Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (87968 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by mercyp001(f): 3:33pm On May 18, 2018
scarplanet:

What has DAAD got to do with China!!
abi o bro.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by GraceM2017: 6:22pm On May 18, 2018
They may end up shortlisting you, it's better to have that kind of experience than a 2 mins chat which shows that they basically aren't interested in considering you. Or they end your interview with thanks for coming. Just be positive.. Cheers to your success.
Impactever:
MY EXPERIENCE AT UI YESTERDAY ( TUESDAY 15TH) (MSc UK)

MY OWN CASE WAS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS WITHIN THE SAME UI. (UI used 3 panels today)

From my own personal experience , the interview has no standard pathern .....you could be asked anything .......

below are my experience today at UI, IBADAN (Msc) .....

1. after i introduced myself .....immediately they learnt i was from the EAST ( IGBO ORIGIN) , they waited for like 2 mins and started murmoring to each other in Hausa language ....(All of the 5 persons that made up the panel were Hausas).

2. i was not asked a single question from my SOP ....they didnt even open it ....nor cared about it.

3. All the questions i was asked were deep, tough and technical (Civil engineering questions ) my 1st degree course .
( one of them is a Prof of Civil Engineering ) ....NOTE : THIS IS OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THE INTERVIEW....recall that from the invitation letter, we were only told to make a presentation of our Statement of Purpose .......This is very unfair to me .

4. i was asked up to 10 questions ......and my interview lasted up to 25min . ( while others were asked barely 2 questions from their SOP ...with a max interview duration of 4min)

5. I was asked several questions about my projecf work .....and when i explained the title and summary to them......they nullified it ...simply because it was not an oil and gas related project topic .....despite how best i tried to convince them ...that it was just an undergraduate project ..and must not be oil and gas related.

6. i was even given some tough and complex calculations to do (structural analysis of indeterminate structures.....and i was not even allowed to solve , i was told to produce the answer without solving ......which was practically impossible ......i told them the steps to solve it ....they nullified it...insisting i must produce the answer.

7. And one of them kept shouting "you dont even have any publication ".......( i didnt know when it became a compulsory for an undergraduate to have research publications)

8. And two others kept asking "what state are you from ".......

9. And while i was trying to tell them the impact of my proposed course of study in the UK to the Nigeria's Oil and Gas sector......one of them immediately instructed me to leave the room ....with his sqeezed face.

MY CONCLUSION : PTDF is dominated by the Northerners and they are BITTERLY BIASED .....they seems to appear harsh on some persons from a particular part of the country .

Using a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST to assess everyone would have been fair to all the applicants and not this Biased method of interview where some are barely asked 1 simple and funny question in PANEL (1) and some others in PANEL (2) OR (3) within the same Centre will be bombarded with very rigorous questions that is outside the context of the interview ... this is NOT a reliable and transparent method of selecting the Best. i believe all candidates should be given equal opportunities and assessment.

This is one of the major reason why Nigeria is a failed state..........NEPOTISM AND TRIBALISM .....

2 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Impactever(m): 8:11am On May 19, 2018
GraceM2017:
They may end up shortlisting you, it's better to have that kind of experience than a 2 mins chat which shows that they basically aren't interested in considering you. Or they end your interview with thanks for coming. Just be positive.. Cheers to your success.

Thank you so much .....i am beginning to see things from a positive perspective ....i will keep hope and faith alive, you just made my day .

3 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by DMainMan: 11:17pm On May 19, 2018
FINAL REPORT ON PTDF OVERSEAS 2018/2019 SCHOLARSHIP

PTDF has concluded the overseas interview, candidates who were shortlisted in all categories have four chances; France, China, Germany and the UK. Whether you have received email or not from PTDF, u all still have equal chances to be selected.

The first category; France/China/Germany results are ready.But to avoid one candidate winning both categories, the names have not been published yet. All things being equal, winners in all countries will be published probably around June after the UK selection process which is currently being scrutinized.

This year will have the highest ever number of Oversea Scholarship winners thanks to the Strategic Partners who are offering a tuition-free scholarship. [/b]Selection is based on the quota system which is the government constitution. Hence, you are competing with the candidate from your states and not the general populace. [b]So don't play the tribal card if u are not selected as tribalism as nothing to do with it. Your slot can only be awarded to your fellow state kinsmen. In addition, more slots of winners are given to Nigeria oil-producing states which is understandable.

For all winners in all categories, you will be required to sign a bond which signifies that you must come back to Nigeria after your studies. But PTDF might allow you to stay for a fixed period for work experience in your field after their approval as before work visa is granted, ur sponsor will be contacted. Overall, u will need to plan well and focus on your study and life after studies. U are also allowed to defer your scholarship within one year hence if working u can apply for ''study leave without pay'' for your job to be secured when u come back. For those who are not working yet, the degree will give u more opportunity for job not only in Nigeria but any where in the world. It will give u more chance of scholarship for the advancement of studies or for migration purpose if you don't get jobs when u come back as jobs are hard to come by.

You might be tempted when u are abroad to do abnormal things to feel among. But remember Nigeria especially your family or friends who are struggling. Better to help Nigerians rather than outsiders. Also, save money, so u can plan well and be in control in whatever choice when u come back to Nigeria for the advancement of your career. Congrats in advance to the overseas winners which will definitely be among nairalanders here as it is always. For those who wish to study in Nigeria (have applied for admission) or are currently studying in Nigeria, PTDF did not forget you. Local application will be out in June.

Good luck everyone. Bye. Current PTDF scholars are already making Nigeria proud abroad (see attached). Do better than them.

From DMainMan
PTDF Scholar
CEO DMainMan and Zeltney Enterprises/Consult,
https://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/
https://dmainmanconsult.com/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by iretex1(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2018
barrack04:
No, those who choose France hasn't been contacted. I got to know that from here that Germany and China have been contacted because of DAAD.

Since we all choose one University each from the 3 countries, should those of us that are yet to be contacted assume we're being considered for French school
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by abduljaleel128: 5:02pm On May 21, 2018
Please add me to the whatsapp group
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by abduljaleel128: 6:13pm On May 21, 2018
Please who has an idea the amount ptdf gives for Msc, in naira.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by abduljaleel128: 7:28pm On May 21, 2018
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by abduljaleel128: 7:38pm On May 21, 2018
Join the whatsapp group via this link
https:///1R3XWI5RbE1JcE19QkNb3F
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Impactever(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2018
abduljaleel128:
Join the whatsapp group via this link
https:///1R3XWI5RbE1JcE19QkNb3F

there is absolutely no need for creating any whatsapp group .......i think any vital info should be share here so that everyone including those that will be applying in the subsequent years to benefit from ....this tread was really helpful to most of us who applied this year......Thanks

6 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by DMainMan: 6:02pm On May 22, 2018
APPLY FOR 2018 AGIP OIL AND GAS LOCAL AND OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP FOR NIGERIANS

https://www.nairaland.com/4518666/apply-2018-agip-postgraduate-local

Application Deadline is 8th June, 2018.

The Computer Based Test for shortlisted candidates shall be conducted on 23rd June, 2018.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by MaroCruz(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2018
Impactever:

there is absolutely no need for creating any whatsapp group .......i think any vital info should be share here so that everyone including those that will be applying in the subsequent years to benefit from ....this tread was really helpful to most of us who applied this year......Thanks

Leave them, they come on Nairaland threads, gain valuable info then try to derail the thread by taking it to whatsapp. You benefited from the archives of past threads yet don't want others to benefit from present threads? Karma will sure catch up with them

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by iLUMeN8(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2018
DMainMan:
2018 PTDF SCHOLARSHIP CHINA/FRANCE/GERMANY- CHECK IF YOU HAVE BEEN SHORTLISTED

To check,

go to the website; http://ptdf.flexisaf.com

Insert your PIN and password

If unsuccessful, you will be told you are not successful.

If successful, you will be prompted to choose a suitable centre for your interview.

Both PhD and MSc have been shortlisted for interview. Congrats guys.

For those who didnt make it, not too worry. Focus on the UK scholarship and learn from the previous application that was rejected.

I have a question Sir....

I applied for the uk scholarship and I believe I met all the requirements to be selected and I am sure my SOP is okay but unfortunately, I was not selected...

I was told that my ssce was the problem as I did not have enough distinctions...is this true?could there be another reason or is it just that I am unlucky...

You response will be appreciated....thanks
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Maxmax2: 10:10pm On May 22, 2018
China applicants have been getting mail this evening. Go and check your mail. Congrats guys.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by DMainMan: 3:17am On May 23, 2018
iLUMeN8:

I applied for the uk scholarship and I believe I met all the requirements to be selected and I am sure my SOP is okay but unfortunately, I was not selected...

I was told that my ssce was the problem as I did not have enough distinctions...is this true?could there be another reason or is it just that I am unlucky...

Yes they used distinction in O level. Also those in oil and gas related courses were considered too.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by MaroCruz(m): 10:19am On May 23, 2018
iLUMeN8:

Walahi! I can bet it's random selection, people with 2 distinctions got selected, even people with 2:2.

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Vafrica: 11:37am On May 23, 2018
Hello Family,

I got a text message and an email from PTDF yesterday (PhD)

Dear Applicant,

Sequel to your application for the PTDF Strategic Partnership with China Universities, we wish to request the following documents from you as soon as possible...

Please, who else got the message?

2 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by insperyadyou: 1:07pm On May 23, 2018
iLUMeN8:

who told you, and where did they get their facts from
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by insperyadyou: 1:09pm On May 23, 2018
MaroCruz:

Walahi! I can bet it's random selection, people with 2 distinctions got selected, even people with 2:2.
you are very correct
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by MurphyG1(m): 1:12pm On May 23, 2018
insperyadyou:
you are very correct

I have 5 A1s yet i was not shortlisted. angry
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by insperyadyou: 1:16pm On May 23, 2018
MurphyG1:

you see. It then means only them knows the parametres for judgement
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by bb12008: 1:36pm On May 23, 2018
Maxmax2:
China applicants have been getting mail this evening. Go and check your mail. Congrats guys.
How did you know this?
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by motivationspika(m): 1:42pm On May 23, 2018
People are waiting for DMainMan to say something

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by bb12008: 2:11pm On May 23, 2018
Hi, is there anyone who applied for MSc Computer Technology in CUST in China who had been called and are u above 35. Only God knows how ptdf are selecting candidates because I am very sure that I had what it takes to be selected but yet to receive mail from ptdf.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by motivationspika(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2018
bb12008:
Hi, is there anyone who applied for MSc Computer Technology in CUST in China who had been called and are u above 35. Only God knows how ptdf are selecting candidates because I am very sure that I had what it takes to be selected but yet to receive mail from ptdf.
not to worry yet. More mails are still coming in.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by pricelessjosy: 2:31pm On May 23, 2018
did anyone who didnt include international passport number during application recieved the mail?
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by yakbauer: 2:51pm On May 23, 2018
Truth is I expected China to take a lot more than just 47 candidates, abi the list is coming in batches? anyways God knows best, congrats to those who got the mails
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Time2reign: 3:15pm On May 23, 2018
My Thought:

I don't think the number chosen corresponds with picking from each state. If not, the selection would have been an even number indicating that an equal figure or also have been chosen.

Scenario 1: Assuming all 47 were masters
47 candidates for China Scholarship would arouse the question of how many were chosen per state. 47 means at least only one person from each state was at least selected, remaining 11 selection that might have been distributed across other oil producing state. making the oil producing state produce at least 2. so it means that should the selection be on a merit state level, at least 1 person was chosen per state and a little more in the range 2-3 were chosen from an oil producing state.

Scenario 2: Assuming all 47 were a mix of PHD and masters
This would make you now ask the question: How many masters were chosen per state?.... if a candidate was at least chosen per state for masters, then the 11 PHD candidates remaining wont cut across the 36 states in Nigeria. and if it is the other way round, It means that 11 candidates for masters won't cut across all the states in Nigeria.

My point is:

1. The selection process is strictly known to the Selecting committee of PTDF
2. Don't think/be so sure you have all it takes to selected. Some more persons have a very higher and better qualification as you do.
3. I don't know if the numbers for this year is going to be that much
4. Should you be selected, Go and say thank you to the Almighty
5. If equal quota are to be given to all the 36 states (excluding the oil producing states), the number yet released now still don't add up to equal selection from each states taking China for example.... though there is still France and UK to make up for the numbers.
6. Looking at the selected numbers for Germany and China respectively, It means more state might have a particular country more than another.... cos the China doesn't tally with equal selection from each state, since the mail was to both masters and PHD and they are just 47. so how many out of the 47 were masters and PHD? and should the number be known, i bet it wont give an equal number for each state or better still, more state would have a shorter number of a category to another.
7. The respective countries in particular wont take only Nigerians, they would request for some numbers.... so that might align with the somewhat low numbers seen for now.

In Summary

Fellow aspiring colleagues, this selection is solely in Gods hand. forget your so called qualification and how good you are cos you might not know how better the next guy beside you is. Be open-minded and believe God for the best. Hoping you are one of those that would be selected for France and UK.

Please Note: This is just my thought i decided to share.

God bless us all and favor us

2 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by udores: 3:18pm On May 23, 2018
MurphyG1:

I think PTDF may have better things for you. Be patient.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by meetanwo(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2018
Please kindly carry some of us along. Do you mean 47 applicants have been so far contacted in respect of the PTDF Scholarship for Germany and China? I don't get it, kindly elaborate please

Time2reign:
My Thought:

I don't think the number chosen corresponds with picking from each state. If not, the selection would have been an even number indicating that an equal figure or also have been chosen.

Scenario 1: Assuming all 47 were masters
47 candidates for China Scholarship would arouse the question of how many were chosen per state. 47 means at least only one person from each state was at least selected, remaining 11 selection that might have been distributed across other oil producing state. making the oil producing state produce at least 2. so it means that should the selection be on a merit state level, at least 1 person was chosen per state and a little more in the range 2-3 were chosen from an oil producing state.

Scenario 2: Assuming all 47 were a mix of PHD and masters
This would make you now ask the question: How many masters were chosen per state?.... if a candidate was at least chosen per state for masters, then the 11 PHD candidates remaining wont cut across the 36 states in Nigeria. and if it is the other way round, It means that 11 candidates for masters won't cut across all the states in Nigeria.

My point is:

1. The selection process is strictly known to the Selecting committee of PTDF
2. Don't think/be so sure you have all it takes to selected. Some more persons have a very higher and better qualification as you do.
3. I don't know if the numbers for this year is going to be that much
4. Should you be selected, Go and say thank you to the Almighty
5. If equal quota are to be given to all the 36 states (excluding the oil producing states), the number yet released now still don't add up to equal selection from each states taking China for example.... though there is still France and UK to make up for the numbers.
6. Looking at the selected numbers for Germany and China respectively, It means more state might have a particular country more than another.... cos the China doesn't tally with equal selection from each state, since the mail was to both masters and PHD and they are just 47. so how many out of the 47 were masters and PHD? and should the number be known, i bet it wont give an equal number for each state or better still, more state would have a shorter number of a category to another.
7. The respective countries in particular wont take only Nigerians, they would request for some numbers.... so that might align with the somewhat low numbers seen for now.

In Summary

Fellow aspiring colleagues, this selection is solely in Gods hand. forget your so called qualification and how good you are cos you might not know how better the next guy beside you is. Be open-minded and believe God for the best. Hoping you are one of those that would be selected for France and UK.

Please Note: This is just my thought i decided to share.

God bless us all and favor us

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by mercyp001(f): 8:14pm On May 23, 2018
I'm beginning to believe what someone said here sometimes ago that one cannot get this PTDF Scholarship unless you have connection. Nothing like merit with the look of things now. na wa o.
NB: How you guys are getting d number,now it is 47. Abeg tell us ooooo.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by bb12008: 9:54pm On May 23, 2018
mercyp001:
I'm beginning to believe what someone said here sometimes ago that one cannot get this PTDF Scholarship unless you have connection. Nothing like merit with the look of things now. na wa o.
NB: How you guys are getting d number,now it is 47. Abeg tell us ooooo.
Honestly, who can query ptdf ? We can't.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools / (NECO GCE 2010 TIMETABLE ) and Online Registration get update here / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.