33:

The person who wrote this comment is a rudderless fool without a grip on reality. A rudderless fool.
How apt. It is very rare to find people who will readily admit that they are fools, but you have captured your rudderless foolishness in one paragraph
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by hemrald(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Tednersy:
WELDONE MA
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by idpompe: 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hilarious!
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Ishilove: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
KOPT33:
My elder and married sister is the worst cook to walk the face of the earth. I say this with all the sadness my heart can muster.

I went to the market today, bought 3 kg live chicken, the freshest tomatoes, spices, vegetables and stuff for stew, soups, and salad.

Since she began living in my apartment with her kids she's shown me brief snippets of what she can do but I thought that was because she didn't have enough ingredients to cook with, but I digress.

So I handed over the items to her and went out to drink with my buddies. I also gave her N5k just so that everything can be soft on account of today being Easter.

Imagine my anger, sadness, and grief when I came back, bathed and was served the worst stew in the history of the world.

1- The tomatoes in the stew was charred - not burnt, charred.
2- She put crayfish in the chicken stew and basically killed all the chicken flavor
3-The rice was parboiled till it was rubbery
4- The rice was salted so badly that it's taste and flavor dominated that of the stew
5- The salads were an apology.
6 - maggi cubes were used indiscriminately for taste making lending a sharp industrialized tang to the food

Imagine how hurtful it is when you spend ten thousand naira on a meal and yet you cannot eat it. I was mad.

If the woman I marry cook that kind of trash for me, I will slap her and pour it on her, sequel to me asking her to leave my house.

My sister is a horrible cook who is making my life hard at the moment. She has also taught me the importance of marrying somebody who can cook.

I feel so pained because she is still going to be with me for another 6 months. I just can't wait. Her food is the stuff hell is made of.

And when she stabs you in the neck while you're fast asleep, people will call for her head, not knowing what she had to endure in the hands of a physically abusive huaband like you

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by somehow: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
It's not healthy and you're killing yourself and those who eat your meal gradually.
BossLaifay:
I am number 2 with blend of number 4 tongue
Only me understands the pleasure of the salt in my food. Lol
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

And when she stabs you in the neck while you're fast asleep, people will call for her head, not knowing what she had to endure in the hands of a physically abusive huaband like you

A slap or two has magical reset abilities. Infact, you are overdue for a resounding one. Seems too much western education has eroded all the common sense you had.

Imagine advocating cold blooded murder as payback for a loving and correcting face rub. You are mad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
cheesy
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Vanpascore(m): 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

This your comment shows you to be what you are

4 Likes

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by somehow: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Are you married to your MIL? How come she's the one giving you issues?
seunfly:

This is about my mother-inlaw, right now I'm angry and my pocket is crying. She can complain for Africa, I normally buy cow head, tail and laps in the freezer, she complained about goat, I bought a whole goat put in the freezer, she complained about fish, I obliged and I bought smoked fish now she is complaining about periwinkles and snails. I'm just trying to be civil with her otherwise I will just blantly turn her down. I don't know why somebody can't not eat without fish, meat, goat meat, snail etc in the food. It is complain all the time.
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Ishilove: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

How apt. It is very rare to find people who will readily admit that they are fools, but you have captured your rudderless foolishness in one paragraph
He has even edited his comment. Pathetic, misogynistic and Rudderless imbeside cheesy

Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Biglittlelois(f): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
luminouz:
Lemme coman confirm jor Can u pound yam too

That is actually the first thing i learnt cos i dont like the processed one
Re: Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) by Biglittlelois(f): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
luminouz:

luminouz:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Neighbour Doesnt Want To Date Anyone Because Of Me! / Guys, What Other Things Do You Want In A Relationship Aside Sex? / "Don't Have Sex For Free This 2018" - Lagos Runs Girl Advises Ladies (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.