Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help (4246 Views)

PCMs Batch B 2018. Latest Updates On Nysc Senate List/ Registration / Official Nysc 2018 Batch A Timetable Released / NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by G0dsent: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
*Update!!!*
1) log in to your NYSC page
2) Go to course correction (below your dashboard option)
3) scroll down and check the mobilization status

Note if *mobilised* you're good to go for April

If not mobilised you have to wait for the next batch.

Please check it now and know your fate.

May the almighty bless us all.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Haywhyluv: 6:22am On Apr 04, 2018
Don't see anything like there,.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Haywhyluv: 6:25am On Apr 04, 2018
I got it bro
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Hasheem1hash(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2018
Just checked mine. I have been mobilise!
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by G0dsent: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Official NYSC Mobilization Time-Table For 2018 Batch A.

1. 2018 Batch 'A' Pre-Mobilization Workshop- 5th - 9th March 2018.

2. Briefing/Sensitization of Final year students/prospective corps Members- 5th March - 16th April 2018.

3. Display of list of all approved programmes for institutions on NYSC portal for cross checking and feedback- 9th - 13th March 2018.

4. Collation of Prospective Corps Members' Data by Corps Producing Institutions CPIs- 9th - 13th March 2018

5. Submission/Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs- 19th - 24th March 2018.

6. On-line Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates - 26th March - 8th April 2018.

7. Deployment and Printing of Call-up Letters by ICT Department- 9th - 11th April, 2018.

8. Notification/On-line Printing of Call-up Letters/Delivery of Call-up letters to Institutions (Stream I)- 12th - 15th April, 2018.

9. On-line Printing of Deployment Disposition by Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs)- 12th - 16th April, 2018.

10. 2018 Batch 'A' Orientation Course (Stream I and II).

Join nysc updates on Whatsapp.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by G0dsent: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2018
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREEN CARD AND
CALL-UP LETTER

We compile this to enable PCMs understand
better what call-up letter is all about. Some
PCMs have mistake the two in several occasions,
hence this compilation.

$$ Green Card is printed immediately after online
registration indicating a successful registration.

££ Call-up letter is printed some days after
online registration indicating NYSC acceptance or
call for service.

$$ Green card can only be printed online.

££ Call up letter can be printed online and can
also be collected from institution depending on
PCMs selected option.

££ Call up letter shows the state PCMs are
deployed to serve and the date to report to the
orientation camp

$$ Green can does not contain such.

££ Call up letter is signed by NYSC Brig-General.

$$ Green card is only signed by PCMs.

$$ Green card contains Next of kin details,
Education qualification and Kit specifications.

££ Call up letter does not contain such.

££ Call up letter contains some basic
requirements needed in camp.

$$ Green Card contains not such.

Follow to join nysc whatsapp groups chat
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by G0dsent: 7:57am On Apr 04, 2018
*NYSC ORIENTATION - What to expect*

*(1.)* Get your documents intact - *Passport (15), Call-Up letter, Green Card Notification of result, ID Letter, ID Card and your Certificate if available.* ... *NOTE*: You don't need to make 20 copies cuz you wouldn't use much, 5 copies of each would do. Also red or white passport background is allowed, ( *don't let anyone trap you into taking 8 copies of passport for #2,000 at the gate* ).

*(2.)* You should also go with the following items for your own convenience;
- 6 white shirts,
- 4 pairs of shorts, ‎
- 6 pairs of socks with two green stripes, ‎
- 1 white rubber sneakers or Leather sneakers for easy cleaning
- Underwears‎, handkerchiefs and face towels
- Food flask, Cup and ‎Spoon (Forks & Knives are contraband) ‎
- ‎Disinfectants, Bathing soaps, Detergent/Bar soap, A bucket and a bailer
‎- Towel, Hair needs, Body cream, Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Cereals, Beverages and snacks.
- Pen, Jotter, Marker and Stapler
- ‎Cloth hangers, Bedspread, Pillow and pillow case
- Shower cap, Make-up and other ladies accessories
- Pad‎locks, Slippers, Tissue paper and Torchlight
- Sunglasses, Wristwatch and Waist pouch
- Phone, Charger, Power Bank, Camera and Batteries.
- Basic Drugs: Paracetamol, Cold reliefs, cough syrup, allergy medicines...

*(3.)* Try as much as possible to get to your Orientation camp early so as to complete registration in time and settle down quick. The camp will be open a day before Orientation so as to allow those travelling from far away places ‎to have a place to sleep.

*(4.)* In my camp (Lagos) the first thing you ‎are assigned on the first day of orientation is a room so you can get a bunk, lay your bed and place your luggage on it. The next step was to go for Biometric capturing. This requires you take all your original documents and their photocopies including passports to the registration point. You will receive instructions on what to do at this point. After biometrics, you will be given a file and some forms to fill plus your State Code tag will be issued to you. This code will be your means of Identification throughout your service year. The next step is the bank account opening after which you are issued a clearance note which you take to your platoon officials for registration and submission of your file containing the forms you were given to fill.

*(5.)* Your code tag will have four numbers, the last digit is used to depict your platoon. There are 10 platoons. ‎If your state code is 0671, you're in Platoon 1, 1175 means Platoon 5 while 0450 means Platoon 10. The state code is written in full as State/Year & Batch/Code number. For Lagos --- LA/16B/0671, LA/16B, 1175, LA/16B/0450. *You should get a lanyard because you must have your Code tag on you at all times.*

*(6.)* Once your registration at your platoon is complete, you will be given your kits -
- 2 plain white shirts
- 2 pairs of white shorts
- 1 NYSC Crested Shirt‎
- 1 pair of Khaki trouser
- 1 Khaki shirt ‎
- 2 pairs of socks‎
- 1 pair of ‎white sneakers
- 1 pair of Jungle boots
- 1 NYSC Face cap
- Meal Ticket‎

*(7.)* Once you are given your kits, your registration is complete and you can proceed to your room to change into your white shirt, white ‎shorts, white socks, white sneakers and your NYSC Cap and your Code tag.

*(8.)* ‎There would be no activity till 4 in the evening so you can make use of the opportunity to meet people and settle into your new environment.

*(9.)* Get used to the sound of the Bugle, it looks like a trumpet but smaller. It would annoy you for most of the 21 days on camp.‎ All activities in cam will be fully regimented. You will be drilled extensively and discipline will be instilled in you. Though the soldiers are not allowed to lay hands on coppers, they could punish you.

*(10.)* You will have to wake up by 4:30 everyday for morning drills except Sundays. Morning drill ends by 7:30am when you'd go for "Bath and Breakfast" till 9:00am. Lectures and Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED)‎ training are from 9:00am till 2:00pm. Lunch and Siesta is from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Evening drills/Man 'O' War and Martial arts is from 4:00pm to 5:30pm. Games and Sports from 5:30pm to 6:30 pm. Dinner is served from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. From 8:30pm to 10:30pm you have social activities.

*(11.)* From the second day in camp, each platoon will take turns to be on duty. One platoon each day. *Duty* covers 'Sanitation Duty' and 'Kitchen Duty'. You will be divided to work either Sanitation or Kitchen. Those on kitchen duty will be further splited into Morning, Afternoon and Evening Duty. In the kitchen, you'd help in the preparation of meals and serving. For Sanitation, moping and cleaning of the hostels, picking of the surroundings and any other arrangements will be your work. Members of the Platoon on duty will enjoy a free day and won't be partaking in any other activities for the day. (You can just finish your work and chill for the rest of the day)

*(12.)* If you want to get involved in one activity or sport, you should prepare before hand. Footballers should go along with their kits. There's Volleyball for ladies, Athletics, Miss NYSC, Mr. Macho, Prince Charming, Miss Big, Bold and Beautiful, Talent hunt , Cooking competition, Debate and Business plan competitions. You should also go along with one casual wear or traditional attire for the camp Carnival.

*(13.)* You will meet a diverse group of people in camp, it's advisable you loosen up, meet people and make good friends. Be of best best behaviour and remember, it's only 21 days, whatever happens in camp stays in.

3 Likes

Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hasheem1hash:
Just checked mine. I have been mobilise!
when did u register?
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by mickeyenglish(m): 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hello guys.. I'm in need of urgent help.. I logged into the NYSC portal to check whether my School's Senate havd sent my name for NYSC,and I found it there that my details have been updated and i should go and register. Now, I am trying to register and the same NYSC prepayment page Is telling me that no details found, that i should confirm if my details are correct.. I have been on this issue for almost 3 hours now. What could be the problem?

Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Hasheem1hash(m): 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
dayo2me:
when did u register?
Monday, 26 of last month!
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hasheem1hash:
Monday, 26 of last month!
thanks. is there any one around u that register on monday and mobilised?
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Hasheem1hash(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
dayo2me:
thanks. is there any one around u that register on monday and mobilised?
I will have to enquire first..
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by kester4great(m): 8:05am On Apr 05, 2018
Yeah.I have been mobilized too.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by panebis: 9:23am On Apr 05, 2018
I am seeing 'Sorry, there is no more available state slot for deployment' but my status is showing 'Mobilised'. Please what do I do?
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by favour136: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
panebis:
I am seeing 'Sorry, there is no more available state slot for deployment' but my status is showing 'Mobilised'. Please what do I do?

When did you register?
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Haywhyluv: 7:43am On Apr 08, 2018
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by evy1(m): 8:05am On Apr 08, 2018
Good morning
Registered over 4 days ago and have been mobilized but my documents are still not evaluated foreign student and I called one of their customer care rep and he told me portal closed.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2018
evy1:
Good morning
Registered over 4 days ago and have been mobilized but my documents are still not evaluated foreign student and I called one of their customer care rep and he told me portal closed.
Its foreign student portal that is closed or yours alone.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by evy1(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2018
ABJDOT:
Its foreign student portal that is closed or yours alone.
That was what the customer care representative cross river state branch was saying,just ended the call.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by iamawara(m): 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
Lol. Dont go and start photocopyn' 20 20 copies oh. 5 is enought. 5 or 6 passports make it black or which background. I repeat dont make unnecessary photocopies.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by 042reports(f): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
Having issues making payment on the nysc site. Can I make the payment tomorrow in bank
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2018
G0dsent:
[b]Official NYSC Mobilization Time-Table For 2018 Batch A

7. Deployment and Printing of Call-up Letters by ICT Department- 9th - 11th April

Please, explain this.
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by temtops(f): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2018
042reports:
Having issues making payment on the nysc site. Can I make the payment tomorrow in bank
. Ghost mode deactivated. Pls I also have the same issue as stated above. Is there a solution to this? Are there any implications? Pls help
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by favour136: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2018
Nysc 2018 extended till 10

Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by favour136: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2018
temtops:
. Ghost mode deactivated. Pls I also have the same issue as stated above. Is there a solution to this? Are there any implications? Pls help

You can generate remita
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by favour136: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2018
mickeyenglish:
Hello guys.. I'm in need of urgent help.. I logged into the NYSC portal to check whether my School's Senate havd sent my name for NYSC,and I found it there that my details have been updated and i should go and register. Now, I am trying to register and the same NYSC prepayment page Is telling me that no details found, that i should confirm if my details are correct.. I have been on this issue for almost 3 hours now. What could be the problem?

Hope it has been ratified '??
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by mickeyenglish(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
favour136:

Hope it has been ratified '??

Yes! It has been ratified. It was actually the error from the so-called "accredited" center.. I became very skeptic after i noticed a lot flaws during the registration.. Those guys are quite dumb.. I told them i wanted to urinate grin,which was a lie,only for me to appear in another legally accredited centre. It them less than 15mins to wrap everything up.

Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by Kelv01(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
042reports:
i think the portal is closed already..
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by favour136: 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2018
mickeyenglish:

Yes! It has been ratified. It was actually the error from the so-called "accredited" center.. I became very skeptic after i noticed a lot flaws during the registration.. Those guys are quite dumb.. I told them i wanted to urinate grin,which was a lie,only for me to appear in another legally accredited centre. It them less than 15mins to wrap everything up.

You Don mean it grin

Good thing you did
Re: Nysc 2018 Latest Updates And Help by favour136: 1:26pm On Apr 10, 2018
Kelv01:
i think the portal is closed already..

No till 10 of this month, portal is still open

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Book Of Life / List Of Local Government Areas In Zamfara State / Delta Family House For Batch C'13 Corp Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.