Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (30858 Views)

Are Christians allowed to eat Meat Offered To Them By Muslims On Festivals. / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo / Can Christian Couple Have Sex After Traditional Marriage Ceremony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Dranqi007: 8:31am On Apr 04, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] What is white wedding? We have completely borrowed everything from these white folks why church wedding go b white wedding in the first place? That mean traditional wedding na BLACK WEDDING? #RACISM

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by beaversticks(m): 8:32am On Apr 04, 2018
Early momo.... this one weak me o
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by openmine(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2018
lol...Very funny response...
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Throwback: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2018
Is traditional marriage not the true marriage?

Church marriage is one of the other types of marriage.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
Yes because the Bible recognizes traditional marriage and not church marriage as there is nothing like church marriage in the Bible.

So once you complete your traditional marriage, she is already yours
xtainity is nothing but child play
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2018
Last quarter of last year,depression showed me shege. I shrugged it off. Still standing. Still moving. Still going forward.

When you feel it's all gonna explode in your face, mercy says no...you are meant for the top. ...

My fellow Nairalanders, I just scored another year.

Show some love grin grin

Happy birthday to every other 04/04

Thank you all

14 Likes

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by pastoradebola: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2018
As a Christian u are not allow but a.....traditional is allow if only u are not going to church......

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by blessedmeme: 8:37am On Apr 04, 2018
Yes, traditional wedding is accepted and is mandated more than any other wedding because before you go for church wedding or registry, the consent of your parents must be approved, you can't go for church wedding without your bride price been paid first, or may be you decided to omit traditional wedding and go for church wedding, I tell you, you are not married. So traditional wedding is accepted before God and man, but if your church doctrine says abstain from sex till after your church wedding so be it.

3 Likes

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by HomeOfMe(f): 8:37am On Apr 04, 2018
axcer:
GistMore.com

The question about whether religion allows couples to begin having sex after traditional marriage but before the church wedding has been debated by a number of people.

A Twitter user recently brought up the question again and someone replied with a really hilarious comment.

Read the reply below...

http://www.gistmore.com/lady-gives-hilarious-response-question-sex-marriage-church

The tradditonal marriage is the most important. Once the couple get their blessing from the two families,they're already married.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by MissRaine69(f): 8:40am On Apr 04, 2018
taylor89:
Another Bam Bam in the making

Fvcking on the roof?

What if thunder fire two of u there
If it’s thunder nothing happens
Lightening on the other hand ....now that’s a whole different story.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Pascal181: 8:40am On Apr 04, 2018
I don't know d answer but lemme go nd ask one of my frnds who just had his own
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Uguruzik(m): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2018
Traditional marriage is the most legitimate way of marriage, once you meet the traditional demand of marriage from the family of the woman you want to marry according to their culture and traditions and have the blessings of both your parents and the girl's parents, God has blessed your marriage already. The Church thing is just a way of arousing the consciousness of the couple, reminding them of the ups and downs of marriage and preparing their minds to be able to stand up and face the challenges of marriage.( During marriage courses and church teachings from the Bible)

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by oluxy(m): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2018
The only wedding scripture approved was traditional marriage. After paying the bride price, convenant is enacted.

You can go ahead to mate your wife.

White weddings are foreign traditions.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by HomeOfMe(f): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2018
Chukazu:
What sort of question is this?

Did your parents do white wedding before having sex that gave birth to you?

White wedding is not even"Biblical" to start with.

The wedding Jesus attended in the Bible at Canaan was a full traditional wedding with alcohols and Aromatic Snnapps in full... embarassed
How did you know aromatic schnapps was there?
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Shedrack777: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2018
what is marriage to you?
marriage: marriage is done and accepted for a man and woman to be living together as couples or husband and wife legally when the man pays the lady's or woman's bride price and was agreed and accepted by both families.
the moment you pay the bride price and it was accepted by her parents, you are free to go and start having children legally.
even those that do traditional marriage, church marriage and court marriage, the pay bride price/dowry during the first marriage. the other two done later were either drain the man's pocket or pleasing the wife or doing what he sees others doing
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by enemyofprogress: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2018
Na him dey sweet pass
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by AreaFada2: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2018
Africans: Confused set of people.

Traditional, church and then registry marriage. Then a lavish reception. shocked shocked

Why can't FG allow traditional marriages be simply registered in local customary courts then transfer the record to to the general registry?

The local Oba, Chief, Igwe/Obi or paramount ruler's office can sign the document returned to customary office. And be equal in law to registry marriage.

That way all marriages done properly will be legally equal.

We just complicate our lives anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by ebexy(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2018
It is usually advised that traditional wedding and Church wedding be done same day so as to allow them enjoy themselves and not fall into temptation.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2018
Zionista:
Last quarter of last year,depression showed me shege. I shrugged it off. Still standing. Still moving. Still going forward.

When you feel it's all gonna explode in your face, mercy says no...you are meant for the top. ...

My fellow Nairalanders, I just scored another year.

Show some love grin grin

Happy birthday to every other 04/04

Thank you all
I love this.
Happy birthday bro. Keep soaring.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by lordknows123: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2018
yes....next question who is the best player between RONALDO and MESSI
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by NwaJozi: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2018
lol
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by dfrost: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2018
bigclem22:
Let us get something straight that traditional marriage makes u couples and

It all depends. If there is a handover, then it is validated. Some cultures do engagement, some do it two times. It all depends, The law recognises that for customary marriage to be valid, there should be a handover.

@op, it is known as customary marriage.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by dfrost: 8:48am On Apr 04, 2018
AreaFada2:
Africans: Confused set of people.

Traditional, church and then registry marriage. Then a lavish reception. shocked shocked
Why can't FG allow traditional marriages be simply registered in local customary courts then transfer the record to to the general registry?
The local Oba, Chief, Igwe/Obi or paramount ruler's office can sign the document returned to customary office. And be equal in law to registry marriage.
That way all marriages done properly will be legally equal.
We just complicate our lives anyhow.

I think it has to do with the individuals, not the government. The law recognises all types of marriage. It is Nigerians that like complicating their lifestyle all in a bid to intimidate or prove nothing.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Brinxs(m): 8:49am On Apr 04, 2018
who is stopping them
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by kolaish(m): 8:49am On Apr 04, 2018
bigclem22:
Let us get something straight that traditional marriage makes u couples and u are free to have sex wenever and wherever, white wedding is a borrowed practice from our colonial masters. U can do without white wedding but u can't do without traditional marriage. Shikena
THANK YOU. THE REAL WEDDING IS SIMPLY WHEN THE FAMILY OF THE LADY IN QUESTION IS FORMALLY HANDED OVER TO A MAN OR HIS REPRESENTATIVES (FAMILY) FOR THE PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE. EVERY OTHER ONE IS JARA (EXTRA).

AN EXAMPLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN REBEKAH WAS HANDED OVER TO THE SERVANT OF ABRAHAM IN MARRIAGE TO ISAAC - GEN 24: 59

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by banio: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2018
Chukazu:
What sort of question is this?

Did your parents do white wedding before having sex that gave birth to you?

White wedding is not even"Biblical" to start with.

The wedding Jesus attended in the Bible at Canaan was a full traditional wedding with alcohols and Aromatic Snnapps in full... embarassed

Correct guy
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2018
IamZod:

I love this.
Happy birthday bro. Keep soaring.

Thank you my brother

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2018
All this over religious people sef.
Once you've done your traditional wedding. You are already married by custom.

The church wedding is just an added event done by Christians.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2018
felzylix:

let somebody help me with that Na So meme
Your problem is that you are religious.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by frankpro27(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2018
I blv u can ve sex after paying d bride price. Traditional marriage Nd wedding ar just formalities.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by BruncleZuma: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2018
Yes...
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by fferanmi(m): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2018
Earthbound:
Twitter is now church abi OP? Your matter na later.

Traditional wedding, then church wedding is the highest level of double standards.
Explain oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.