Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25060 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
I need opinions on this, I plan to join Upwork but would want to know if combining it with fiverr will be a heavy workload considering the fact that I am working.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by markbenny(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
mrphysics:

I need opinions on this, I plan to join Upwork but would want to know if combining it with fiverr will be a heavy workload considering the fact that I am working.

Upwork is better and more profitable. it's more flexible and more user friendly

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
markbenny:

Wow, this is nice. How flexible can it be when there is restriction on registration and people would have to bid for a job

Brightgem, I sincerely appreciate the fact you have tried fiverr, please don't give up. I currently earn on average $1000 on fiverr using a Nigerian account.

The thing about fiverr is that, they are filled with broke buyers who wants haven for a price of hell. I just need to expand, hence the reason I want to join upwork. There is nothing bad if I start making $3000/month. That's the joy of hustling.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by markbenny(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
mrphysics:

Wow, this is nice. How flexible can it be when there is restriction on registration and people would have to bid for a job

what restrictions on registration?

the bidding system makes the offers competitive. you also have to submit a proposal while bidding and the poster of the job goes through all proposals before picking the right person for the job

as a newbie, you can start getting jobs of up to $100 depending on how well your Profile is set up. you also hardly find $5 jobs.

the job opportunities are more on upwork etc

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by popeejosh: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
markbenny:

what restrictions on registration?

the bidding system makes the offers competitive. you also have to submit a proposal while bidding and the poster of the job goes through all proposals before picking the right person for the job

as a newbie, you can start getting jobs of up to $100 depending on how well your Profile is set up. you also hardly find $5 jobs.

the job opportunities are more on upwork etc
This is impressive. Thanks. But can I register as a Nigerian? I heard they do several verification.

More opinions?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Abovee122: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hello guys. If you need to open an Upwork Account of any country I can help you and I will tell you the secret of succeeding on Upwork. Kindly WhatsApp me on 08068616795.

Pls its not free oh. But you will learn a lot of things plus mentorship.

You can also succeed as website developer and graphics designer without any prior skill. There is a strategy I will teach you. Till you message me on WhatsApp. Good night.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Depends on what work for u... Upwork everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 5:34am On Apr 02, 2018
bkuranga:
Depends on what work for u... Upwork everyday.
I was thinking fiverr is better.

All roads leads to upwork now

Joey150, I don't also visit buyers request on fiverr. In fact, with 10 completed orders on fiverr, I can be sure of over $1000. My minimum price is $40. But then, opinions have shown that Upwork is much better than fiverr. I am comfortable on fiverr because I get to reject works. Yesterday alone, I rejected 3 orders and rejected 2 orders today. My gig is on front page of my niche. This implies that the account is doing well anyway.

Now my point is that I need more, I need to diversify and I have heard much about Upwork. Fiverr can do anything any time, so it is bad to completely depend on them.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

I was thinking fiverr is better.

All. roads leads to upwork now
Mr man.
Upwork is better, if you know your onions

https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site/22
Upwork has premium clients and you rarely see$5-10 jobs.
The marketplace is for mainly premium clients who want the best.
I know of someone who made 2200 in his very first week as an upworker. Something fiverr will never give you..
Starting as a newbie isn't easy at all, because your proposals tends to be overlooked too many times.
But crafting an eye catching proposal does the trick as the client will be impressed and will want to know who's this guy that penned down such an interesting proposal.
You're allowed to submit 30 proposals monthly, and you just have to make it count...
Happy upworking!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 6:57am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
Mr man.
Upwork is better, if you know your onions

https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site/22
Upwork has premium clients and you rarely see$5-10 jobs.
The marketplace is for mainly premium clients who want the best.
I know of someone who made 2200 in his very first week as an upworker. Something fiverr will never give you..
Starting as a newbie isn't easy at all, because your proposals tends to be overlooked too many times.
But crafting an eye catching proposal does the trick as the client will be impressed and will want to know who's this guy that penned down such an interesting proposal.
You're allowed to submit 30 proposals monthly, and you just have to make it count...
Happy upworking!
Wow. Thank you bro.
I was even thinking fiverr is better, not knowing upwork is where I should be then.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 7:04am On Apr 02, 2018
markbenny:

bros, upwork is not user friendly o grin
Very strict no nonsense place. They suspend account like snow always falls in Russia grin

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 7:07am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

Wow. Thank you bro.
I was even thinking fiverr is better, not knowing upwork is where I should be then.
it's just a matter of professionalism.
But never register with a Nigerian ip. They'll automatically reject you. Use an ip and create an account, fill rare skills and submit, you should be approved in no distant time

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 02, 2018
Abovee122:
Hello guys. If you need to open an Upwork Account of any country I can help you and I will tell you the secret of succeeding on Upwork. Kindly WhatsApp me on 08068616795.

Pls its not free oh. But you will learn a lot of things plus mentorship.

You can also succeed as website developer and graphics designer without any prior skill. There is a strategy I will teach you. Till you message me on WhatsApp. Good night.

What is wrong with people like this?

They are sharks always circling and looking out for prey

They are greedy and vicious

36 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
But never register with a Nigerian ip. They'll automatically reject you. Use an ip and create an account, fill rare skills and submit, you should be approved in no distant time

My upwotka account is a Nigerian one I don't think they ban Nigerians like that. Never been banned only locked cause I don't use it like that.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2018
Why not work for a more Nigerian and payment ready platform...

If you are very good at researching, data analysis and if you have serious spare time to work part time, then join the Runmyresearch team and enjoy working as a paid researcher from home while earning a living...
Send your CV to info@zukitechsolutions.com
Mail should have "application as a researcher" as subject. Please make sure you use an active email address so you can quickly read and respond to our feed back

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by SoNature(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2018
U never start u dey talk about workload. Do u think starting out on those platforms is a tea party?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:

See this crappy advise.

It is much better to present yourself as you are else you run the risk of falling under Upwork's hammer. But you're right about Upwork being the better work place though.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2018
Upwork till Kindgom come.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Olamilekssy(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2018
Both are good, depends on your ways
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Doerstech(m): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Upwork

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Danchibez: 7:24am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:

Pls do guide me to join d Upwork, ur contact pls?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:25am On Apr 02, 2018
popeejosh:
Please, would like to join upwork. Need help. 08104022143
Dropping your mobile number is not advisable bro
Your email address will be much more better and in this computer age ,mobile number is most used for calling and not messaging

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2018
I am really partial to Upwork because I have made 99% of my freelance writing income from there.

Upwork, though, is harder to break into because the clients have very high expectations. Furthermore, Upwork has strict requirements for clients which is why you will be hard pressed to see all those mumu and stupid Indian clients that litter Fiverr and Freelancer.com.

If a client is reported for having unrealistic expectations, vague descriptions and many other things (I think there are fourteen things you can report clients for) they are investigated and cautioned. If that continues, they are quickly dropped from the platform.

That is the reason why Upwork has the most premium clients in the freelancing job board field. Upwork also has the best freelancers on earth.

At Upwork, the competition is fierce: you either learn and come up to standard, or you stagnate in the trough of sorrow. If you are a person who wants to be the best they can be, then that would be a good push that will help you develop yourself further. If you are not, then it just means you will stagnate.

I hate all other freelancing sites. From cluttered and tacky websites, to their being run over by cheapskate clients. I love Upwork.

By the way, my three accounts attained Top Rated status at the same time last month. Life is good.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Qaisar1: 7:26am On Apr 02, 2018
But I like softwork! [img]https:///xm7K.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by femi4: 7:27am On Apr 02, 2018
Upwork

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by oppybouy(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2018
There are both big deals. It all depends on what you can offer.

The only thing is that with Upwork, the main Issue is getting your profile accepted on the website. They rarely accept new accounts now, because the website is saturated with a lot of people with the same skills. Except of course you can do something entirely Alien.

If you get through that, you have to submit proposals to your prospective sellers, which are called 'connects'. You have 60 every month. And each offer is = 2 connects.

Fiver is good too, much easier. Except most of the sellers are broke, and don't wanna pay much for gigs.

Issue with fiver is that as a newbie, no one would wanna deal with you, except you are offering a specialized Gig.

Good luck OP.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by overlord77: 7:28am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:

Why do we Nigerians always look for ways to trick the system. Na wa o. Some of us registered on upwork without going through this route. Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by BOBBYTRICK: 7:29am On Apr 02, 2018
Upwork
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by MVLOX(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

Upwork is way better but you will really have to convince the admins there to get in.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Brightgem(f): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2018
Deactivated my Fiverr abeg. wetin, so hard for a new seller, these platforms ought to have a system that favours newbies.

They will tell u there are tricks around it, bla bla bla! All the time I will use in tricking and scheming can be used for better things like writing for sites that pay close to 30k or over for a unique list! like LISTVERSE. I don't know about upwork, anyone venturing into these online things, be it blogging, or freelance job sites, its not easy o!

To me, Fiverr sucks, works for those already ranking high, then whats the use of struglin for months mayb even spend money for fake gig and traffic and still not get 1gig, by the way, not only will Fiverr yank 1 dollar off ur money, they actually charge buyers 6 dollars for gig, they say the 1dollar is for one Fee like that abeg. Away with Fiverr, better to get a single task that u will give ur best and it will pay u well than struglin for peanuts on Fiverr.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Youths Seal Oil Company In Rivers With Juju Over Negligence(pics) / How To Set Up Ur Own Small Scale Paint Production Business / Seplat ‘Majestic’ Oil Rig Collapses In Delta, One Dies, 3 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.