Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori (51642 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Firefire(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Useless post.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by wellmax(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schools have reason for rules. Abide and go elsewhere
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
s
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
They should sue the stupid school.... What rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by aguiyi2: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
Where are the cut hairs?,that should be the question.I don't trust most of these G.O's.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by olowobaba10: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
a
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by zamanient: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
All this pipo sef nawa for dem ooo
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Sethkoms: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
[quote author=Generica post=66446927]The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.

So the owner of the school can decide tomorrow that the girls should wear bikini and the boys should rock Rasta dada to class abi...I think this should be an institution where adults are trained not a military school “.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by oluwaahmed: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
GavelSlam:

He is a stupid old man.

Not just him though.

The university is a place where your natural talent is nurtured and encouraged provided it doesn't impinge on another's rights or safety.

The talents, pride and creativity of the black man is being forcibly pounded by these crazy bald-heads who cannot understand the purpose of education.

Some of these things many of you might never understand due to your life circumstances.

To think the hypocrite even rocked much longer hair in his youth and whilst allegedly anointed is taking the micky.

Stupid old man.

U sure say u no be daddy freeze
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
Throwback:
Earlier in the week, we were regaled by news that Covenant University embarked on a forced hair cutting for its male student population. The video of same also surfaced leaving many to wonder on the appropriateness of this action from the following standpoints

-Personal hygiene and public health, seeing that a single clipper was reused immediately for all.
-Fundamental human rights of an adult in a higher institution.
-The needlessness of the act as the video only showed students with regular moderate hair level being cut down to reveal the scalp.
-The hypocrisy of an older generation of adults to demonize the same hair levels and styles that were the norm in their days.
-The unrelenting demonization of the African hair by Africans and the bald headed.

Based on the last 2 points, I present to you younger pictures of Bishop David Oyedepo who is the founder of the school, to underscore the hypocrisy that history reveals.

Infact, I dare say that the likes of Matthew Ashimolowo, Pastor Adeboye and Ayo Oritsejafor cannot escape a scalp revealing haircut in a school like Covenant University, that has insisted that every male student must carry a bald head like its founder.

Does the headowner "Olori" not have rights over his own body?

No one was forced into CU
If you, as a student cannot abide by their rules and revulations, u are free to drop out
Stop all these sentimental analysis and use your 'research' time 4 something more productive
If u feel wronged, go to court or open ya own univrrsity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by iamdynamite(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
you are nothing but a fool
Aceed:
I don't understand all these media rants here and there.

Every organization, institution or company have their rules, their code of conduct.

If you don't like it, you fall out, no shekes.

And from my experience in boarding, there would have been some news making rounds within the campus before implementation, so it is not as if they woke up one morning to have their heads shaved without prior notice.

When you're in a place governed by laws, you obey the laws. If you feel obeying the laws will be an infringement of your rights, then leave and go to where your rights is law! angry

Abi, shey dem no sign terms and conditions of admission? undecided

And about the issue of sterility, I would say we are myopic, CU isn't a school that will be so careless not to enforce personal hygiene then go on to shave heads with just a clipper?

And even if it was a short sight on the part of CU, don't you think God is able to bar whatever demon n charge of whatever infection you guys are talking about to His glory?

A place where people go get get healing to diseases science haven't documented is where people are sighting the occurrence of infections?

Then I ask why do we follow Jesus if He can't even cover our blindsides?

Biko, don't underrate God!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by nightmile: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nigerians with their myopic way of reasoning, allow this air cut freedom in that school and you will begin to see fake dada and Pogba kind of hair style. If you can not obey the school rules and regulation move else where. Stop this noise. Most of the students in question have their school code of conduct signed by their parent.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Iyalayaibomaku: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
If it pain u forking muxlim about how Oyedepo and covenant are doing go and open Muhammad university and start bombing yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Sazzygreat(m): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
How do i post on Nairaland??
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by seguno2: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
Beemhan:
Hypocrites everywhere

Even in Aso Rock grin
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by davidodiba(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.

You so on point! Must you come to my school and dictate to me what the rules should be? Though the man have got real haters on nairaland tgat spew thrash at will sha

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 123business: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Hypocrites everywhere! How can you forcefully barb an adults hair because he is a student in your school? What is wrong with the african hair? same hair they rocked while they were much younger? Blody hypocrites.

And someone down here is saying since it is his school, he has the right to act savagely. That is the typical dark mentality that beclouds our sense of reasoning. So if I run an eatery and you come to my eatery to buy food, I have every right to serve you crawling insects? Because its my eatery and inasmuch as you are paying for the food, I can poison you willingly since you refuse to use other eateries?

Nonsense!
MaziOmenuko check out this baby

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Untainted007: 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Every organization, institution or company have their rules, their code of conduct.

And from my experience in boarding, there would have been some news making rounds within the campus before implementation, so it is not as if they woke up one morning to have their heads shaved without prior notice.

When you're in a place governed by laws, you obey the laws. If you feel obeying the laws will be an infringement of your rights, then leave and go to where your rights is law! angry

And about the issue of sterility, I would say we are myopic, CU isn't a school that will be so careless not to enforce personal hygiene then go on to shave heads with just a clipper?

And even if it was a short sight on the part of CU, don't you think God is able to bar whatever demon n charge of whatever infection you guys are talking about to His glory?

A place where people go get get healing to diseases science haven't documented is where people are sighting the occurrence of infections?

I'll say you have been brain washed by religious fanatics. So people go there to be cured so the school authority shud infect others with diseases so they can heal them 'miraculously abi' You are a shame to people with good sense of reasoning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 4kings: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2018
ireneidiva:

You kept going round and round. You ended up saying nothing.
Okay.
Was talking to someone though, didn't know it would enter frontpage.

Anyways what you understood or misunderstood is not my concern.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 4kings: 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Matthew 3:9 - And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 19:40 - And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

My opinion though
This is open to interpretations.
What do you mean in simple english?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

Clap for yourself!
You just put up a really dumb post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Zamad(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
THERE HEADS WERE SHAVED COS THEY DIDN'T BRING THEIR BIBLES TO THE CHURCH WHICH WAS AGAINST THE RULES.I SAW VARIOUS POSTS OF THE STUDENTS ON IG AND THEY KNOW THEY DID WRONG.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by bobbybrains(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
Spare the rode and spoil the child

Proverbs 13 vs 24.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by MrEndowed1: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2018
Well said
Generica:

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Yoruba4Life: 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
talk2archy:
thats my daddy

Thunder fire you and ur daddy!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
iamdynamite:
you are nothing but a fool
grin grin grin

I MAKE A BOLD DECLARATION HERE TODAY THAT THERE IS GOD!

I MAKE A BOLD DECLARATION HERE TODAY THAT THERE IS GOD!!

I MAKE A BOLD DECLARATION HERE TODAY THAT THERE IS GOD!!!
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
Untainted007:

I'll say you have been brain washed by religious fanatics. So people go there to be cured so the school authority shud infect others with diseases so they can heal them 'miraculously abi' You are a shame to people with good sense of reasoning.

Mr. unbeliever, don't put words in my mouth.

I said if it was a hindsight on the part of CU that God can take care of it...not that if CU wanted to knowingly infect their students...

And BTW, the brainwashed lingo you all have been using since ages have been washed in themselves, please restock your vocabulary.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ogwuche4u(m): 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

RUBBISH. ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by mattbass(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2018
The last time i checked CU was and still a private university and not government owned. So the owner can decide to enact rules that will suit his own style.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 4kings: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
mattbass:
The last time i checked CU was and still a private university and not government owned. So the owner can decide to enact rules that will suit his own style.
*human right*

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by BumbleDevil: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

The most IDIOTIC comment on Nairaland for the year 2018. You think through your ANUS and not your God given brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Motunrayo Afolayan: Olabisi Olaleye In Sex For Marks Accusation Scandal In OAU / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days / Lekki Nursery School Where Acceptance Fee Is N2million (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.