Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Lagos State Police Orders The Arrest Of A Police Officer Who Slapped A Lady - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos State Police Orders The Arrest Of A Police Officer Who Slapped A Lady (479 Views)

Man Slaps A Policeman Who Slapped Him In Warri. Policeman Then Fires Gun (Video) / Woman Who Slapped Policeman 13 Times Arrested In Oyo / Fidelity Bank’s Manager Orders The Beating Of Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Police Orders The Arrest Of A Police Officer Who Slapped A Lady by Daniel9ice(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2018

The Lagos State Police command has released a statement ordering the arrest of a Police officer, Inspector Lawal Murtala who slapped a lady during an altercation at Obalende, Lagos state.

The statement reads;

The attention of the Commissioner of Police Lagos State Command has been drawn to a posting in the social media alleging that a police inspector serving in Lagos State Command, slapped a young woman during an argument inside a commercial bus that commuted them from Obalende to Dopemu, along Agege Motor Road, Lagos.
In view of the above, the CP Lagos had directed the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Dopemu, CSP Mary Ayim to arrest the Inspector, get the facts of the case and transfer the matter to the Police Provost Department for further investigation.
The CP assured that the findings in this case would be made public as usual.

SP Chike Oti
Police Public Relations Officer,
Lagos State Police Command.

[img]https://i2.wp.com/www.yabaleftonline.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/lagos2-1.jpg?resize=640%2C800
[/img]

The victim of the assault, Bibi Anne was slapped by the police officer for videoing him after she accused him of oppressing the passengers inside a commercial bus.

She had taken to her IG page to share video evidence of the altercation, she wrote ;

Inspector Lawal Murtala of the Dopemu division Lagos, Nigeria, beat me up today just because i recorded him beating up an innocent man and was dragged to the police station. I was detained for hours, and the video forcefully deleted of which unknowing to them, i had already forwarded one successfully to my sister via WhatsApp. Then my phone was smashed and seized. Imagine going to report an assault by a policeman and i get detained instead saying a policeman can do whatever he likes and that videoing a policeman is an offence. The dpo , a woman was in full support of the policeman, ordered that i get detained saying i wanted to video to post and she will not let that happen. I was detained from 2pm till 7pm. This is INJUSTICE !!! ��
The police who should protect us are the ones victimising is and this should change. It is not just fair. We all should say no to police brutality.

Watch the video posted by the below;

https://instagram.com/p/Bg7KDvOD-w-/?utm_source=ig_embed&action=save

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE>>>

Ali Baba lashes man who criticised the lavish wedding of Dangote’s daughter
https://naijabreed.com/entertainment/ali-baba-lashes-man-criticised-lavish-wedding-dangotes-daughter/

Corps Member slays in her ‘bespoke’ NYSC Khaki (Photos)
https://naijabreed.com/gist/corps-member-slays-bespoke-nysc-khaki-photos/
Re: Lagos State Police Orders The Arrest Of A Police Officer Who Slapped A Lady by Pierohandsome: 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
His village ppl pushed him to slap one the side chics of the ogas them at the top, now see his life.

Re: Lagos State Police Orders The Arrest Of A Police Officer Who Slapped A Lady by nNEOo(m): 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
Guys coming he should be behind bar where he's being wiped with chains...

The only tym u should slap a lady should be during concensual sex!
. . .

(1) (Reply)

Woman Jailed For 'despicable' Fake Cancer Scam / Video of man Attempting To Rob Parents Outside School Is Shot Dead . / I Was Asked To Admit That I'm A Yahoo Boy After Being Tortured By SARS Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.