Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

'‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu (11824 Views)

Kathy Fitzgibon, Lucky Igbinedion, Peter Obi, Ibrahim Mantu Hosted To A Dinner / "I Helped PDP Rig Elections" — Ibrahim Mantu Confesses, 'Born Again' Politician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by AnonymousIP: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2018
@WEB.ORG.NG

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has reacted to the confession made by former deputy Senate President, Ibrahim Mantu, that he helped his party rig elections in the time past.

Mantu made the confession during an interview with Channels TV. When asked if he helped PDP rig elections, Mantu said

“Let me tell you one thing, yes I did.  I am now confessing the truth. I don’t have to go and change election (results) but when you provide money, you give money to INEC boys that if they see any chance they should favour you, you provide money to the security personnel. I tell you it’s not necessarily when I am contesting election but when my party sponsors a candidate, I will like that candidate to win'' he said

However in a statement released by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, PDP distanced itself from Mantu's claim. The party also dismissed APC's advise that they should learn from Mantu and confess their sins against the country.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has dismissed the advice by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to learn from former Senate President, Senator Ibrahim Mantu's claims on how he rigged elections.

Senator Mantu’s reported claims was personal to him and has nothing to do with the PDP, as the party has never directed any of its members to rig election on its behalf, at any point since its formation.

Senator Mantu spoke about his personal activities and tendencies in the elections where he participated. The PDP has never directed or had any pact with him to rig election on its behalf. Never!

Individuals run their elections on the platform of political parties once they emerge as candidates. In the PDP, candidates are issued with the party’s Code of Conduct containing the basic rules of electioneering engagements.

There is nowhere in this rules of engagement where candidates or party members are directed to rig elections on behalf of the party. If any member’s conduct transgressed these basic rules of engagement, that individual did not act on behalf of the PDP, and as such the party cannot be vicariously held responsible.

It will therefore be misplaced for anybody, including the APC, to surmise that Senator Mantu, in the said confession of rigging, acted on behalf of the PDP.

After all, in 2007, Senator Mantu lost his own senatorial election. What, then, happened to his rigging machinery, if he could not deliver himself.

We urge the APC to manage its manifest failures in party administration as well as its incompetent, lack-lustre and wobbling governance which has grounded the nation’s economy and brought hunger and starvation to our people.

SOURCE : http://web.org.ng/1462/you-rigged-elections-for-yourself-and-not-for-us-pdp-tells-ibrahim-mantu/

cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Throwback: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
May we never be denied like PDP denied Mantu or forsaken like Jonathan forsook Metuh even despite a court summon.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by NOC1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hahahhahahhah, I did not disturb myself reading this article because I know where it is ending.
The last time I checked in Nigeria electoral act an individual don't contest for an elective position rather the party does all I am saying is that he rigged an election for PDP and not for himself.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
Fools

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by ishowdotgmail(m): 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
PDP should bury their faces in shame... Foolish sets of elders including APC too...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by KennedicalEnergy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
You are all the same

3 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by emmy4lov(m): 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
sad Politicians are all the same

1 Like

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by SOLUTION99(m): 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH
Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Paperwhite(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
After all, in 2007, Senator Mantu lost his own senatorial election. What, then, happened to his rigging machinery, if he could not deliver himself.
We urge the APC to manage its manifest failures in party administration as well as its incompetent, lack-lustre and wobbling governance which has grounded the nation’s economy and brought hunger and starvation to our people.

Shameless & useless politicians angrySo APC government have never deemed it for to get Mantu arrested to even probe this weighty allegation
The second paragraph just depict what they stand for.Shithole country with election riggers everywhere.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by GavelSlam: 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
What of Anenih?
Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Ellabae(f): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Election don dey come. Different stories everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Skepticus: 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
grin

The evil of their past haunting them.

I hope the PDP has repented.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by eddyslim(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Watch as it unfold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by laidima88(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
All these because of 2019

2 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Kingpee2(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Who sent him sef?
Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
There's no difference between APC and PDP.it's Like a mad man who changed clothes, he's still mad!!

3 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by edlion57(m): 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
He should be arrested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by LibertyRep: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
Is Mantu's self-confessed offence not punishable by the electoral act as at the time the rigging was done?

Why is he not quizzed already by the relevant law enforcement agent? Who knows, he might have more to divulge

As for the APC's ' hollier than thou' posture, Nigerians know better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
What of Anenih?

Look, oga, no one is going to be prosecuted for election rigging in Nigeria because Nigerians are not yet convinced of the good/benefits of having a free and fair election....

This will just be used as a weapon of mass destruction between PDP and APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Olukat(m): 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
In sane country Sen. Mantu and most senators from his region should be on a farm picking berries undecided

7 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
What a shame!
Whether rigged or not, nothing changed.

3 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by DWJOBScom(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Throwback:
May we never be denied like PDP denied Mantu or forsaken like Jonathan forsook Metuh even despite a court summon.

or APC that denies everything and blames everyone
Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by deafeyez: 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
And Mantu won't be investigated and arrested for such crimes because he wants to do same to APC?
Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by mikeycharles(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
I loved when they added "if you had actually rigged the election we would have won so just shut up your mouth".

5 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by kindnyce(m): 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Don't deny what is obvious afterall after winning an election via rigging, late president Yaraduwa owned up that the election that brought him to power was rigged. So pdp what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by GavelSlam: 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Look, oga, no one is going to be prosecuted for election rigging in Nigeria because Nigerians are not yet convinced of the good/benefits of having a free and fair election....

This will just be used as a weapon of mass destruction between PDP and APC.

Spot on.
Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by shegzy08: 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu by ocdeut(m): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
deafeyez:
And Mantu won't be investigated and arrested for such crimes because he wants to do same to APC?

watch as APC written script unfold

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Security Breach Affected Lagos APC Gubernatorial Campaign Kick-off / Alex Ikwechegh Joins Ikpeazu To Celebrate 29th Anniversary / 2023: APC Plots To Zone Presidency To South South - Sun News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.