Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures (674 Views)

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? / Nigerian Chief Turns Down Award In South Africa Because Of Xenophobia(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures by BloggerDonald: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
@WEB.ORG.NG

Shared with caption ..

Blogs won't celebrate him because he's not Bobrisky.

Favor Ori born 30 December 1996 is a Nigerian software developer who dropped out of a Nigerian higher institution to go to America and chase his dreams. Today, it can be said that his dream is within touching distance.

Days ago, he turned down a job offer that will see him earn $10k a month not because he has enough to last him a life time. But because he has a dream to help Nigerian youths.

His company is geared towards mentoring willing and serious young Nigerians who are keen on getting software engineering knowledge. It is for FREE. He'll be connecting them with Ivy League students and graduates who has worked with the highest tech companies in the world such as facebook, google. Etc. Over three hundred mentors from Silicon Valley are working with the company to get this started.

The only requirements are: Zeal, a laptop and nothing else. The company will buy unlimited internet data for the chosen students. This year, 15 people were selected out of over 200 applicants under a very short notice. The acceptance rate is 8.5%.

The accepted students in Nigeria will be receiving T-shirts, Identity cards and acceptance packages.

The cost of this is applying and being accepted.

Next year, the company will be accepting 3000 students from Africa. Applications are open on the website.

Top four students will be getting a MacBook from apple mailed to their houses.

Speaking with favor Ori, he said "My company is doing this to prevent Nigerians from scamming and doing drugs. I want to coerce them to embrace tech and join the development of the next multi-billion dollar product.".

The company is in talks with the likes of Microsoft, Google and Jetbrains for free software licenses

Application for 2019 is open. Remember, only 3000 slots that millions are scampering for. Apply as quickly as possible.

The company will be teaching selected students iOS, android web development and version control.

Additionally, the mentors who are from Ivy League colleges will aid them in creating the perfect resume, prepare them for interviews and land jobs in any tech company.

Asking him his inspiration, he didn't say much. He said "Gossy Ukanwoke"

PS: If you're on my list and you're interested, indicate.

Mr Banks!

BY WEB NIGERIA http://web.org.ng/1548/nigerian-turns-down-10k-3-6-million-monthly-job-to-help-nigerians-pictures/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures by Jochabed(f): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
He is the REAL defination of a TRUE NIGERIAN. He is so selfless!!

How i wish our Leaders could sacrifice for this nation,if the could give up their selfish ambitions, and think towards the GOOD of this nation,Nigeria would have been quite different.
Re: Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Highly commendable.
Re: Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures by 36govs: 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures by Obynobyl(m): 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
Abeg give me the job, I'm very good at multitasking, I can do both at the same time wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Turns Down $10k (3.6 Million) Monthly Job To Help Nigerians - Pictures by debolayinka(m): 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
That's the real MVP!

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now: Suretrade Business Solutions Limited Job Vacancies 2018 / This Career Will Make You Financially Free For Lifetime / Apply Now: Baker Hughes ASPIRE Leadership Development Program 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.