Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Life Is More Meaningless With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Is More Meaningless With God (11481 Views)

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Is More Meaningless With God by superhumanist(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2018
Many christians claim that they have purposeful lives unlike atheists who have to admit that life has no meaning. This is very false as it is in fact true that life is more meaningless with God

There are 4 ways to make this argument;

1) God himself is meaningless
Which christian God gives your life meaning? Is it the Jehovah's witness's God that hates blood transfusions and organ donations? Is it the anglican church's (Church of England) God that now allows gay marriage? Is it the Seraphim and Cherubim God that loves people being barefoot? Is it the Catholic Church's God that has now stopped sending people to purgatory or forgives sins through reverend fathers' penance?Is it the pentecostal God that needs your tithes every month?

Nobody has heard from God since the time of Jesus. No one truly knows what God is. Is God a spirit or an alien? So how do you even know what his purpose is for you?

2) God works in mysterious ways we do not understand and his purpose doesn't not rhyme with human purpose
Why should your purpose not be like Judas's own? God in the form of Jesus had already predestined Judas to be a backstabber. Why should you purpose be a sensible or noble one?

Why should your purpose not be like Pharoah's own? To enslave a people and perish due to your hardened hearts desire?
Why should your purpose not be like Job's own? To suffer and loose everything before you prosper?
Why should your purpose not be like Samson's own? To be betrayed by your bae and then kill yourself and others in revenge?

Why should God give you a sensible purpose?

3) Heaven itself has no purpose and it makes life earth meaningless
First, if you have an afterlife that is eternal bliss, what then is the purpose of living on earth? Life on earth becomes a meaningless vessel. A temporary life until the real one starts in heaven. The best one can actually hope for is to die young so as to get to heaven quicker. Why waste time on earth where the body withers and suffers? What really is the need for a long and fulfilling life on earth when eternal glory awaits in heaven. But then......

When you now reach heaven, what would you do for the rest of eternity? If you havent forgotten, it is time that gives our lives meaning. When your time is limited, you make the best use of it. If you have forever to do something, why rush? You can wait 200,000 years before you learn a new language. No rush. Vampire movies explain this problem very well- the vampires become bored and go for long hibernation after spending 100's of years learning everything.

4) Time destroys all purpose
The way God was worshipped during Jesus's time was different. Slavery was accepted (remember that Onesimus was a slave which apostle paul returned to his master), women were advised to keep silent in church. Things have changed. Whatever purpose you achieve on earth would either be forgotten or distorted in a 1000 years. No single message from a 1000 years ago has remained untampered and clear. The bible itself has been remixed so many times and so many versions have been made. To quote Ser Davos from game of thrones "nothing bleeps you harder than time"

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2018

IT'S TRUE, THAT ALL OF US SINNERS WILL BURN FOR ETERNITY IN HELL WHEN WE DIE.
I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THAT, IT'LL BE ME SUFFERING FOR ALL MY WRONG DOINGS WHILE ON THIS EARTH.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LITTLE CHILDREN WHO LIE AND STEAL (THEY'RE NOT EVEN AWARE THOSE THINGS ARE VERY WRONG)?
WHAT ABOUT BABIES WHO'RE BORN WITH THE ORIGINAL SIN OF ADAM & EVE?

WHEN THESE CHILDREN DIE I'M SURE THEY'LL ALL JOIN ME IN HELL, AND SINCE PEOPLE DON'T AGE OR DIE AGAIN IN THE AFTERLIFE, THEY'LL BE BURNING AND SUFFERING FOR ETERNITY AS KIDS.

NO BREAKS FOR THEM TO GET A DIAPER CHANGE, OR LUNCH BREAKS WHATSOEVER.... JUST, STEADY ANGUISH AND SORROW FOR ALL OF US SINNERS, INCLUDING BABIES AND 4 YEAR OLDS WHO DIED IN A BOMB BLAST, AND 5 YEAR OLD GIRLS WHO WERE KILLED AFTER BEING MOLESTED.

SEEMS LIKE A VERY LEGIT PLAN BY A LOVING GOD WHO MADE ALL THINGS. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by dukeprince50: 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
That no3

There are only few who knows that religions is a scam, There is no supreme dirty, religion was created to make people live a peaceful life by putting fear in them, little did they know that creating more than 1 religion could be problematic.

When things happen, its just coincidence, not because you are a Xtian or Muslim.

Those that take Xtianity too far are nothing different from our fathers who believed and worshipped demi gods.

but without religion, the world would have been worse than this. The Xtians, Muslims etc are nice and peaceful. Leah shibiru story should tell you that God does not exist
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Butterflyleo: 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
superhumanist [s:
post=66409218]Many christians claim that they have purposeful lives unlike atheists who have to admit that life has no meaning. This is very false as it is in fact true that life is more meaningless with God

There are 4 ways to make this argument;

1) God himself is meaningless
Which christian God gives your life meaning? Is it the Jehovah's witness's God that hates blood transfusions and organ donations? Is it the anglican church's (Church of England) God that now allows gay marriage? Is it the Seraphim and Cherubim God that loves people being barefoot? Is it the Catholic Church's God that has now stopped sending people to purgatory or forgives sins through reverend fathers' penance?Is it the pentecostal God that needs your tithes every month?

Nobody has heard from God since the time of Jesus. No one truly knows what God is. Is God a spirit or an alien? So how do you even know what his purpose is for you?

2) God works in mysterious ways we do not understand and his purpose doesn't not rhyme with human purpose
Why should your purpose not be like Judas's own? God in the form of Jesus had already predestined Judas to be a backstabber. Why should you purpose be a sensible or noble one?

Why should your purpose not be like Pharoah's own? To enslave a people and perish due to your hardened hearts desire?
Why should your purpose not be like Job's own? To suffer and loose everything before you prosper?
Why should your purpose not be like Samson's own? To be betrayed by your bae and then kill yourself and others in revenge?

Why should God give you a sensible purpose?

3) Heaven itself has no purpose and it makes life earth meaningless
First, if you have an afterlife that is eternal bliss, what then is the purpose of living on earth? Life on earth becomes a meaningless vessel. A temporary life until the real one starts in heaven. The best one can actually hope for is to die young so as to get to heaven quicker. Why waste time on earth where the body withers and suffers? What really is the need for a long and fulfilling life on earth when eternal glory awaits in heaven. But then......

When you now reach heaven, what would you do for the rest of eternity? If you havent forgotten, it is time that gives our lives meaning. When your time is limited, you make the best use of it. If you have forever to do something, why rush? You can wait 200,000 years before you learn a new language. No rush. Vampire movies explain this problem very well- the vampires become bored and go for long hibernation after spending 100's of years learning everything.

4) Time destroys all purpose
The way God was worshipped during Jesus's time was different. Slavery was accepted (remember that Onesimus was a slave which apostle paul returned to his master), women were advised to keep silent in church. Things have changed. Whatever purpose you achieve on earth would either be forgotten or distorted in a 1000 years. No single message from a 1000 years ago has remained untampered and clear. The bible itself has been remixed so many times and so many versions have been made. To quote Ser Davos from game of thrones "nothing bleeps you harder than time[/s]

Small boy you open the most ridiculous threads known to man. However a certain renowned atheist named Bertrand Russell disagrees with you. He was a British philosopher, logician, mathematician, historian, writer, social critic, political activist and Nobel laureate. He was more exposed and more experienced than you are and ever will be and he said thus

[b]
Unless you assume a God, the question of life's purpose is meaningless.
Bertrand Russell, Atheist.

You an ordinary super humanist thinks you know something. Mtcheeew swerve.

1 Like

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by obisco4u: 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
Very meaningless indeed.

How can a man just die on the cross and it automatically translates to the world being saved? Did his death suddenly make everyone automatically qualified for heaven or a better life? If it did not, which is obvious, then it was a suicide mission.

1 Like

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by budaatum: 1:32am On Apr 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

a certain renowned atheist named Bertrand Russell disagrees with you. He was a British philosopher, logician, mathematician, historian, writer, social critic, political activist and Nobel laureate. He was more exposed and more experienced than you are and ever will be and he said thus.

Bertrand Russell (mis)Quote?

I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. The pastor at the church I attend is starting a series on "The Purpose Driven Life" based on a book by Rick Warren.

http://www.zondervanchurchsource.com...SBN=0310205719

During the lecture he quoted Bertrand Russell as saying,
"Unless you assume a god, the question of life�s purpose is
meaningless."

This doesn't seem to be one of Bertrand's more famous quotes
since I can't seem to find it anywhere except on other
Christian websites that are promoting the Purpose Driven
Series...and these sites only note that Bertrand Russell
(atheist) said it...kind of trying to point out that "Hey, if
an atheist can see there is no purpose without god, why can't
you fellow christians?".

I suspect that the quote is taken out of context but I can't
find what book or article the quote is taken from.

Could you give me the reference it is from and I will look it
up and read it in context.

Thanks
K. Locke
I too Pirate Flag you on this!

Could you give me the reference it is from and I will look it up and read it in context.

2 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by budaatum: 1:41am On Apr 04, 2018
Also:

Anybody want to help me research a quote? I received this email:

would you be able to tell me where CHristians are getting this quote by Bertrand Russell "Unless you assume a God, the question of life's purpose is meaningless."

Thanks... can't find it.

--

I replied:

I can't seem to find an original source for this quote. I searched Google for both sites and newsgroups that might shed light on this quote. I couldn't come up with anything. The next time you hear the quote, you might want to challenge the poster to come up with an original source for it. If they can't do it, then point out that they're just repeating a quote they heard from someone else, and for all they know it might have been made up.

On the other hand, there's some valuable discussion you can read if you go to this link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=M9aIa.983996%24OV.1088345%40rwcrnsc54

Bertrand Russell says that the QUESTION is meaningless, which is not the same as saying that LIFE is meaningless. Russell believed that the meaning of life was given by the person who lives it. I agree with him.

Hope that helps a bit. If you learn anything else, please let me know.

--

Anyone have anything to add to this?
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by superhumanist(m): 7:01am On Apr 04, 2018
obisco4u:
Very meaningless indeed.

How can a man just die on the cross and it automatically translates to the world being saved? Did his death suddenly make everyone automatically qualified for heaven or a better life? If it did not, which is obvious, then it was a suicide mission.

Jesus's purpose was also meaningless. His suicidal death did not change human behaviour one bit- people went on being people. It didn't stop people from sinning. In fact, majority of human beings are not Christians. 7 billion people and only about 2 billion are Christians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Neurotika: 7:11am On Apr 04, 2018
A man wandered round the place healing people, feeding 5000 with a plate of fish, raising people and himself from the dead, yet even the Jews that lived with him still doesn't acknowledge these stories. No concrete evidence of those great things in the places he was said to live for over 30 years. But since a book said I should believe without questioning, then my brain can just take a back seat. Interesting world....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CuteMadridista: 8:09am On Apr 04, 2018
If anything, the existence of a god that interferes and has a ready-made "plan" for a mortal's life would negate purpose and meaning. IMO, one must have agency to choose and fulfil a goal oneself, and that's pretty hard to do if there's some super-powered meddler pulling your strings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2018
Christians are the most confused folks on earth. I wonder sometimes if they read their bible or if they read it without putting their thinking cap on.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-11 New International Version (NIV)

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

14 I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless--like chasing the wind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CuteMadridista: 8:14am On Apr 04, 2018
Neurotika:
A man wandered round the place healing people, feeding 5000 with a plate of fish, raising people and himself from the dead, yet even the Jews that lived with him still doesn't acknowledge these stories. No concrete evidence of those great things in the places he was said to live for over 30 years. But since a book said I should believe without questioning, then my brain can just take a back seat. Interesting world....

The Jews themselves don't believe any of that nonsense but a Nigerian read a book and concluded the Jews are wrong then started hallucinating and seeing images of Jesus in the dream. image that happens to be image of an actor who played Jesus

Nigerians serve a god that resides in Israel and likes mount Horeb while they fervently wait and hope for "New Jerusalem". The book they believe in so much wasn't written by them to them or for them. those that wrote it didn't give a rat's ass behind about a small location off the coast of west Africa

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:16am On Apr 04, 2018
Christians are the most confused folks on earth. I wonder sometimes if they read their bible or if they read it without putting their thinking cap on.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-14 New International Version (NIV)

says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
there they return again.
more than one can say.
will not be remembered
12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13 I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom
all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy
burden God has laid on mankind!

14 I observed everything going on under the sun, and
really, it is all meaningless--like chasing the wind.

David is a great philosopher. Even if I am not a Christian, I still read some of his thoughts in Ecclesiastes and Proverb. The philosophy are rich and full of wisdom. The particular quoted verse ends the whole bullshiit any Christian will say. Life, with of without God is meaningless except for how one define it. Bible says, it is vanity upon vanity.
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CuteMadridista: 8:18am On Apr 04, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
there they return again.
more than one can say.
will not be remembered

14 I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless--like chasing the wind.

You don't understand the context, pray to the Hole-ly spirit to open your eyes to the meaning of that passage

OR "meaningless" is a bad translation of the Hebrew word @&£&@+£- so don't read bible literally

OR Solomon was just giving his own opinion, those verses aren't from god himself but from Solomon. although we quote the verses of ecclesiastis like its god's opinion when it's convenient

doG bless you

4 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You don't understand the context, pray to the Hole-ly spirit to open your eyes to the meaning of that passage

OR "meaningless" is a bad translation of the Hebrew word @&£&@+£- so don't read bible literally

OR Solomon was just giving his own opinion, those verses aren't from god himself but from Solomon. although we quote the verses of ecclesiastis like its god's opinion when it's convenient

doG bless you

grin grin grin
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:32am On Apr 04, 2018
superhumanist:

Jesus's purpose was also meaningless. His suicidal death did not change human behaviour one bit- people went on being people. It didn't stop people from sinning. In fact, majority of human beings are not Christians. 7 billion people and only about 2 billion are Christians.

1 Corinthians 15:14-19 New International Version (NIV)

14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.

15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.

16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.

17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Paul was not convinced Jesus died or resurrected. He somewhat think his faith and hope is in vain and only hanging on a tiny rope called faith. Our Nigerian brother are chasing a criminal who was killed in faraway land for blasphemy and calling himself son of God. A coward son of God that couldn't take Satan head on since 6000yrs. It is 2000yrs after he died and Satam is still running the affair of fhe same world. What did he die for then?

I sometime wonder. The wages of sin is death. Jesus died for our sin.....that mean our sin have besn removed. Why then do we still die? It simply mean he didn't die and the whole story was concocted

2 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by dalaman: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2018
CuteMadridista:

doG bless you

The original Hebrew word there was supposed to mean meaningful but the English translation got it wrong.
Anyway that is the old testament and Jesus has nothing to do with that. grin
Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:13am On Apr 04, 2018
dukeprince50:
That no3

There are only few who knows that religions is a scam, There is no supreme dirty, religion was created to make people live a peaceful life by putting fear in them, little did they know that creating more than 1 religion could be problematic.

When things happen, its just coincidence, not because you are a Xtian or Muslim.

Those that take Xtianity too far are nothing different from our fathers who believed and worshipped demi gods.

but without religion, the world would have been worse than this.
The Xtians, Muslims etc are nice and peaceful. Leah shibiru story should tell you that God does not exist

LAW BRO, LAW.

WITH ALL THE RELIGION IN NIGERIA CAN YOU COMPARE OUR CRIME RATE TO PLACES LIKE HOLLAND WITH ALMOST ZERO CRIME RATES? THEY ARE FAST CONVERTING THEIR PRISONS TO BAKERIES AND SCHOOLS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO PRISONERS IN THEM.

WHAT WE NEED IS LAW, AND ENFORCEMENT.

NOT THREATS OF HELL FOR CRIMES, WHICH USUALLY BECOMES INVALID ONCE THE CRIMINAL ASKS FOR GOD'S MERCY AND REPENT.

WITH RELIGION, I'LL BOMB THE WHOLE WORLD AND STILL MAKE HEAVEN SO LONG AS I PRAY FOR PARDON AT THE LAST MINUTE.

WITH RULES AND REGULATIONS, I'LL BE APPREHENDED AND PROSECUTED BEFORE I FINISH WITH MY STREET.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by obisco4u: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2018
superhumanist:

Exactly! He died somewhere in the Middle East and then by some crazy means, someone in Africa or Asia is saved? in addition, Christains claim that his so called death and resurrection sets them free from sin. Yet all of them in their billions still struggle with sin everyday. How does it make sense?

5 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2018
Neurotika:

ONE MAN WAS ABLE TO TALK TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE (MULTITUDE) WITHOUT A SOUND SYSTEM.... AND EVERYONE COULD HEAR HIM AT ONCE.

EITHER THE STORY IS FALSE, OR THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO COUNT PROPERLY, OR THE HUMANS OF THAT TIME CAME WITH INBUILT AMPLIFIERS IN THEIR THROATS.

3 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:26am On Apr 04, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
there they return again.
more than one can say.
will not be remembered

TELL ME WHY YOU THINK THAT MANY BOOKS ARE MISSING FROM MOST OF THESE NEWLY EDITED BIBLES? CHRISTIANS DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS BECAUSE THEY'VE NEVER READ THE HOLY BOOK.

ECCLESIASTES, BEL, TOBIT, AND MANY MORE BOOKS IN MY BIBLE BACK THEN IN 2011 ARE MISSING IN MANY VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE THESE DAYS...

1 Like

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Neurotika: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ONE MAN WAS ABLE TO TALK TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE (MULTITUDE) WITHOUT A SOUND SYSTEM.... AND EVERYONE COULD HEAR HIM AT ONCE.

EITHER THE STORY IS FALSE, OR THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO COUNT PROPERLY, OR THE HUMANS OF THAT TIME CAME WITH INBUILT AMPLIFIERS IN THEIR THROATS.

How the bible hasn't been declared a children book of mythical stories still baffles me. Almost all the accounts of Jesus miracles were always witnessed by 'his disciples' or by anonymous people in anonymous events with no historical significance/proof.

Transfiguration had just three people present. But billions were made to believe what just three people claimed they witnessed.

He woke from the dead and decided to keep it low key by inviting less than 5 people to the tomb. Why will you spend over 30 years of your life trying to convince people you are their God yet is making your resurrection (which is meant to be the ultimate proof of your claim) a secret. Who would have doubted you if you had announced on the cross that everyone should be present at so so place at so so time to show to them truly you are what you are.

OK, maybe cos He's God and he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. So what was the whole point behind wandering around and preaching the gospel with miracles all about?

Yet when the time to show everyone the real miracle, it was kept a secret. Lol. But then what do I know?

4 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by winner01(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
Three things are noticeable in this totally shameful thread.

1. Many christians have avoided this thread in an attempt to make the few desperate atheists massage their egos. I find this really commendable.

2. As usual, out of the 5000+ gods, atheists prove yet again that there are gods and there is 1 God, the God of creation, the God of all flesh...and how else can you fight your God but to pretend he does not exist while (unknowingly) spending your life talking about Him. undecided

3. No matter how many threads are created, urging people not to believe in God, the flames of belief keeps burning fiercely. Humanity has never been irreligious,
irreligion is alien to humanity and this is because creation always need a creator even if those creators have never been seen or heard. I've never seen or heard the creator/s of Toyota for instance. Its always been the common sense stand. Till people find what they can hold as truth or certainty, as a result of their questioning reality, they will ALWAYS keep trying to reach out for the supernatural regardless of the fury and opinions of less than 4% of humans like the op who feel we can live life without questioning reality. Its innate and this is why almost all generations of humanity have always believed in some form of gods or God. I'm happy to tell you superhumanist, that you wasted your time once again.

"Let them alone, they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into a pit..." - Best seller and widest read Book throughout all of humanity.

1 Like

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by correctguy101(m): 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

1 Corinthians 15:14-19 New International Version (NIV)

14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.

15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.

16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.

17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Paul was not convinced Jesus died or resurrected. He somewhat think his faith and hope is in vain and only hanging on a tiny rope called faith. Our Nigerian brother are chasing a criminal who was killed in faraway land for blasphemy and calling himself son of God. A coward son of God that couldn't take Satan head on since 6000yrs. It is 2000yrs after he died and Satam is still running the affair of fhe same world. What did he die for then?

I sometime wonder. The wages of sin is death. Jesus died for our sin.....that mean our sin have besn removed. Why then do we still die? It simply mean he didn't die and the whole story was concocted

Too much sense no go kill you.

Most Africans are in self-induced mental slavery/bondage, cos I don't see anyone coercing them to do all they do for their imported saviours and prophets. To the extent of labelling their own very ancestors demons undecided

The Chinese has developed and improved on their ancestral inheritance and today, most African children admire the Kung Fu (note that Kung Fu means: skill gotten from efforts/labour) agile monks and wishes to be like them..... Although at first they accepted as they were coerced to accept during the occupation of China but that was simply outwardly, they kept practicing and improving on their cultures in secret. They still don't want foreign religious beliefs in their lands and are doing everything to send it all out now that they have the might in all facets of life.

I wonder how Africa would've been if our forebears had been smart enough to preserve and improve on our cultural and traditional inheritances.....

You can't make any headway when you've abandoned the ways meant for you as an African man. The imported ways of living aren't for us and we've clearly not been able to live with it. We've failed awfully to do that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Niflheim(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
"My life has a great purpose!!!"................Says the South African christian, who eats grass like a goat!!!

2 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Niflheim:
"My life has a great purpose!!!"................Says the South African christian, who eats grass like a goat!!!
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by tintingz(m): 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
Muslims thinks praying 5 times daily is meaningful but I call it obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Imagine doing some repeated routine (rituals) that doesn't add anything to the economy and calling it a meaningful thing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by superhumanist(m): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
tintingz:
Muslims thinks praying 5 times daily is meaningful but I call it obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Imagine doing some repeated routine (rituals) that doesn't add anything to the economy and calling it a meaningful thing.

All the 5 times they have been praying daily has not changed Nigeria from being a corrupt zoo.

What is the point of religion if it cannot improve the individual and his environment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by tintingz(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Neurotika:

How the bible hasn't been declared a children book of mythical stories still baffles me. Almost all the accounts of Jesus miracles were always witnessed by 'his disciples' or by anonymous people in anonymous events with no historical significance/proof.

Transfiguration had just three people present. But billions were made to believe what just three people claimed they witnessed.

He woke from the dead and decided to keep it low key by inviting less than 5 people to the tomb. Why will you spend over 30 years of your life trying to convince people you are their God yet is making your resurrection (which is meant to be the ultimate proof of your claim) a secret. Who would have doubted you if you had announced on the cross that everyone should be present at so so place at so so time to show to them truly you are what you are.

OK, maybe cos He's God and he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. So what was the whole point behind wandering around and preaching the gospel with miracles all about?

Yet when the time to show everyone the real miracle, it was kept a secret. Lol. But then what do I know?
There are adults mythical books like Lord of the rings, The Hobbit, Game of thrones, Clash of Titans etc the Bible, Quran stories are just among these mythical books.

The difference is, religious people tend to take the myths in their books as real like believing donkey talk, snake talk, flying chariot, flying unicorn, walking on water, splitting the sea, splitting the moon etc.

2 Likes

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by tintingz(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
superhumanist:

All the 5 times they have been praying daily has not changed Nigeria from being a corrupt zoo.

What is the point of religion if it cannot improve the individual and his environment?
The Muslim daily prayer(solat) was initially 40 or 50 according to the hadiths before Muhammad rode to the sky with flying horse to see Allah for reduction (which is now 5), now imagine all humans praying 40 or 50 times daily! How will our society develop?

Religion is one of the problem in this world and the saddest thing is religious people are too blind to see it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by dalaman: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
So the religionists keep saying life is only meaningful with God because people will get to enjoy and be with God after they die. This really doesn't make sense because religions differ and make different claims and promises let's take christianity. If Christianity is true that means about 70% of the people alive today will end up in hell. If that is true then what is the purpose and meaning of their lives if at the end of it all they will rot in hell for worshiping the wrong God?

Deluded goons like winner01 and butterflyliar should come and tell us the meaning of the lives of muslims, Hindus, buddisht , shinto and all the followers of the various traditional religions out there since they will all end up in fire bring for ever because they have refused to accept Jewish mythology and folklore.

Deluded idiots.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Is More Meaningless With God by budaatum: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2018
obisco4u:

Exactly! He died somewhere in the Middle East and then by some crazy means, someone in Africa or Asia is saved? in addition, Christains claim that his so called death and resurrection sets them free from sin. Yet all of them in their billions still struggle with sin everyday. How does it make sense?
Simple spirit, atheists blindness! They don't struggle with sin because all their past, present and future sinnings are washed away by the blood of he who died somewhere in the Middle. If you believe in Jesus the Messiah, you'll find it easy to believe.

Okay, I admit it sounds sort of circular, but consider the merit. No more sins are recorded against you! Even if you slap me, or murder my dog, you get a free pass! What more sense do you need?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood / Show Me The Autheticity Of Your Bible / Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.