Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:10 PM

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (19909 Views)

Was Judas Iscariot A Hero? / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Oluwadamilola27: 12:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Even tho judas did not even betray Jesus,God will still use another person for his will and purpose to be fulfilled,if Judas didn't do it another person will do it
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by HeyCorleone(m): 1:21am On Apr 02, 2018
san316:

Brainless? How brainy are you. You and the op are the brainless people here. How can you say Judas is a hero because he betrayed Jesus and made him die for your sins?

The fact that he betrayed Jesus makes him an evil person in history. It cannot be changed

The thing with life is POV. Everyone views things from different perspectives. There is no absolute or Universal truth. Even Satan has sympathisers who feel God should not have sent him off that way, and they give very strong arguments to back it up.

Learn to open your mind and think for yourself.
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by lagoos: 3:44am On Apr 02, 2018
if Jesus could have surrender to the Romans alone the principle of atonement would not work. TO SHOW IT'S WORLDLY THE PRIESTS HAD TO LAY THEIR HANDS ON JESUS. WHAT BETTER WAY THAN TO BETRAY THEIR CALLING THAT'S WHY JUDAS WAS USED. JUDAS WAS A TOOL OF BETRAYAL
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by kingBenedict: 6:42am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmahunk:

Thanks for your compliments sir because it takes a bigger mumu raised to power 2 to reply a mumu post.
No one has the monopoly of rudeness you know.
Happy Easter and thanks for your time.
You are really asinine...
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2018
walls01:

Jesus left his throne to die on earth that is a big sacrifice it symbolises love. sacrifice is the biggest practical love and it pleases GOD
It seems your brain is paining you.
Sacrifice for what?
Sacrifice for who?
Sacrifice to who?

Who needed a blood sacrifice of an innocent man for appeasement?
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
OSUigbo:

It seems your brain is paining you.
Sacrifice for what?
Sacrifice for who?
Sacrifice to who?

Who needed a blood sacrifice of an innocent man for appeasement?

I Know ur brain is healthy but obviously u are unlearned when it comes to spiritual matters. go ask in your village why the traditional healers always ask for sacrifice and most importantly why do lion kill other animals for food instead of eating grass? u with healthy brain answer that.it is impossible for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, u need brain update to understand things of the spirit
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
walls01:

I Know ur brain is healthy but obviously u are unlearned when it comes to spiritual matters. go ask in your village why the traditional healers always ask for sacrifice and most importantly why do lion kill other animals for food instead of eating grass? u with healthy brain answer that.it is impossible for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, u need brain update to understand things of the spirit
See stupìd rant.
You should have asked me why is it important to eat food. Instead of asking why lions eat meat or why goat eat grass and a bear eats both...
The stupìd idea of blood sacrifice is a human thing that was indoctrinated into religion.
How foolish are you people?

If native Americans worship wolves, you call it savage.

If Africans worship their ancestors, you call it primitive.

But when you worship a guy that proclaimed himself to be God and turns water into win - who lived just 2000 years ago, you call it normal.
This people who FORCED this religion on you are they same people who enslaved, raped and killed your people.
But I'm not surprised. Slavery it's not a crime in the Bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
OSUigbo:

See stupìd rant.
You should have asked me why is it important to eat food. Instead of asking why lions eat meat or why goat eat grass and a bear eats both...
The stupìd idea of blood sacrifice is a human thing that was indoctrinated into religion.
How foolish are you people?

If native Americans worship wolves, you call it savage.

If Africans worship their ancestors, you call it primitive.

But when you worship a guy that proclaimed himself to be God and turns water into win - who lived just 2000 years ago, you call it normal.
This people who FORCED this religion on you are they same people who enslaved, raped and killed your people.
But I'm not surprised. Slavery it's not a crime in the Bible.

am surprised when people say Christianity was forced on us. if so why did every african person not a christian. christianity is free will and what u dont know is that. different religion know the spiritual strength of the other but unlike u standing in the dark. ask shango worshippers who is jesus
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
walls01:

am surprised when people say Christianity was forced on us. if so why did every african person not a christian. christianity is free will and what u dont know is that. different religion know the spiritual strength of the other but unlike u standing in the dark. ask shango worshippers who is jesus
Stop arguing senselessly.
How is it possible for all Africans to be slaves (Christians)?
The Europeans were fiercely resisted but they overpowered the Africans with their technology.
When you are oppressed and hungry, you tend to bow to pressure.
The Ethiopians fought and retreated but they never surrendered. That's why they are the only country in Africa today that wasn't colonized.

Christianity was forced on most Africans.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
OSUigbo:

Stop arguing senselessly.
How is it possible for all Africans to be slaves (Christians)?
The Europeans were fiercely resisted but they overpowered the Africans with their technology.
When are oppressed and hungry, you tend to bow to pressure.
The Ethiopians fougth and retreated but they never surrendered. That's why they are the only country in Africa today that wasn't colonized.

Christianity was forced on most Africans.

u obviously are naive, in fact ur. own mind have misled ur reasoning. your colonial masters are different from missionaries. Christianity is not even the religion of the colonial masters. anyway your level of thinking is limited by ur belief
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
walls01:

u obviously are naive, in fact ur. own mind have misled ur reasoning. your colonial masters are different from missionaries. Christianity is not even the religion of the colonial masters. anyway your level of thinking is limited by ur belief
You see how shallow and ignorant you are. You're just disgracing yourself publicly.
So the so called missionaries and the Colonial Masters came differently? Lol Ọ́dẹ́
Check the history.
They all came the same time and even in the same ships. It was a trick. A good conspiracy.
They preach the Bible to you while their soldiers steal your treasures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
OSUigbo:

You see how shallow and ignorant you are. You're just disgracing yourself publicly.
So the so called missionaries and the Colonial Masters came differently? Lol Ọ́dẹ́
Check the history.
They all came the same time and even in the same ships. It was a trick. A good conspiracy.
They preach the Bible to you while their soldiers steal your treasures.

history my foot, writing from ur own belief. i guess the colonial masters brought all other religions. missionaries and soldiers on the same ship, lol
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
walls01:

history my foot, writing from ur own belief. i guess the colonial masters brought all other religions. missionaries and soldiers on the same ship, lol
You can't make progress in life with this stupìd ignorant mentality. Just grow up. OLODO
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by franchuks(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrBible:
What if an ancient gospel was rediscovered that offered a radically different perspective on a man that history has painted as the ultimate villain? What if this account turned Jesus' betrayal on its head, and in it the villain became a hero? National Geographic provides exclusive access to the documents and evidence that traces the incredible story of what has happened to the Gospel of Judas since it was found. Combining dramatic recreations and insightful analysis by the world's foremost experts, they ask and answer the question: Is the Gospel of Judas real?

Interesting read/expose..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77htOLSBiY
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
OSUigbo:

You can't make progress in life with this stupìd ignorant mentality. Just grow up. OLODO

congratulation on your progress, but remember one day you go to ur maker. peace
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by OSUigbo: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
walls01:

congratulation on your progress, but remember one day you go to ur maker. peace

You're misunderstanding everything. The joke is on you.
To burst your bubble, I AM NOT AN ATHEIST!
I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IN CHRISTIAN god.
walls01
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by walls01: 4:29am On Apr 03, 2018
OSUigbo:

You're misunderstanding everything. The joke is on you. To burst your bubble, I AM NOT AN ATHEIST! I JUST BELIEVE IN CHRISTIAN god.
hahaha! good one

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by orisa37: 5:20am On Apr 03, 2018
Judas is a Traitor in Righteousness but a Hero in Selfishness !!!
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 20, 2018
stephleena:

all I see, is a troubled soul..salvation is free it costs nothing.. get it today!!.. done with u.

Selah!!

Hi Steph,

My ex had your eyes, gosh those eyes made me very happy when i looked at them. I spy your profile many times to just look at your pic and smile eahc them i check em out. When i spotted the same feature with your mum, it even made me the more gleeful. Please nau babe, bring back the DP. or give me your facebook id so i can always stare at them at will
Re: Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
Emmahunk:
As we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, Christians all over the World are joyous because without His resurrection, our faith would have been in vain.
It is also pertinent to know that without the betrayal of Christ by one of the disciples, Judas, Christ would not have been killed and the resurrection would not have taken place. This automatically means that the SCRIPTURES would not have been fulfilled.
I think it is reaching to claim that without "Judas", scripture would not have been fulfilled. I mean the prophets never mentioned the betrayer by name, and they never did fill us in on his background either, leaving that place open for anyone who would fit. Just that Judas happened to be it is all.
Emmahunk:
As crazy as it sounds, I have been wondering why the name of someone who played this vital role is today synonymous with leprosy.
Judas' name is synonymus with "leprosy"? How? undecided
Emmahunk:
It's so bad that you hardly find people answering the name Judas.
Also, you do know there were two men named "Judas" among the disciples of Jesus Christ.
Emmahunk:
Why is this the case? What do you really think is the reason for this?
Please men of God in the house, help me with answers.
Should Judas be seen truly as a traitor or hero? Or both?
Judas was a man who made the choice to betray His master, even after 3 long years of witnessing all the good and wonders He did. There are men like that everywhere in today's world. We do not debate whether they are heroes of traitors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dances With Church Members At A Music Concert(pics,video / Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.