Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] (3875 Views)

TECNO Camon 16 Premier (N115,800) Vs Camon 15 Premier(N103,000) + Camera Photos / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Phonecorridor: 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
The internet has been inundated with the news of an upcoming Camon X device from TECNO Mobile which will run on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo.

According to what we heard, the upcoming smartphone will launch with a highly rated Selfie camera that shoots better pictures than the almighty iPhone X

There are rumours that the upcoming smartphone will feature a Blink and snap feature that will make it possible to take selfie with just a blink of the eyes. While we cannot confirm how true this was, TECNO CAMON devices have not just been awesome but have totally changed people’s perception about smartphone cameras in recent times.

I got this camera comparison, I don't know how true it is but images on the right are the Camon X, left is iPhone X. Full details: https://www.phonecorridor.com/2018/04/upcoming-camon-x-vs-iphone-x/

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Phonecorridor: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
iPhone X VS Camon X-Portrait Mode

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by emeraldknytt(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
While both cameras perform astonishingly well, I am in little position to be the judge of the naturalness of the cameras based on your own face et body i.e I do not know if you are as fair as the IPX made you seem or you are mute (skin tone) as the TCX has depicted you to be. Nevertheless, the IPX camera on my laptop is widely better off the TCX on many grounds; sharpness, clarity, saturation, balance, depth (noticed that the outline close to the subject, in this case You, is not properly processed in the TCX as in the IPX) among other considerations. I'll give the TCX camera some credits but its picture is very generic and nothing spectacular. IPX for the win IMO. smiley smiley

Orator2383:
In the first picture, I think both did very well but that second picture, the color of the girl's cloth appeared washed out from the iPhone X picture, probably due to the bokeh effect.
You know what? You are right. I am viewing both pictures on my mobile phone and the portrait picture appears to be washed out in the IPX however the same picture is better than the TCX's when viewed on a Wide Screen (15.6" Laptop) plus, one gets to see the outline vividly on the TCX as poorly "bokeh'd"...

IPX still FTW for me... cheesy cheesy

Laurenumoh12:

Likewise me. Tecno has actually made Nigeria phone market so competitive since they penetrated the market. And this camon x, which I have no doubt will surpass iPhone X.
Sorry. It won't hit the bar near an IP6 let alone eat the dust of the IPX. Let's be rational and give credit when and where due without overplaying it. TCX will be a bang for Nigerians but it won't light up a candle where the IPX is...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Topmaike007(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
mumu post, Comparing Tecno to iPhone is like comparing Toyota to Mercedes..

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Orator2383: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
In the first picture, I think both did very well but that second picture, the color of the girl's cloth appeared washed out from the iPhone X picture, probably due to the bokeh effect.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by enny66(m): 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
I will wait for the device to come out before I can judge
@lalatiscala
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
They have started again, comparing anything to the iPhone x that is among the top 5 phones with best camera. How are we even sure these pictures were taken with the iPhone X, these tecno agents can do anything to hype their products.

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Psoulsport(m): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
greenhulk:
They have started again, comparing anything to the iPhone x that is among the top 5 phones with best camera. How are we even sure these pictures were taken with the iPhone X, these tecno agents can do anything to hyped their products.

I believe in competition... I don't know about you.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Psoulsport:

I believe in competition... I don't know about you.

Of course I love competition as it can only favour us consumers. Bur make it a honest comparison. No be by force to compare ur phone with iPhone X, there are other many phones that they could have compared their phone's camera with. That's how they compared phantom 8 camera with galaxy s8 camera. They went and took pictures with some phone with poor camera and said pictures were taken with galaxy s8 to make it look like the phantom takes better photos lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by dayveed1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
My s7e camera is better than both..

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Riche0mike(m): 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
Biko don't compare them again... �
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by henry007(m): 4:04pm On Apr 02, 2018
Interesting
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by fibonacci2526: 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
greenhulk:
They have started again, comparing anything to the iPhone x that is among the top 5 phones with best camera. How are we even sure these pictures were taken with the iPhone X, these tecno agents can do anything to hyped their products.

I bet this camera is also better than the Huawei p20 pro, Samsung s9+ and pixel 2. This phone's camera will get a dxomark rating of 120.
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by zhikirullah(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hello..

Top of the day to you,

Our prices slashed down! SCLogistics, a service of America Air Sea Cargo Ltd with its head office in Houston, Texas has developed an end-to-end effective global logistics and procurement service, offering both Air and Ocean shipping from UK, US, China, Germany, India, Turkey, Denmark and other parts of the world to Nigeria. We are licensed by Nigerian Customs to clear containers and we offer the following:

Partner with us to experience stress free and cost effective…

# Global procurement of your items such as fashion, electronics, cars, tractors etc, we have hundreds of verified stores where you can buy at low prices.
# Shipping via sea or ocean to/from any country
# Custom clearing of any size of item
# Local or International warehousing of your items
# International merchants verification services
# Haulage services
# Forex financing etc. We have the solutions to all your questions and concerns.

Visit www.sclogisticsng.com for partnership and to get a free warehouse address for your shopping in USA, UK etc
Call or whats app: (+234-8066353127), E-mail: dayo.z@sclogisticsng.com
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by ollah2: 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
greenhulk:

Of course I love competition as it can only favour us consumers. Bur make it a honest comparison. No be by force to compare ur phone with iPhone X, there are other many phones that they could have compared their phone's camera with. That's how they compared phantom 8 camera with galaxy s8 camera. They went and took pictures with some phone with poor camera and said pictures were taken with galaxy s8 to make it look like the phantom takes better photos lol.

Their strategy is to compare with phones with similar naming conventions

Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Tecno Phantom 8
iPhone x vs Canon X

Phantom 9 will be compared with S9

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Patrick33(m): 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hehehe....ok..i will check in top 10s when the phone comes out...if it can beat even the galaxy s7 edge....Not to talk of iphone X...bros your marketing skills are top notch.
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Rubiesangel: 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
The camon x camera appeared clearer and sharper. It provided more detail and picture quality is high.
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by jetz(m): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Phonecorridor:
The internet has been inundated with the news of an upcoming Camon X device from TECNO Mobile which will run on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo.

According to what we heard, the upcoming smartphone will launch with a highly rated Selfie camera that shoots better pictures than the almighty iPhone X

There are rumours that the upcoming smartphone will feature a Blink and snap feature that will make it possible to take selfie with just a blink of the eyes. While we cannot confirm how true this was, TECNO CAMON devices have not just been awesome but have totally changed people’s perception about smartphone cameras in recent times.

I got this camera comparison, I don't know how true it is but images on the right are the Camon X, left is iPhone X. Full details: https://www.phonecorridor.com/2018/04/upcoming-camon-x-vs-iphone-x/
whats the dxomark for the tecno x biko cos am curious to know how tecno a low end company in china can beat apples ace phone camera no hard feelings tho

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by jetz(m): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
greenhulk:

am teln u bruv i tired o
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Phonecorridor: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
Rangel:
I love the competition too, these Tecno guys are really innovative. Ease can you guys make a camera quality that can do x-ray? Lol
Let's wait till the device is out, we will definitely test out the camera
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
How do we know this picture was really taken with IPhone X, I wasn't there when you snapped it. Anyone can snap with any camera and claim it was taken with an iPhone ten.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
ollah2:

Their strategy is to compare with phones with similar naming conventions

Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Tecno Phantom 8
iPhone x vs Canon X

Phantom 9 will be compared with S9

U got it 100%
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by wheezyoung(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2018
Laurenumoh12:

Likewise me. Tecno has actually made Nigeria phone market so competitive since they penetrated the market. And this camon x, which I have no doubt will surpass iPhone X.
LMAO!!!!! Surpass in what way camera or performance or display pls be clear

1 Like

Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by wheezyoung(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I bet this camera is also better than the Huawei p20 pro, Samsung s9+ and pixel 2. This phone's camera will get a dxomark rating of 120.
lmao...iss true o
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by sureinfo: 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
This phones camera is definitely cool
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Realboygenius(m): 7:30am On Apr 03, 2018
Wooow
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Orator2383: 7:31am On Apr 03, 2018
If truly the phone can produce this kind of amazing pictures , I am thinking the Megapixels will be very high.

Space booked @Lalatiscala
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 03, 2018
Orator2383:
If truly the phone can produce this kind of amazing pictures , I am thinking the Megapixels will be very high.

Space booked @Lalatiscala

Megapixels alone don't determine picture quality. The phones the best cameras (Pixel 2 XL, Iphone X, Galaxy S9 plus) all have 12MP cameras and beat all those phones with 16 and 20 MP.
Re: Tecno Upcoming Camon X Takes Better Selfie Than Iphone X Camera [ Photos ] by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2018
Comparing this Tecno cm to a $1000 phone? You must be insane angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Week Old Redmi Note 7 For Sale. / Amrepairguru Refund Me My 20k / Do You Still Recall This Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.