Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? (495 Views)

Akwa Ibom Gubernatorial Election, Peaceful, Free, Fair And Credible – Police Rep / Akwa Ibom Elders: INEC Must Be Allowed To Conduct Free And Credible Election / You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by gbolly1151(m): 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
For the sake of new people to Blockchain,let me briefly explain what it means with my little understanding.

Blockchain can be seen as a file where record can be kept in an unchanged manner. In short,what stored on Blockchain cannot be changed and manipulated.

Blockchain technology is often refer to as technology that can be trusted and i think where we really need it is in our electoral system due to upcoming election in 2019.

What do you think about employing this technology in our upcoming election?
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by Built2last: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
gbolly1151:
For the sake of new people to Blockchain,let me briefly explain what it means with my little understanding.

Blockchain can be seen as a file where record can be kept in an unchanged manner. In short,what stored on Blockchain cannot be changed and manipulated.

Blockchain technology is often refer to as technology that can be trusted and i think where we really need it is in our electoral system due to upcoming election in 2019.

What do you think about employing this technology in our upcoming election?

Don't go there. APC will never buy into that.

1 Like

Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by gbolly1151(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Built2last:

Don't go there. APC will never buy into that.
I think with public pressure they can key into it
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by Zaikon(m): 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hhmmmm
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by Built2last: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
gbolly1151:

You can't right with Blockchain. What pressure will put on APC renegades and power drunk vampires to accept it
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by Built2last: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
gbolly1151:

You can't rig with Blockchain. What pressure will put on APC renegades and power drunk vampires to accept it
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by OriginalKogiboy(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
how is it to be used? tumbprint? with under aged and cows in the north. they must still win?
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by gbolly1151(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2018
There is a way to connect the voters card on Blockchain which will prevent fraud
Re: Can Blockchain Deliver Free,fair And Credible Election In Nigeria? by gbolly1151(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2019
OriginalKogiboy:
how is it to be used? tumbprint? with under aged and cows in the north. they must still win?

Blockchain will be a database that will keep only verified and qualified voters and before any input can be taken into this database validation must be followed base on consensus rule with this no cow or unqualified candidate can registered

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Never Work! / Twitter Reaction As VP Was Spotted With A Group Of Cooks In Anambra / Dino Melaye: Court Issues Bench Warrant Against Accused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.