Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind (13269 Views)

How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? / 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times / Who Is Your Customer? [What Every Entrepreneur Need To Know] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by youngmajor: 9:32am On Apr 04, 2018
[img]https://1.bp..com/-NioXGiDiZtE/WsSJBx1KxpI/AAAAAAAAAGI/NapbeooPq3w3wkfW9D1XLlr2d4dUfiKpgCLcBGAs/s320/harsh%2Btruths.png[/img]

We are still continuing in the side hustle series. These are general topics I give out to help enlighten aspiring side hustlers.

Nothing is more lucrative than having a business that pays you, and you work at your own time and pace. When you make money, you are happy because you worked hard for it, and you got paid what you deserved. Nobody owes you money, insults you, or interfere in your private life. You take your GF/wife to movies, buy them expensive things, and live the life of your dreams. All these are only possible when you have several sources of income.

Currently, I have about 4 good sources of income, and I do well for myself right now. If all I have written above interests you, then this is the time to take action. I and my students have set a target to reach a million Naira before the year runs out.

But before we digress further, do you know that when I started, there were things I wished I knew. No one told me or educated me on the truth about entrepreneurship. I went right inside it with the hope to just make money – even though I did, it came with lots of ups and downs.

Why am I telling you this?

Because you will finally make money, but it won’t fall from the sky. If you put your head into the game, work like you work for your employer, you will end up smiling every month.

“If you work hard like you always do, I will buy a new car next month”

Those were the rumoured words of an employer who bought a new car and was congratulated by a staff.

Isn’t that wickedness?

Entrepreneurship is lucrative, but you must work for it. If you get the right coaching – probably from me, you might avoid all the things I will list below.

What are the Harsh Truths You Must Know Before Setting up a Business

Ask those that trade cryptocurrency “how market now”, and know the response from them – it is quite saddening. There are basic harsh truths you should know, and I will list them below;

Ask those that trade cryptocurrency “how market now”, and know the response from them – it is quite saddening. There are basic harsh truths you should know, and I will list them below;

You would need a mentor

The fastest way to fail as an entrepreneur is to believe that you know it all. If you take a clue from Igbo boys, you would discover that they serve their masters before going on to open theirs.

That is the power of knowing a business model that works. Like when I talk about affiliate marketing, several people assume that information about it is already on the internet.

Most of the information you see was curated just to gain traffic. If they are so good, why don’t they do affiliate marketing, instead of depending on Google Adsense? They need you to visit their site so that they can make money from Google.

A real Affiliate Marketer won’t just give out his information like that. It is either you pay him to speak out, or you go get junks from the internet. Either path you wanna follow, the basic truth is that you need a mentor to guide you. If you want me to be, then you must make me speak up. (Visit the link at the bottom of the blog)

You only talk without action leads to failure

Procrastination kills success faster than anything. If all you do is talk about plans without implementing them, I can only assure you failure – which I won’t.

Go out there; draw up your plan, get a mentor – probably me, get down to work, and smile with nothing less than $400 monthly. It is as simple as it sounds – information is power.

Hoping for Short-Term Results will Ruin your Business

Short-term results never sustain or get anyone far. It is the same reason major conglomerates eventually get toppled by startups over a long period of time. Large companies mostly focus on quarterly goals. Their managers have to narrow their focus so that they can keep the balance sheet smiling and also retain their jobs.

You act like you know it all

No one likes a know-it-all. You’re always willing to chip in your own ideas and claim your other team members are dumb, when in retrospect; you may actually be the dumb person. Rather than claim ultimate knowledge, get feedback from your mentor every single step of the way.

All You Do Is Procrastinating:

There’s a popular saying that “procrastination is the thief of time”. This statement has proven itself to be true every single time. Many entrepreneurs are masters of procrastination. They push everything a bit forward, and tell themselves they’d do it later, which largely never gets done.

Successful, on the other hand, ensure they get the important things done as when due.

Now you know all these, how determined are you to succeed? You only have two options now;

- Work for your boss like a slave and keep improving his life

- Take charge of your own life and sack your boss after few months.

The answer is yours. The series will continue, and bye for now. If you are ready to take action, check the link below.

See source for more details

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by youngmajor: 9:34am On Apr 04, 2018
ugojibaby:
I am a living testimony of how online businesses can change one’s live. I have known affiliate marketing since year 2014 but I never made a penny from it except in the month of October 2017 when I intensified research and I was pointed to the right direction. I made only $175 in October 2017, although it was small but it was huge for me as that was the highest I ever made in a single month online.

Fast forward to 2018, I now average $1,255 monthly. Although I am not where I am aiming, but earning an average of N451,000 monthly is worth glorifying. I will give the credit of all my online business success to CLICK HERE

1 Like

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by chris4gold(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Thanks
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by calobinna(m): 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nice one Sire...
I want to do something but no capital to start, I'm left in my theatre of thoughts and only have a blunt to puff!!!
Really in need of a capital to start what I have in my mind. Even transport fare to see a mentor no even dey...
Procrastinating can't be one's doing most times, it might just be the inability for one to make the necessary move when there's willpower but no fund to start and negative vibes from bad belle!!!
Lemme sit and puff my herb...
cool kiss

6 Likes

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Adasun(m): 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nothing Harsh here sad
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by datola: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
The fastest way to fail as an entrepreneur is to believe that you know it all. If you take a clue from Igbo boys, you would discover that they serve their masters before going on to open theirs.

That is the power of knowing a business model that works
. Like when I talk about affiliate marketing, several people assume that information about it is already on the internet.

The impotance of mentorship by serving to know your inteded business very well cannot be over emphasised.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Queenserah26(f): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
Noted...
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Internetsavvy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hmmmmm..Indeed

2 Likes

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Tracypacy(f): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
What is Going on at Skyebank?
News of Mass Sacking at Skyebank

Wednesday, 4th/April/2018

We understand that a company will not jeopardise company’s success to retain under-performing employees but the steps an organisation takes prior to terminating employment of employee(s) is an important factor. You do not just hire and fire based on mood-swing, there has to be a solid reason backed by law or at-least backed by the engagement terms.

Though government seems to be the most guaranteed employment body, there is more employment opportunities in the Private sector and due to the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria, applicants accept all kinds of jobs to stay afloat.
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Komozua(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
Good one
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by dotcomnamename: 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
youngmajor:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-NioXGiDiZtE/WsSJBx1KxpI/AAAAAAAAAGI/NapbeooPq3w3wkfW9D1XLlr2d4dUfiKpgCLcBGAs/s320/harsh%2Btruths.png[/img]

We are still continuing in the side hustle series. These are general topics I give out to help enlighten aspiring side hustlers.

Nothing is more lucrative than having a business that pays you, and you work at your own time and pace. When you make money, you are happy because you worked hard for it, and you got paid what you deserved. Nobody owes you money, insults you, or interfere in your private life. You take your GF/wife to movies, buy them expensive things, and live the life of your dreams. All these are only possible when you have several sources of income.

Currently, I have about 4 good sources of income, and I do well for myself right now. If all I have written above interests you, then this is the time to take action. I and my students have set a target to reach a million Naira before the year runs out.

But before we digress further, do you know that when I started, there were things I wished I knew. No one told me or educated me on the truth about entrepreneurship. I went right inside it with the hope to just make money – even though I did, it came with lots of ups and downs.

Why am I telling you this?

Because you will finally make money, but it won’t fall from the sky. If you put your head into the game, work like you work for your employer, you will end up smiling every month.

“If you work hard like you always do, I will buy a new car next month”

Those were the rumoured words of an employer who bought a new car and was congratulated by a staff.

Isn’t that wickedness?

Entrepreneurship is lucrative, but you must work for it. If you get the right coaching – probably from me, you might avoid all the things I will list below.

You would need a mentor

That is the power of knowing a business model that works. Like when I talk about affiliate marketing, several people assume that information about it is already on the internet.

Most of the information you see was curated just to gain traffic. If they are so good, why don’t they do affiliate marketing, instead of depending on Google Adsense? They need you to visit their site so that they can make money from Google.

A real Affiliate Marketer won’t just give out his information like that. It is either you pay him to speak out, or you go get junks from the internet. Either path you wanna follow, the basic truth is that you need a mentor to guide you. If you want me to be, then you must make me speak up. (Visit the link at the bottom of the blog)

You only talk without action leads to failure

Procrastination kills success faster than anything. If all you do is talk about plans without implementing them, I can only assure you failure – which I won’t.

Go out there; draw up your plan, get a mentor – probably me, get down to work, and smile with nothing less than $400 monthly. It is as simple as it sounds – information is power.

Hoping for Short-Term Results will Ruin your Business

Short-term results never sustain or get anyone far. It is the same reason major conglomerates eventually get toppled by startups over a long period of time. Large companies mostly focus on quarterly goals. Their managers have to narrow their focus so that they can keep the balance sheet smiling and also retain their jobs.

You act like you know it all

No one likes a know-it-all. You’re always willing to chip in your own ideas and claim your other team members are dumb, when in retrospect; you may actually be the dumb person. Rather than claim ultimate knowledge, get feedback from your mentor every single step of the way.

All You Do Is Procrastinating:

There’s a popular saying that “procrastination is the thief of time”. This statement has proven itself to be true every single time. Many entrepreneurs are masters of procrastination. They push everything a bit forward, and tell themselves they’d do it later, which largely never gets done.

Successful, on the other hand, ensure they get the important things done as when due.

Now you know all these, how determined are you to succeed? You only have two options now;

- Work for your boss like a slave and keep improving his life

- Take charge of your own life and sack your boss after few months.

The answer is yours. The series will continue, and bye for now. If you are ready to take action, check the link below.

See source for more details

''Ask those that trade cryptocurrency “how market now”, and know the response from them''

You were making sense until the bolded. It's obvious you have no idea about business/entrepreneur

1 Like

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by AgentNnamdi: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
Importexpert I sight you. Another one!
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by exlinkleads(f): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
interesting post
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Achillesdam500(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
angry
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Emmasteev(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
Everyone working under someone has is own goal setting but when they started the job the tunes change,just because of change they giving to them for the weekend or the commission they received after meeting up with the targets,they think their boos is favouring them by doing all that,if the boss doesn't started his own job how will you work there,lets start something to make ourselves great also,Go into entrepreneurship is the best,as nature of our country now

1 Like

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Krafty006: 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Cool.....invest in shoe biz, learn shoe making https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by nkbeauty(f): 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nice post...i need someone who can coach me onaffilate marketing

1 Like

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Jethrolite(m): 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
dotcomnamename:

''Ask those that trade cryptocurrency “how market now”, and know the response from them''

You were making sense until the bolded. It's obvious you have no idea about business/entrepreneur
Where and how do you trade your cryptocurrency because the market is truly a mess right now.
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by klassykute(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Guilty
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by youngmajor: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
nkbeauty:
Nice post...i need someone who can coach me onaffilate marketing

If you need to join my membership team, you can CLICK HERE to get started.

You will thank me after 2 months.
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by youngmajor: 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jethrolite:
Where and how do you trade your cryptocurrency because the market is truly a mess right now.

Please just allow the guy to mourn his loss...
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by kingchris30(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2018
nice one bro, keep it up. you really need several source of income to be financially free
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by kingchris30(m): 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Emmasteev:
Everyone working under someone has is own goal setting but when they started the job the tunes change,just because of change they giving to them for the weekend or the commission they received after meeting up with the targets,they think their boos is favouring them by doing all that,if the boss doesn't started his own job how will you work there,lets start something to make ourselves great also,Go into entrepreneurship is the best,as nature of our country now
you are right sir, Nigeria is one of the best places to be an entrepreneur because there are many problems that need solutions and once you can provide solutions, you will get money. but the truth is some people have great ideas but no capital

2 Likes

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Jethrolite(m): 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
youngmajor:

Sometimes I like giving benefit of doubt.
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by edrys(m): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
Although I no go follow you puff herb, you just said it all. To make lots of money, one also needs lots of finance not just idea alone.

calobinna:
Nice one Sire...
I want to do something but no capital to start, I'm left in my theatre of thoughts and only have a blunt to puff!!!
Really in need of a capital to start what I have in my mind. Even transport fare to see a mentor no even dey...
Procrastinating can't be one's doing most times, it might just be the inability for one to make the necessary move when there's willpower but no fund to start and negative vibes from bad belle!!!
Lemme sit and puff my herb...
cool kiss

1 Like

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Mowunmiaf: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
exactly my thoughts. The only thing harsh here is the weather lol
Adasun:
Nothing Harsh here sad

2 Likes

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by mickybeejay(m): 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
You are partially right.......but at the same time you are kind of misleading people, you portraying it to them as if it's the coach that would do everything. Fine it's good to have mentor but you need to have it at the back of ur mind that ur mentor could be wrong at times cus the situations of things might have change from what ur mentor know. So the real deal is to get prepared , face the real world, let it teach you, learn from it and become it's master. "you have to be the change you wanna see"
But ur write up was an inspiring piece....great one sire.

1 Like

Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by theunnamed: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
IDC angry
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by Femoje(m): 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
Bakery Consultant / Baking Bread Consultancy support.If you are interested in setting up a bakery and you want to know more about the business and how to maximize profit..
we do general bakery consult, Production Cost analysis, Production cost reduction and recipes.
Quality assured consultancy support for baking bread industry.
Complete one-stop solution For Bakery Consultants Services who need to set-up a BREAD Bakery
Assist client to develop new products
Giving advice and solution to clients who have problems in BREAD Bakery.
Supply or recommend suitable machinery and equipment to clients who need either small or big scale production.
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by dotcomnamename: 11:22am On Apr 05, 2018
youngmajor:

Lol Mourn which loss? Is this the first time crypo will crash? olodo...The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. It is evident that you have no idea about crypto. If you really understand crypo you should understand that not all crypto gurus lose all their money at crash period if the're not trading..Your brouhaha can only stuck in the brain of those who are so clueless like you about crypto. ''Ask those that trade cryptocurrency “how market now”, and know the response from them'' ...I'm not surprised at all, someone have already told you that you are kind of misleading people. You are misleading people all in the name of redirecting the link in your post to your yeye E-book affiliate jagaban or whatever you call it. You're condemning other people's business and you're marketing your own business indirectly and you think that is how successful business owners are doing it? Smh
Re: 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind by warriboy21(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2018
[quote author=youngmajor post=66419617][/quote]

I have paid. Pls send me my copy. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

We Reduced Minting Of Naira To Boost Electronic Transactions – CBN / Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today August 15th, 2023 / Rising Electricity Theft Cases Threaten N150bn Meter Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.