Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. (3598 Views)

Tinubu Joking With Igbos, Exchanges Banters With Area Boys, Full Video Emerges / Peace Meeting With Igbos, Yorubas In Oshodi Organized By APC Leaders, MC Oluomo / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by oyoirabor: 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:
What kinda suggestion is this? Igbos, from one misstep to the other. Igbos should just forget about politics and face their spare parts business. Honest advice.

millipedes crawls out of their mulch and piles of dead leaves at the mention of igbos. They use igbo swear for una??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by mabea: 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Anything that sails your boat. Nigerians don’t have time for igbos again. We are now focused on Buhari and his Islamic horde. You can continue fighting an imaginary enemy. No time nwanne!
I think you are a tribalist. You are too young for it and you cant get the kind of Nigeria you so crave with it. If you like run overseas, as long as you dont have a large and broad heart you will be limited with some things. Pls dont see it as an attack.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Sprumbabafather: 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
horsepower101:

It will never get better that's the reason we should just get wealth from it before it finally sinks to the ground.

What's the point of us having political power in a shithole while no real development comes from it. My mission and so many others is to make money and rebuild the east with it, while other regions with political power have brown roofs everywhere.

Do you know that another way of getting the money we want is to align to the party in power, massage their ego and sing their praise even as we know they are terribly incompetent, they may provide us with the enabling environment we need to make wealth.?

Amala politics 101 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Lot13(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
horsepower101:
Op I disagree with your suggestion. You always want to live a life that your future generations will look back at and be very proud of.

Here is my take. Let's leave do or die politics for Nigerians. Let's not compromise our cultural principles just because of power.

Let's always stick to the right candidates regardless of the outcome.

Ask yourself this question, why is it that those with political power all these years are not developed. In fact many parts of Igbo land is developing. Let's never compromise our cultural principles for gutter politics.

Our time shine will come. Just be patient.
Can you honestly beat your chest to say the five governors in the SE are the right candidates for the job? For how long will you people keep lying to yourselves?

Anyway, Nigeria is moving on, with or without your support.

The earlier you decipher what I mean the better.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by 0monnak0da: 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Do you know that another way of getting the money we want is to align to the party in power, massage their ego and sing their praise even as we know they are terribly incompetent, they may provide us with the enabling environment we need to make wealth.?

Amala politics 101 grin
What have the Eboes been doing since 1960 if not AKPU POLITICS

Facts are stubborn

1 They went into coalition government with NPC in 1960 under the leadership of Azikiwe who was rewarded as ceremonial President and a partnerin a coalition government with the rght to select several Ministers from his party

2.They went into coalition government with NPC in 1965 under the leadership of Azikiwe who was rewarded as ceremonial President and a partnerin a coalition government with the rght to select several Ministers from his party

3 . They were big in NPN in 1979 (JUST 9 YEARS AFTER THE WAR) and produced the Vice President in 1979 . NPN did not have a majority in he Natonal Assembly and so again NPP Azikiwe's party entered alliance with NPN and was rewarded with the post of Speaker House of Representatives in Edwin Ume-Ezeoke

4. In 1983 again NPP Azikiwe's party entered alliance with NPN and was rewarded with the post of Speaker House of Representatives in Edwin Ume-Ezeoke by this time Ojuiku had been pardoned by President Shagari and he returneed and joined the NPN

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by oyoirabor: 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

I would oo. If you think I would engage an igbo man in an online slugfest again you must be mad. You igbos get a hard on when others hate on you but Nigerians are tired and we have moved on to tackling Buhari and his fulani Islamic extremists.

My point? Igbos have been condemned to history. You can keep hating[b] all Nigerians[/b] but that won’t remedy your situation in Nigeria. Only Biafra can help igbos. I advice igbos to go home and build the SE so they can have a place to call home when Biafra comes.

You are the hateful one and tribe and your bile of hate will consume you soon. keep running around like headless chicken and masturbating on igbo this is that. who your love epp.... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Sprumbabafather: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lot13:
Can you honestly beat your chest to say the five governors in the SE are the right candidates for the job? For how long will you people keep lying to yourselves?

Apart from the charlatan supported by afonjas in the last election because he is in APC, others are doing better than your governor.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by 0monnak0da: 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Confirmed Slaves of Fulani since 1960

1 They went into coalition government with NPC in 1960 under the leadership of Azikiwe who was rewarded as ceremonial President and a partnerin a coalition government with the rght to select several Ministers from his party

2.They went into coalition government with NPC in 1965 under the leadership of Azikiwe who was rewarded as ceremonial President and a partnerin a coalition government with the rght to select several Ministers from his party

3 . They were big in NPN in 1979 (JUST 9 YEARS AFTER THE WAR) and produced the Vice President in 1979 . NPN did not have a majority in he Natonal Assembly and so again NPP Azikiwe's party entered alliance with NPN and was rewarded with the post of Speaker House of Representatives in Edwin Ume-Ezeoke

4. In 1983 again NPP Azikiwe's party entered alliance with NPN and was rewarded with the post of Speaker House of Representatives in Edwin Ume-Ezeoke by this time Ojuiku had been pardoned by President Shagari and he returneed and joined the NPN
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by horsepower101: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Amala politics 101 grin

I see your point trust me but I think that continued economic diversification of the Igbo business man is the most important thing to do.

In that way, no matter what policy is passed, our people will benefit from it. Whether is trading, agro-prossesing, manufacturing, entertainment, real estate, health care and pharmaceutical, banking, auto etc etc.

In that way it will be very difficult for them to use policy to marginalize us without instantly crashing the economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Sprumbabafather: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
0monnak0da:

What have the Eboes been doing since 1960 if not AKPU POLITICS

Facts are stubborn

When will you finally grow some sense?

We are talking about your people voting for a worse candidate which increased killings and made everyone hopeless, and all you could do is pull out voting in good times? Can you compare the calamity you brought to power to those times?

Go and buy sense if you are not born with any.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by oyoirabor: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Me ke? Wetin concern me. My mind no even dey naija but I won’t just like it being turned into an Islamic hell hole.

As for igbo issue and hate, you would notice that Nigerians are tired already. The strength to keep hating is not there so people have shifted to something else. You can continue hating others sha if it makes you happy.

coward!!!..where are you running to? who will clean up the mess you and your gang of cowards spilled around.... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by resurgentxtian4: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
oyoirabor:

coward!!!..where are you running to? who will clean up the mess you and your gang of cowards spilled around.... grin

Na me create the mess? Let the children of the elite enjoy their Nigeria jareee.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by 0monnak0da: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

We are talking about your people voting for a worse candidate which increased killings and made everyone hopeless, and all you could do is pull out voting in good times? Can you compare the calamity you brought to power to those times?

That is your opinion which you cannot impose on me .
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by 7lives: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Oh you mean our people have no right to vote for their preferred candidates?.
Your people can vote who they like and even rig election for them, but my people MUST NOT be allowed such luxury.
Between my people and your people, who HAD been making the right decisions?
After almost 55 years of voting your preferred candidates, you are still wailing marginalization and us who are not voting the right candidates according to your observations are not wailing like you.
Don't you think you need to do brain examination?
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Lot13(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Fighting which Buharri which your lord and saviour, Tinubu just sold you to yesterday, you are owned grin
When does supporting Buhari starts being a crime

Buhari is the choice of majority of Yoruba people,,and its intact support base never at anytime regretted supporting him..

They have decided to support him again in 2019 which is their democratic right, and should not be hold against them by those willing to do otherwise.

Beauty of democracy at play,and we should all respect it.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Sprumbabafather: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
7lives:

Oh you mean our people have no right to vote for their preferred candidates?.
Your people can vote who they like and even rig election for them, but my people MUST NOT be allowed such luxury.
Between my people and your people, who HAD been making the right decisions?
After almost 55 years of voting your preferred candidates, you are still wailing marginalization and us who are not voting the right candidates according to your observations are not wailing like you.
Don't you think you need to do brain examination?

You seem to be deliberately forgetting the point? Voting for the Better candidate as against voting for anyone that will worsen things. That's the difference between we and you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Sprumbabafather: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lot13:
When does supporting Buhari starts being a crime

Buhari is the choice of majority of Yoruba people,,and its intact support base never at anytime regretted supporting him..

They have decided to support him again in 2019 which is their democratic right, and should not be hold against them by those willing to do otherwise.

Beauty of democracy at play,and we should all respect it.

Supporting Buharri started being a crime exactly the day his government cannot protect the lives of Nigerians and he started performing worse than Jonathan who was voted out.

And that's why I think we should all join you and make the same mistakes so that things can get worse? Is that not the beauty of democracy? grin

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Lot13(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
horsepower101:

Oh really. Read this Yoruba man complains. This will give you a hint

Just got Whatsapped this by a prominent young Yoruba traditional ruler.... (I say all non-Igbos are in same plight of our own doing as the Yorubas Kaabiyesi focuses on!)

Did the Igbos put guns on anybody's head before buying up Alaba, Ajegunle, isolo and Oshodi in Lagos?

Did they use juju before the Ibadan surrendered Iwo Road to them?

And what were we looking at before the Igbos took over Isida and Adeti in Ilesa?

Where were the YORUBAS when the Igbos thrived and built 90% of the Hotels at Abuja. Was there a law that excluded the YORUBAS from selling building materials? Dei Dei building materials market in Abuja is 90 % Igbo owned.

So the more we point one finger at the Igbos, the more we have the other four fingers pointing at our laziness and lack of initiative as a society.

The YORUBAS should have been better with all our education, but we may be worse that the Fulanis who just roam around the bush.

Why? Because we lack the entrepreneurship spirit. We just want salaries from doing 8am to 5pm job. We proceed in foolishness and we persist in hoping to reap plenty without showing hard. The Igbos are different, hence we are now jealous and envious.

We love wasteful parties and Aso Ebi. Just a little business without even making any profit yet, we usually call musicians to spay money like coffetti .

Where are all the Board Members of Ebenezer Obey today? Where is lawyer Omoyinmi and Lanre Badmus? Where is Oroki Social Club of Osogbo? Where is Felates of Ilesa and the likes whose trade mark was to bring Sunny Ade to Ilesa every Xmas, to waste all income gathered for the year?

The Yoruba society wasted their leading lights on excessive consumption and wasteful attitudes. We wasted our capital on frivolous social gatherings.

We took religion to ridicoulous levels, such that the wealthiest pastors and churches are now Yorubas. But all the wealth extracted by the churches from the Yoruba nation is also merely flaunted to show who's God is the most miraculous.

So we have become paupers and destitutes, as the Yoruba nation cannot now pay salaries. Pensions are owed for years.

Tell me, is Osun State filled with human beings or goats to have tolerated Aregbesola, when they rejected Akande. Say it loud, is the Constituted Authority of Ibadan sane to just bring about 21 Obas from nowhere to receive salaries, where there is no money to reopen Ladoja Akintola University?

Are the Ondos so wise to have allowed Mimiko to devastate their terrain as to be now saddled with 12 months salary arrears? What of Ekiti with rabble rousing Fayose and the intellectually arrogant Fayemi?

Even Lagos, there is nothing to write home about it, despite all the hype.

But the Igbos are hard workers. Let us not continue to deceive ourselves. 20 of their young boys can live in the shop from where they sell goods. There is no place too dirty or remote for them to hibernate and incubate their ideas. Give them 5 years, you will see them buy and take over all shops and lands.

True, some of them are criminals, but majority of the Igbo youths build and build physical structures away, while the YORUBAS are content with looking for salaried jobs, so that they can have siesta in the afternoons and then attend parties on Saturdays. Then spend Sundays in church wishing and praying for divine miracles.

How foolish, as the Igbo people are meeting and strategizing on Sunday, so that they can gather money and come and buy the houses and lands owned by our Yoruba fathers.

Whether we like it or not, Obokungbusi Town Hall will soon be on concessional PPP sale. The Igbos will buy it. The proceeds will be used to pay backlog of salaries owed to impoverished Ijeshas. It will come willy nilly.

It will happen even in a declared Oduduwa Republic. Afterall, the Chinese, the Lebanese and the South Africans are buying us out with reckless abandon. See how ShopRite is buying up everywhere. I heard that they bought Owena Motel estate in Akure. How come we did not sell it to the Igbos?

We shall continue to grumble and hate the Igbos until eternity. Unless we spy on them, copy their ways and imbibe their can do attitude.

The Yoruba nation and society have been pauperised and destituted. In desperation, we shall soon start to behave like the Almajiris' in the North.

In grinding poverty and out of jealousy, the Almajiris of the North regularly loot Igbo shops and businesses. Very soon Yoruba urchins will start looting too to show that they hate the Igbos.

Even some of us here will defend it to show our hatred for the Igbos. Whereas, the looting is as a result of hunger and uselessness of our society.

How sad for the Yoruba Nation. cry cry cry cry cry
It would be stupid of me to start arguing this trash with you, but I can assure you that Igbos don't have the much that would startled Yorubas, and I'm telling you this because I'm in a position to know.

We are very far ahead of the game you are playing.

The think tank Igbo group ( Aka Ikenga) knows better.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Lot13(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Supporting Buharri started being a crime exactly the day his government cannot protect the lives of Nigerians and he started performing worse than Jonathan who was voted out.

And that's why I think we should all join you and make the same mistakes so that things can get worse? Is that not the beauty of democracy? grin
We don't see voting Buhari as a mistake, and the reason we have chosen to do it again in 2019, and as for Igbos supporting him in 2019 for whatever reason adduced to it will be welcome.

Majority of Yorubas have chosen to support this president,and that should be respected.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Sprumbabafather: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lot13:
We don't see voting Buhari as a mistake, and the reason we have chosen to do it again in 2019, and as for Igbos supporting him in 2019 for whatever reason adduced to it will be welcome.

Majority of Yorubas have chosen to support this president,and that should be respected.

We respect your right to vote, just respect ours too. The consensus should be APC, so you can chill.

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by resurgentxtian4: 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lot13:

If you mean Muslim yorubas, then you are right. We Christians ain’t supporting him even if he’s running with Pastor Osinbajo who by the way is a slowspoke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by jimrog: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

U are free to make whatever decision u wish to make come 2019 for whatever reason u think u are making it, no one will crucify u for it. Yoruba can never line up and give block vote to any particular candidate (if that is what u want). We respect ppl's diverse opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Lot13(m): 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Yorubas would have withdrawn their support even for their son who perform abysmally like Jonathan did..

The wheel of progress is in motion in Nigeria, those who wish the country well knows this and are ready to democratically stop the disgruntled ones who are planning to slow or stop this motion altogether.

Join us to see what you cannot see from the angle you are... You are welcome.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Ok, good luck with controlling Nigeria. I wish igbos well in their new found mission.
Control, Dominate, Most this and Most that is their favorite words.

My brother Buhari is still d better candidate of all d candidates. Don't give up on him yet.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

If you mean Muslim yorubas, then you are right. We Christians ain’t supporting him even if he’s running with Pastor Osinbajo who by the way is a slowspoke.
I'm a Christian and he's gonna secure my vote.
Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by nku5: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
OP - Igbos are emotionally driven people and we have an almost insanely high level of loyalty. That's how God made us. It hasn't worked well for us politically because the British caged us into a country where people are generally like vultures without loyalty but God knows how to keep blessing us

When the military annulled MKO Abiola's election, brave Igbo sons like Obioha (Abacha revoked his bank's license), Olisa Agbakoba, Ndubuisi Kanu, Chima Ubani risked all and stood by him even though no Igbo son or daughter stood to gain anything.

Our support for Jonathan was attacked by our vulture like compatriots who felt we should have jumped on the APC bandwagon and betrayed him. Despite the fact that Jonathan did NOTHING for the SE and focused on appeasing the North and South West, Igbos stuck by him and history has been very kind to us in just 3 short years it is obvious we were right to support him for the greater good of everybody.

Abeg we are who we are ... Umu Chineke

5 Likes

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Lot13(m): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

You are not more a Christian than I am, and I'm not going to join you here to divide Yorubas on the basis of religion.

Like I've said, majority of Yorubas (Moslem/ Christian) sees hope in this president and are willing to support him.

And don't forget that you are not more a Christian than Osinbajo and his wife who are die hard supporter of this president.

Those who who are hoping to use this against us in the SW failed right from the day they thought about it.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by kernel505: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Anything that sails your boat. Nigerians don’t have time for igbos again. We are now focused on Buhari and his Islamic horde. You can continue fighting an imaginary enemy. No time nwanne!

While we're talking of economic emancipation, you're busy digging deep into who leads in Nigeria, that's why most part of Nigeria is ravaged with poverty. I'm yet to see how your politics has helped you except favorism which promotes mediocres.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by kernel505: 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Me ke? Wetin concern me. My mind no even dey naija but I won’t just like it being turned into an Islamic hell hole.

As for igbo issue and hate, you would notice that Nigerians are tired already. The strength to keep hating is not there so people have shifted to something else. You can continue hating others sha if it makes you happy.

''My mind no even dey naija but I won’t just like it being turned into an Islamic hell hole" ...Yet when others want out, you call them all sorts of names. I'm ashamed to have a set of people like you in same country with me.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by kernel505: 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lot13:

Nigeria is moving, no doubt to which direction? Tell me one thing Nigeria is doing better, a nation with all the negative indices.

3 Likes

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2018
kernel505:

''My mind no even dey naija but I won’t just like it being turned into an Islamic hell hole" ...Yet when others want out, you call them all sorts of names. I'm ashamed to have a set of people like you in same country with me.
resurgentxtian4 is not very good in the area of Logic

cc lzaa onyeoga

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Igbos Political Attitude In Nigeria. by horsepower101: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
kernel505:

Nigeria is moving, no doubt to which direction? Tell me one thing Nigeria is doing better, a nation with all the negative indices.

Well said.

Nigeria, a country of negative indices.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Can't South East Request For The 2023 Presidential Ticket From PDP? / The Concept Of Belonging To An 'Ethnic Group' Is UnAfrican. Discuss. / BREAKING: New Chief Of Staff Resigns Appointment, SCDDD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.