Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production (13193 Views)

Imota Rice Mill: Lagos To Train And Empower Farmers In Rice Production / Ogun State Begins Dry Season Harvest In Youth Rice Production Project / Guinea Seeks Nigeria’s Support In Rice Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by Makins2rue: 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
How about Niger and Chad
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by smirn(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
allstarfestus:
And some people are still defending these government.... What a shame.... , blame. G e j... Blame p d p... Blame, t y danjuma, blame,, o b. J... Blame foreign country, ....blame blame,,, which way naija
Does the blame as you claimed against the fact that 60% of rice consumed in Nigeria today are produced locally. Is it the issue of Benin and Cameron only you saw in the post? Useless country with so many useless people.
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by smirn(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
scaramucci:
And the blame game goes international. Warning! Do not reinforce failure by re electing this government.
Which government didn't fail Nigerian?
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by smirn(m): 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
RisingWars:
You stop Thailand from exporting directly to Nigeria but your fictional rice mills can't meet local demand. So Thailand decides to increase the quantity of rice it had hitherto been smuggling through Benin and Cameron. Whether directly or indirectly, Thailand's rice is the reason Nigeria is not embroiled in a food crises at the moment.
You keep misinforming gullible Nigerians like you. FG did not ban rice importation from Thailand. Government only stopped rice importation through land boarders in a bid to discourage smuggling and unchecked practices. You can always import Rice through the sea port and pay all required dues .
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by dfrost: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
Tracypacy:

Harka Airline fa?

Bros you don old ooh. Jeez!!! cheesy shocked grin tongue
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by nokingasgod: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
SternProphet:

What kind of rubbish post is This?

EVERYTHING you are saying the Federal Government should have done they did. EXACTLY.
The special equipment for the NCS was on Channels TV about two months ago. It was on the agenda of a special FEC meeting.
Why is it a practice in Nigeria to always make 1+ 1=2 statements?.
What new knowledge have you added now?
The media campaign is just one issue and it will work. Nigerian rice is actually more nutritious than foreign rice.
The Navy is already involved against smuggling from the Cameroon end. The Nigerian Customs Service may remove many officers because of rice smuggling alone and there might be confiscation of smuggled rice in stores.
Please note that Nigeria did NOT ban foreign rice. They merely increased duties to protect farmers and Miller's.

oh really, they have done that? Bravo Mr Mouthpiece of Lai Mohammed, why then the outcry?

Read the thrashy comments you made on my post and tell me one reasonable thing you said.
1+1=2 is basic, its sacrosanct, its the truth expect with some dubious people like you. According to you, the FEC just discussed about equipping the NCS only 2 months ago. So in effect, at least in the last 2 years the NCS have been incapacitated and cannot function effectively.

Nigerian Navy was also redeployed at Cameroon border to tackle smuggling. And to you Mr LaiMohammed's apologist, those 2 alone didnt tell you that government have not done their homework properly and cannot blame neighbouring countries for their failure. Have you ever heard about diplomatic maneuvering? If Nigeria cannot wield enough diplomatic influence on countries like Benin and Cameroon and resorted to cheap blackmails on those countries then, big shame on all of us and bigger shame on you blind apologists of failure.

By the way, this government has expended our money to execute a number of media campaigns some of which are; Anti Boko Haram Campaign, Change Begins with me Campaign. Now tell me Mr Mouthpiece, what are the effects of those 2 campaigns, have the objectives been met?

Answer these questions and lets take it from there. And by the way, do you think spending scarce resources on a media campaign for consumption of locally produced rice is the answer to the problem?
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by ajl: 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2018
bjayx:
All they do is blames
I ain't reading shiiit

Am sorry for all you folks. The government is making effort to sensitive the citizens on the need to support a game changing agro program. One that will free up more funds to invest in other parts of the economy. And you all are sounding as if you are foreigners in your own land. Nigerians could be pathetic. They'll rather be slaves than do things that make them stand on their feet. The White people will say an average Black man cannot delay gratification in order to ensure a bigger future benefit. Here is one case.

1 Like

Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by khalhokage(m): 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
SternProphet:

So if you are a PDP supporter you probably don't follow up on things.
So this is what is up, let me explain elementarily ; Nigeria raised tariffs (that is import duties, ...wey dem dey pay for port or even before load come..before dem dey do clearing ) *it is important to explain carefully to dumb Nigerian youths these days *
Anyway, immediately Nigeria raised duties, Cameroon and Benin Republic lowered their own import duties and started allowing the exact volume that Nigeria restricted into their own country ...just target income to be made within their local economy on smuggling into Nigeria. It is possible Nigerian business men bribed officials in those countries or the Thai government is doing it.

The FG has trained and given heavy loans to anchor borrower farmers who are doing well in rice production. If imported rice is smuggled in through the borders, the farmers will lose the market and default on the loans. It will affect the Nigerian economy. So the FG has to fight it. I think even at the threat of destroying the two economies, Benin and Cameroon, Nigeria has to stop the rice smuggling. Currently there is more rice in Benin Republic than the population of people they are waiting for smuggling routes to open

lol, so if I don't support APC's shoddy government I'm not only a PDP supporter I'm also dumb?

You could have passed your message across without being a condescending buffoon but that'd be too much for you apparently.

P.S: I don't support PDP or APC, i support GOOD GOVERNANCE , I may be dumb but I'm not dumb enough to play party politics.

1 Like

Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by bjayx: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
ajl:

Am sorry for all you folks. The government is making effort to sensitive the citizens on the need to support a game changing agro program. One that will free up more funds to invest in other parts of the economy. And you all are sounding as if you are foreigners in your own land. Nigerians could be pathetic. They'll rather be slaves than do things that make them stand on their feet. The White people will say an average Black man cannot delay gratification in order to ensure a bigger future benefit. Here is one case.
Sorry for Urself n Ur people. Never U quote me to say DAT shiiit.
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by matrixme(m): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
Tyche:
What about those Thailand Rice Mill we collapsed?
or more like the Thai Minister of Agriculture that came crying in Lie Mohammed's office the other day that our local rice policy has destroyed their country's export base?
Idiotas. When last did we see a commercial on why the citizens should prefer eating local rice if not this false propaganda and wooden framed local rice pyramids that the APC led administration is building up and down? I thought they came up with one Nigerian patriotism slogan like that when they newly came but were overwhelmed with inefficiency to actually follow it through. We are waiting for you with our voters card come 2019.
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by ikept(m): 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
They'll soon blame the whole Africa.... In fact, where's AKON? Our govt is looking for u o. come and collect that blame wey u de find. grin
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by friendlyenemy: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
Come along and click the signature if you wanna get first class free tutorials and tools that matches all kind of hustle..... If you know you know.
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by Axis313(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
omowolewa:
Blames now being exported.

Why not include France and Thailand
They are tired of blaming the past regimes,it's now the turn of the neighboring countries,very soon Niger and Chad will be the recipients of their blame.
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by RisingWars: 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
smirn:

You keep misinforming gullible Nigerians like you. FG did not ban rice importation from Thailand. Government only stopped rice importation through land boarders in a bid to discourage smuggling and unchecked practices. You can always import Rice through the sea port and pay all required dues .

You call me gullible but actually you are the gullible and ill-informed one. You are part of the problem with Nigeria. You and your kind promotes ineptitude and mediocrity for crumbs from your masters table. You are a filthy dog.
Speak only what you know and not what the squashed maggot in your head you call a brain feeds you.

https://agronigeria.com.ng/nigeria-cuts-down-rice-imports-thailand/

https://guardian.ng/news/rice-importation-from-thailand-has-dropped-by-91-per-cent/amp/
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by hooohaaa: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
4kDdullard:
This is the only thing these criminals have achieved in 3 years
Thank God. you have acknowledged it. What did your man GEJ achieve? Blowing our treasury away.
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by hero2000: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
I just wonder who these early commenters are! Many don't read the post at all. They just mess the thread with preconceived views.

Is it not sensible to patronize grown in Nigeria rice rather than imported ones?
Re: FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production by 4kDdullard: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
hooohaaa:

Thank God. you have acknowledged it. What did your man GEJ achieve? Blowing our treasury away.
Excuse me please! I don't buttlick politicians.
If you go through the history of my posts here it will interest you to know that I don't worship politicians.
Jonathan's failure ushered in a monumental, serial and award winning international failure, who has taken failure to a new level and has also given failure a new definition.
Godwilling, I have an assignment to assist other Nigerians send the disaster back to his Daura shithole come 2019. Zombies and fools can go back with him to Daura if they really love him but Nigeria must move forward, it is too sophisticated for an illiterate with an analog brain to continue to destroy.

It would be foolhardy for Nigerians to reinforce failure by re-electing an ineffective and incompetent government in 2019.-------Olusegun Obasanjo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. / 5 WEEKS OLD BROILERS WHAT DO U THINK. PHOTOS / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.