Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Can You Answer This Intriguing Football Question Raised By Football Analyst? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can You Answer This Intriguing Football Question Raised By Football Analyst? (865 Views)

Why Is Pep Guardolia So Hyped By Football Fans? / Referee Badly Beaten By Football Team After Losing In Penalty Shootout. / Ibrahimovic Gets Mobbed By Football Fans As He Touches Down In The US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Answer This Intriguing Football Question Raised By Football Analyst? by exlinklodge: 11:12am On Apr 05, 2018
A Twitter user and football analyst, Tosin have raised an interesting and intriguing question about who to represent English sides in UEFA Champions League next year if a certain scenario occurs going by the way premier league statistics table stands now.

In his tweet;

Wait, what will happen if Liverpool wins the UCL and finish 5th, and Arsenal wins the Europa League and finish 6th. Six teams representing England?

What is your take?

See people's suggestions below....

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/04/can-you-answer-this-intriguing-football.html?m=1

cc mynd44 dominique lalasticlala

Re: Can You Answer This Intriguing Football Question Raised By Football Analyst? by madridguy(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2018
Though don't know what UEFA new rule says about this, but I could remember clearly same scenario occurred in 2005 when Liverpool FC failed to finished top 4 after winning the UCL.

As at then, teams that occupied 3rd and 4th position will go for play-off and Everton FC that finished 4th then lost in the play-off.

Meanwhile, I think in two season or hereabout, 5 Spanish teams featured in the UCL.
My conclusion, if it occurs as the twitter football analyst said, I think the 3rd and the 4th teams on the table will still go for play off since the league winner, runner up, UCL and Europa winner will automatically qualify.

My opinion though.
Re: Can You Answer This Intriguing Football Question Raised By Football Analyst? by Shedrack777: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
there'll be either a match between arsenal and fourth place team to determine who goes to uefa or the fourth place team lose its spot in the uefa

(1) (Reply)

Champions League: Why Liverpool Fans Thanked Arsenal After 3-0 Win Over Manchest / Powerful Guidelines In Making PROFITS With Betting / #Bet9ja Winning Issa Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.