Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (68819 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2010
I wonder o.

Go and see how Ibime has been disgracing himself on the ballon D 'or thread. I just blew some of his lies. he is no better than folahann.

Nuccas should try and distinguish between beer parlour and under bridge argument vs Internet arguments.

Ibime said Sneijder has 2 assists in 72 games grin grin i am sure he would blame it on UK winter or on Cameron's BNP
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2010
dayokanu:

I wonder o.

Go and see how Ibime has been disgracing himself on the ballon D 'or thread. I just blew some of his lies. he is no better than folahann.

Nuccas should try and distinguish between beer parlour and under bridge argument vs Internet arguments.

Ibime said Sneijder has 2 assists in 72 games  grin grin i am sure he would blame it on UK winter or on Cameron's BNP 

one of folahann or edoyad must have bitten ibime on the neck and transferred their gaynnerism symptoms into ibime. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
Our renegade sister club FC United of Manchester is getting a hiding from Brighton in the FA Cup replay grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2010
RuuDie:

Our renegade sister club FC United of Manchester is getting a hiding from Brighton in the FA Cup replay grin

for real? now they are going to blame bebe for their woes. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

for real? now they are going to blame bebe for their woes. grin

and O'shea

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 12:45am On Dec 09, 2010
Hehehehe
Nice banter

I like!

debo dey try, na that Ibime dey worry me. Lol

@Mancs
From what I saw today in d games involving Arsenal and Chelsea, if we don't bag 6 points in those games, some people shd be questioned!

Can't wait for Monday to come
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 1:50am On Dec 09, 2010
^^ You think Arsenal & Chelsea will play like that against Man Utd? Peep this:

From what we saw at Upton park. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2010
@ritchie
U have a point. The games involving those teams are usually tight but,
I think if we both (Arsenal and UTD) play our best games, UTD would win

Chelsea, a super Chelsea would be difficult for any team in the world to handle so I'm only praying the dip in form continues when they play us. I doubt it tho, when UTD come visiting, you just have to be @ ur best!

Let's see how it goes
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by codedguy1(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2010
most teams would want to prove a point when they meet United, but most times they see that khaki no be leather and thats why we have the pedigree we have.

A game between Arse and United will always be unpredictable because both teams would defy their forms especially if they had been playing badly. Arsenal is always a team that any decent team will have confidence having a go at them.

With chelsea its a diff ball game, its always a dangerous affair, am always not comfy playing those guys.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
cou-gar:

okay then - let me be the first to break the news to you. arsenal will not win the champions league this year. you can quote this anytime, anywhere.

Any slowpoke can say Arsenal, Chelski, Spurs, Scum Utd, Schalke, Bayern, Real, Barca, Copenhagen, Marseille will not win the tournament. If one of them wins, he will still be 90% right, without knowing anything about football. So what is 'quotable' about your comment?

let's wait and see.

We waited and we saw - a 3-1 win without even getting out of first gear. This confirms that the losses to the two smaller teams could've been based on guaranteed qualification by winning the last game.

debosky is only talking a good game here. this is not the arsenal thread where debo can fool his gaynner comrades. intellectuals plenty for here. grin

Comot for road - my argument here has been consistent. Forget the group stages, knockout footie is what counts. Yes we've made it more 'difficult' but if memory serves well, the times we've made it 'difficult' have resulted in us going beyond the second round, so I'm not worried.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
I'm not overly worried about Arsenal or even Chelsea for that matter --- my only fear is our approach to these games. We tend to give this guys far more respect than they deserve attimes & it is usually mirrored in the 4-5-1 formation adopted in these games.

From the get-go, I've always held the notion UTD is the best team in this season's EPL because of the versatility of the squad and play; I feel the play of Chelsea and Arsenal, to large extents, are somewhat predictable, you can just tell how they are going to file out and the tactics they will employ; worse still there's not a lot in reserves to significantly alter it. We just have to play with far more belief and assuredness than we usually do in these ties!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2010
debosky:

Any not-so-smart person can say Arsenal, Chelski, Spurs, Scum Utd, Schalke, Bayern, Real, Barca, Copenhagen, Marseille will not win the tournament. If one of them wins, he will still be 90% right, without knowing anything about football. So what is 'quotable' about your comment?

arsenal are the weakest in the round of 16. i watched how you guys laboured to beat a useless team like partizan belgrade. if you get any of the elite teams next round, it will be the end of the road for you.

We waited and we saw - a 3-1 win without even getting out of first gear. This confirms that the losses to the two smaller teams could've been based on guaranteed qualification by winning the last game.

i am sure you clenched your butt-cheeks when partizan equalised. you gotta admit partizan were poor last night. it's like they colluded with the arsenal strikers to score. what was that defender doing heading so low to assist theo walcott? it's a shame.

Comot for road - my argument here has been consistent. Forget the group stages, knockout footie is what counts. Yes we've made it more 'difficult' but if memory serves well, the times we've made it 'difficult' have resulted in us going beyond the second round, so I'm not worried.

says who? you have always made it difficult - always finishing 2nd in the group stage and always getting eliminated when it matters. the last time you did well in this competition was when henry/pires etc were here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2010
Why are folks still on the Chelski dread. It hasn't occured to anyone that their top performers are collectively experiencing diminishing returns. Cech asides.

ManUre to maul Arsenal hmmmm, I really do hope ya'll come out to the pitch in such ignorant swag.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2010
cou-gar:

arsenal are the weakest in the round of 16. i watched how you guys laboured to beat a useless team like partizan belgrade. if you get any of the elite teams next round, it will be the end of the road for you.

Last I checked, UCL games were not decided on nairaland based on the words of Sharon. We'll see what happens in the next round.

i am sure you clenched your butt-cheeks when partizan equalised. you gotta admit partizan were poor last night. it's like they colluded with the arsenal strikers to score. what was that defender doing heading so low to assist theo walcott? it's a shame.

So Koscielny and Squillaci didn't collude with Cleo to score? grin Partizan were poor, that's why we didn't need to get out of first gear. yes they gave a scare with the goal, but the result wasn't really in doubt.

says who? you have always made it difficult - always finishing 2nd in the group stage and always getting eliminated when it matters. the last time you did well in this competition was when henry/pires etc were here.

In the last three seasons we've reached two quarter finals and one semi final.  In 07/08 and 08/09 we finished second and that didn't stop us getting to the quarters and to the semi in one of those years. Coming first last season didn't stop us from going out in the quarters last season.

What that tells any perceptive analyst is that finishing second is largely irrelevant when it comes to progressing beyond the second round. This is what I have repeated from the start. The real football starts NOW.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2010
debosky:

Last I checked, UCL games were not decided on nairaland based on the words of Sharon. We'll see what happens in the next round.

nairaland analysts can assess strengths and weaknesses of the remaining 16 teams and you have to be honest, arsenal look like the weakest of the lot.

So Koscielny and Squillaci didn't collude with Cleo to score? grin Partizan were poor, that's why we didn't need to get out of first gear. yes they gave a scare with the goal, but the result wasn't really in doubt.

koscielny is not a good defender. i knew that when el-hadji diouf pissed on his face months ago. his positional sense is clouded. can't wait to see nani take a dump on him on monday.

In the last three seasons we've reached two quarter finals and one semi final.  In 07/08 and 08/09 we finished second and that didn't stop us getting to the quarters and to the semi in one of those years. Coming first last season didn't stop us from going out in the quarters last season.

it depends on the team you meet in the round of 16. in 07/08 and 08/09, you got lucky! last season, you got barcelona. anyone gets barcelona at this stage and the dreams die instantly. i hope you get real madrid or bayern munich. knowing how uefa love controversy - i forsee maureen vs wenger(Viewer series version 2.0) happening again. grin

What that tells any perceptive analyst is that finishing second is largely irrelevant when it comes to progressing beyond the second round. This is what I have repeated from the start. The real football starts NOW.

it will become relevant when you meet either barcelona or real madrid. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
cou-gar:

nairaland analysts can assess strengths and weaknesses of the remaining 16 teams and you have to be honest, arsenal look like the weakest of the lot.

Fair enough. I just choose to disagree with your assessment.

koscielny is not a good defender. i knew that when el-hadji diouf pissed on his face months ago. his positional sense is clouded. can't wait to see nani take a dump on him on monday.

We'll see how things pan out. . . . but it's more likely going to be Nani vs Clichy than Koscielny.

it depends on the team you meet in the round of 16. in 07/08 and 08/09, you got lucky! last season, you got barcelona. anyone gets barcelona at this stage and the dreams die instantly. i hope you get real madrid or bayern munich. knowing how uefa love controversy - i forsee maureen vs wenger(Viewer series version 2.0) happening again. grin

We got barca in the quarters NOT second round. So we've been lucky for three seasons running? grin

If UEFA want controversy, they should play Real vs Inter. . . that would be much more interesting.

it will become relevant when you meet either barcelona or real madrid. grin

That should be an 'if' - wait till the draws are made. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2010
debosky:

We'll see how things pan out. . . . but it's more likely going to be Nani vs Clichy than Koscielny.

nani now floats. . . . .knowing how far up the pitch your full-backs roam, a quick counter-attack will pit nani with your centre-halves.

We got barca in the quarters NOT second round. So we've been lucky for three seasons running? grin

yes, you have been lucky! a dead n rotten ac milan team in 07/08, roma in 08/09 and porto last season. in all seriousness, none of these teams is a heavy-weight in europe.

If UEFA want controversy, they should play Real vs Inter. . . that would be much more interesting.

no way. arsene vs mourinho is a better spectacle. it's the hottest beef as we speak after wenger said jose should be punished in the red card saga with jose replying arsene should worry about losing to braga.

That should be an 'if' - wait till the draws are made. wink

waiting. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2010
Always love to see Arsenal battered by Real.

CR7 actually loves playing against Clichy and co. With Benzema rimming Kolscieny/Squilacci French connection.

It would be as one sided as a Bleep
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2010
dayokanu:

CR7 actually loves playing against Clichy and co. With Benzema rimming Kolscieny/Squilacci French connection.

van persie is back and carlos vela aka new romario is also back. arsenal are the best team in europe. on their day, they would murk mourinho's team 6-0 at the emirates and 5-0 in spain. i actually feel arsenal will win the champions league this season cos according to duduface, they have the best youth team in the solar system. gibbs is as good as contreao, koscielny/djourou are the new maldini/baresi. sagna is better than dani alves. fabregas is a field marshal(better than zidane, maradona and xavi). nasri will outfox leo messi in a 100m dash and bendtner shytes on nistelrooy. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
^^ sshhh. . . .don't reveal our secret. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2010
See comments from a forum I usually post on,
I think Arsenal fans have a problem globally  grin grin grin. nairaland isnt different from bigsoccer, I doubt its different even in Heaven if any of them make it there  grin

[QUOTE=humin12;22377623]Are you kidding me? I am of the opinion that Bayern "rises to the occasion" and "plays down" to certain opposition. A match against a 'good' team such as Arsenal would be exactly what this team needs to start playing well, otherwise if we play a weaker team we'll continue to be mediocre. It's just a fact, this team lacks motivation and they are not really mentally at an elite level. A good matchup is exactly what their season needs.

Nope, but even without that BigSoccer experience I know how arrogant they are. They feel like they are entitled to something, more than any other board imo. Visit their board and just read about which matchup they would prefer.[/QUOTE]

And this one

[QUOTE=Mr. J;22377774]Arsenal fans are among the most delusional on BigSoccer. I love especially how they go on about a certain player not being "good enough" for Arsenal, or not "Arsenal quality", considering the club hasn't won squat in recent years.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1606248&page=14
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
Old man, what has this nonsense you have just posted taught us?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2010
Ask people who can read and comprehend English language to help you out
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2010
cou-gar:

yes, you have been lucky! a dead n rotten ac milan team in 07/08, roma in 08/09 and porto last season. in all seriousness, none of these teams is a heavy-weight in europe.
Vividly remember when the draws came out and you all said we will be drubbed home and away,now the same Milan is refered to as being useless, forgetting the fact that they were defending champions
dayokanu:

If the results go the other way
Hope you wont come back and say they were a useless team,CR9 had family problems,Jose was ill,the team never recovered from Barca humbling etc
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^ Are you listening to Sharon's megede fegede?

I don't have the time now, else I'd have dug up the asinine comments they made at the time.

Every team is very good till they get beaten by Arsenal, then they become the most useless team in the world.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
Do you think in your own mind that any Arsenal team can beat a grade A team on form in Europe?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Do you think in your own mind that any Arsenal team can beat a grade A team on form in Europe?
A perfect caveat grin grin
Let me throw it back to you.
Do you think when Arsenal are 'on form' they won't beat any team in the world.??
Very lazy question.
Abeg, next one
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by codedguy1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
dayokanu:

HNIC:

A perfect caveat grin grin
Let me throw it back to you.
[b]Do you think when Arsenal are 'on form' they won't beat any team in the world.??[/b]Very lazy question.
Abeg, next one

Very lazy Question, very stupid answer.

the question and answer are neither here nor there.

Both of you should please leave this thread before i recommend frog jump for the two both of you grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2010
Wow. . . . just watched a smashing game --- Getafe v Villareal

Fantastic stuff --- the Getafe no. 7 Miku is a baller!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dipo2much(m): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2010
Tomorro lurks around. After the match,evra and rooney will be fightin over nasri's shirt.
Rooney to evra : Shebi na you talk say na training dem dey always do,leave the shirt joor.
Evra : Abeg stop am na,u know say na french i take talk am,the reporter misinterprete. Okay,make I collect walcott shirt for you? abeg free this one for me na. You know say I get Kosciellny,squillaci,clichy,denilson,chamach and co shirts. Na only nasri shirt i no get.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ayusco: 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2010
hope evra has learnt enuf dance moves cos by the time nasiru is thru with him 2morow chris brown will hail him as a dance legend
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by FBS: 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2010
Carlo Ancelotti: Chelsea Will Beat Manchester United In Next Premier League Fixture

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/12/12/2258119/carlo-ancelotti-chelsea-will-beat-manchester-united-in-next

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Champions League Group Stage Draw On 27th August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.