Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Keep Your Promise On Zoning. Prof Adeolu Akande Urges Ajimobi. Oyo 2019(photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Your Promise On Zoning. Prof Adeolu Akande Urges Ajimobi. Oyo 2019(photo) (439 Views)

Nigerians Hail Seyi Makinde For Slashing Oyo’s 2019 Budget By N103bn / Osun Poll: See Why The Candidacy Of Adeoti/adeolu May Be The Best For Osun State / Fulfill Your Promise To Nigerians – Atiku Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Promise On Zoning. Prof Adeolu Akande Urges Ajimobi. Oyo 2019(photo) by zabuur: 6:58am On Apr 04, 2018
A governorship aspirant in the Oyo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Adeolu Akande, has said he is convinced that the next governor of the state will come from the Oke-Ogun area of the state based on Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s promise.

Akande is one of the aspirants of the APC from the Oke-Ogun zone. The area has not produced a governor in the state and Ajimobi reportedly said the area deserved to produce the next governor.

He expressed confidence that Ajimobi would keep his promise of supporting an Oke-Ogun aspirant.

“It is only fair to hold someone to his word. If somebody at the level of a governor can say two or three times that the Oke-Ogun area of the state will produce the next governor, I don’t think there is any basis for anyone to doubt him. He has put his honour and integrity on the line so we should believe him,” Akande said.

The aspirant, who urged the citizens to obtain their Permanent Voter Cards, said, however, that he was not in the race because of Ajimobi’s promise.

“I am in the governorship race because by providence and education, I am trained to run a good government. I have been exposed to the knowledge of how government is organised at the federal and state levels for the interest of the people,” he said.

On the alleged imposition of a consensus candidate system by the governor for the May 12, 2018, council poll in the state, the former chief of staff to Ajimobi said it would have no effect on the strength of the party in the state.

“I am not really worried about the crisis in the party or the issues surrounding the council poll in the state. Politics is dynamic and in a party like this, we should expect divergent opinions on how things should be done. But the major thing is that the constitution of the party is clear on how to elect party candidates for election and how delegates for a primary should emerge,” he added.

Copyright PUNCH.
Gov poll: APC chief urges Ajimobi to keep zoning promise

(1) (Reply)

This Country Nigeria / All Private Sector Employers Must Pay The Proposed Minimum Wage- NLC / Presidency Clears The Air On Buhari’s ‘technical UK Stopover’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.