Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled (854 Views)

Alleged Looters List: Secondus Sues Lai Mohammed, Demands N1.5bn Damages / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by deantimes(m): 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
THE Federal Government has released more names of alleged looters of the treasury during the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

The government had earlier released six names as those alleged to have amassed the nation’s resources illegally.

In a statement by Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, on Sunday, the new list by contained 24 names.

SECOND BATCH OF ALLEGED LOOTERS AND THE AMOUNT ALLEGEDLY EMBEZZLED

Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was embezzled through his office. A good number of
these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards.
Former Petroleum Resources Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Omokore and Kola Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty. About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice.

Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property

Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far.

Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.

Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.

Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.

Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.

Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.

Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA.

Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.

Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered.

Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion.

Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million

Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion

Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million

Tom Ikimi: N300 million

Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million

Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million

Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion

Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion

Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million

Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion

24 Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion

https://www.headlineng.com/mohammed-alleged-looters-amount/amp/
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by madridguy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thank God we voted out the party of rogues and yam eaters.

Meanwhile, If we allow Buhari to fail, then we are not ready for liberation as a people. No one is perfect but this man is honest.

I stand with PMB till final whistle.
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
All I see is politics and media trial after releasing their names what next? angryWhich one has been sentenced to jail for looting the treasury the media trial has been on for almost three years yet no successful case has been recorded for any of the accused only adjournment here and there.Correct me if I am wrong but I can only see this as a strategy towards February and march 2019 grin

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Built2last: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Ratello: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Interesting times ahead grin cheesy grin campaign things but too late for APC

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by fernandez1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
Choi

Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by deantimes(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by shegzhkn: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
za proof
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Amirullaha(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
2019 shall tell...
PVC LOADED!!!
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by cliffsador: 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Y listing only PDP names. APC ntor
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by usba: 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
[s]
Ladyhippolyta88:
All I see is politics and media trial after releasing their names what next? angryWhich one has been sentenced to jail for looting the treasury the media trial has been on for almost three years yet no successful case has been recorded for any of the accused only adjournment here and there.Correct me if I am wrong but I can only see this as a strategy towards February and march 2019 grin
[/s]

Shame is a powerful anti-corruption tool, the thieves are disgraced while others who witness such disgrace are deterred from stealing. Next don't dare government to exposing monumental Corruption.
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Aibuckher(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bogus
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by alsudaes1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
And so?

They should do the needful and stop disturbing our peace with loot and looters

Birds of a feather they all are
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Kabeeru(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
How I wish a corruption court is set up for speedy trial
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
usba:
[s][/s](

Shame is a powerful anti-corruption tool, the thieves are disgraced while others who witness such disgrace are deterred from stealing. Next don't dare government to exposing monumental Corruption)[s][/s].
I am sure in countries where they have tough anti corruption laws they just shame them without persecuting them right.Shame has nothing because with money they can buy the media and even some governmental agencies who would keep mute on their story.The citizens do not want talk alne but action.Looters should be jailed not media tried.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Enoma222(m): 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
#BuhariMustStillGoo
Re: Lai Mohammed Releases More Names Of Alleged Looters And Amount Embezzled by Mynd44: 4:28am On Apr 02, 2018

(1)

Live Feeds From Omoyele Sowore London Town Hall Meeting - VIDEO / Buhari Is Not 10 Per Cent Of The Man That Obasanjo Is - Fani Kayode / Has Generator Been In Use In Nigeria Since 1988 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.