Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

"Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed (27540 Views)

Kabir Bala 'OKWO' Shot Dead Hours After Kogi Govt Revoked His Pardon / #JusticeForRinji: Soldiers Shoot Rinji Peter Bala, UNIJOS Student Dead (Graphic) / Malam Niga’s Rehabilitation Centre Kaduna: 147 Victims Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by obstead200(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
oyetunder:
angryIgbos will come here now and be boasting...because they are yet to know that this accusation shall soon be an excuse to massacre them in the North. Igbos are yet to know that being bold is not about using a machete to scratch the floor.
unfortunately u are very correct.
In fact any wise reader of that piece will perceive that the main goal is tribal profiling, with an objective to breed hate and start a conflict.

In saner climes, that lecturer will be strongly reprimanded by the university and forced to retract his words. His main goal is to preach more hate against the igbos. He only made a weak attempt to disguise his hate speech as a research finding.
Idiot

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by winj3: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
If they can poison 50 Indonesians daily in a country with the death penalty for drugs Nigeria is childsplay for these animals.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
Blue3k:
Yeah yeah stop crying yo me about your junkie kids. I know they lack self discipline. You people want to cry victim when you went looking for the dealer. The supplier more harmful because they can be dangerous and they're making untaxed income.

Anyway one simple thing you guys should do after your done whinning is improve regulations. The medicine should be sold over counter. They should only give it out with prescription. The junkies inhabiting yiur street get them rehab. That way everyone has harder time getting codeine crazythe illegal drugs that's annother story.

No, the best solution should be death sentence for any pusher like they do in Thailand etc, that way we'd get rid of all these unwanted developers off our streets.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by bejeria101(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
See this cow! The drug drama in north na today e start? Isnt it what you people use to empower your youths? Ode oshi
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by 0monnak0da: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You are not informed. We all know that people go to buy cough syrup which contains Codiene.

Nobody goes to buy Codiene for treatment of cough and no medical practitioners will prescribe Codiene or any other content found in the cough syrup rather they will prescribe a cough syrup for you to treat the cough.

You are daft but you do not know. Yes we know the law is not always enforced . But sometimes it is!

In terminal care i.e care of the people with a very short time left to live for whaetever reason codeine or morphine is somemes used for intractable coughs. It is not ROUTINE treatment for cough anywhere and that is why codeine containing syrups cannot lawfully be procured in Nigeria without first seeing a doctor and then the drug may only be handed over to the end user(or LAWFUL representive or delegate. A record of both transactions must be kept and available for Inspection to NAFDAC or other lawful bodies of government as directed by LAW. Records should include Manufacturer of the drug batch number, Name and address(particulars) of Doctor Pharmacist and Prescribee

It is not a discusssion it is the LAW in Nigeria with prescibed penalties for violators. It would not be a defence that "But that Christian Man did the same thing last year or that APC Alhaji did the same thing and was made Minister"
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by obstead200(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
Seun360:
Its time for Arewa youths to stand up to defend their lands from those unscrupulous igbos.
I said it!!!!
One brainless idiot on nairaland will see that malam speech as a call to violence.
Congrats!!!! U are the one
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Bede2u(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
maasoap:

They are not victims of hard drugs, they are victims of fake China products and other substandard products and they are not victims of guns violence? Remember that you proudly listed all these as what you are pushing into our society.
You are a victim too, your family members are victims too and igbo race are victims too.
we are no victims. Simple.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by wingmanII: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is purely a hate speech.
This lecturer should be arrested immediately and prosecuted.
This is how it starts, the death of any misguided northern youth who overdoses will be blamed on Igbos and the consequent reprisal follows.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by obstead200(m): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

No, the best solution should be death sentence for any pusher like they do in Thailand etc, that way we'd get rid of all these unwanted developers off our streets.
NO na!!! Why not get rid of them by granting them there own country and forbiding them from entering urs?
We know u are dumb, but must u show it always?
I believe that man is ur lecturer. Reason why u lost ur ability for logical reasoning. My sympathies bro. May Allah restore ur senses.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by oyetunder(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2018
engrchykae:
in your little mind,you have made sense.
Massacre ko massage ni
like I predicted, one trader who is a product of evening classes cannot decode my submission. the roadside trader is here trying to insult me...my sin is that im trying to warn against using this false accusation as an excuse to kill the Igbos in the North again.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Blue3k(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2018
Write your reps about it. Just remember to solve demand problem those kids still need rehab. They'll still be looking for the drugs.

ItsMeAboki:

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Coolgent(m): 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
Bitter truth!
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by wingmanII: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
Elliot2:
I don't know why the igbo here are antagonising the man for this open truth that their brothers are the major suppliers of drugs to the north,therefore causing the epidemic. This attitude of "them against us" is becoming disgusting. I can remember my nysc days in kogi stay,where I served had the Igbo's exclusively as owners of all shops and supermarkets. You need to see how both the old and young drink to stupor from the dry gins supplied by those guys. They don't care about the effect those things have on the consumers,all they care is the profit. It is very bad,and when drug enforcers go after them no body should say "victimization".

Your undisguised hatred for Igbos will not let you reason properly.
Is codeine not sold in the South? Is codeine now classified as illicit hard drug?
Northern cattle/goat sellers should also be blamed for high cholesterol/hypertension epidemic in the South, after all red meat consumption causes both.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nothing but the truth.

After the war, the ibos decided to undo the north, south-south and the SW with fake drugs and sub-standard products to avenge their defeat.
Late Dr. Dora Akuyili knew of the scourge and decided to fight it but the ibos hounded her out of this life after many failed assassination attempts.
The truth are beginning to manifest.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by petenweke: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2018
Just listen to the calibre of illiterate the Northern education system is producing.
Just the typical APC thinking blame others but yourself for any misfortune that befalls you.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
wingmanII:

Your undisguised hatred for Igbos will not let you reason properly.
Is codeine not sold in the South? Is codeine now classified as illicit hard drug?
Northern cattle/goat sellers should also be blamed for high cholesterol/hypertension epidemic in the South, after all red meat consumption causes both.
Yes! I hate any Igbo who involves in illicit business,likewise any person from any tribe. And yes,if it becomes and epidemic it is only natural that we stop read meat supply. if u were not biased,u would accept that there is no need for sentiments,that the Igbo's are the major suppliers of the aforementioned drugs. that is not a secret.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by TheKingIsHere: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
0monnak0da:

You are daft but you do not know. Yes we know the law is not always enforced . But sometimes it is!

In terminal care i.e care of the people with a very short time left to live for whaetever reason codeine or morphine is somemes used for intractable coughs. It is not ROUTINE treatment for cough anywhere and that is why codeine containing syrups cannot lawfully be procured in Nigeria without first seeing a doctor and then the drug may only be handed over to the end user(or LAWFUL representive or delegate. A record of both transactions must be kept and available for Inspection to NAFDAC or other lawful bodies of government as directed by LAW. Records should include Manufacturer of the drug batch number, Name and address(particulars) of Doctor Pharmacist and Prescribee

It is not a discusssion it is the LAW in Nigeria with prescibed penalties for violators. It would not be a defence that "But that Christian Man did the same thing last year or that APC Alhaji did the same thing and was made Minister"

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

Someone has already provided a picture showing common cough drugs being sold in local stores in the UK. Theses are basic drugs that do not even need prescription from doctors(a pharmacist can give you one). If it were not so there would have been clamp down on people selling cough syrup in Nigeria.

However, It is obvious you want to rigmarole and argue foolishly.

I don't have the time to educate your foolish self. Like I have said, google is your friend, use it.

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by wingmanII: 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2018
Elliot2:
Yes! I hate any Igbo who involves in illicit business,likewise any person from any tribe. And yes,if it becomes and epidemic it is only natural that we stop read meat supply. if u were not biased,u would accept that there is no need for sentiments,that the Igbo's are the major suppliers of the aforementioned drugs. that is not a secret.
Sorry, I should not have responded to an animal. What is illicit about codeine??
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Ake1: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
So who make ALMAJIRI in every street in North?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by ApexPredator: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
No self-accountability. Anyway, I can see the finish line. The end is near.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Onenaira1: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
Elliot2:
blame Azikiwe! The fact remains that those that have been arrested are major Igbo's,and you can dispute that stat. Whether the northers are unintelligent or not,it is criminal for your brothers to take advantage of them by selling substances that are easily abused by the consumers esp. hard drugs. The recent surge on prevalence in hard drug abuse among the youths in my area is due to the advent of foreigners into the community,mostly the Igbo's. it is a fact.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Codeine is an LEGAL substance found in any pharmacist supplier out there. It was made for a reason and supplied for a reason. In your incompetent mind, the blame of an abuse of a medication past what's meant for is to go to the suppliers, not the user? So if your child goes and buy cough syrups and drink it like pure water, you'll blame the person that sold it to him, not your child? Are you fucking stupid? How fucking stupid are you? Do you have any brain cells at all or have you destroyed it with substance usage as well? I will not be shocked if you're Yoruba or northern. You lots reasoning sense and stupidity are parallel to that of an illiterate.
Finally, the North have a substance abuse problem because their region is beyond poverty ridden hence their children seeks any avenue to escape from it. Hence that region, not only abuse codeine but abuse any substance that can get their hands in.
I suppose Igbos is to blame for them sniffing dog piss, petrol, Kerosene, among other things to get high?
Oh blame Everybody else except for your fucking selves.

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Ngokafor(f): 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Worldwide, the law is much harsher on the supplier than the consumer because it recognises the pusher as the corrupter of the addict.
Your bodas have been taking advantage of the vulnerability of northern youths and therefore contributing to their addiction for profit - the authorities in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India and China cannot all be wrong; your ppl are a menace when it comes to the issue of drugs - deal with it.

Your inherent problem is blaming all but yourselves for the rot and mess in your lives and region..It is you drug-addicts that turned a hitherto 'innocent' cough syrup which we all took as kids into a hard drug..

So Who supplies the glue,tyre e.t.c you sniff as well.??...Perhaps suppliers of tyres and glue should be blamed for the shameful tyre and glue-sniffing prevalent among you people..'Vulnerable' my foot!!....Go attend to your dysfunctional family system which breeds almajiris and drug junkies and quit calling Igbos..

That was how you all shamelessly blamed Southerners for bokoharam you orchestrated,nutured and kept alive.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by nagoma(m): 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Mr. Mohamed It’s not only the north please. Our brothers from the east supply the whole world with hard drugs. If you are in doubt ask the police in South Africa, Uganda, Kenya, Malaysia, China , Indonesia and visit the prison in Thailand and more.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
wingmanII:

Sorry, I should not have responded to an animal. What is illicit about codeine??
is it just codeine they mentioned in the writeup? Whether it is illicit or not,the officials have recognised the abuse of the said drugs which have grave consequences. And they are setting modalities to criminalise the sale of those drugs. so wetin u dey antagonise here? Do you want them to continue the sale so that the ignorant youths will continue indulging? I don't get! Some countries do not criminalise marijuana now,but that will not stop them tomorrow to criminalise it if there is an adverse effect on the people. u get it?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Onenaira1: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
hammer6F:

IS COUGH MEDICINE NOW PRESCRIPTION DRUG?

I MEAN, U GO TO DOCTOR BEFORE U BUY COUGH MEDICINE?

COME TELL ME THE COUNTRY WEY U DEY.

EVEN US AND AMERICA COUGH MEDICINE CAN BE BOUGHT OVER THE COUNTER.

ALL THESE NORTHER YOUTH ARE JUST COPYING LITTLE WAYNE.

Do you mind the incompetent negros. In America I dey, an age limit was included before you can purchase an over the counter cough mediation due to children abusing it. The US government didn't blame anyone, not even pharmaceutical companies that made it nor the stores that sell it nor did they ban it as is incompetent as Bleep to blame suppliers for supplying medications. Rather, they educated their children on the negativity of abusing cough syrup. Added an age limit to it so if you're not 18 and up, you'll need an adult approval. That alone significantly reduced the abuse of it. But to Niggeria, a nation filled with illiterates, rather than self-accountability, nope let's blame suppliers for selling cough syrup. Yet they Wonder why incompetence and stupidity is the daily act of your average negro in that shithole and why drug addiction is the daily act of all of them including their leaders.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by 0monnak0da: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

Someone has already provided a picture showing common cough drugs being sold in local stores in the UK. Theses are basic drugs that do not even need prescription from doctors(a pharmacist can give you one). If it were not so there would have been clamp down on people selling cough syrup in Nigeria.

However, It is obvious you want to rigmarole and argue foolishly.

I don't have the time to educate your foolish self. Like I have said, google is your friend, use it.
This thread is about the abuse of illegal drugs particularly codeine and tramadol

Codeine is NOT a synomym for cough syrup.
Cough syrups, a tiny minority, sometimes contain codeine but they rarely do and do not have to.
When they do they must be prescribed anything else is illegal.

Even then there is a maximum quantity that can legally be prescribed daily.
Any person who is found in possession without a prescription breaks the law and any person engaged in unlawful supply attracts serious penalties. Courts are at liberty to infer intent to supply from quantity recovered.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by engrchykae(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
oyetunder:
like I predicted, one trader who is a product of evening classes cannot decode my submission. the roadside trader is here trying to insult me...my sin is that im trying to warn against using this false accusation as an excuse to kill the Igbos in the North again.
an omonile like you won't understand that the igbos don't give a damn.
The igbos are even looking for such massacre so that they will prove to the world their strong reason for Biafra.
The social media is very available to do the work.
Now get lost
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
Onenaira1:

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Codeine is an LEGAL substance found in any pharmacist supplier out there. It was made for a reason and supplied for a reason. In your incompetent mind, the blame of an abuse of a medication past what's meant for is to go to the suppliers, not the user? So if your child goes and buy cough syrups and drink it like pure water, you'll blame the person that sold it to him, not your child? Are you fucking stupid? How fucking stupid are you? Do you have any brain cells at all or have you destroyed it with substance usage as well? I will not be shocked if you're Yoruba or northern. You lots reasoning sense and stupidity are parallel to that of an illiterate.
Finally, the North have a substance abuse problem because their region is beyond poverty ridden hence their children seeks any avenue to escape from it. Hence that region, not only abuse codeine but abuse any substance that can get their hands in.
I suppose Igbos is to blame for them sniffing dog piss, petrol, Kerosene, among other things to get high?
Oh blame Everybody else except for your fucking selves.
Is it not the officials that certified it legal in the first place? so those officials can rescind and make it illegal since its purpose has been defeated;moreover there are alternative drugs for cough that do not have this codeine composition. Even if the Igbo's are not responsible for the soak away sniffing and others,the aforementioned drugs like codeine and cocaine are their stock in trade,from the arrests made so far. # I am an ijaw man from bayelsa state for ur info.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Onenaira1: 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ngokafor:

Your inherent problem is blaming all but yourselves for the rot and mess in your lives and region..It is you drug-addicts that turned a hitherto 'innocent' cough syrup which we all took as kids into a hard drug..

So Who supplies the glue,tyre e.t.c you sniff as well.??...Perhaps suppliers of tyres and glue should be blamed for the shameful tyre and glue-sniffing prevalent among you people..'Vulnerable' my foot!!....Go attend to your dysfunctional family system which breeds almajiris and drug junkies and quit calling Igbos..

That was how you all shamelessly blamed Southerners for bokoharam you orchestrated,nutured and kept alive.

Their youths would soon start making meth and abusing it quote me on that anyday. Since they discovered that can get turn a medication into a hard drug, they'll copy the b whites and make it into something worse. And watch when that surface, they'll blame everybody else except themselves.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
engrchykae:
an omonile like you won't understand that the igbos don't give a damn.
The igbos are even looking for such massacre so that they will prove to the world their strong reason for Biafra.
The social media is very available to do the work.
Now get lost
nobody in the world will support your Biafra if the reason for the fight your support to fellow brothers in drug trade.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2018
hammer6F:

IS COUGH MEDICINE NOW PRESCRIPTION DRUG?

I MEAN, U GO TO DOCTOR BEFORE U BUY COUGH MEDICINE?

COME TELL ME THE COUNTRY WEY U DEY.

EVEN US AND AMERICA COUGH MEDICINE CAN BE BOUGHT OVER THE COUNTER.

ALL THESE NORTHER YOUTH ARE JUST COPYING LITTLE WAYNE.
That same america will outlaw it if there is an abuse and an adverse effect in the long run.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2018
obstead200:
NO na!!! Why not get rid of them by granting them there own country and forbiding them from entering urs?
We know u are dumb, but must u show it always?
I believe that man is ur lecturer. Reason why u lost ur ability for logical reasoning. My sympathies bro. May Allah restore ur senses.
It was ur uncle Azikiwe who made everything difficult for everyone,so stop the rant about granting u Biafra here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Killed During Fight In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Petrol Tanker Leaks In Mile 2, Lagos, Many Fight & Scoop Fuel / 39-Year-old Ghanaian Shot Dead In Toronto 3 Months After Moving To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.