Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,674 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks (19443 Views)

My Car, Toyota Corolla 2003 Grey Color Stolen In Attempted Kidnap / Choice Of Car, Toyota/honda/benz / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ben6ene:

Call this number for free Car Tracking Device...those who need it can call as well...07066963388.

what kinda free tracking?
who'd be doing the tracking?

u?

please enlighten us more on this "free" tracking

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by LeJeun3: 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ben6ene:

Call this number for free Car Tracking Device...those who need it can call as well...07066963388.

How is it free??

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by HRtechnique: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2018
@yettymuse, how is it going?.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
HRtechnique:
@yettymuse, how is it going?.
Super smooth!!!!! Very very smooth... Sometime ago it was making a lot of noise from the wheel, consuming fuel, and the brake was not firm. So I took it to a recommended Kazeem and he detected it was the axle that needs a change, break pad and some plugs sha

But we agreed to WORK the axle to save cash... He got a new break pad and changed the plug. The fuel consumption has been relatively low now, quite reasonable, no noise whatsoever and it's been a flawless ride.

I'm yet to do any servicing after the first time though

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by HRtechnique: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
yettymuse:
Super smooth!!!!! Very very smooth... Sometime ago it was making a lot of noise from the wheel, consuming fuel, and the brake was not firm. So I took it to a recommended Kazeem and he detected it was the axle that needs a change, break pad and some plugs sha

But we agreed to WORK the axle to save cash... He got a new break pad and changed the plug. The fuel consumption has been relatively low now, quite reasonable, no noise whatsoever and it's been a flawless ride.

I'm yet to do any servicing after the first time though

congratulations though on finding the right kazeem

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by sammirano: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2018
yettymuse:
My first Car would be delivered on Saturday... I don't even know why I'm creating this thread but I am overwhelmed.

I started my driving class about 2weeks ago and I'm close to graduating grin.

I am excited... Errrm so what's next after the car comes... Please don't ignore this post o

Car gurus, just hold my hand and guide me through biko.

My few fears are :

1How would I know when the car needs help?

2,.What would I do if I am stucked in the middle of the road

3.How so I avoid them 'Kazeems'

4.Where would I get affordable competent mechanics

Errrmm... What else sef my heart is just doing gbim gbim angry

Hi, how much did you get it?
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 4:17am On Aug 30, 2018
LeJeun3:

At Bolded I am the closest Mechanic on Nairaland grin grin
Abijo GRA, behind Corona School..

Come in for free diagnosis/free original oil filter ..... hope you plan to stick to OEM oil??

Dammit. This should be one of our babies. Second toll gate. Don't let the building scare you lol. Girls have each other's backs.

https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 4:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 4:21am On Aug 30, 2018
yettymuse:
The only thing wey deh pain me be say I'm yet to find a mechanic from nairaland that stays around Sangotedo and it's environ, ordinary servicing na ikeja I dey go cry cry cry cry

Someone posted he stays close to my end but I can't find the details, please if you do kindly quote me...

Check our profile. Second toll gate. We know your car like the back of our hand

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
yettymuse:
The only thing wey deh pain me be say I'm yet to find a mechanic from nairaland that stays around Sangotedo and it's environ, ordinary servicing na ikeja I dey go cry cry cry cry

Someone posted he stays close to my end but I can't find the details, please if you do kindly quote me...
were u able to get any good kazeem around?am in same shoe with u, plannin to visit gazuzz in ikeja on monday or tuesday.
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
xule20:

were u able to get any good kazeem around?am in same shoe with u, plannin to visit gazuzz in ikeja on monday or tuesday.
not around but around constain in yaba area. Dude is a 100 over 100.
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
yettymuse:
not around but around constain in yaba area. Dude is a 100 over 100.
interesting,kindly help me with his contact. thanks
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Hoodbilonia: 12:33am On Sep 16, 2018
instead mk u buy suv
wen bad road damage d matrix
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
xule20:

Hi.. What car do drive? This 'Kazeem' is basically for Honda and a bit of Toyota
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
yettymuse:
Hi.. What car do drive? This 'Kazeem' is basically for Honda and a bit of Toyota
Corolla
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2018
xule20:

Corolla
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 17, 2018
yettymuse:
0708 676 *** Quadri
Thanks dear, I just called him and forwarded the error codes from my obd2.. Do have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
So my car papers (the vehicle license blabla) expired in April then it dawned on me that I've had may beautiful baby Matrix for 14months now! Wow!!

I'll review this beautiful barbie without mincing words.

When I got my car, I had zero knowledge about cars. This is my first car, no guide or previous experience.
For the first 4month I enjoyed my ride but driving wasn't consistent as I was still a learner and yet to understand the new 'status'. So usage was minimal.. I drove once/twice in a week.

During the 4th month, I started hearing some kinda screeching noise from the wheels, I couldn't place it..Fuel consumption was high! 6000naira fuel (full tank) would take me to marina 2x in a week and the fuel indicator is close to E already).
Well I ended up spending 25,000naira at a kazeem's place....

The noise was persistent and fuel consumption was still the same.

Met with another kazeem, he diagnosed axle as the persistent problem. Spend over 50k on that one.. I enjoyed my barbie for 1month.. Axle wahala started.

Anyways. I decided to visit another mechanic that suggested I remove the axle completely, did as he suggested..change fuel something something cheesy, brake pad and since then, all I've done to this car is to do service it... I drive my car everyday now to everywhere I go.

... I'm not sure it feels any different before and after the axle removal

I'll do matrix over and over again! cheesy but hey! I've got my eyes on rav4.
if you want a lovely trouble-free car for yourself or your woman, this car is it!!

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 11, 2019
yettymuse:
So my car papers (the vehicle license blabla) expired in April then it dawned on me that I've had may beautiful baby Matrix for 14months now! Wow!!

I'll review this beautiful barbie without mincing words.

When I got my car, I had zero knowledge about cars. This is my first car, no guide or previous experience.
For the first 4month I enjoyed my ride but driving wasn't consistent as I was still a learner and yet to understand the new 'status'. So usage was minimal.. I drove once/twice in a week.

During the 4th month, I started hearing some kinda screeching noise from the wheels, I couldn't place it..Fuel consumption was high! 6000naira fuel (full tank) would take me to marina 2x in a week and the fuel indicator is close to E already).
Well I ended up spending 25,000naira at a kazeem's place....

The noise was persistent and fuel consumption was still the same.

Met with another kazeem, he diagnosed axle as the persistent problem. Spend over 50k on that one.. I enjoyed my barbie for 1month.. Axle wahala started.

Anyways. I decided to visit another mechanic that suggested I remove the axle completely, did as he suggested..change fuel something something cheesy, brake pad and since then, all I've done to this car is to do service it... I drive my car everyday now to everywhere I go.

... I'm not sure it feels any different before and after the axle removal

I'll do matrix over and over again! cheesy but hey! I've got my eyes on rav4.
if you want a lovely trouble-free car for yourself or your woman, this car is it!!

Congratulations on your Carniversary (Car Anniversary). grin grin grin I hope you had renewed all your papers before VIO, Lastma and Police start smiling to the bank on your expired car documents. grin grin grin

Also your car fuel consumption is abnormal (Very & Extremely) High.

6k fuel finish for 2 trips within island is TOTALLY STRANGE for a Toyota sedan product.

Your vehicle engine size is 1.8ltr just like Corolla and that fuel suppose take you to Marina more than 7 - 10 times (return journey).

I hope fuel attendant No sell you air instead of fuel. grin grin cheesy

Anyway, if (fuel consumption) situation remain same till date, I did suggest you get one of those cheap OBDII reader to scan the vehicle.

I am suspecting (I might be wrong), your vehicle's Catalyst Converter has been removed or damaged.

Other factors that could cause the excess fuel consumption includes the following vehicle jargons:

Sluggish Oxygen Sensors
Inaccurate or Defective Coolant Sensor
Defective Engine Thermostat
Engine Misfire
Intake Manifold or EGR Valve Leak
Worn or Fouled Spark Plugs
Dirty Fuel Injectors
Low Compression
Wrong Oil Viscosity
Dirty Air Filter
Clogged Converter or Exhaust Restriction
Slipping Clutch or Transmission
Low Tires
Dragging Brakes
Too Much Weight in Your Trunk
Poor Driving Habits

Just have it scanned and the culprit responsible for the excess fuel consumption inside the vehicle would be identified and you can asked your mecho to correct it.

Congratulations once again.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
RZArecta2:
Try as much as possible to get comprehensive insurance, don't ignore warning lights on your dash board, use ONLY recommended fluids, ask for clarification on issues first especially here before rushing to any mechanics, don't allow any mechanic use your car for experiment, driving is one mind so no fear. We have proven engineers/mechanics on this forum with a reputation to keep, please use them.

NEVER GIVE YOUR CAR TO YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER. He won't return it that day lai lai.

Best one I've read so far
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
LeJeun3:

At Bolded I am the closest Mechanic on Nairaland grin grin
Abijo GRA, behind Corona School..

Come in for free diagnosis/free original oil filter ..... hope you plan to stick to OEM oil??

Na lie grin
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Jazzlite:

I disagree. He should use only 20W 50 oil grade.

Go to your room and don't come out till we tell you to
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by radautoworks: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
yettymuse:

2nd toll gate man! I'm so late lol. This is from last year!
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by weyreypey: 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Go to your room and don't come out till we tell you to
Cyber bully

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by weyreypey: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
radautoworks:

2nd toll gate man! I'm so late lol. This is from last year!
Rada I sincerely hope you have my O2 sensors in stock??
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by RZArecta2(m): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Best one I've read so far
grin nugode
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by LeJeun3: 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Na lie grin

Na true o tongue

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2019
TheCar:

Congratulations on your Carniversary (Car Anniversary). grin grin grin I hope you had renewed all your papers before VIO, Lastma and Police start smiling to the bank on your expired car documents. grin grin grin

Also your car fuel consumption is abnormal (Very & Extremely) High.

6k fuel finish for 2 trips within island is TOTALLY STRANGE for a Toyota sedan product.

Your vehicle engine size is 1.8ltr just like Corolla and that fuel suppose take you to Marina more than 7 - 10 times (return journey).

I hope fuel attendant No sell you air instead of fuel. grin grin cheesy

Anyway, if (fuel consumption) situation remain same till date, I did suggest you get one of those cheap OBDII reader to scan the vehicle.

I am suspecting (I might be wrong), your vehicle's Catalyst Converter has been removed or damaged.

Other factors that could cause the excess fuel consumption includes the following vehicle jargons:

Sluggish Oxygen Sensors
Inaccurate or Defective Coolant Sensor
Defective Engine Thermostat
Engine Misfire
Intake Manifold or EGR Valve Leak
Worn or Fouled Spark Plugs
Dirty Fuel Injectors
Low Compression
Wrong Oil Viscosity
Dirty Air Filter
Clogged Converter or Exhaust Restriction
Slipping Clutch or Transmission
Low Tires
Dragging Brakes
Too Much Weight in Your Trunk
Poor Driving Habits

Just have it scanned and the culprit responsible for the excess fuel consumption inside the vehicle would be identified and you can asked your mecho to correct it.

Congratulations once again.
Thank you Sir!!!!!!! cheesy.
I typed a long ass message, thought I had sent it.. And here I am

At the Bolded! Whatttttttt?? I stay at Sangotedo o.. Mogbe, wetin be that gas station name sef.

You know when the final mech, the one that removed the axle noticed the fuel consumption, he suggested we change the fuel pump. Since then, I do Marina to-fro, it gets to half and I top up with 3k worth.
But I still feel this isn't good enough. Abi

I think I need to tell him about this.
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by timifakay(m): 1:05am On Jun 18, 2019
weyreypey:

Rada I sincerely hope you have my O2 sensors in stock??
Weyrey (since its the season to shorten monikers) I sincerely hope you are ready to pay grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm / ​Hyundai Develops Fingerprint Tech To Unlock And Start Cars / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.