Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (61179 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:
What I don't understand is how they got access to the OP's account via his BVN. Someone should please explain

I know there is a code you would type on your phone...and your BVN would appear. OP lost his phone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by mkoabiola: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Almost 400k of worth d stress ooo

2 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by austinereds(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
this is awesome but the stress you went through was crazy. that bank self. you did well op.
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by davit: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
Tnx for Sharing this
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by san316(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
Op you are a hero. Thumbs up.

But what happened to the thief. Can't they expose him/her and send sars after him?

No crime should go unpunished.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by okonja(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
jeron1:
Dec 16th, 2017. A day I can NEVER forget hurriedly in my life. I calculated and gave them d figure, Three Hundred and Ninety Nine thousand, Four hundred and sixty Naira was missing (399,460).

I called my bank through the Number written on the back of the ATM card and they verified the transaction, I was a Victim of Sim card BVN fraud, first ever of Its kind in Nigeria .

Lastly, I called them from the bank and told. Them that was the last time I was going to talk to them in the issue that I will get a lawyer, told the Lady that picked the call to tell the management about my development, I actually got a lawyer but before the lawyer could write, I received my money back on Thursday hot afternoon via an alert...

Lol...nice write op, but you ain't the first victim...My uncle experienced same thing with Diamond bank in 2015, N689,000 was wiped from his account and he got no alert as well...BUT the agent that did the sim swap for the fraudster said he suspected the person that came for the sim swap, he had to call the secondary number on file to confirm if was the one that came for the swap and that was how inform my uncle.

What we just did was sent a mail to Diamond bank and copy MTN, with a visit to closest Diamond bank branch. After 3 days without any action, a lawyer was involved, and on the 7th day the money was wiped, Diamond bank refunded the total money without much ado.

So, you ought to have involved lawyer right from onset...those bankers are rogue. most theft is never committed without their consent.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by amicable09(f): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
cityofindustry:
Why did he have to go through this stress, in the US, you will be credited within 24 to 48 hrs .

It's called chargeback
This is not the chargeback you know. It is clearly a case of fraud and needed longer than 24 hrs to resolve. Investigations needed to be done seeing that the fraudster maintains an account with a different bank.

5 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by ruggedtimi(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by Ishilove: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

I know there is a code you would type on your phone...and your BVN would appear. OP lost his phone.
Oh dear... wow.
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by olahero(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thank God for you.
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by obajoey(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
nice one. Orange bank get ready
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by fleps(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:
What I don't understand is how they got access to the OP's account via his BVN. Someone should please explain

That is the latest fraud in town. I watched it once on TVC. They steal your phone, and then try to discover which of the numbers (if double sim) is connected to your account by trying to buy credit via *904# (MTN CREDIT) that will bring out all the banks account associated with that number. From there they carry on. They might also want to check if your saved your BVN as a phone number.

15 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by BabatCargo(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Majority of the banks are good at wasting people's time uneccessarily

2 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by sinaj(f): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
Op you really a strong person
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by haibe(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2018

8 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by amicable09(f): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

*565*0#
Has to be with the number you registered your bvn with though.

T&C apply cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by Coldfeets: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
This life sef.

The money some people are willing to kill themselves and even develop High BP over it...

Is the same amount some people use to pay for just one night in a hotel.

Wetin me ma dey yarn sef?

Anyway sha, who know go know...

1 Like

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by SyberKate(f): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
angry
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by megafaraday(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Curious too. Someone should pls explain
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by fleps(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

That is the latest fraud in town. I watched it once on TVC. They steal your phone, and then try to discover which of the numbers (if double sim) is connected to your account by trying to buy credit via *904# (MTN CREDIT) that will bring out all the bank account associated with that number. From there they carry on. They might also want to check if your saved your BVN as a phone number. And there is a code to check too.

So once they get all your bank account and your BVN, the work is finished.

1 Like

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by eleojo23: 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
fleps:

That is the latest fraud in town. I watched it once on TVC. They steal your phone, and then try to discover which of the numbers (if double sim) is connected to your account by trying to buy credit via *904# (MTN CREDIT) that will bring out all the banks account associated with that number. From there they carry on. They might also want to check if your saved your BVN as a phone number.

But how can they complete the transaction with just the BvN?
Don't they need a PIn or Token?

Because if you change certain numbers in your own BVN, it becomes another person's own, so BVN isn't so hard to generate.

9 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by nkhay(f): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
Following...
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by haibe(m): 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
fleps:

I

2 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by Coldfeets: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
fleps:

That is the latest fraud in town. I watched it once on TVC. They steal your phone, and then try to discover which of the numbers (if double sim) is connected to your account by trying to buy credit via *904# (MTN CREDIT) that will bring out all the bank account associated with that number. From there they carry on. They might also want to check if your saved your BVN as a phone number. And there is a code to check too.

So once they get all your bank account and your BVN, the work is finished.

You still didn't explain anything.

How can you take my money by just knowing my bank account?

You be winch abi wetin?

How can you clone my ATM card if you never see the card at all?

Assuming say you no hol' my GTB token, tell me how the money wan take comot from my akant?

12 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by mixter(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thanks for the info. It's an eye opener I must admit.
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by haibe(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
fleps:

Is it possible to commit fraud by having BVN alone? Bvn in itself is very easy to generate. I'm not sure how fraud can occur because someone knows your BVN. I can generate 10000 BVNs now if i want to. It's as easy as generating MTN numbers.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by ikorodureporta: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
Na how to stop Glo from stealing my money i dey plan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by spako4(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thanks for this information
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by Prince202020(m): 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

They have his phone with the bank registered SIM card (number)and probably with the bank mobile apps installed in the phone, every other thing na Jara mostly if na UBA
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by Cruz889(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Had similar experience
Re: Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back by ALAYORMII: 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
WARRI AGAIN!!!!

*A man caught a thief at night in his kitchen at Ugborikoko area of Warri. Just when the man was going to raise the alarm,the thief said:"Do you remember what I said in the Bible? I said, "I will come like a thief in the night". "I have come again. Blessed are you among men, that you have stayed awake as I told you." Then the man looked at the thief, smiled and replied, "Sir, you have fallen into the hands of Pontius Pilate again!"* I will nail u tonight!!! The thief fainted. Happy Easter
������
������

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UBA Security Guard Returns N3m He Found On The Ground. Tony Elumelu Honours Him / Bolu Akin-Olugbade's Rolls Royce Used For Decoration At His Service Of Songs / We Are Investigating MMM Ponzi Scheme — EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.