Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. (2229 Views)

Christ Embassy Has Raised 50 People From The Dead - Chris Oyakhilome / Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Hate Speech Bill At Shiloh (Video) / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
Before I begin, let me first say that at one point in my life, Pastor Chris' messages were what kept me going. I was low emotionally, psychologically and spiritually when I came across his tapes. I would by his tapes and spend time listening and being encouraged.
Yet right from that early time, I had no intentions of ever being a CE member. No matter how I felt blessed by the messages, I could not numb my conscience to the immodesty and worldliness I saw in the members. As time went on, I met other bible teachers who matched the message of grace with the fear of the Lord (holy living), so I became less interested in 'Pastor'. His teaching on marriage, masturbation, etc. also became cause for concern. His classic response to his wife's filing for divorce estranged me greatly from this once-revered MOG. I still believe he is a MOG.
So one day I was in a situation where I had no video or something to entertain me. I was in a situation where there was no one to talk to. Then along came this CE member on "evangelism." I gave him the opportunity, we talked and I bought some video messages and also some Frank Edwards music clips from him. And then began his aggressive attempt to get me join CE.
I am not quick to tell people off. I just thought that my simple refusal would be enough, but I was yet to encounter the aggressiveness of this evangelsit. This guy asked me if I have any dreams about music. I said yes. He then made me understand how t I could become the next Sinach or Frank. Now I love these two. I actually "adore" Sinach's music.
The "evangelist" told me that I would never succeed in the church I attend. That I needed the CE platform to be exposed to the world. Unknown to him, I had already written down what I think my music ministry should look like and there was no resemblance of it to CE.
His visits continued. I would not give all the details. Permit me raise the points of concern. My reason for doing this is to enlighten CE members to their obvious ignorance, and to warn others about the aggressiveness of CE with their message.

1. arrogance.

I was already born-again for thirteen years, and Spirit-filled; hearing and following God's will for my life. This guy was just about two or three years born again. Now I admit that length of time is not synonymous with maturity but that was not the case with me. Yet this guy acted as if I knew nothing about the Bible. He wanted to organize foundation classes for me. He should have asked or evaluated where I stood. He didn’t. He simply concluded that since I was in an inferior church, I needed to be taught the basics of Christianity.

2. Pastor.

We could talk for hours. His talk was usually: pastor always tells us…Pastor said this…Pastor is going up, pastor is going down…Pastor is this…o pastor…o our ministry…
I took offense one day and told him that we should discuss bible; that I find his extravagant praise for Pastor and ministry offensive. He would talk of pastor as if pastor was my pastor too! When I cautioned him, he didn’t heed. I guess it was engrained in him; he didn’t know how to talk without quoting pastor.

3. Perspective on success

This guy told me emphatically that success out of CE is not success; he implied that if i went ahead with my dream without being in CE I was out of the will of God, and though I may succeed in the eyes of the world, it won't be considered success in the eyes of God. Imagine! He actually came one time when I was playing Elijah Oyelade's Glorious God. He peeped into the screen and just sat back quietly. Imagine what was his thoughts were. Had it been Frank or Joe or Sinach! I would have heard a sermon.

4. Playing the role of God.

At that time, technically I was not working a job. God had told me to quit my job and take a different career path. So I was going the direction I believed God told me to go. But what I was doing was not yet yielding money. When this guy would bring pastor's books and tapes, and I would not buy because I didn’t have money, he became offended. He told me to go look for a job; that I was wrong to quit my job. It is not much about what he said; it's the way he said it. By this time, my encounter with him was about 3 months or so old. When he first saw me and was luring me to become a member, I was usually addressed as "saint X." By this time since he knew I was not going to grant him the joy of boasting about an aspiring musical soul "won" for the church, he let down his niceness and became almost "vicious." He told me things allegedly by the Spirit of God, but they were all lies. I debunked his lies.
I also decided to end the nonsense that day. I told him I have zero intentions of being in CE and that I don't want to ever set my eyes on him. He left and never came back… for some months. Then he tried coming back again, but the door had been bolted.
But I was boiling 'cause of how and what he had said. I needed to talk or I'd explode. So I turned to Facebook. Without mentioning names, I simply talked about someone harassing me to join their church and come under the spiritual authority of their MOG. I then talked about men of God worship syndrome. As the comments came in, my junior brother, I mean my immediate follower as we say it in the mother tongue, commented on how one guy is harassing him to make their MOG, his own MOG. I sent my brother a private message and asked "is he a CE member," his reply was "yes". As we chatted, my brother told me the harassment was unbearable. It started when he attended their services and gave a heavy offering. (How did they know he gave that amount?). He regretted attending the service, not because of the money he gave but because of the club-like environment he found there.

Now to CE members

Each time people raise such issues, CE members come out and defend themselves. One of their most common defenses is that the ministry continues despite the "attacks". When Pastor Anita left, she was castigated, and they said the ministry is still growing without her. Thus CE members equate population and money to success. They think their population and prosperity make their actions right. But success with God is different from success with man. God shall test every man's work with fire. It is not the amount of work, but the quality of work that matters.
CE members also defend their worldly dressing by saying the bible doesn’t say anything about this or that mode of dressing. The bible uses modesty and decency, which are broad terms that would tell any God-fearing believer that there should be a difference between a Christian's dressing and that of an unbeliever. The bible doesn’t have to literally mention the words: trousers with holes, breast-exposing stripe-less gowns and blouses, skimpy skirts, trousers that carve out your buttocks and cause men to lust etc.

Note to all

Before you attend a church where the founder is also the owner, think twice. Pray and be sure God is leading you there. Manipulation, brainwashing and spiritual abuse are usually rampant in such environment. And funniest thing, the members don't usually acknowledge it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by tammyboy1(m): 10:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
its more like you saying your experience with a Yoruba boy made you hate yorubas....poo
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
tammyboy1:
its more like you saying your experience with a Yoruba boy made you hate yorubas....poo
yeah, if the yoruba tells me how other yorubas behave. i didnt get into details with all he said!!
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Don't hate the player hate the game!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Greatzeus(m): 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
no2churchianity:
Before I begin, let me first say that at one point in my life, Pastor Chris' messages were what kept me going. I was low emotionally, psychologically and spiritually when I came across his tapes. I would by his tapes and spend time listening and being encouraged.
Yet right from that early time, I had no intentions of ever being a CE member. No matter how I felt blessed by the messages, I could not numb my conscience to the immodesty and worldliness I saw in the members. As time went on, I met other bible teachers who matched the message of grace with the fear of the Lord (holy living), so I became less interested in 'Pastor'. His teaching on marriage, masturbation, etc. also became cause for concern. His classic response to his wife's filing for divorce estranged me greatly from this once-revered MOG. I still believe he is a MOG.
So one day I was in a situation where I had no video or something to entertain me. I was in a situation where there was no one to talk to. Then along came this CE member on "evangelism." I gave him the opportunity, we talked and I bought some video messages and also some Frank Edwards music clips from him. And then began his aggressive attempt to get me join CE.
I am not quick to tell people off. I just thought that my simple refusal would be enough, but I was yet to encounter the aggressiveness of this evangelsit. This guy asked me if I have any dreams about music. I said yes. He then made me understand how t I could become the next Sinach or Frank. Now I love these two. I actually "adore" Sinach's music.
The "evangelist" told me that I would never succeed in the church I attend. That I needed the CE platform to be exposed to the world. Unknown to him, I had already written down what I think my music ministry should look like and there was no resemblance of it to CE.
His visits continued. I would not give all the details. Permit me raise the points of concern. My reason for doing this is to enlighten CE members to their obvious ignorance, and to warn others about the aggressiveness of CE with their message.

1. arrogance.

I was already born-again for thirteen years, and Spirit-filled; hearing and following God's will for my life. This guy was just about two or three years born again. Now I admit that length of time is not synonymous with maturity but that was not the case with me. Yet this guy acted as if I knew nothing about the Bible. He wanted to organize foundation classes for me. He should have asked or evaluated where I stood. He didn’t. He simply concluded that since I was in an inferior church, I needed to be taught the basics of Christianity.

2. Pastor.

We could talk for hours. His talk was usually: pastor always tells us…Pastor said this…Pastor is going up, pastor is going down…Pastor is this…o pastor…o our ministry…
I took offense one day and told him that we should discuss bible; that I find his extravagant praise for Pastor and ministry offensive. He would talk of pastor as if pastor was my pastor too! When I cautioned him, he didn’t heed. I guess it was engrained in him; he didn’t know how to talk without quoting pastor.

This guy told me emphatically that success out of CE is not success; he implied that if i went ahead with my dream without being in CE I was out of the will of God, and though I may succeed in the eyes of the world, it won't be considered success in the eyes of God. Imagine! He actually came one time when I was playing Elijah Oyelade's Glorious God. He peeped into the screen and just sat back quietly. Imagine what was his thoughts were. Had it been Frank or Joe or Sinach! I would have heard a sermon.

At that time, technically I was not working a job. God had told me to quit my job and take a different career path. So I was going the direction I believed God told me to go. But what I was doing was not yet yielding money. When this guy would bring pastor's books and tapes, and I would not buy because I didn’t have money, he became offended. He told me to go look for a job; that I was wrong to quit my job. It is not much about what he said; it's the way he said it. By this time, my encounter with him was about 3 months or so old. When he first saw me and was luring me to become a member, I was usually addressed as "saint X." By this time since he knew I was not going to grant him the joy of boasting about an aspiring musical soul "won" for the church, he let down his niceness and became almost "vicious." He told me things allegedly by the Spirit of God, but they were all lies. I debunked his lies.
I also decided to end the nonsense that day. I told him I have zero intentions of being in CE and that I don't want to ever set my eyes on him. He left and never came back… for some months. Then he tried coming back again, but the door had been bolted.
But I was boiling 'cause of how and what he had said. I needed to talk or I'd explode. So I turned to Facebook. Without mentioning names, I simply talked about someone harassing me to join their church and come under the spiritual authority of their MOG. I then talked about men of God worship syndrome. As the comments came in, my junior brother, I mean my immediate follower as we say it in the mother tongue, commented on how one guy is harassing him to make their MOG, his own MOG. I sent my brother a private message and asked "is he a CE member," his reply was "yes". As we chatted, my brother told me the harassment was unbearable. It started when he attended their services and gave a heavy offering. (How did they know he gave that amount?). He regretted attending the service, not because of the money he gave but because of the club-like environment he found there.

Now to CE members

Each time people raise such issues, CE members come out and defend themselves. One of their most common defenses is that the ministry continues despite the "attacks". When Pastor Anita left, she was castigated, and they said the ministry is still growing without her. Thus CE members equate population and money to success. They think their population and prosperity make their actions right. But success with God is different from success with man. God shall test every man's work with fire. It is not the amount of work, but the quality of work that matters.
CE members also defend their worldly dressing by saying the bible doesn’t say anything about this or that mode of dressing. The bible uses modesty and decency, which are broad terms that would tell any God-fearing believer that there should be a difference between a Christian's dressing and that of an unbeliever. The bible doesn’t have to literally mention the words: trousers with holes, breast-exposing stripe-less gowns and blouses, skimpy skirts, trousers that carve out your buttocks and cause men to lust etc.

Note to all

Before you attend a church where the founder is also the owner, think twice. Pray and be sure God is leading you there. Manipulation, brainwashing and spiritual abuse are usually rampant in such environment. And funniest thing, the members don't usually acknowledge it.

Well I actually read some or most of your post,I already got your message,want I will say is if we want to judge churches by one member,then we will all hate each other cos as family,neighbours,co workers etc we offend one another, should I now hate Rccg,deeper life,cac,ccc, Catholic,etc because one of their members offended me?
As for music,Ada is the new hot. Nobody I say, Nobody sings good music like this girl for now. Sinach is great but she is always pushed down members throat. I remember Pastor Chris after a message,with millions of viewers,asked the members to go buy Sinach latest album.
This album Future now by Ada has 16 tracks,with like 14 classic that will hold it's own using any musical standard. Who releases 16 tracks nowadays,this girl is the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 05, 2018
Greatzeus:

Well I actually read some or most of your post,I already got your message,want I will say is if we want to judge churches by one member,then we will all hate each other cos as family,neighbours,co workers etc we offend one another, should I now hate Rccg,deeper life,cac,ccc, Catholic,etc because one of their members offended me?
is the attitude here descriptive of Christ embassy? Yes! my brother had the same experience with another CE member telling him to come under Pastor C's 'covering'. this is not an isolated case. hardly would you find a CE member who doesnt believe they are superior to you, just because you are not a CE member.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Maestro21: 2:28am On Apr 05, 2018
You want to sell a book so the best option is to lie with CEC because you know it will attract crowds.

Ride on.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Maestro21: 2:31am On Apr 05, 2018
Greatzeus:

As for music,Ada is the new hot. Nobody I say, Nobody sings good music like this girl for now. Sinach is great but she is always pushed down members throat. I remember Pastor Chris after a message,with millions of viewers,asked the members to go buy Sinach latest album.
This album Future now by Ada has 16 tracks,with like 14 classic that will hold it's own using any musical standard. Who releases 16 tracks nowadays,this girl is the best.

You can raise one without pushing the other down. There are many countries around the world that hear Sinach and like her without Pastor instructing them to patronise her. You do realise Benny Hinn met her on his own and felt the anointing so strong on him that he asked to meet her Pastor.

Do not be divisive and do not buy the lies of scoffers.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 05, 2018
I follow peter, I follow paul...
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by NoToPile: 7:53am On Apr 05, 2018
Interesting thread grin
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Greatzeus(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2018
Maestro21:

You can raise one without pushing the other down. There are many countries around the world that hear Sinach and like her without Pastor instructing them to patronise her. You do realise Benny Hinn met her on his own and felt the anointing so strong on him that he asked to meet her Pastor.

You are right.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by jared007: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2018
Mr Op both u and the CE member that followed u up are kids in Christendom. It doesn't matter if u have been born again since 1820. We have funny characters in every church but when will u ever see a true Christ Embassy member come out in public to condemn other churches?
It's always other churches condemning us?
Would an adult judge an entire family by the character of "little junior?"
Yes if the adult is a kid himself.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by sparog(m): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2018
Na wa ooh
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by MrPRevailer(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
You should not judge a church by the deeds of a professing member of the church. It's wrong.

But what you said about trousers, and seductive clothing, the Pastor there needs to teach such message regularly, Or else, I don't know which Heaven they are trying to enter.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Maestro21: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
jared007:
Mr Op both u and the CE member that followed u up are kids in Christendom. It doesn't matter if u have been born again since 1820. We have funny characters in every church but when will u ever see a true Christ Embassy member come out in public to condemn other churches?
It's always other churches condemning us?
Would an adult judge an entire family by the character of "little junior?"
Yes if the adult is a kid himself.

You of all people should know the story is a lie. Pastor Chris has referred so many times to other ministers that it is not possible for any leader to conclude that anyone not in CEC is not a true success.

Then a CE leader was doing evangelism by selling Frank Edwards and Pastors tapes really? We don't even sell Rhapsody during evangelism. Tapes are sold at the stand in churches not at evangelism. Then which CE leader will evangelize to you and not lead you to christ but instead be visiting constantly? Every body evangelizing is taught to even ask people the fundamental question skillfully before proceeding and no leader will preach to anyone who is already saved. How many times have you heard pastor say he is not interested in taking someone from another minister?

1. The guy was being arrogant yet a spirit filled Christian is saying "he was JUST born-again for 2 or 3 years"?

2. Did you read his second point? This person is a clown.

3. Or number 3? LOL

4. A CE leader spent months preaching to one person who he never asked if the person was saved? Hahahahaha. The CE leader must have been jobless like the OP.

Did you read his conclusion? Worldly dressing, gowns without stripes haha hahaha. This guy writes like some broke writer who used to change his handles a lot in the anti-tithe brigade. The story is poorly made up and has no semblance to CEC at all.

If OP wants to lie, he need not write long garbage. Just take one false story like " masturbation is not sin" and run with it. It will make more sense.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by jared007: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
Maestro21:

You of all people should know the story is a lie. Pastor Chris has referred so many times to other ministers that it is not possible for any leader to conclude that anyone not in CEC is not a true success.

Then a CE leader was doing evangelism by selling Frank Edwards and Pastors tapes really? We don't even sell Rhapsody during evangelism. Tapes are sold at the stand in churches not at evangelism. Then which CE leader will evangelize to you and not lead you to christ but instead be visiting constantly? Every body evangelizing is taught to even ask people the fundamental question skillfully before proceeding and no leader will preach to anyone who is already saved. How many times have you heard pastor say he is not interested in taking someone from another minister?

1. The guy was being arrogant yet a spirit filled Christian is saying "he was JUST born-again for 2 or 3 years"?

3. Or number 3? LOL

4. A CE leader spent months preaching to one person who he never asked if the person was saved? Hahahahaha. The CE leader must have been jobless like the OP.

Did you read his conclusion? Worldly dressing, gowns without stripes haha hahaha. This guy writes like some broke writer who used to change his handles a lot in the anti-tithe brigade. The story is poorly made up and has no semblance to CEC at all.

If OP wants to lie, he need not write long garbage. Just take one false story like " masturbation is not sin" and run with it. It will make more sense.
My Brother tnx for the correction joor. The guy got me irritated that I didn't even bother to read the irritating post to the end.

People like the Op would still be the first amongst haters to run to our crusades. Abi na only Christ Embassy members dey fill our crusade grounds?
The Pharisees keep studying the word without coming to maturity.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by M0ron: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
no2churchianity:

1. arrogance.

2. Pastor.

Now to CE members

Note to all

In short, you befriended a believer who got under your skin. We do. We all do at some point. We also get under others’ skin.

On to Christ Embassy.
I fault believers for being far too ‘meek’. Get some balls and tell people in hour face exactly how you feel. Had you done this you’d have spared yourself the agony plus the time it took to compose this novel.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by M0ron: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
Maestro21:

Correct

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by M0ron: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
Maestro21:

3. Or number 3? LOL

Ignoramus,
Evangelism is in quotation marks
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Maestro21: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
M0ron:

Ignoramus,
Evangelism is in quotation marks

Apt moniker you’ve got there. So even when you say anything, you would be wrong.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by mystiquemaestro(m): 3:51am On Apr 07, 2018
Christ Embassy members are all here speaking from their anus.

Suddenly, they call the OP names and talk about how they have crowds. Same stuff they said about their own Pastor, Anita, when she couldn't stand their pastor anymore.

People who are unwilling to drop Fornication or the ways of the world, know where it is easy to mix the word and the world.

The OP made a highly intelligent, honest and comprehensive review here in this article, instead of calling him names, I suggest you guys learn from it, and improve yourselves.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 07, 2018
Op raised some issues that are true. Some of the things he said are what my friends complained about CE.
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:10am On Apr 07, 2018
no2churchianity the problem is with the religious system of our time and this pastoral system is just killing us. You see Christians worshipping their pastors it's just terrible, the whole religious system is terrible. Look at us, innocent people that just want to know and follow God, but this religious system is draining the life out of our spiritual life. It not easily following God with the religious system in existence.

We need to come out from among them.
https://www.nairaland.com/4439645/tired-religious-system-church-today
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by M0ron: 10:21am On Apr 10, 2018
Maestro21:

Apt moniker you’ve got there. So even when you say anything, you would be wrong.
Idiot
Re: My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. by Maestro21: 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
M0ron:

Idiot

Heheheheheehe

(1) (Reply)

Us Couple Arrested For Selling Golden Tickets To Heaven. / What If Christians Ruled The World ? / Akiane's Story Proves Atheists Wrong: Born To Atheists Yet Religious As A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.