Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,836 members, 7,798,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About (3623 Views)

Help! Can't Endure Light At Night & Chemical Odours That Others Don't Perceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Prognose: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
While it's perfectly natural for your pussy to have some sort of aroma, certain vaginal odors can indicate a serious infection — particularly when accompanied by a change in color, amount, or consistency of vaginal discharge, according to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Here are the smells you should look out for to assess whether your scent is super normal, or soured and in need of medical treatment.

1. MUSKY
When your vagina is healthy, its scent can vary based on your activity level. For instance, after a super-intense exercise, you may notice a stronger, muskier almost goat-like smell due to moisture released by sweat glands in the surrounding region, according to Dr. Wider. While this tends to be 100 percent normal, any scent that bothers you enough to want to cover it up warrants a call to your doctor just in case something more serious is up, since an out-of-the-ordinary or intolerable change could signal an infection, according to ACOG.

2. FISHY

If your vagina gives off a strong, fishy odor that smells foul, chances are you're suffering from an infection, according to ACOG. If the odor increases right after sex, or it's accompanied by an increase in discharge, it could be bacterial vaginosis, a condition marked by an overgrowth of bacteria that upsets the vagina's delicate PH balance, which can be cleared up with antibiotics. Or, if you notice greenish discharge, vaginal itching, and pain when you pee, you could have trichomoniasis, a common and treatable sexually transmitted disease. Either way, you'll want to see your doctor for treatment — and never resort to washing deep inside the vagina, since the practice has been linked to hormonal disruptions, chronic disease, and reproductive and developmental problems as well as heightened risk of ovarian cancer.

3. BLEACHY

Dr. Wider says lubricants or condoms can contribute to this smell, which most women liken to chlorine or bleach, she says. Luckily, it's nothing to be worried about — just restock your sex drawer if these scents bother you.

4. YEASTY

While there's normally a small amount of yeast present inside your vagina, yeast infections occur when there's an overgrowth due to lubrications, spermicides, antibiotic use, or even pregnancy, according to ACOG.

You'll know something's up if you notice a faint, bread-like smell along with cottage cheese-like or akamu-like discharge. While you should inform your doctor to confirm this diagnosis, most yeast infections can be cured with anti-fungal medications, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

5. TINNY OR METALLIC SMELL

If your vagina seems to smell a bit off or vaguely metallic when you get your period, don't sound the alarms. See, when you have your period, the blood can mix with the natural state of a healthy vagina and give off a different — but typically normal — smell, according to Dr. Wider.

6. SWEET

Anecdotally, your diet can affect the taste and scent of your vagina. For instance, citrus fruits like oranges, pineapple, mango and grapefruit have been known to sweeten the smell and taste of vaginal fluids, according to Dr. Wider. On the other hand, onions, garlic, broccoli, and asparagus can cause what some describe as an "unpleasant" odor and taste, she says. Hey, to each their own!

Source https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a10241526/vaginal-odors
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jesus My Lord!

The Types Of Pussy smell shocked

Hope Its still Safe To Still Put Dick Inside
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by ipobarecriminals: 9:51pm On Apr 04, 2018
sad women. don sufa
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Liliyann(f): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2018
Why must it be women all the time?
No matter how bad a pussy smell it still doesn't reach the smell of guys private part!!!
The pubic hairs of most guys is brown!

8 Likes

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Timagex(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
Women dey try sha... ;De one of the fish, is it cat fish or cray fish? grin
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by izaray(f): 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
Timagex:
Women dey try sha... ;De one of the fish, is it cat fish or cray fish? grin
Op tell us d smell of d one you have been digging cool Or are you a virgin
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by jericco1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
I'll read on her behalf
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by swiz123(m): 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
My bae's own has no smell abegi. She has the cleanest vj I've ever seen

1 Like

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by izaray(f): 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:
No matter how bad a pussy smell it still doesn't reach the smell of guys private part!!!
Swthrt don't mind them, as if they can do without us cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by id4sho(m): 10:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:
BJ giver spotted

2 Likes

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by CAPSLOCKED: 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:

NOBODY CAN ARGUE THIS WITH YOU, AFTERALL YOU'RE THE WH0RE OF BABYLON.

YOU'VE LAID ALMOST EVERY MAN IN YOUR CITY AND STILL COUNTING. KUDOS. smiley

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Martin0(m): 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2018
honestly op I do talk before that ladies got smelly pussy, but now with what I have seen over years I concluded, smelly pussy is caused by lack of proper maintenance .

it took me a hard earned bold step to walk up to my mum, sisters and asked them this questions about smelly pussy just to all finally conclude.

Again how about men who have allowed their dick hair to look brown, I wonder why!

I have never seen a lady with brown pussy hair before, what wrong

3 Likes

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:
lol Headmistress I won't argue we smell down there and even have secretions from the anus but it isn't comparable to the oozing pungent smell coming out from an uncatered pussy,not to mention girls asses stink more often than Guy's own. I advice u stop sniffing hairy balls and focus more on ur yeast infections Miss

2 Likes

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Timagex(m): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
izaray:
Op tell us d smell of d one you have been digging cool Or are you a virgin
. Only one way to find out.... wink cool
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by makydebbie(f): 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:
What's the problem? I see no problem here.
Some ladies don't know this, ignore the messenger and focus on the message. You don't know how this thread will help some ladies here.

This is a nice one in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by apenaola(m): 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:

u must have seen more than enough before coming to such conclusion.

I guess u change d kinda dirty guys u hangout with.
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by apenaola(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
izaray:
Swthrt don't mind them, as if they can do without us cheesy

and vice versa
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Prognose: 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
makydebbie:
What's the problem? I see no problem here.
Some ladies don't know this, ignore the messenger and focus on the message. You don't know how this thread will help some ladies here.

This is a nice one in my opinion.

Thank you!

This was meant to be educative, not provocative in any way.
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Prognose: 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:

Did you read the topic at all? I'm sure if you did you would have learnt a thing or two.
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2018
Why the emotions? Sometimes, make una just read and learn.

I never knew there is metallic and bleachy smell, now I know.
Oh well, once the nunu doesn't feel or smell right...see a doctor.
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Martinez19(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:
Ehn! No dey talk that kain thing. A rotten pussy is far more intolerable than a rotten dick. If you don't know, now you know.
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by BabbanBura(m): 11:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
Liliyann:

Mek i talk wetin dey ma mind?
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by BabbanBura(m): 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
ceejayx:

lol Headmistress I won't argue we smell down there and even have secretions from the anus but it isn't comparable to the oozing pungent smell coming out from an uncatered pussy,not to mention girls asses stink more often than Guy's own. I advice u stop sniffing hairy balls and focus more on ur yeast infections Miss

Ah Bros, small small now!
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by makydebbie(f): 12:03am On Apr 05, 2018
Prognose:

Thank you!

This was meant to be educative, not provocative in any way.
Some folks just want to fight in everything without reasoning.
Thanks for the thread. I didn't know about metallic smell and bleachy smell too, thanks to you, now I know. smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Yankiss(m): 12:08am On Apr 05, 2018
Liliyann:

Geh, you just dated poo. lol grin grin grin
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by SmellingAnus(m): 12:10am On Apr 05, 2018
Some Toto smell pass shit self... Shout out to those women that make sure their pussy has a friendly smell/scent...
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by femi4: 6:28am On Apr 05, 2018
Liliyann:
yet you suck a dick as if your life depends on it

1 Like

Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by prechbills1(m): 6:50am On Apr 05, 2018
Prognose:
[s]While it's perfectly natural for your pussy to have some sort of aroma, certain vaginal odors can indicate a serious infection — particularly when accompanied by a change in color, amount, or consistency of vaginal discharge, according to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Here are the smells you should look out for to assess whether your scent is super normal, or soured and in need of medical treatment.

1. MUSKY
When your vagina is healthy, its scent can vary based on your activity level. For instance, after a super-intense exercise, you may notice a stronger, muskier almost goat-like smell due to moisture released by sweat glands in the surrounding region, according to Dr. Wider. While this tends to be 100 percent normal, any scent that bothers you enough to want to cover it up warrants a call to your doctor just in case something more serious is up, since an out-of-the-ordinary or intolerable change could signal an infection, according to ACOG.

2. FISHY

If your vagina gives off a strong, fishy odor that smells foul, chances are you're suffering from an infection, according to ACOG. If the odor increases right after sex, or it's accompanied by an increase in discharge, it could be bacterial vaginosis, a condition marked by an overgrowth of bacteria that upsets the vagina's delicate PH balance, which can be cleared up with antibiotics. Or, if you notice greenish discharge, vaginal itching, and pain when you pee, you could have trichomoniasis, a common and treatable sexually transmitted disease. Either way, you'll want to see your doctor for treatment — and never resort to washing deep inside the vagina, since the practice has been linked to hormonal disruptions, chronic disease, and reproductive and developmental problems as well as heightened risk of ovarian cancer.

3. BLEACHY

Dr. Wider says lubricants or condoms can contribute to this smell, which most women liken to chlorine or bleach, she says. Luckily, it's nothing to be worried about — just restock your sex drawer if these scents bother you.

4. YEASTY

While there's normally a small amount of yeast present inside your vagina, yeast infections occur when there's an overgrowth due to lubrications, spermicides, antibiotic use, or even pregnancy, according to ACOG.

You'll know something's up if you notice a faint, bread-like smell along with cottage cheese-like or akamu-like discharge. While you should inform your doctor to confirm this diagnosis, most yeast infections can be cured with anti-fungal medications, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

5. TINNY OR METALLIC SMELL

If your vagina seems to smell a bit off or vaguely metallic when you get your period, don't sound the alarms. See, when you have your period, the blood can mix with the natural state of a healthy vagina and give off a different — but typically normal — smell, according to Dr. Wider.

6. SWEET

Anecdotally, your diet can affect the taste and scent of your vagina. For instance, citrus fruits like oranges, pineapple, mango and grapefruit have been known to sweeten the smell and taste of vaginal fluids, according to Dr. Wider. On the other hand, onions, garlic, broccoli, and asparagus can cause what some describe as an "unpleasant" odor and taste, she says. Hey, to each their own!

Source https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a10241526/vaginal-odors
[/s]

white ladies pussies don't smell.. only African ladies vaginas smell .
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by prechbills1(m): 6:53am On Apr 05, 2018
Martin0:

honestly op I do talk before that ladies got smelly pussy, but now with what I have seen over years I concluded, smelly pussy is caused by lack of proper maintenance .

it took me a hard earned bold step to walk up to my mum, sisters and asked them this questions about smelly pussy just to all finally conclude.

Again how about men who have allowed their dick hair to look brown, I wonder why!

I have never seen a lady with brown pussy hair before, what wrong

any man that can give an African lady head is a disgrace to civilization and manhood..
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 05, 2018
A very educative thread. Hmmmm
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by Martin0(m): 7:09am On Apr 05, 2018
prechbills1:

any man that can give an African lady head is a disgrace to civilization and manhood..

u mean any man who can't do such is a disgrace

hmm honestly bro am one of those, but trust me, I would have be a head master if only I never felt irritated or probably my ex may go pantless
Re: 6 Vaginal Odours Every Woman Needs To Know About by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:11am On Apr 05, 2018
Martin0:

u mean any man who can't do such is a disgrace

hmm honestly bro am one of those, but trust me, I would have be a head master if only I never felt irritated or probably my ex may go pantless

Hahahahaha.... cheesy

Goodness me Martin...u made my afternoon ooo grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African Teacher's Curvy Backside Makes Her Popular Among Her Students And / Instagram Model Catharine Khoza Naked Video With Huge Br@ast Leak Online / If My Boyfriend Doesn’t Beat Me A Day, I Will Be So Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.