Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style (37040 Views)

Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife / To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by ZeOptimist(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
HamzaAbdullahi8:
This is a move in the right direction,a welcome development.
In your dreams. Welcome development my foot. As if Iwo is part of the fulani emirates. That Oba should be called to order.

3 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by TheKingIsHere: 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
Allee90:
Yoruba Muslims and Hausa Fulanis are one strong bondage beyond everyone's comprehension. We Hausa Fulanis are proud to associate with our Muslim brothers

Muslim brothers or muslim slaves? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by AreaFada2: 11:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
NoRetreat:

possibly,he has collected or about to collect money from one or two Islamic country in the name of propagating Islam!

You sabi think.

Northern leaders are also part of it. They may soon invite him to join Emirs Council up North. He already admires them and say how united they are. Not being conversant with history, he has forgotten that most Northern Emirs are related. Aside Shehu of Borno and a few others.

Ancestors of those emirs were relatives or warriors of Dan Fodio. A mere 200 years ago. All well-documented as even Dan Fodio was literate and wrote many books & tracts.

Whereas the story of Yoruba Obas descending from Oduduwa is more shrouded in myths. With several obas claiming supremacy, including Oyo, Ife, Ugbo and even this Iwo guy. Because it wasn't documented as it happened very long ago. Everybody now claims Oduduwa as father. Politically good to unite Yoruba people but clearly flawed as the bickering now shows.

Whereas in the North the Sultan of Sokoto has undisputed supremacy, even extending to all Nigerian Muslims including Alafin of Oyo & Oba of Lagos. At least in religious terms.

Soon, considering the influence of the North on FG irrespective of whether Christian or Muslim president, some Iwo sons & daughters may soon be getting plum FG jobs/positions just to compensate the new emirate. This may entice other Yoruba Obas to follow the example of Oluwo. Seeing it as a way of benefiting from FG.

6 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by salford1: 11:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by salford1: 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, How can you win a battle when you don't know your enemy?

Well the problem is, this thing that you are seeing now have been in their agenda since decay.

I even see one Muslim on nairaland today that claim iwo is 98% Muslim, imaging that lie?

I guess he never step foot in Iwo before.

I pray they should come back to there senses before it too late.
Are you from Iwo?

I have always heard about Iwo having a largely majority muslim population right from my days in OAU in the early 2000. Is this true?

Infact the teblik muslims back in ife were always going to iwo for several meetings and retreats.

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by resurgentxtian4: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

This is a serious issue.

Even though am not yoruba, I cant imagine my traditional king (Ovie) who supposed to uphold every thing that concerns our tradition now calling himself Emir and dressing like a northerner. Na to kill am be that.

This is a sign that there is an undercover plot against yorubas by the northerners.

cry cry

This is my exact message to Christians in yorubaland. We need to wake up and smell the coffee. No Muslim means well for you...

3 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
salford1:

Are you from Iwo?

I have always heard about Iwo having a largely majority muslim population right from my days in OAU in the early 2000. Is this true?

Infact the teblik muslims back in ife were always going to iwo for several meetings and retreats.

No but am from Oyo town and i use to visit iwo.

Yes Muslim are majority in Iwo but that does not give them the ordersity of forcing there religion into the land tradition and culture.

Maybe oba ogbomosho too should change his own title too to Hebrew name since ogbomosho is a Christian majority town.

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

So what can we do about it?

The most painful part is that Adeboye is not saying anything about the situation Christians have found themselves while Oyedepo is very vocal and keeps preaching and cursing the forces of islamisation. This is a very painful indictment of the RCCG.

what can we do than to be watching and praying?
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by resurgentxtian4: 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

what can we do than to be watching and praying?

Watching and praying? Is that not what got us here in the first place?
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Roadmike(m): 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
That is the effect of Arabisation. His lost his sense of history.

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by TheKingIsHere: 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
AreaFada2:

You sabi think.

Northern leaders are also part of it. They may soon invite him to join Emirs Council up North. He already admires them and say how united they are. Not being conversant with history, he has forgotten that most Northern Emirs are related. Aside Shehu of Borno and a few others.

Ancestors of those emirs were relatives or warriors of Dan Fodio. A mere 200 years ago. All well-documented as even Dan Fodio was literate and wrote many books & tracts.

Whereas the story of Yoruba Obas descending from Oduduwa is more shrouded in myths. With several obas claiming supremacy, including Oyo, Ife, Ugbo and even this Iwo guy. Because it wasn't documented as it happened very long ago. Everybody now claims Oduduwa as father. Politically good to unite Yoruba people but clearly flawed as the bickering now shows.

Whereas in the North the Sultan of Sokoto has undisputed supremacy, even extending to all Nigerian Muslims including Alafin of Oyo & Oba of Lagos. At least in religious terms.

Soon, considering the influence of the North on FG irrespective of whether Christian or Muslim president, some Iwo sons may soon be getting plum FG jobs/positions just to compensate the new emirate. This may entice other Yoruba Obas to follow the example of Oluwo. Seeing it as a way of benefiting from FG.

Hmmmm.

Very valid points you raised.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by TheKingIsHere: 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
This is dangerous o.

Yorubas should wake up before they loose their heritage to the fulanis.

They should also stop all these stupiid blind support for that terrorist fulani called Buhari.

A word is enough for the wise. This is just the beginning

5 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Adebowale89(m): 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
posts here shows babies plenty among Igbo nairaland

the Iwo indigene ain't crying more than u that has no business with the emir or Oga

the king brought shame to his family and lineage and not Yoruba

that's the consequences of following modern path to choose a king rather than the traditional way

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Odingo1: 12:27am On Apr 02, 2018
Adebowale89:
posts here shows babies plenty among Igbo nairaland

the Iwo indigene ain't crying more than u that has no business with the emir or Oga

the king brought shame to his family and lineage and not Yoruba

that's the consequences of following modern path to choose a king rather than the traditional way
Why calling Igbo into your mess, continue to worship your fulani slave lords.

7 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Pain(m): 2:10am On Apr 02, 2018
THIS IS LATENT BUT POTENT ISLAMIZATION IN PROGRESS...WAITING FOR THE NEXT OBI THAT WILL DECLARE AN EMIRATE EAST OF THE NIGER

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:
Our President AlSheikh Muhammadu Buhari's promised change has now even extended into our wardrobe.

Check out the dashing Ob--- sorry, Emir of Iwo Emirate rocking the stylish new clothes in Northern style. his new uniform in office! cool

Pic 2: The newly installed Waziri of Emirate of Iwostan.

That's what u get wen strobe has like 22,456 Obas.grin.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Adebowale89(m): 6:14am On Apr 02, 2018
Odingo1:

Why calling Igbo into your mess, continue to worship your fulani slave lords.

where is the mess here? you people are the slaves to Fulani not Yoruba, you and I know that
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Alajiki(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2018
resurgentxtian4:
This is a clear sign to every politically correct Christian in yorubaland. You see what the RCCG, Adeboye and Osinbajo led us into?

I know these fanatics would never have come out in the open if Buhari didn’t become President. Now, all manner of Islamic nonsense is being openly propagated. We sold our freedom for a mere VP post.

Pastor Bosun Emmanuel will be laughing at us now as he warned us of what will happen if the APC(Islamic brotherhood) got to power. We diaobeyed the Holy Spirit and we are now being led by radical islamists.

Everybody should quietly plan his escape because Muslims will never halt their plans to islamise the country.

I hate to say it but the igbos are finally vindicated in their cry for justice in Nigeria.

Christians wake up!!! The Muslims don’t mean any good.

Here comes another oafish rabble rousing.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by bjhandz: 6:34am On Apr 02, 2018
This guy nah pure nuisance

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Alajiki(m): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

cry cry

This is my exact message to Christians in yorubaland. We need to wake up and smell the coffee. No Muslim means well for you...

So much noise, no substance. So his declaring himself an Emir is an Islamic agenda? You guys never cease to amuse me. A riff raff yahoo boy accidentally became an Oba because of the greed of the kingmakers, became high on Iwo weed one morning and started calling himself an Emir....then you start your throaty noise again like a frog shouting Islamization!!!

I'm not surprised about your glaring ignorance, those who should know better, your leaders in CAN, have led the way in this show of shame. I weep for what Yoruba land is gradually becoming. Your ilk was was very rare in this land before now.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Biafra will never come if igbos like it or not

No nody cares about biafra grin it's the one that has turned enir we are all trending on now

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by badoh(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2018
I don't think this man deserve to be on that throne. This is the same Oba that will be gallivanting around in parties shaking hands with dignitaries instead of sitting down and allow dignitaries pay homage to him. How many times have you seen Alaafin of Oyo doing such?
The chiefs had better talk sense into him before he derails completely.

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:17am On Apr 02, 2018
But the attire is really beautiful; it makes him look even more regal; besides, he is not the only one adopting Hausa style of dressing, most politicians and re known personalities are increasingly now adopting the Hausa style agbada and cap in their official wardrobes - abeg let him be.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
But the attire is really beautiful; it makes him look even more regal; besides, he is not the only one adopting Hausa style of dressing, most politicians and re known personalities are increasingly now adopting the Hausa style agbada and cap in their official wardrobes - abeg let him be.

Wait a minute.

I am Hausa too. Are you saying this attire is more regal than the Agbada worn by Yoruba monarchs? No way dude. no effin way.

that white cloth inside looks very cheap and it looks made of cheap material.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2018
musa234:
Yorubas will always follow our footstep..They will forever look up to us insha' Allah

Yorubas don't kill
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by Edu3Again: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2018
gozzlin:
The clothes fit am o. grin

I hope many many more emirs will be appointed in the southwest. Starting with the emir of Lagos, emir/sultan of Ife, emir of Oyo, etc. cool
Wicked man grin
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:15am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Wait a minute.

I am Hausa too. Are you saying this attire is more regal than the Agbada worn by Yoruba monarchs? No way dude. no effin way.

that white cloth inside looks very cheap and it looks made of cheap material.

Certainly the Al-kebba and turbans and all the trappings worn by our royalties are indeed more regal; admittedly this particular choice by the Oba is evidently cheap as you rightly observed; however, I have seen many more better pictures of him in quite befitting outfits from his increasing Hausa styled wardrobe.
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by vicfy(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2018
Afonjas.....always trying to impress the North....slaves!!

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Certainly the Al-kebba and turbans and all the trappings worn by our royalties are indeed more regal; admittedly this particular choice by the Oba is evidently cheap as you rightly observed; however, I have seen many more better pictures of him in quite befitting outfits from his increasing Hausa styled wardrobe.

It is a matter of opinion. I find Agbadas regal especially the style worn by the Alafin of Oyo.
Also there are variances in them too. The Gold trimmings etc.

If you notice carefully, this kinda attire (cloak) is a knock off copy of the Saudi Arabian Bisht worn by Gulf Royalty in a native format. A hybrid per say albeit in cheaper quality trimmings (zari work)
Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by skales67(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Biafra will never come if igbos like it or not

When is your Oba converting to Emir? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by skales67(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2018
Diiet:

peter Obi also gave your parents and igbo destitutes #20 each the other day.

But he never converted to Emir grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style by OSUigbo: 10:09am On Apr 02, 2018
Africonji:
Afonja will not kill us with their slavery stuffs. cheesy cheesy grin
I love deleting miserable frustrated osu people's comments tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Aka Ji Ovo Igbo Leads Community To Omambala River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.