Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production (9229 Views)

Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed / How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running / Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by planetx13: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2018
anoda:

let me be your graphics designer, my pricing for startups is super cheap

If you think you are a good graphics guy , then WhatsApp me 09080950214
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by 1760: 9:31am On Apr 12, 2018
My opinion

Any business you wanna take make sure you go for shadowing or what people call aprrentiship. There you'll learn the do's and don't of that business, you'll also know how best the business survive, your market size, target population, what time of the year the business thrive more.

I know you'll learn many things when you do this
All the best

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by crunchyg: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

Thanks. but I need something that has the potential for growth in years to come(Career). I don't think I will be happy producing nylon in 10 years from now
You got me laughing with this, are you looking at what you will be happy producing or what will felt you money. What if you produce your bathing soap and it doesn't move in the market as you expect and some one is producing nylon and is cashing in money every day as an entrepreneur which is better. Bros use you tongue count your teeth grin
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by woledouble(m): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2018
MimiShopping:
Tissue paper is the cheapest to produce and the most profitable and easy to market.

Just water, pulp and mix!

Use Google and YouTube to search for how to produce tissue paper, don't rule it out. I once tried it when I was on sec school, have forgotten the whole process. But with internet, YouTube and google nowadays, u can find a way out easily.

Wish you the best, I love reading things like this.

Tell me about tissue production.i'm interested.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by castrol180(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2018
I am on the queue ready to learn from this thread
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by jazboy(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Jethrolite:
Keep your capital in fixed deposit of 6 months, join the manufacturing company you want to learn and work there for free. Learn all you can, jump from role to role, befriend the manager and learn everything practically before starting out on your own. Do a little online research about young people into tissue production. From what I know about tissue production, you buy larger rolls then cut and package for market.

Goodluck.
Best decision
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:
hello everyone. Please I need help on how to start a career in production.

I'm considering learning how to produce either Tissue paper or bathing soap but both considerations are subjective to change if I can get a better suggestion from someone with experience who is willing to assist me with proper knowledge of how the business works in terms of startup capital, day-to-day management and profitability because I just graduated uni and my available capital is limited.

At the moment, I have zero production experience in any of the two fields but I can learn very fast and I'm confident I can succeed in the production if I'm able to get a proper knowledge from someone with experience.

If you're into tissue paper production or the production of bathing soap, please help me with the knowledge of how to produce, in order for me to be able to produce something that is capable of being marketed as a brand.

check my profile to educate yourself on soap production.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

Thanks. but I need something that has the potential for growth in years to come(Career). I don't think I will be happy producing nylon in 10 years from now
How naïve you are in foresight. Polyethylene making can extend into large converting facilities that does complex packaging of cartons, roll films for multinational companies.. You should consider yourself lucky if you can raise several millions of dollars in the next few years to start one..

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Jethrolite:
Keep your capital in fixed deposit of 6 months, join the manufacturing company you want to learn and work there for free. Learn all you can, jump from role to role, befriend the manager and learn everything practically before starting out on your own. Do a little online research about young people into tissue production. From what I know about tissue production, you buy larger rolls then cut and package for market.

Goodluck.

Thanks too. But this strategy is not as easy as you make it seem.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by Emotionless100: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2018
Nice one
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 10:44am On Apr 12, 2018
CosmeticChemist:

How naïve you are in foresight. Polyethylene making can extend into large converting facilities that does complex packaging of cartons, roll films for multinational companies.. You should consider yourself lucky if you can raise several millions of dollars in the next few years to start one..

How naive? Alright, I concur. But at the bolded; I'm not a multimillionaire for now Sir.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

You think nylon making is about the famed black and white poly bags you see everyday....? think about those 2 to 3 layers biscuit packs, bread and soap wraps and even cartons for large companies.. Think about the opportunity you have in printing roll films for all the pure water factories in your local government..?... stretch your mind my friend...
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Hotfreeze:
My mom used to make soap when w were kids and combined it with her day job in a FG agency. She sold to her colleagues and people around. Very good soap, better than some of the stuffs we have around today.

Guess what killed the business? Debts.
She sold to people around and they refused to pay, capitalising on the familiarity to do nonsense.

Lalasticlala, pls move to the front page for viewers to benefit from.

Thanks. I will try to always remember this story.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2018
fabrestove:
Guy,go start catfish biz,its your CALLING GUY

Okay. I may consider agriculture in the future. Not interested in that for now
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
yesloaded:
cc lexdino, look no further
Okay. The theory sounds good on paper.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by Jethrolite(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

Where did I say it is easy, you think becoming an entrepreneur is child's play. If you're not even determined, soon you will find yourself looking for job after spending your capital and your family may even contribute to ending your career in entrepreneurship by helping you get a job. To be an entrepreneur, you must be ready to go out and do what every other person is not doing.

You said you do not have capital, neither do you have experience, nobody will give you money to start. If you are able to create a comprehensive financial statement to guide you and raise enough capital to bootstrap then you can learn on the job since you're not willing to learn from others.

I wrote the last paragraph after posting the first 2, you are not an entrepreneur. Go and get a job!
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2018
1760:
My opinion

Any business you wanna take make sure you go for shadowing or what people call aprrentiship. There you'll learn the do's and don't of that business, you'll also know how best the business survive, your market size, target population, what time of the year the business thrive more.

I know you'll learn many things when you do this
All the best

Thank you. Noted.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 11:19am On Apr 12, 2018
Jethrolite:
Where did I say it is easy, you think becoming an entrepreneur is child's play. If you're not even determined, soon you will find yourself looking for job after spending your capital and your family may even contribute to ending your career in entrepreneurship by helping you get a job. To be an entrepreneur, you must be ready to go out and do what every other person is not doing.

You said you do not have capital, neither do you have experience, nobody will give you money to start. If you are able to create a comprehensive financial statement to guide you and raise enough capital to bootstrap then you can learn on the job since you're not willing to learn from others.

I understand what you're saying but I'm not in anyway insinuating that I need an easy way out. What I mean by "not being easy" is that according to your suggestion, the time, energy and resources that I will have to expend on finding the right company, getting a job from that company and then changing job positions within that company in order to learn the business will not be as easy as it would have been if I could have found someone to help me with the appropriate knowledge I would need in order to kick-start the business on my own.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2018
Beyfit:
if you want to know about laundry soap production, machines and tools for newbie like you ... Whatsapp me on :- 08119666701.

i will tell all u need to know both the truth and white lies grin

Thanks. Noted
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2018
crunchyg:

You got me laughing with this, are you looking at what you will be happy producing or what will felt you money. What if you produce your bathing soap and it doesn't move in the market as you expect and some one is producing nylon and is cashing in money every day as an entrepreneur which is better. Bros use you tongue count your teeth grin

Okay. Guess I will have to start doing more research into the business. Initially, I was thinking nylon production refers to production of those mini transparent and black cellophane/nylon and then supplying to market women with a wheelbarrow.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by vickysomtee: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2018
You could also consider starting up an commerce business. here is an article on a start up menu

https://www.victoranene.com/2018/04/Ecommerce-business.html?m=1
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by missioner(m): 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:
hello everyone. Please I need help on how to start a career in production.

I'm considering learning how to produce either Tissue paper or bathing soap but both considerations are subjective to change if I can get a better suggestion from someone with experience who is willing to assist me with proper knowledge of how the business works in terms of startup capital, day-to-day management and profitability because I just graduated uni and my available capital is limited.

At the moment, I have zero production experience in any of the two fields but I can learn very fast and I'm confident I can succeed in the production if I'm able to get a proper knowledge from someone with experience.

If you're into tissue paper production or the production of bathing soap, please help me with the knowledge of how to produce, in order for me to be able to produce something that is capable of being marketed as a brand.

Good afternoon.
Why not go into bakery... I mean bread productions ?
I'm a baker and I can help you with anything whatsoever that you need to know. from how to set up\how to manage, to equipments and how to go about the marketing and make your cool cash.

contact me.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by Jethrolite(m): 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

I understand what you're saying but I'm not in anyway insinuating that I need an easy way out. What I mean by "not being easy" is that according to your suggestion, the time, energy and resources that I will have to expend on finding the right company, getting a job from that company and then changing job positions within that company in order to learn the business will not be as easy as it would have been if I could have found someone to help me with the appropriate knowledge I would need in order to kick-start the business on my own.
Lol, you want your competition to teach you. They are not information marketers who teach people businesses they lie to be involved in. Well, do whatever you think is best for you and you can manage.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

Yes sir. I stay in Benin City, Aduwawa to be precise. what should I do?
Go online and search out materials needed for soap making and videos of how it is done. Don't get scammed
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
missioner:

Good afternoon.
I'm a baker and I can help you with anything whatsoever that you need to know. from how to set up\how to manage, to equipments and how to go about the marketing and make your cool cash.

contact me.

Thank you Sir. I never thought about this initially.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jethrolite:
Lol, you want your competition to teach you. They are not information marketers who teach people businesses they lie to be involved in. Well, do whatever you think is best for you and you can manage.

Alright. Thank you
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by missioner(m): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
lexdino:

Thank you Sir. I never thought about this initially.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by lexdino: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Go online and search out materials needed for soap making and videos of how it is done. Don't get scammed

Thank you.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by merrypakman: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
missioner:

Good afternoon.

contact me.
like how much can start this business on a small scale?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by maebem: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
missioner:

Good afternoon.

contact me.

I am interested. Can I have your contact please?
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production by missioner(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
maebem:

I am interested. Can I have your contact please?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Serial Numbers Of Stolen Laptops / What Is It About St Louis Sugar / /where Can I Get A Quality Ankara Manufacturing Company Or Businesses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.