Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (37537 Views)

Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off / “I Never Said I Am Changing From Oba To Emir” – Oluwo Of Iwoland / I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by PortableToDynam(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Nothing consign me but had it been he dress like Eze Ndigbo now we will not have noise everywhere o.

anyways OLOWU OF OWU Kingdom still dey dress normal, so lemme jes relax
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ballerin(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
salford1:
An Oluwo from 1890's dressed as a Muslim.

That town is indeed somehow undecided
was the picture obtained from the oluwo's palace or a figment of someone's imagination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Captain8(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
U ar a disgrace to ur yoruba pple

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by salford1: 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
ballerin:
was the picture obtained from the oluwo's palace or a figment of someone's imagination
That pic has been circulating on the internet from several years ago. I remember seeing it first on "Nigeria Nolstagia Project - Pre Nigeria Discussion" on Facebook about 5 years ago.

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by SmartMugu: 11:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Father to which nation? Who sabi this one? Which village Iwo dey sef? This one sef don dey form voltron when we are yet yet to understand all these monarchs or whatever they're called usefulness

6 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by osuofia2(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

See them. If one bad mouthed Yoruba guy hit you below the belt now, you will start shouting "Yoruba hate us", "Give us Biafra" up and down. Yet you all are worse.
The only issue I have with you guys is that you always play the victim since 1967. You have never been wrong; it's always others.
Take the message and forget the messenger, instead of you to Chanel your energy in arresting your psycho oba now claiming emir you are taking about IBO's. Who told you I am one? Mention my quote when a Hausa/Fulani kings start bearing oba or bale.. Idiots ass lickers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blacq2009(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
The correct pronunciation is amiir, meaning Leader. You're right oba/emir.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
This is what happens when you make a wassup guy king he's only going to disgrace his people but ooni of ife is also a young king that knows boundaries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ballerin(m): 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
salford1:
That pic has been circulating on the internet from several years ago.
You should rather not peddle an unverified source. It could have been anywhere

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by josef1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
Irukiru obe gbegiri angry
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by femo122: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
shocked
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by osuofia2(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

See them. If one bad mouthed Yoruba guy hit you below the belt now, you will start shouting "Yoruba hate us", "Give us Biafra" up and down. Yet you all are worse.
The only issue I have with you guys is that you always play the victim since 1967. You have never been wrong; it's always others.
Take the message and forget the messenger.. Instead of you to Chanel your energy in arrest your psycho mad king, you are quoting me, mention my quote when a Fulani/kings bears oba or bale,.. Idiotic ass lickers
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Awoofawo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
O ma she o! Correct Moda4ka ni man yi.......!

3 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by salford1: 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
ballerin:

You should rather not peddle an unverified source.
It could have been anywhere
Lol. That group is not for every tom dick and harry. It is an highly moderated group of topics, pics and discussion of colonial era. Most of the articles and pics were originally recorded by colonial masters and obtained from several libraries around the world.

E.g the pic of the oba of benin below was posted just 14hrs ago.

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Welcomme: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
Rasheedi you this useless yahooboy that karma would soon catch up with; you are a liar. No Hausa will call you an Emir. The translation for Oba in hausa is seriki. Emir is a religious head of a muslim community while Oba is a traditional head. Idiot gee boy, stop lying. You are a disgrace to yoruba land.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by goodnews777: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
The yorubas are Christians but they always look for islamists to lead them. what is wrong with them abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

I will pardon your ignorance.

You wish you made sense.

Oga, he now dresses like an Emir. He wants to be addressed as Emir because some hausas call him Emir. He even installed a waziri in Iwo town. That is still sacrilege.

Some of you zombified supporters need to wake up

4 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by salford1: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
ballerin:

You should rather not peddle an unverified source.
It could have been anywhere
As you have requested.
I do not think the present Oluwo was installed in 2012.

Below is also a post from Nairaland in 2011.
https://www.nairaland.com/675773/great-leaders-nigerias-history-before/6

aljharem3:
[size=15pt]Momodu Ayinla Lamuye the most zealous muslim yoruba king (oba)[/size]

Momodu Ayinla Lamuye was a titled Nigerian traditional ruler who held the office of Oluwo of Iwo. He is considered one of the most zealous Muslim Obas in Yoruba land during the nineteenth century and used his office to consolidate the religion in his domain.

Life

Lamuye was born to the family of Oluwo Ogunmakinde Anide. Interestingly, he was given the Muslim name of Momodu at birth.
He succeeded his father but his choice drew complaints from Iwo traditional religion adherents within the royal households who raised concerns about his practice of Islam and how he would be able to carry out with traditional rituals. Lamuye doused the tension by accepting to give necessary assistance to officials involved in traditional rites.
Lamuye's reign witnessed a gradual growth in Islam in the town. However, it is noted that Islam preceded the reign of Lamuye in Iwo, it was supposedly established in the town during the reign of Oluwo Alawusa (c. 1795-1820). However, another Iwo tradition dates the beginning of the religion in Iwo to a man called Momodu an itinerant preacher during the reign of Oluwo Layilumi who died around 1750.

In 1863, he had to deal with a revolt in his domain led by the Balogun, Alli who was a powerful leader prior to the coronation of Lamuye. He succeeded in containing the revolt by recruiting loyalist troops to quell the rebellion and contacting Bashorun Ogunmola to allow Alli to remain in exile in Ibadan.

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by edupedia: 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
They have threatened to detrone him, he is now changing tone.

Who made him first class ruler

The way he was going I knew he was going to step on toes....now he will know how powerful the Yoruba tradition is... that is the the bond in Yoruba land that even religion cannot penetrate... Yoruba brother will not cut their brothers heads because of religion...and the Yoruba girl is equal in almost all cases to the Yoruba boy.... Etc.... Don't step on Yoruba tradition it is a Tiger's tail....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by MrAnalyst: 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!

Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!

Stupidity at its peak.

Tell us why he dressed as an Emir in a Northerner dress?

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by simeotexy: 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
cheesy afonja
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by NdiaraIGBO: 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
MrAnalyst:

Mynd44

What the hell is your problem?
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by NdiaraIGBO: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
simeotexy:
cheesy afonja

Flat/isi
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by kmaster007: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
another way of corruption
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
blacq2009:
The correct pronunciation is amiir, meaning Leader. You're right oba/emir.
Is he also right to dump his traditional yoruba attire and wear the attire of the fulanis?

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Hotzone(m): 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Update your PVC system to buhari outofoffice2019

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ariesbull: 11:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
These people ...they can't stand by their actions and always having to talk by two sides of mouth

Na wa

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ariesbull: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Maybe his dressing is to please the northern folks lately and not his Yoruba folks

Well we are watching ...who takea him serious anyway

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
ariesbull:
These people ...they can't stand by their actions and always having to talk by two sides of mouth

Na wa

Thats why someone said that they are neither here nor there.

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Adebowale89(m): 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
respect to your throne but no respect to the gibberish coming out from your mouth. just imagine a whole king trying to pleased other region ahead of his own heritage

does this sound sane at all

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.