Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road (8805 Views)

Governor Ihedioha Flags-off 9.8bn Erosion Control Project At Urualla, Pays N500M / FG Flags-off Reconstruction Of N3.6bn Lagos-badagry Expressway / Akpugoeze, Gets Tarred Roads For The First Time Since Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Babygiwa(f): 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
APC chieftain, others, pour encomiums on Ugwuanyi's humility, good governance

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from Oji River Local Government Area, Enugu State, Chief Gbazueagu Nweke Gbazueagu, and other stakeholders in the council area, such as Senator Dr. Rev. Hyde Onuaguluchi have poured encomiums on Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for his uncommon leadership qualities anchored on vision, humility, good governance and respect for everyone irrespective of political leanings.

Speaking during the flag-off ceremony of Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road in Oji River L.G.A, which was among the N1.170 billion road projects recently awarded by the Enugu State Government, Senator Onuaguluchi while expressing delight over the commencement of work on the "abandoned" road, described Gov. Ugwuanyi as an "epitome of humility" and "God's gift" to the people of the state.

The former Senator added that Gov. Ugwuanyi has "brought peace to this state" and "humility to government", stressing that the last time he experienced such quality of humility was when another Nsukka man, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo was governor of the state.

Senator Onuaguluchi commended the governor for entrenching peace and good governance in the state, saying that he (Ugwuanyi) is "clinically" implementing a blueprint for the rapid growth and development of Enugu State and "should be allowed to finish his assignment from God.

"Gov. Ugwuanyi has brought happiness to every family in Enugu State irrespective of political leanings or class. We thank God for Gburugburu and may God continue to bless him and his family now and forever", he prayed.

Chief Gbazueagu, who described Gov. Ugwuanyi as "my friend and brother", also applauded the governor's decision to construct and complete the road for the people of Akpugoeze, who he described as "the most neglected and deprived people in Enugu State".

The APC chieftain, while maintaining that Gov. Ugwuanyi is a leader who makes promises and fulfills them, regretted that the road was "awarded and abandoned by past administration", saying: "Today, you have tarred it for us, it is over".

He said that what was paramount in Enugu State at the moment is not party politics, but how to galvanize resources to develop the state in the overall interest of the people of the state.

Emphasizing the importance of the road to him and his community, Chief Gbazueagu disclosed that he is still in politics basically to ensure that the deplorable road is constructed and declared that he is ready to surrender his political interest if the road construction is completed.

"If there is one reason I am in politics, it is because of this road. I have said it before, if this road is done, I am ready to surrender my political interest", Chief Gbazueagu declared.

Flagging off the road, Gov. Ugwuanyi said that the project was "in fulfillment of our mandate and resolve to take development to all corners of Enugu State; to alleviate the sufferings of our people in various communities; to restore hope and revive a sense of inclusion and integration among our people", declaring: "We are here because of our commitment to the people of Oji River and to all rural communities in Enugu State".

According to him, "I want to assure you that it has always been the desire of our administration to construct this road as we are fully cognizant of its importance to the socio-economic wellbeing of the people of Akpugoeze and Oji River as a whole and also, to the realization of the state government's rural development objectives", he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/04/apc-chieftain-others-pour-encomiums-ugwuanyi-humility-good-governance/
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by deboysben(m): 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
Leta some nairaland bmc a.k.a zombies will claim it's buhari that is constructing the road.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by faithugo64(f): 6:56am On Apr 05, 2018
Enugu state obodo oyibo

4 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Flexherbal(m): 6:56am On Apr 05, 2018
Nice one !

May the road be ready for use, soon !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by twilliamx(m): 6:57am On Apr 05, 2018
No pic? About na mouth them use
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by themosthigh: 6:57am On Apr 05, 2018
Enugu people are the one of the only few wise and visionary Igbos.
Though proudly Igbos, they are not tribalistic and religion does not enter their head. A typical Enugu man will not care if you are Igbo or Yoruba, Christian or Muslim unless you openly offend him or try to take something from him.
Unlike Anambra people that are rash,aggressive and ended up leading other Igbos to the Biafran onslaught, they are tactical, visionary and still not timid or primitive.
Go to some of their villages and you will see mosques and churches together without problems, igalas and idomas living side by side with Igbo people without conflict and problems settled by diplomacy and wisdom not violence.
IMO/abia people are not aggressive but are too dishonorable and tricky and many are not proudly Igbos, leave their land to live in Lagos for decades without coming back.
Ebonyi people are divided into the IMO like people,Enugu like people and primitivist people.
If their is ever going to be an Igbo president, it has to be an Enugu man. Even I myself can vote them.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Billionboi: 6:57am On Apr 05, 2018
Nguanyi is shut
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by MetroBaba1(m): 6:58am On Apr 05, 2018
Are PDP Governors The Only Governors Achieving Their Campaign Promises?

Good Moves Mr. Governor!
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Kulas: 7:01am On Apr 05, 2018
That's my active and performing Governor. Your road to second term in office will never encounter any blockage. Ndi Enugu is solidly behind you come 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by philtex(m): 7:02am On Apr 05, 2018
G00D W0RKS BUHARI grin
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by michae1004: 7:07am On Apr 05, 2018
philtex:
G00D W0RKS BUHARI grin
Who be buhari. Are you referring to this...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Alex80s(m): 7:08am On Apr 05, 2018
He is really humble which is one of the qualities of a good leader. During my time in ESUT 2008/2009, our tuition was increased from 47k to 102k. The first protest, was the last one till Sullivan handed over to Gburugburu. Soldiers were used to intimidate students. We couldn't even come outside the class b/C soldiers dared us not to.
Behold, the first protest by few students last year, they even entered the government house. Not only that they succeeded in their plea but even came back with 1m cash.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by michae1004: 7:09am On Apr 05, 2018
Good. Now it will take me 30 minutes to travel from Enugu to umunze.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Possican(m): 7:15am On Apr 05, 2018
Igbo amaka. Though our enslaved brothers YEMI OSIBANDE dem...and others from that side will not be happy with this....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by shortgun(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2018
So happy that the road will be fixed finally.
I can't forget when I had to abandon my car on that road till d next day.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Fatherofdragons: 7:31am On Apr 05, 2018
themosthigh:
Though proudly Igbos, they are not tribalistic and religion does not enter their head. A typical Enugu man will not care if you are Igbo or Yoruba, Christian or Muslim unless you openly offend him or try to take something from him.
Unlike Anambra people that are rash,aggressive and ended up leading other Igbos to the Biafran onslaught, they are tactical, visionary and still not timid or primitive.
Go to some of their villages and you will see mosques and churches together without problems, igalas and idomas living side by side with Igbo people without conflict and problems settled by diplomacy and wisdom not violence.
IMO/abia people are not aggressive but are too dishonorable and tricky and many are not proudly Igbos, leave their land to live in Lagos for decades without coming back.
Ebonyi people are divided into the IMO like people,Enugu like people and primitivist people.
If their is ever going to be an Igbo president, it has to be an Enugu man. Even I myself can vote them.
AFONJA STOP WRITING SH*T

19 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by satowind(m): 7:42am On Apr 05, 2018
Is high time
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by DonMaxxy(m): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2018
themosthigh:
Fatherofdragons:
AFONJA STOP WRITING SH*T

Afonjas from the sh*thole always spewing sh*t...too bad

17 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Goodnuel: 7:46am On Apr 05, 2018
Good man, he's truly loved by his people...

Enugu is a very lucky state..
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by gidgiddy: 7:47am On Apr 05, 2018
themosthigh:

Afonja. Instead of you to mind your business in Ogbomosho before it becomes an Emirate like Iwo, you are here spewing trash

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by DonMaxxy(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2018
gidgiddy:

Afonja. Instead of you to mind your business in Ogbomosho before it becomes an Emirate like Iwo, you are here spewing trash

Man tell the scumbag more
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Young03(m): 7:50am On Apr 05, 2018
Truth is that we nsukka people have the fear of God
and we have a good heart
God bless Nsukka God bless Enugu
God bless ugwuanyi
Enugu state is in the hands of God
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Lilimax(f): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2018
themosthigh:
Isokusan le nsan! undecided
Stop delving into what you don't know you Afonja Muslim smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Young03(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2018
Even the Apc in enugu state is congratulating ugwuanyi as the best governor enugu has produced

infact nwodo is n nsukka man and he did same during his time

Nsukka amaka

nothing go stop me marrying from nsukka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2018
themosthigh:

So you've finaly decided to be unfortunate in life..
Smh..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by CoolAmbience(m): 8:24am On Apr 05, 2018
themosthigh:

You know next to nothing about what you are talking.

Outstanding Anambrarians, from all works of life, put Ndigbo in general on the global map. Speak of globally acclaimed intellectuals like Chinua Achebe, Alex Ekwueme, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chimamanda Adichie, Emeka Anyaoku, Dora Akunyili, Innocent Chukwuma, Philip Emeagwali, Paul & Paul Okoye, John Mikel Obi etc.

Since when has been rash or aggressive been associated with nativity? Though you may want to argue further, but I make bold to say that no state in the entire SE has contributed more outstandingly to giving Ndigbo her pride of place in Nigeria than Anambra state, no one.

Name your so-called 'diplomatic' Enugu people and let's put them side by side with the few names I have reeled out here.
Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Mrval20(m): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Outstanding Anambrarians, from all works of life, put Ndigbo in general on the global map. Speak of globally acclaimed intellectuals like Chinua Achebe, Alex Ekwueme, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chimamanda Adichie, Emeka Anyaoku, Dora Akunyili, Innocent Chukwuma, Philip Emeagwali, Paul & Paul Okoye, John Mikel Obi etc.

Since when has been rash or aggressive been associated with nativity? Though you may want to argue further, but I make bold to say that no state in the entire SE has contributed more outstandingly to giving Ndigbo her pride of place in Nigeria than Anambra state, no one.

Name your so-called 'diplomatic' Enugu people and let's put them side by side with the few names I have reeled out here.

Too bad you fell for this. SMH

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by comrChris(m): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2018
CoolAmbience:

You too you are not wise, he wanted to pull your legs and you have danced to his tune

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by Possican(m): 8:43am On Apr 05, 2018
gidgiddy:

IWO EMIRATE and OGBOMOSHO pro EMIRATE enslaved and subservient race grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road by KratosCorp: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2018
Igbos are one and with very large indigenous population in 7 states NOT 5.

[s]
themosthigh:
[/s]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rains, Major Challenge To Power Transmission, Distribution – Fashola / Nigeria- A Mere Geographical Expression- Awolowo(1947) / Evacuation Of Cargoes By Rail From Seaports Begins Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.