Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (20024 Views)

Was Judas Iscariot A Hero? / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Rayreezy: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
naijadriva:

.The Devil entered Judas. It could have been any other person but God's will ultimately will be done.
This your statement shows that God and the Devil work hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
DavidEsq:

U didn't cite any scripture to back ur opinion, neither did u controvert the scriptures I cited.

I rest my case

It's there in the Bible

Lucifer quites scriptures better than anyone

Smh
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
salvation101:
human mind is too small to understand God's ways. Besides, Jesus only died for 3days and within those days he went to the realms of death and secure eternal salvation for mankind. The Jesus i serve is resurrected and glorified.
Shove that rubbish into your ass.
It's a senseless propaganda
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
walls01:

u clearly dont understand. he would have just died when he was born as a sacrifies for all. he came with a mission his death is a victory that he completed it
What foolish sacrifice?
Why must there be a sacrifice?
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by stephleena(f): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

There you go again a clear contradiction!

Jesus the son of God was worried about his own death?

He raised lazsrus from the dead, he was the son of God the perfect Hod the omnipotent omnipresent and omniscience God and you say he was worried about death of his flesh?

He was worried about how dark and schemeing the heart of man was!!!

He saw that despite all he came to do was to show us with love that we should.love our fellow brothers and sisters the church instead of adopting this doctrine was trying to kill him!!!?

And he fulfilled by showing that despite having the poerr to end all life with a single word, despite having the poerr to booth out the sun with a single word he allow mankind murder his body beacusr like he said if one slaps you turn the other cheek

He wasn't he to die he came to show that the likes of adeboye , oyedepo, oyakihlomeh, etc are not the whole to paradise , it is in how you live each and every moment !
He came to show that you maybe the general.overaeer of the largest church on Earth but that doesn't gusrnstee you a place in paradise

He came to show that it's not by sitting in front in church or by being ordained Pope

But by how you think , speak and liv3 3ach moment of each day

Lord Jesus never had body guard even though people wanted to serve him to cautined them to be like.littlw children to live a simple life devoid of vanity

The church leaders had the plans , they knew the power of controlling people with religion.

Jesus never came to sit in any church , came to show the people.the way to salvation lies not in church attendance but by the manner of life you live !!

All the ost Cole.peole.att3nd church , but how do they live ?
Gej, osibanjo etc they are all high members of redeemed yet how do they live?

If Lord Jesus was here today you would.all crucify. Him for.soeakimg against adeboye, oyedepo, Mathew ashimolowo, oyakilomeh, oyadr , etc

You would.soon3r stone him tondeatbthan hear him say the pope.is wrong or adeboye is wrong

This is how Lucifer planned it.

And eveil the binle warms of this. When Lucifer tempted Lord Jesus to jump from the kijtain to prove he was the son of God what did he say?

If he was to die he might have as well have done same later, jump from a miuntain and still say he died for mankind

Or was having the murderous humans butcher him ansign of love?

Please the son of God was murdered innvold blood by the church under the influence of Lucifer as it is today ...

Why is it everywhere else in the binle where God the Father gives instructions it is always clear , to Jacob, Isaac, Joseph, Moses, Saul, 3tc God the Father says do this or do that, go there or sacrifice that

Why is it suddenly when his son, the ourest form of.love our Lord Jesus Christ came no one.heard instructions like.iill uim? Murder him?

Please spare me.
mtchew,I wouldn't blame u,but the honourable gent wasting His time on u..
Jesus, is our high priest.. he's the final sacrifice that all men should be drawn to the Father.. in Leviticus, and Deuteronomy, whenever a sin is commuted,the blood of a lamb is used as an atonement, it covers sins for a particular time..and according to the "law", it is done frequently, so that the sins won't reach to high heavens...but for his long,do we continue to sacrifice ram?? the final sacrifice, to " cover"not "murder", was Jesus Christ, who came in the order of melizedek(king+high priest), was to finally atone for the sins of men,in the sense that those sacrifices, are no longer needed, and draw us from the claws of laws to " grace"..that sacrifice, and not murder, still speaks for generation unborn.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by stephleena(f): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

I rest my case

It's there in the Bible

Smh
Jesus didn't cry,of abandonment.
rather, he cried because of the nature of his death,not because of the reason of his death.. mind u,he was in human form, he felt the pains of nails being driven into his palms, he felt the pains of thorns on his head..even we Christians today, sometimes after praying and all,we know God is at there, but we still have the feelings of dejection, rejection, that's the power of the"flesh "..
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Superman30(m): 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
crownedprinz:

Not really.... At some point in Time he didn't might not have believed that Jesus would resurrect..He didn't ultimately believe in Jesus else he wouldn't have traded him for gold.......After everything happened.and he realized Jesus was truly King..it dawn on him and His doom fell on him
is it not silver again?
Magomago scripture

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Superman30(m): 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
stephleena:

rather, he cried because of the nature of his death,not because of the reason of his death.. mind u,he was in human form, he felt the pains of nails being driven into his palms, he felt the pains of thorns on his head..even we Christians today, sometimes after praying and all,we know God is at there, but we still have the feelings of dejection, rejection, that's the power of the"flesh "..
so he is human like you then! Stop worshipping a human being.
Worship God instead

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
stephleena:

You typed alot of words but said nothing
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Superman30(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
stephleena:

Jesus, is our high priest.. he's the final sacrifice that all men should be drawn to the Father.. in Leviticus, and Deuteronomy, whenever a sin is commuted,the blood of a lamb is used as an atonement, it covers sins for a particular time..and according to the "law", it is done frequently, so that the sins won't reach to high heavens...but for his long,do we continue to sacrifice ram?? the final sacrifice, to " cover"not "murder", was Jesus Christ, who came in the order of melizedek(king+high priest), was to finally atone for the sins of men,in the sense that those sacrifices, are no longer needed, and draw us from the claws of laws to " grace"..that sacrifice, and not murder, still speaks for generation unborn.
so according to you guys in order for God to forgive you he has to sacrifice Himself! This is blasphemous

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
stephleena:

Look at your mouth and sacrifice..
Make sure when buhari is indicted for corruption you tender yourself to serve his sentence ..

Love the neighbor as thy self so if Lord Jesus could commit suicide there's no reason why you can't just call it a fancy name.like sacrificial death

Smh rubbish
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
OSUigbo:

Shove that rubbish into your ass.
It's a senseless propaganda
den u should stay away from threads like dis. Else u are just telling us u r jobless.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by stephleena(f): 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

You typed alot of words but said nothing
wise words, means nothing to a foolish ears.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by stephleena(f): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

Look at your mouth and sacrifice..
Make sure when buhari is indicted for corruption you tender yourself to serve his sentence ..

Love the neighbor as thy self so if Lord Jesus could commit suicide there's no reason why you can't just call it a fancy name.like sacrificial death

Smh rubbish
all I see, is a troubled soul..salvation is free it costs nothing.. get it today!!.. done with u.

Selah!!
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Superman30(m): 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
DavidEsq:

I love ur points. However, if u say Jesus was a seed of Eve, wldnt that mean dat Jesus was born in sin, in accordance with Romans 5:12? God forbid!
Revelation 12:1-6, tells of the woman who gave birth to a child. That child is Jesus Christ, but the woman is not Mary, because Revelation 1:1 tells us that John saw things (visions) that were to take place shortly (in the future) and Jesus Christ had already been born, died a had ascended back to heaven. The woman represented a figurative expression of God's arrangement of a heavenly government/kingdom which has Jesus Christ as it's ruler, as was foretold in Dan. 2:44 and Dan. 7:13-14.
just listen to urself ! God arranging a heavenly kingdom for Jesus and confused and sick you still claim they are one and the same person.
Sometimes I wonder who you see when you pray? Jesus or God!
Whereas Jesus worshipped God and taught how to worship God alone.
Judgment day will be so interesting
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by DavidEsq(m): 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Superman30:
just listen to urself ! God arranging a heavenly kingdom for Jesus and confused and sick you still claim they are one and the same person.
Sometimes I wonder who you see when you pray? Jesus or God!
Whereas Jesus worshipped God and taught how to worship God alone.
Judgment day will be so interesting
Holy bananas! I claimed that Jesus is God? U don kpom abi? Na dry leaf abi na weed u take ni? Pls show me wr I said so. Chai!
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by orunto27: 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
Judas is human Satan. Jesus Christ is Human Holy Spirit. God's Proto Type.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
salvation101:
den u should stay away from threads like dis. Else u are just telling us u r jobless.
Jobless?
So fuckìng what?
Are you not underemployed?
Please get fuckìng life.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by DavidEsq(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

I rest my case

It's there in the Bible

Smh
Wait o! Na u be that vampire wey dey play guitar dah year?
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
stephleena:

all I see, is a troubled soul..salvation is free it costs nothing.. get it today!!.. done with u.

Selah!!

Smh your case is irredeemable
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
stephleena:

wise words, means nothing to a foolish ears.

Now we are getting insultive

Please grow up
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by stephleena(f): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

Now we are getting insultive
Please grow up
not at all,big hommie..
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by stephleena(f): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

Smh your case is irredeemable
whatever rocks ur boat.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Weedfree: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
The truth is as the bible said the heart of man is desperately wicked Jesus ought not have even come from the beginning if not for the fall of man It is a known fact through history that man will not listen is disobedient and evil even after the fall of man if we have kept to God his ways his words and done his will Jesus sacrifice will have not been necessary yet we know what happened in the days if Noah we bear witness to the constant sins of the Israelites no matter the amount of correction or forgiveness they still betrayed God the prophets of God were killed all died terribly Isaiah Jeremiah so either way Jesus was bound to die as it was done before so it was done now Judas betrayed Jesus yes but so did the priests the people the whole nation betrayed him those who chose a murderer over him upon all he did for them feeding them healing them praying for them they betrayed him it was bound to happen even his disciples deserted him and Judas is a good name as Judah was one of Jacob sons and Jesus is from Judah so also Judas Iscariot as well
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Emmahunk(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
JimaeChinko:

Before I answer your Judas question. I would like to say that this is a very simple question but your darkened heart that seeks after every "enticing word" fails to grasp this because of your refusal to read the Word with the aid of the Holy Spirit. Thou Viper. You only ask this question to justify your unbelief. Read this below before I continue with your Judas question.

Let me start with 1 Corinthians1:18-31(Goodnews):

18. For the message about Christ's death on the Cross is nonsense to those who are being LOST; but for us who are being SAVED it is God's power.

19. The scripture says:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and set aside the understanding of the scholars."

20. So then, where does that leave the wise? or the scholars? or the skilful debaters of this world? God has shown that this world's wisdom is foolishness!.

21. For God in his wisdom made it IMPOSSIBLE for PEOPLE(All race) to know HIM by MEANS of THEIR OWN WISDOM. Instead, by means of the SO-CALLED "FOOLISH" Message we preach, God decided to save those WHO BELIEVE.

22. Jews want miracles for proof, and Greeks look for wisdom.

23. As for us, we proclaim the CRUCIFIED CHRIST, a MESSAGE that is OFFENSIVE to the JEWS and NONSENSE to the GENTILES.

24. but for those whom God has CALLED, both Jews and Gentiles, this MESSAGE is CHRIST, who is the POWER of GOD and the WISDOM of GOD.

Read the rest on your own up to verse 31 to understand the important lesson contained in there. Now back to your Judas Iscariot question on whether he was a Traitor or Hero? And how his name is totally avoided like a leperous case.

In my own opinion Judas was a Traitor. He was not destined to be but made himself one and in his "foolishness"(His exceeding greed/Covetousness for money) became a vehicle for use by Satan who too was foolish who thought as seen in Genesis 3:15 where an enmity(a demarcation was placed between the seed of Man and the seed of serpent) that His relentless attack at the Seed(Luke 1:35) would eventually shame and corrupt the message but Satan failed try as he may. He will never prevail. This is evident from different Bible verses I can quote starting with Genesis 3:15 up to verses in Revelations.

The intented effect of Satan's Wisdom(Foolishness) was turned to the glory of God in that it all became evidence for the Message which has seen many saved.

Satan still furious has not yet given up on propagating different false lies and teachings like the Book of Judas, the Islamist concept of Jesus not being the Son of God or even not crucified(They were not the first to say this. The Jews were the first to start this lie in Matthew 28:15).

We noticed first about Judas Iscariot that his name was formerly a very popular one given to children during his time but due to his betrayal. His name became avoided(HITLER comes to mind as an example of people whose evil deeds causes their names to be avoided by the next generation). We notice also that he was a Treasurer(the Keeper of Money for Jesus) and usually helped himself to it. He was a thief and a manipulative one at that(Notice how he acted like he had the sympathy for the poor in John 12:5-6 when all he wanted to do was help himself to that money). He played an active role in the apostolic ministry but missed the path.

He would have been forgiven if he had repented like Peter did but he felt there was no forgiveness for him which lead to him going the Suicide route. Although, Judas was one of the Original disciples but he was a disillusioned one who obviously thought that Jesus didn't exactly fulfil the Jews' desire which was that he was to be the one to overthrow the Roman Empire. Notice what he asked the Chief Priests in Matthew 26:14-15:
15. And asked, "WHAT WILL YOU GIVE ME if I betray Jesus to you? ". Money was not just the motivating factor for Judas because we notice that after the betrayal he realised that money was nothing compared to what he had done and used it in purchasing the field for his Suicide after the Chief Priests refused accepting the money back.

Judas was with Jesus all the time so he knew all of the sayings of Jesus about the one who would betray him but won't understand that he(whoever the betrayer will be) will do this in fulfillment of the scriptures which is the MESSAGE symbolized in the DEATH and RESURRECTION of our Lord Jesus Christ.A clear example of how the World's wisdom(foolishness) turned to the glory of God. See Isaiah55:6-9.

Judas like Peter after this incident realised these sayings but unlike Peter failed to repent but felt his sins were too hard to be forgiven and then took it out on himself by going down the Suicide route.

Thank you sir for your explanations.You just added to my little knowledge. However, I leave your judgemental mind to the all-knowing creator, whose resurrection and victory over death we today celebrate. From your wealth of knowledge, you are a man of God hence I can neither touch nor do you any harm. If my God said that I am beautifully and wonderfully made, that settles it so I am neither a viper nor is my heart dark. Have a blessed Easter sir.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by san316(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
HeyCorleone:

See your thoughtless comment. What else is history if not the words and actions of man? If a man like you once said Judas is a traitor, can't you offer a different view, or affirm his with solid argument? Instead of talking like a brainless simpleton.

Brainless? How brainy are you. You and the op are the brainless people here. How can you say Judas is a hero because he betrayed Jesus and made him die for your sins?

The fact that he betrayed Jesus makes him an evil person in history. It cannot be changed
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by ogbiwa: 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
Pls read Matthew 26:24 and understand. There was a plan in place for Jesus to die. The prince of this world (satan) was chosen to fulfill this plan by crucifying Jesus. Judas chose to betray his master simply because of his love for money not for anything else, his greedy cravings opened the door for the devil to possess him and use him to carry out his plan. Judas chose his actions himself he wasn't forced, just like any of the other disciples could also have. And his actions resulted in consequences. So how's he a hero?
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by crownedprinz(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Superman30:
is it not silver again?
Magomago scripture
Yes sir i stand corrected.....
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
Rayreezy:
This your statement shows that God and the Devil work hand in hand.

Light and darkness has nothing in common.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
OSUigbo:

What foolish sacrifice?
Why must there be a sacrifice?

Jesus left his throne to die on earth that is a big sacrifice it symbolises love. sacrifice is the biggest practical love and it pleases GOD
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by AlphaMajestic: 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Queenext:
He's an hero to me,without him,the benefits of the cross would not have been possible.

He acted his destined part perfectly well,I see no reason why he should be condemned.

If the claim of God knowing the beginning and the end,it means Judas was scripted to act that way,which he did well.

pple like u dey copy person name for exam...tufiakwa
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by abrahamadadhe(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
lonikit:

there is freewill sir. prophecy of death from God came to Hezekiah but he rejected it and so it was, same prophecy came to eli and he accepted it and so it was. God actually choosed Samson from the womb and yet he misbehaved and Hannah willingly offered Samuel and he abide in Gods temple till death. I believe in freewill sir.
I stand to be corrected.
From a rational point of view there's this problem of freewill and determinism... Religious assertion are not tenable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze / Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.