Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir (42135 Views)

Ganduje Deploys Security Men To Emir Sanusi's Palace / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed / Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Westbestside: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
deomelo:

This ipob is still claiming Yoruba?
I am not claiming Yoruba, I am full blooded Yoruba, you can check my comments. But turning himself to one stupid and meaningless emir is stupid. Well, in yorubaland, no one knows him or his name if not for the outrage with ooni. Of which I know he wants to gain recognition then. He is meaningless in yorubaland.

9 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
May the God of our ancestors save us from these radical muslims in Yorubaland, in ANY muslim controlled state or locality, the first thing that goes are the schools and then religious clergy starts to take the place of career professionals, hence every Islamic civilization is bound to be doomed as soon as the 'conservatives' gather momentum. Wahabi Islam won't be satisfied until it has degraded grown folks to the level of slavery where people are whipped in the center of town, women are degraded and people are told exactly what to think or risk losing their head.
I keep telling these silly muslims, A fulani man sees you as inferior, read the written records of the Sultan of Sokoto in the 1800's.
Those who forget history are bound to repeat it, this is one of the truest quote in the world. No sense of history is plaguing us big time

6 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by oluwasegun007(m): 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
continue d yarbing, na ur town man
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
reality1010:

Which one is religious harmony again.The fact is that more Yoruba muslims r educated and want power in yorubaland period.Yorubas should try to accept reality and stop pretending.You can live in harmony even if d Oni is a muslim after the second in command in d Islamic council has always been a Yoruba man.What if d Oluwo had taken the title of a Bishop.

Bulls hit
If he took title of bishop that’s equally wrong
No one is stopping Muslims from power but if they want to enforce religion and tie slavery to Hausa they are on their own
There’s no way Yoruba muslims are more educated that Christians all the schools in Yoruba land Ata largely owned by churches and Christains simple !
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Ahmadgani(m): 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
emir=amir=(leader,ruler or Prince)
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by PortableToDynam(m): 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
if dem deities catch this FFK now, people will say Irunmoles are wicked..see as he dey insult King. this man issa BASTARD
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
May the God of our ancestors save us from these radical muslims in Yorubaland, in ANY muslim controlled state or locality, the first thing that goes are the schools and then religious clergy starts to take the place of career professionals, hence every Islamic civilization is bound to be doomed as soon as the 'conservatives' gather momentum. Wahabi Islam won't be satisfied until it has degraded grown folks to the level of slavery where people are whipped in the center of town, women are degraded and people are told exactly what to think or risk losing their head.
I keep telling these silly muslims, A fulani man sees you as inferior, read the written records of the Sultan of Sokoto in the 1800's.
Those who forget history are bound to repeat it, this is one of the truest quote in the world. No sense of history is plaguing us big time

I’m sure after his conversion to emir
They will kill him and bring real Fulani
Then Yoruba muslims will remember they are Yorubas first very irritating cycle

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by reality1010: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
Markfemi2:

I think say na only me notice
There is nothing wrong.Yoruba moslems r the largest constituencies in Yoruba land. Mind you the title Emir has political,religious and economic power.He s now the emperor of all. Aside controlling the moslem constituencies in the land he will be the one to install leaders and dethrone leaders. Soonest other yorubas will approach him for a flag to establish Emirship in their various constituencies. The ppl seem to be tired of the corrupt attitude of their politicans and church GOs.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Westbestside: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
[s]
reality1010:

Pls what is the fuss about the Emir's decision? I call him Emir because he is already one. So anyone who is angry should take whatever title he or she likes.
My take is that history has been made.The Emir of Oluwo changed his title voluntarily without compulsion.Same thing happened with Afonja when he collaborated with the Fulani and carved Ilorin out.So who ever is fighting for Ilorin as a Yoruba land should get set to fight d Oluwo as well. But wait.The Oluwo is a sharp man.He has realized that the Oni of Ife whose office was a mere herbalist has been elevated evn above that of the paramount Yoruba ruler the Alafin of Oyo.The Oni's rascality is only being supported by Yoruba politician to the disdain of the Alafin and Oba of Lagos and the Alake. So anytime u want to mention traditional rulers in Yoruba land remember the Emir of Oluwo. As far as Nigerian politics is concern, the Oluwo is above the Alafin,Alake,Oba of Lagos and Oni.As an Emir he is both traditional and political emperor in Yoruba land.In the next big occasion in Yorubaland, he will be representing the Sultan of Sokoto. But should we worry over his decision? No.No because the Oluwo's decision is not different from that of Tinubu.Both r strengthening South West alignment with the North and there r gains to it such as both ruling Nigerian political space. What if the Oluwo had converted to a pastor with a title like Bishop'
[/s]Trash.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

It is the Muslims who are insulting FFK. They are our major problem in yorubaland because they are determined to destroy the legacy of religious harmony laid by Pa Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo.

Christians have to wake up and vote out that short Pastor who led us into this trap and his islamofacist principal.

This present case has nothing to do with Christians.
We are talking about historic traditions here.

I expect the obas in youruba lands and the good people of Iwo to speak against this abomination.

And if possible banish him.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Westbestside: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
reality1010:

There is nothing wrong.Yoruba moslems r the largest constituencies in Yoruba land. Mind you the title Emir has political,religious and economic power.He s now the emperor of all. Aside controlling the moslem constituencies in the land he will be the one to install leaders and dethrone leaders. Soonest other yorubas will approach him for a flag to establish Emirship in their various constituencies. The ppl seem to be tired of the corrupt attitude of their politicans and church GOs.
Why are you contradicting yourself?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by resurgentxtian4: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
babaskool:
To think this guy studied at the private Harrow college in the UK, of which he subsequently attended Cambridge University to study law is shocking. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Fani-Kayode#Background_and_education

I think Nigeria as a country changes your lifestyle, way of life, reasoning, accent, relationship with other and your total views about life.

All i can say is wow

FFK is not a disappointment as he has chosen to stand and speak for his core base in Nigeria:Christians. It is only Muslims that hate him because he’s a thorn in their flesh and an hindrance to their Islamization plans for Nigeria. If Muslims want a sharia driven state, they should just allow for a referendum. Simple. We
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by resurgentxtian4: 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
babaskool:
To think this guy studied at the private Harrow college in the UK, of which he subsequently attended Cambridge University to study law is shocking. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Fani-Kayode#Background_and_education

I think Nigeria as a country changes your lifestyle, way of life, reasoning, accent, relationship with other and your total views about life.

All i can say is wow

FFK is not a disappointment as he has chosen to stand and speak for his core base in Nigeria:Christians. It is only Muslims that hate him because he’s a thorn in their flesh and an hindrance to their Islamization plans for Nigeria. If Muslims want a sharia driven state, they should just allow for a referendum. Simple.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
reality1010:

You are very stupid
So because of lagos is majority Christain all Yoruba muslims should not be let into power and Oba is lagos should adopt Bishop tiltle
I don’t know the prt of Islam That makes Yoruba muslims not to seperate religion from culture
Can you imagine the nonsense
If Christians thought this way will Amosun ever be govern ogun state ? Whenever Egba are majorly Christains

And after Afonja caused by same Yorubas muslims una wan go start part 2

4 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by resurgentxtian4: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
irepnaija4eva:

This present case has nothing to do with Christians.
We are talking about historic traditions here.

I expect the obas in youruba lands and the good people of Iwo to speak against this abomination.

And if possible banish him.

It has everything to do with the islamisation plans of certain key elements within the current regime. I refuse to be politically correct to please muslims who won’t hesistate to force Islam on other Nigerians. We have to wake up and act now!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by profbayo: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
SEMO007:
The way FFK responds to everything and anything makes its seems as if he is jobless

Must he always use insulting words

#justasking
of course he's jobless. Politics na him work ND since they ve sacked their government then he's always crying woe

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by achiever12: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
SEMO007:
The way FFK responds to everything and anything makes its seems as if he is jobless

Must he always use insulting words

#justasking

He doesn't spend his life on hustle like you bro. Not everybody needs to hustle for hours before they can eat

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bro it's getting annoying, they can't see the pattern, I remember when those vile imam's from Ilorin took over the South West with their stupid messages, used to drive me mad

Markfemi2:

I’m sure after his conversion to emir
They will kill him and bring real Fulani
Then Yoruba muslims will remember they are Yorubas first very irritating cycle
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

It has everything to do with the islamisation plans of certain key elements within the current regime. I refuse to be politically correct to please muslims who won’t hesistate to force Islam on other Nigerians. We have to wake up and act now!

God bless you
Enough of the political correctness
Can you see how Tinubu was used and dump by the northern muslims only to be reused again
What type of nonsense is that
Even when Abiola faced the same it was the same Christains that helped him
I’m actually tired of a part of Yoruba that is hell bent on remaining Slaves

6 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
You really think there is nothing to worry about?

profbayo:
of course he's jobless. Politics na him work ND since they ve sacked their government then he's always crying woe
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by resurgentxtian4: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
profbayo:

FFK has too many assets to be qualified as “jobless”. I don’t think he needs a 9 - 5 to survive. He comes from wealth and he’s of considerable means.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Bro it's getting annoying, they can't see the pattern, I remember when those vile imam's from Ilorin took over the South West with their stupid messages, used to drive me mad

Yorubas of Ilorin are the least successful hoodwinked with religion today some elements want to create another version

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by kmaster007: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
another way of corruption
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by reality1010: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Markfemi2:

Bulls hit
If he took title of bishop that’s equally wrong
No one is stopping Muslims from power but if they want to enforce religion and tie slavery to Hausa they are on their own
There’s no way Yoruba muslims are more educated that Christians all the schools in Yoruba land Ata largely owned by churches and Christains simple !
No bulls shit pls/ The Oluwo is clever.With this smart decision he has moved from obscurity to lime light. He will now be among the first three or if not first of traditional rulers in Yoruba land. Pray other Yorubas don't go to him for flags to establish emirates.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by NdiaraIGBO: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Markfemi2:

God bless you
Enough of the political correctness
Can you see how Tinubu was used and dump by the northern muslims only to be reused again
What type of nonsense is that
Even when Abiola faced the same it was the same Christains that helped him
I’m actually tired of a part of Yoruba that is hell bent on remaining Slaves

Okoro stop chatting nonsense, idiattttt
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by reality1010: 11:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Westbestside:
Why are you contradicting yourself?
No contradictions. Just take what u see. The cards r on the table for u.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by resurgentxtian4: 12:04am On Apr 02, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Okoro stop chatting nonsense, idiattttt

You wish he were an okoro to assuage your hurt feelings that a Yoruba man is talking about the problem posed by radical Islamic extremists.

Markfemi is a popular Yoruba moniker in the politics section. Go figure.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 12:04am On Apr 02, 2018
reality1010:

No bulls shit pls/ The Oluwo is clever.With this smart decision he has moved from obscurity to lime light. He will now be among the first three or if not first of traditional rulers in Yoruba land. Pray other Yorubas don't go to him for flags to establish emirates.

What makes you a first class king is not popularity but history
The top 3 kings in Yoruba land are
Alaafin, Ooni & Awujale

Others are behind the line
Owu has played no history in Yoruba land so no ones give a Bleep about it
Oba of lagos is popular but he’s not a first class Yoruba monarch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 12:06am On Apr 02, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

You wish he were an okoro to assuage your hurt feelings that a Yoruba man is talking about the problem posed by radical Islamic extremists.

Markfemi is a popular Yoruba moniker in the politics section. Go figure.

Simple !
Are Yoruba Muslims brain that easy to finger
By declaring iwo an emirates you have sold your land to sultan and he will dictate the next leader which will always be Fulani
Gosh Yoruba muslims are simple not sharp

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by reality1010: 12:11am On Apr 02, 2018
Markfemi2:

What makes you a first class king is not popularity but history
The top 3 kings in Yoruba land are
Alaafin, Ooni & Awujale

Others are behind the line
Owu has played no history in Yoruba land so no ones give a Bleep about it
Oba of lagos is popular but he’s not a first class Yoruba monarch
You r wrong my dear. History does nt make one a first class king but your connection to political power/ Mind you the Oni is not a traditional King but a priest.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Markfemi2: 12:18am On Apr 02, 2018
reality1010:

You r wrong my dear. History does nt make one a first class king but your connection to political power/ Mind you the Oni is not a traditional King but a priest.

Look at this illiterate
- Oni is not a traditional king
- history does not make you powerful
Why do you think sultan is more revered than others if not history
Disgusting elements
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by gregyboy(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2018
Am an igbo by tribe but i so much Reverend the edo monarchy system it is more of a religion than a culture it soleys tells everyone that the atr is thier religion and not thier culture that can easily be done away with... Thats what other monarch lacks through religion they ascribe thier religion to thier culture so it could be easily be done away with when they feel like ....am just imagining if it were to be in the primitive days when much choice was not given for the people then it means automatically be force nd degree everybody in iwo prepares to convert or face the consequence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Akintola Williams The Accountant: Biography, Dapper At 99 / A Jubilant Crowd Welcomes Buhari To France / BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.