Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil (42113 Views)

Always Sanitary Pad Removes Feminine Logo To Accommodate Transgender Men / How Doctors Forgot Sanitary Pad Inside Of Me - Woman Delivered Of Twins / Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Dearlord(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
Disgusting.
I spit on our selfish leaders cone heads shocked
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by BiafraIShere(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
obainojazz:
Mehn, that part of Nigeria is just sad. Thank God I ain't a northerner. cry
Those guys are stuck in the 16th century, and sadly enough, there is no hope in sight at all. The best thing is to cut them off totally and merge them with their natural brothers in Niger grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by delzbaba(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
I'm just imagining what I just read
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by PrincessB1(f): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sand and ashes ?

What happened to the ancient practice of cutting clean vulva sizeable cloth piece for use during emmenia ?

I don gerit
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by BiafraIShere(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
linearity:

From the article, they use the sands and ashes rapped with cut clothing materials, which should be obviously clean or washed from previous use.

It appear that, the sand and ashes in-between serves as absorber as the clothing will be too tinny to hold off heavy floor.

Instead of sand or ashes, I think grounded charcoal which is readily available would be a better alternative as absorbers, because charcoal have lots of medicinal values.

Please stop regurgitating this disgusting piece of information, I'm already feeling nausea cry cry
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by futurism: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
obainojazz:
grin She should be the first suspect, they are doing themselves though.
she should be or she is a suspect? Na cos dem see oil money from South Na. The Day south says no more oil production from the region except renegotiation of their existence in Nigeria... Boko Haram will end. Trust me it will die a permanent death. Buhari has proven that they are the ones behind Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Holywizard: 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ikpu azu
shekauvsbuhari:
Amu nkita!!! Give this people a separate country already.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
amani63:
then provide choice for them before you quote me
Since you are so enlightened and immersed in the knowledge of technological advancement and civilization, you are more in a position to do so
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by carinmom(f): 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
obainojazz:

Its never about being a northerner or not, I'm a core northerner but have never heard about something like this. It's because of the insurgency and I guess you've read that.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Jflex07(m): 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Abokis disgust me
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Since you are so enlightened and immersed in the knowledge of technological advancement and civilization, you are more in a position to do so
no problem that's my purpose in life
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
amani63:
no problem that's my purpose in life
great....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Henon: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
If bad news doesn't come from North where else would it emanates from.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by SarkinYarki: 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
Buhari is steady returning Nigeria back to the cave man days and zombies are applauding him
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Guruboi(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
Onechancearmy:
angry angry angry

These people and stupidity. You are using several yards of fabric to cover your face, head and shoulders like a masquerade and yet you cannot conserve some of that material to use as sanitary pads which is more essential to personal hygiene and dignity as women.

Please go and bleat like goats to your MUDslime brethren. We Christians are dealing with real emergeñcies like the kidnap of our women by MUDSLIMES.

#freeleah

Common sense u no get... Goat!
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by obainojazz(m): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
carinmom:

Its never about being a northerner or not, I'm a core northerner but have never heard about something like this. It's because of the insurgency and I guess you've read that.
nah sis, lots of crazy stuff happen there. Since you use an Android phone and you login to nairaland, you probably one of the northerners that embraced science and technology...So you amongst the lucky few.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Yankee101: 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Their blood must get justice.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by obainojazz(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Those guys are stuck in the 16th century, and sadly enough, there is no hope in sight at all. The best thing is to cut them off totally and merge them with their natural brothers in Niger grin grin
The look more like they are from Niger than the real Nigeriens.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by obainojazz(m): 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
Amirullaha:

Not all northerner are sad...
I am from the north and I am happy, maybe more happier than those from other part of the country...
We have IDPs all in many states of the federation and such habits happens...
True, you look happy.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by freecocoa(f): 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
I hate Nigeria most times. Things like sanitary pads should be free and if not, atleast make it very affordable.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by buhariguy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
obainojazz:
that is what your ineffectual buffoon cause for sponsoring boko haram
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by buhariguy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Buhari is steady returning Nigeria back to the cave man days and zombies are applauding him
you see why I am always committed without season to always remember idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist group.
I don't know why my God created them.
So is buhari that cause what he inherited from PDP and idiotic pig of ineffectual buffoon
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by linearity: 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
BiafraIShere:

Please stop regurgitating this disgusting piece of information, I'm already feeling nausea cry cry

It might be ‘disgusting and nauseating’ to you, but it is a reality to many who unlike you, don’t have the means or alternatives.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by 28Toronto1: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
angry shocked

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by obainojazz(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
buhariguy:
that is what your ineffectual buffoon cause for sponsoring boko haram
See this terrorist, tongue The people sponsoring terrorism in the north are from the north.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Bede2u(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
Amu nkita!!! Give this people a separate country already.
That has been tried several times in the past...even recently during the Gideon okar coup wen he expelled them....but yoruba no gree. They want the fellow muslims in one nigeria
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by DreamSonInlaw(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
obainojazz:

The same North where some people live like Kings and Queens. If you say Muslims behave in some kaind of way I agree but if you think one part of North tell the who story...mba
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Bimpe29: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
OMG! Insurgency is deadly.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by delpee(f): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Her foundation can be of help. Northerners need to help each other more. The gap between the rich and poor is extremely wide up North. Unfortunately the Boko Haram insurgency and herdsmen crisis has only worsened matters.

I feel sorry for Northern women because they bear the brunt of the crisis. They're the ones who get kidnapped by terrorists most of the time. It's just so sad.
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by obainojazz(m): 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
DreamSonInlaw:

The same North where some people live like Kings and Queens. If you say Muslims behave in some kaind of way I agree but if you think one part of North tell the who story...mba
True.

1 Like

Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by SURElee(f): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
So how is the sand and ashes used? This kind story get as e be. The northern states are really suffering o!
Re: Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil by Rhea(f): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
MissEdified:
Founder of Complete Care and Aid Foundation, Hajiya Aisha Wakil, has revealed that Boko Haram insurgency has made sanitary pad unavailable to many women in troubled Borno State.

ThisDay reports that Wakil, popularly called Mama Boko Haram revealed that many women who are now victims of insurgency have resorted to using sand and ashes in place of sanitary pad during their monthly menstrual cycle.

http://newshelm.ng/women-in-borno-use-sand-ashes-in-place-of-sanitary-pad/

A classic example of double speak and hypocrisy. Hajiya Wakil aka Mama Boko Haram, who has on numerous occasions publicly referred to BH members as her children is now blaming her children for shortage of sanitary pads in Borno. cheesy cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Gives Birth On The Road While Going To Cast Her Vote In Port-Harcourt. Pics / Nigerian Man Cleans A Gutter That Has Been Uncleaned For 7 Years In 4 Hours / Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.