Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (81628 Views)

‘Queen Firdaus Of Iwoland’, Oluwo Unveils New Wife (Pictures) / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Dressed Casually To An Official Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by hammer6F: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2018
THIS IS HOW YORUBA LEADERS WHERE SUPPOSE TO BE LOOKING BY NOW, IF THE BRITISH HAD STAYED AWAY FOR THE NORTH TO COMPLETE THEIR TERRITORIAL EXPANSION.

HAUSAFULANI WERE ALMOST NEARING LAGOS TO WASH THEIR SWORD IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.

KWARA WAS GONE, OYO WAS GONE, NORTHERN OGUN WAS GONE AND THEY WERE FAST APPROACHING LAGOS.

THE WHOLE SOUTH WEST NOT JUST KWARA WOULD HAVE HAD HAUSAFULANI EMIR.

THEY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A YORUBA EMIR SEF, UNLESS HIS FATHER IS HAUSAFULANI.

EITHER WAY CONGRATULATION HRH, MAY YOUR REIGN BE LONG.

AT LEAST NOW, THE OBA THAT DISRESPECTED YOU WILL TREAD CAREFULLY, NOT TO INVOKE THE WRATH OF OTHER EMIRS IN THE NORTH.

cc ngozi123, amarabae, afam4eva, point b fratermathy, efewestern fellow Biafrans

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by 0monnak0da: 11:48am On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

You have a comprehension problem.
read the post again and my last sentence in the post!

You are not being logical What is the connection between the two ideas?

What evidence is there that objectors are Chrstian?

What has Arabic got to do with Iwo

11 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by 0monnak0da: 11:49am On Apr 01, 2018
Why not Shah or Raj or Igwe or King or Eze

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by hammer6F: 11:54am On Apr 01, 2018
0monnak0da:
Why not Shah or Raj or Igwe or King or Eze

PLEASE, REMOVE US OUT OF YOUR PROBLEM.

I KNOW U ARE OBSESSED WITH US, BUT NOTE THAT THE FEELING IS NOT MUTUAL.

WE ARE FINE ON OUR OWN.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by 0monnak0da: 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
If you do not get a response likely because you are an idiot

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by 0monnak0da: 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
It hit the news yesterday as the Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi no longer wants to be addressed as Oba but as Emir of Iwo land.

To buttress his statement he has released a picture of himself dressed up as an Emir (a northern traditional title) while sitting on the throne.

Here is the link were he denounced the title of Oba and accepted to be called Emir

https://www.nairaland.com/4428610/oluwo-iwo-akanbi-becomes-emir

What do you think?

What is the source of this picture

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by EmmySparky(m): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway!
religion fanatic spotted...u must be a native of islamabad

21 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
The Iwonians have bought market grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Firgemachar: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Is this man a bastard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
The yoruba so called "obas" are all imposters.
The word Oba is actually the title of the emperor of the Benin empire. (The title in full is: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.)
Due to politics, the title was copied by the ooni of ife in the colonial era and soon after all yoruba chiefs and fake chiefs copied it.
The fact that some yoruba chiefs are now claiming emir and trying to dress like emirs is actually totally in line with yoruba trends of borrowing culture from others. What you should know is that soon the yoruba will claim to have thought that culture to the north and the arabs.
Soon the king of saudi arabia will be discovered to be a migrant from ile ife.
Yoruba function in cycles.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by AK481(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Alimi vs afonja season 2 loading.

Ndi ala.

15 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by doctuw(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
If a Christian should one day ascend that throne, what would be his title?
a Christian cannot be a king in Iwo.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Billionboi: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clinton9000:
That's Afonjas for you...they are neither here nor there
right from creation

14 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by elbaraj001(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:
this ur contemptuous disdain on Christians will kill you on time..... rubbish...

6 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by bionixs: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clinton9000:
hahaha

5 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LyfeJennings(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
This guy should be dethroned. I support every move towards his dethronement. Unfortunately, he is the Oba of blind and poverty stricken people. Iwo is a dead land and they have nothing there. A little over half of the people there live below 1 American dollars a day so they can't do anythjng..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by gurunlocker: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

He asked a simple question and you answered him, why will you generalize by saying "Christians are too ignorant"?

Do you know everything?

22 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by jrusky(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
What did you expect when a town decided to crown no home training, misguided and Yahoo boy as their king

The Oracle that picked him to inherit his father's throne was drunk when he was chosen. I know this guy will mess up.

Good for Ede a fool will always behave like a fool. How earth will you now dumped your fore father lineage and embraced aboki idea if not a fool.

What a shame on Ede people. Systematically importing aboki authority over your forefathers land this guy is a clown. Pls who chose this boy among his father house to be a king? What a disgrace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
This is happening faster than expected.

18 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by iamtardey: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
the elders of that community must be sh*t...shame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clinton9000:

For the first time I have to agree that the Afonja theory makes some sense...
The guy has chopped some serious Alpha jazz , but nothing surprises me anymore since even Tinubu the no 1 Yoruba man bowed down to Buhari undecided grin

19 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clinton9000:
my brother as in ehn! The thing taya me sef undecided

14 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Ttipsy(f): 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
I know Igbo kings can't be this mischievous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
This man just renounced his ppl n sold their entire kingdom grin ...afonjas*spits* worse of it all, de real emirs will still treat him as a kafir n a slave!

11 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Toosure70: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
it's finish.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by GworoChewinMaga: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:
The yoruba so called "obas" are all imposters.

Soon the king of saudi arabia will be discovered to be a migrant from ile ife.
Yoruba function in cycles.

You sabi these vipers very well

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
sisisioge:

May the gods guard the glory of the kingdom.

The Gods have already abandoned that accursed palace the same day this monkey relocated the idol of the Orisa outside the compound.

8 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by adecz: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
grin

The Fulani herdsmen have conquered & triumphed in
Yoruba land!!! grin grin

Next,,,,,, an Obi or Eze must also become an Emir.. grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ajepako(f): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
ruggedized1:
Repetition of Ilorin saga. Where's Ekoile aka Deomelo when you need him to defend his osun village?

He's too busy trying to school me in Yoruba and Lagos history ...

With his googled answers.....

Despite the fact that he couldn't write a single word in Yoruba

I never had as much fun and laughter mopping the floor with him....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Obeysco: 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
This man is proving to be a bastard, trace his history he must be a fulani descendant. Na so e de take start o, just as the case of Ilorin. A quick action is needed to be taken by the entire Yorubas, or else......

8 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Awoo88: 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:
do you know the Hebrew word for king ?? you are ignorant too.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Ngokafor(f): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
This is disturbing angry..i dont even know what to type.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.