Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun (25045 Views)

Osinbajo, Okorocha, Ganduje, Kenneth Okonkwo At Bola Tinubu's Colloquium / Picture Of Fashola And Buhari In Onitsha: Caption It / Buhari, Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Governors, At Tinubu's Colloquium .PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by LaudableXX: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2018
Bobby4090:
Good write up. But just one side of the story. I also learned that since he left as Governor, Fashola never visited Tinubu at least to say thank you for fishing him out from obscurity and making him who he is today. My brother, anybody I make my chief staff for 8 years and make Governor for 8 years and for one day you cannot even come and say thanks or pay homage... I will hate you forever if I can.

We all are human beings, thank a man for the one he has done and he will do more. Even God doesnt share his glory not to talk of feeble human beings like us.
Fashola felt that running to a federal power in Buhari will salvage the situation but it cannot. Why is it out of the many political sons of Tinubu he should be the one having this problem. He Fashola a proud and pompous man.even most of his projects as Governor were elitist.

That not withstanding, I think there should be peace between him Fashola and Tinubu/Ambode. It's a fight taken too far if actually he was purposely snubbed in Lagos. Two wrongs don't make a right. One was this can be done by Ambode naming an important road in Lagos after Fashola and inviting him to commission it and let by gone be by gone.

Guy, stop saying what you do not know. sad So all the visits that Fashola paid to Tinubu's house while he (i.e. Fashola) was still governor, were not enough? How many additional visits does he expect? Doesn't Tinubu know Fashola's phone number? Why can't he pick up the phone and ask Fashola to visit him? Or did Tinubu ask Fashola to visit him, and Fashola declined? Tinubu's need for adulation and aggrandisement, long after he has left office, is pathetic. Is it that he does not get enough visits from his acolytes, sycophants and supporters, which is why he still needs Fashola to visit him? undecided Fashola is not proud. He is pragmatic and realistic. He foresaw what Ambode would do to Lagos with his toxic taxes, and decided to keep his distance....can't blame BRF.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Bobby4090: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2018
adelacuna:
The writer really makes a lot of sense. Fashola is way better than Ambide in terms of intelligence and in governance.

He might be better than Ambode in terms of intelligence but definitely not governance...nor wisdom.
Intelligence without wisdom is zero. If Fashola was wise he would have known how to avoid such traps and give credit to whom its due. Sometimes your intelligence and degrees without proper application or being street wise mounts to nothing. How can you fall out openly with your political superiors and yet you have no political base to fight them.
That's why I also think Tinubu is wise. When people cried that Buhari has neglected him and ditched him he preserved and today its Buhari that's running back to appease him. Had he gone into open confrontation with Buhari last year they would have finished him off by now.
Same thing with Fashola, he didn't have patience and ran to Abuja to join anti Tinubu forces along with ex Ekiti governor. How do u think u can fight a man that made u governor for 8 years because u think Buhari is now your friend.
But in all they should stop the fight and reconcile. By the mere fact that Fashola came for the birthday shows he wants peace and should have been honored accordingly. It's not too late anyway. It's now up to Tinubu to reach out to him and apologize for that slight.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2018
Not saying he would win, just ambition-wise, at least compared to Tinubu he is wayyy better

Bobby4090:

Future president in whooo? Is that not the man that boasted during campaign that a serious government should fix our power problems in 6 months. And after nearly 3 years he's in charge he is not even anywhere close to it.
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Allansmith: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Fashola,My Fashola....Am sure some folks still refers to Fashola being the governor based on the many deeds he did for Lagos state during his days as the governor of Lagos...A friend that works for a coy that a contract was awarded for under the Fashola regime saw Fashola to appear at site around 1.30am to ascertain the road would be accessible for road users hours later as for 5.am that same morning...The Guy was thrilled...
During the regime of his position as a Minister,I personally was at my High School Old students gathering which Fashola came in unannounced without entourage and he was open free and was joking while addressing us....
Tinubu on my own opinion shouldn't have ignored Fashola at the event cos He(Fashola) was given the opportunity to work and he sure delivered at least 75% of work that he handled....
On Ilubirin project.That structure would have brought about Job opportunities to some people even if they are yet to meet up with the wide outburst of over population in the day but equipment were locked in on that site for months all in the name of having issue to sort within themselves which i feel shouldn't have effect on both Contractors working on site and those Labourers working too....Abeg,you guys should grow up please and bear that spirit of sportsmanship.....This idea of condemning project of an outgoing office holder by the in coming one has always surface from time immemorial....Poverty Alleviation projects is a vivid example in this case.Operation Feed the Nation (OFN). This program was started by General Olusegun Obasanjo in 1979.The program however ended when Shehu Shagari became president in 1979.Instead of continuing with the poverty alleviation program of the OFN, Shehu Shagari decided to establish his own when he became president in 1979. He came up with a program tagged the Green Revolution and the program equally placed emphasis on increased food production.
In 1983 after General Muhammadu Buhari became military president.General Buhari came into power, he too started his own poverty eradication program and he floated this via the War Against Indiscipline and Corruption.
When General Badamasi Babangida came into power in 1983, He equally established Directorate of Foods Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DFRRI) and the purpose was to open up the rural areas through feeder road constructions and to also make available basic amenities towards improving on the country’s economy.Late Gen Sani Abacha also came up with his own idea of poverty alleviation program, which was the Family Economic Advancement Programme (FEAP) and the list continues till date....If only these people can meet with the outgoing officer and find out how they can work together in achieving the primary aim...

If all these people can decide to sit,talk and work together as a team regardless of their political parties...Maybe and maybe eventually We would have a better Nigeria......

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by farem: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Paradigm777:
I should read this long epistle?

Kukuma IKee mi

.if you could not read this, you are beating a. Wrong identity and your paradigm is perfectly imperfect in fact you're still on level 000!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Beke2020: 11:20am On Apr 02, 2018
The shoe Oga Fash left is to big for Ambo to ware.
abumeinben:
Anytime I talk about this ambode guy, people go dey look me.

The guy is performing far below what Lagos deserves, what Lagos generates. I've always seen him as a servant governor. Fashola had the guts to award contracts to bid winner, and not necessarily tinubu's Hitech construction. Although, fashola nor be saint o, but the guy get mind die.
Plus he focused his performance on wetin uncle Bill Gates talk, health and education, then security.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Paradigm777: 11:23am On Apr 02, 2018
NaijaElba:

The post is not meant for re.tard like you. No wonder you people keep commenting nonsense on every thread because you are lazy to read the content.
I'm sorry. I'm going back to read it.
sad

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by DeLaRue: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2018
Wasn't fashola part of the group that tried to scheme Tinubu out of real power within APC in Abuja soon after Buhari's election?

Besides, a birthday is a personal affair. A 2nd row sitting for a person who was part of an Abuja coup against you is perfectly adequate.

Fashola was so great, he did a borehole for N70 million. Laughable.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Beke2020: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2018
I disagree with you. What do u guyz gain in trying to make Tunubu a tin God? Pls read the write up well. If Tunubu was the so called jagaban, why didn't they get another flag for APC when Fashola was going for re-election for his second term in office? He should have brought out Ambode then and win the election. Buhari will use his head again, just watch and see
Bobby4090:

He might be better than Ambode in terms of intelligence but definitely not governance...nor wisdom.
Intelligence without wisdom is zero. If Fashola was wise he would have known how to avoid such traps and give credit to whom its due. Sometimes your intelligence and degrees without proper application or being street wise mounts to nothing. How can you fall out openly with your political superiors and yet you have no political base to fight them.
That's why I also think Tinubu is wise. When people cried that Buhari has neglected him and ditched him he preserved and today its Buhari that's running back to appease him. Had he gone into open confrontation with Buhari last year they would have finished him off by now.
Same thing with Fashola, he didn't have patience and ran to Abuja to join anti Tinubu forces along with ex Ekiti governor. How do u think u can fight a man that made u governor for 8 years because u think Buhari is now your friend.
But in all they should stop the fight and reconcile. By the mere fact that Fashola came for the birthday shows he wants peace and should have been honored accordingly. It's not too late anyway. It's now up to Tinubu to reach out to him and apologize for that slight.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by NaijaElba(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2018
kuntash:

grin grin grin

I am sure if it was an epistle of someone showing her bum or Bnaija, he would read as if he wants to prepare for an exam..

Suegbe!

You dey mind the idiot. ..he's one of those that make whites yab blacks.
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by NaijaElba(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Bobby4090:

I love this. You are so reasonable and intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by computer0810(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2018
d writer lack d knowledge and understand of our Lagos political structure is
fashola could not have betrayed tinubu wen he was gov coz he know even those working for him and d house of assembly are loyal to tinubu
fashola try to hijack wen he won d second term by wanting to plant d next gov but he failed and don't forget tinubu brought fashola from no where to make him gov

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by nellyelitz(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Japheth17:
apc don't deserve fashola, the same way PDP don't deserve akwa-ibom. fashola gave apc a stronghold from where they could launch attacks on the PDP. Apc used fashola's achievement to boast, and this is how they treat him? well I'm not surprised.
It is the way of politics
you've not explained to us your second point why/how PDP does not deserve Akwa ibom. If u know better you won't skip that one.

Pls come and complete!
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Japheth17: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
nellyelitz:
you've not explained to us your second point why/how PDP does not deserve Akwa ibom. If u know better you won't skip that one.

Pls come and complete!

if I know better?
OK I will overlook that.
what I meant is that most PDP members use the achievements of akpabio to brag. likewise the same way APC members used fashola's achievement to brag during the last elections. They were visionary governors whose achievements speaks for them.

I believe that I have answered you
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by resurgentxtian4: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2018
Paradigm777:

I'm sorry. I'm going back to read it.
sad

This is very funny and commendable at the same time.
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Japheth17: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
bionixs:
don't worry yourself, he talks anyhow. This how a pained relative of a non performer talks when his benefactor is edged out of an administration

lmao..........
I'm not even Yoruba to start with. so you really need a prophet to tell you that ambode has not done up to quarter of what fashola did. whether you like it or not fashola's achievement's will always be used as a yardstick to compare any governors (in Lagos) achievement's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by newslifeop: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
really
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
Bede2u:
can u explain the bolded
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2018
Japheth17:
apc don't deserve fashola, the same way PDP don't deserve akpabio in akwa-ibom. fashola gave apc a stronghold from where they could launch attacks on the PDP. Apc used fashola's achievement to boast, and this is how they treat him? well I'm not surprised.
It is the way of politics.

U prolly right

MODIFIED
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Paradigm777: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

This is very funny and commendable at the same time.
cheesy
Funny? Yes

Commendable.... Thanks

Thats my own little way of forgiving him for calling me re.tard
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Rainmaker69(m): 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
This is obviously a hack piece for Fashola
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by LegitBoy(m): 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
Sheuns:
Truly Fashola could have ended Jagaban in 2007 had he decamped to another party. Fashola is the reason ACN/APC are strong in the southwest, not even Jagaban. Had Fashola not done a wonderful job in his first term in office, PDP will still be the boss in the Southwest. They just sidelined him for nothing. Jagaban is soaring on the oars of Fashola's achievement and success.
Who was Fashola in 2007? Perphaps you meant after his first term in 2011. Truth is Fashola was very popular in 2011 after his first and had he decamped could have been a new song in Lagos presently. But then politicsids not mathematics. Alot of people will do worse if they are in the same position.

While I don't agree that fashola should have relegated being a former governor in the state and the pioneer of the project, this is politics too and it has its own rules of engagement.Consequent upon fashola's disagreement with Tinubu and he teamed up with the Northern cabals to rubbish Tinubu severally in the party. Wasn't that awful too? Tinubu is definitely no God but Fashola rose through Tinubu like many others too. So it is not a one way traffic thing. Fashola wanted Femi Hamzat to succeed him while Tinubu wanted Ambode.

This is a political disagreement brother and not mathematics that you can order a precise answer because there are many things beyond our forseeability.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by bionixs: 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Japheth17:

lmao..........
I'm not even Yoruba to start with. so you really need a prophet to tell you that ambode has not done up to quarter of what fashola did. whether you like it or not fashola's achievement's will always be used as a yardstick to compare any governors (in Lagos) achievement's
on his template Ambode builds on. Africans,especially
Nigerians don't celebrate past heroes. the moment they leave,they are forgotten and only be remembered by the mistakes they made as any other mortals. that is why they seldom prosper. Should it be in this clime , who is Mrs Clinton to come out for anything after her husband's misdeeds? unless she would muscle or rig herself into power
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Sheuns(m): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
LegitBoy:

Who was Fashola in 2007? Perphaps you meant after his first term in 2011. Truth is Fashola was very popular in 2011 after his first and had he decamped could have been a new song in Lagos presently. But then politicsids not mathematics. Alot of people will do worse if they are in the same position.

While I don't agree that fashola should have relegated being a former governor in the state and the pioneer of the project, this is politics too and it has its own rules of engagement.Consequent upon fashola's disagreement with Tinubu and he teamed up with the Northern cabals to rubbish Tinubu severally in the party. Wasn't that awful too? Tinubu is definitely no God but Fashola rose through Tinubu like many others too. So it is not a one way traffic thing. Fashola wanted Femi Hamzat to succeed him while Tinubu wanted Ambode.

This is a political disagreement brother and not mathematics that you can order a precise answer because there are many things beyond our forseeability.

Thanks for the correction. It's 2011 after his first term.
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Offisial(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
Paradigm777:
I should read this long epistle?

Kukuma Kee mi
That's why you will continue to live in 'hear-say' you lazy thing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
akinszz:
yes it's propaganda to villagers like you, but to we in Lagos know his so called achievements.

Like the abandoned rail project grin...

With the borrowing of 2 billion dollars in 8 years with just uncompleted projects to show for it? ??
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by akinszz: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Like the abandoned rail project grin...

With the borrowing of 2 billion dollars in 8 years with just uncompleted projects to show for it? ??
it still ongoing... not abandon... Mr shukwudi..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
akinszz:
it still ongoing... not abandon... Mr shukwudi..

LMFAO.

So what exactly did fashola achieve with the 2 billion Dollars loan he took and the hundreds of billions he got yearly as budget??
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by akinszz: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

LMFAO.

So what exactly did fashola achieve with the 2 billion Dollars loan he took and the hundreds of billions he got yearly as budget??
its a waste of time arguing with you mere villager.... provide evidence that he collected 2billion dollar loan. oh! that's d lies you are being told in the village abi?
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Paradigm777: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Offisial:

That's why you will continue to live in 'hear-say' you lazy thing
Dont be offended sir... Don't you

Think u r taking it too far (personal) by calling me a thing? angry
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
akinszz:
its a waste of time arguing with you mere villager.... provide evidence that he collected 2billion dollar loan. oh! that's d lies you are being told in the village abi?

Just as expected, U won't be able to name fashola achievement with over 2.5 trillion he spent as Lagos governor for 8 years.

Meanwhile its very easy to find out how much fashola borrowed n how much he spent in 8 years.

The day u gather enough morale, check it.
Re: Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2018
emmie14:
This is betrayal by Ambode a Yoruba blood innate with betrayals. It runs in there blood. Babatunde Fashola though his fan also betrayed his boss Bola Tinubu . His hands are stained in the plight of Tinubu in APC today. Fashola selfishness contributed to Bola back sit in Aso rock
you really know politics only God knows how much op was paid to write this useless epistle
once bat takes over party structure brf is doomed politically

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi / "I Don't Drink, I Don't Smoke, And I've Stopped Womanizing" - Atiku Abubakar / Buhari And Mustapha Jakolo In Medina In 1984

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.