Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

What Was Yaraduas Offence To Nigerians - What Exactly Did He Do Wrong. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Yaraduas Offence To Nigerians - What Exactly Did He Do Wrong. (740 Views)

Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? / Buhari Should Tell Nigerians What He Forgot In Aso Rock - Patience Jonathan / Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Was Yaraduas Offence To Nigerians - What Exactly Did He Do Wrong. by marvix(m): 8:25am On May 07, 2010
Umaru Musa Yaradua is gone, yet people have refused to forgive him even in death.
My issue is what exactly did he do wrong? A lot of people hav said that he went on leave without properly handing over power to hia deputy in d form of writing nd I ask does he have to write to empower the VP, whose only role in d constitution is to act in the absence of the president.

I say let's look at this scenario, immediately after a council meetin on his way out the president is shot but didn't die nd went into coma and was then rushed out of d country 4 treatment would the vice president now need a letter frm d temporarily incapacitated president 2 assume in actin capacity d role of president or we would have 2 be without a president or Ag president until the man in coma gets up or the Senate pass a resolution or then the FEC declare him incapacitated nd install d vice as president.

I would say no, in the absence of Mr President the Vice shld take responsibility immediately so Yaradua did no wrong in not writing d senate because it isn't mandatory that he writes 2 d senate just as d senate president doesn't hav 2 write 2 inform d executives of his leave but may do it out of courtesy.

Pls let's allow the man rest in peace.
Re: What Was Yaraduas Offence To Nigerians - What Exactly Did He Do Wrong. by chidichris(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2010
yar adua committed a lot of capital offences and they include;
1. he believed in the rule of law against the belief of the devil that gave him power
2. he gave the constitution more powers than the godfathers and the cabals
3. he slowed down the looting madness that characterised the past administration hence he offended chronic looters
4. he wanted to institutionalize efcc and the likes instead of the personalization on which it was built on.
5. he was more democartic than the pdp

these and a few other crimes were the faults of yar adua which pdp and their criminal leaders could not cope with.

1 Like

Re: What Was Yaraduas Offence To Nigerians - What Exactly Did He Do Wrong. by marvix(m): 9:33am On May 07, 2010
@Chidichris u are so right but in death can't they just leave him alone.
Institutionalisin agencies of govt nd bein democratic were his greatest offences because Nigerians don't believe in dat, they prefer 2 hav a ribadu define wat anticorruption is they want a president that believes dat he alone knows it all.

In my opinion Umaru Musa Yaradua is the greatest leader so far in our history.

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerias, Separate And Unequal / Ondo: Be Computer-literate Or Resign, Mimiko Tells Civil Servants / N12 Billion Scam - Efcc Discovers Rivers State’s Officials’ Hideout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.