Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi (37506 Views)

Why We Increased Hate Speech Fine To N5 Million ― Lai Mohammed / APC will handover power to the poor – Amaechi / We Increased Northern Slots In SSS Because Of Federal Character- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Reportmusic(f): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2018

Rotimi Amaechi, minister for transportation, says the train fares between Kaduna and Abuja was increased because majority of those using the service are rich.

Speaking on Thursday at the 3rd edition of the Kaduna Investment Summit, Amaechi said the intention of the president towards the railway was to transport poor people.

“Some of you have been asking why we increased the fare between Kaduna and Abuja,” he said during his address at the summit.

“For each locomotive, we spend N56 million, when we were charging you N600, we were getting N16 million so all you rich men, we were dashing you N40 million per month. Actually, very few poor men use those trains. The actual intent of the president is to allow us to move poor people from Kaduna to Abuja. If you go to Rigasa, you will see the big men pack their cars and use the railway and chase away the poor people.

“So since it’s big men that use the railway, we jerked up the prices. You know what it’s called — appropriate pricing. So we price according to your pocket but it does not affect our subsidy, we still subsidise the railway.”

The minister encouraged people to continue making government accountable saying he is the first to know when locomotives are faulty.

“The funny thing about the social media is that anytime there is a problem with the railway, the first person to know is me,” he said.

“I see all sorts of videos and I wonder if they realise that I am the minister for transport not the managing director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation so I can’t run the railways.

“In the past, none of you can send a video to a minister but now you not only send, they direct me on what to do. I urge you to continue in that light and make us accountable to you.”

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/05/we-increased-train-fare-because-rich-people-use-it-more-than-the-poor-amaechi/

cc lalasticlala

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by bjayx: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2018
The rich men chase away the poor men

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Emekus92(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
That is an advert photo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Teewhy2: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
What are the benefits of been a Nigerian especially if you are in the middle or lower class.
So they increase the fare because they believe the rich are the ones who use it the most, so what should be the case of people who struggle to pay the old fare or the ones that have been trying to raise some money just to have the experience of what traveling in a train looks like.
The leaders don't care that these poor people fix the road that leads to their house, the provide water for themselves, provide electricity, provide shelters but can't get good health care after their salaries had been heavily taxed.
Is been a Nigerian a bless in the opposite direction?

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by timilehin007(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nxb
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by chibike69: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
poor people have suffer

65 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
Trains that mismanagement will still destroy undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by emeijeh(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
So the poor should continue trekking?

Amaechi answer me!!!

Reportmusic:

“I see all sorts of videos and I wonder if they realise that I am the minister for transport...."

Irrelevant minister..... No wonder Nairaland guys call him the Liz**d of Ubima

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by BruncleZuma: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by mayowascholar(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
see mindset

40 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by ladyF(f): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the math.

Is it that they spend 56m per month as operating cost or that's the cost of purchase? And they only generate 16m per month? Which kain investment be this one shocked

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by wayne4loan: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
The rat of ubima have spoken cheesy

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by FarahAideed: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Does Ameachi know the meaning of the word rich at at all? Nigeria under Buhari has 98 percent of its population living in poverty with an estimated 86 million living in abject extreme poverty the highest in the history of the human race till date ...Please where did Ameachi find these rich train users

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by kings09(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Jesu!

But wait oo, i forgot Amaechi is a minister in dis govt sef

3 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by visijo(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
I enter train for free from apapa to Ogun state.. Very possible..

2 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Olalan(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Guess he's high on local gin, no wonder they make anti masses policies.

5 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by ghanaman5050: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Sir , you can have business class and increase the fare .

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Ra88: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Lol, these animals sha
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Shitholes leaders

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by osazeeblue01: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
You people will never stop lying.

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by enemyofprogress: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
I ate trains, that's why I doesn't travel by railway
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Strongbest(m): 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Chai! See reasoning. Very hot excuse, I don't know what to say. The rich park their cars and enter train so they increased the fare. Wow!

www.nairaland.com/1798724/

3 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Danelo(m): 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by link2ok22: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
This guy is completely sick .....

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by SomeoneNice: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Chaiii,,, my country Nigeria.. God will rescue u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by naijjaman(m): 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Liars everywhere undecided

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Stupid fool. Which rich people?

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by merits(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
APC has won Guinness book of record for clueless.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by surgecom(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by LibertyRep: 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Why courting unnecessary controversy? Simply say the increase in fare was necessary for proper maintenance of the system and not because some 'rich' people now patronize the railway.

What happens when these new 'rich' customers stop patronizing the railways? Would there be a decrease in fare?

Mr. Minister, the real rich people travel in the skies.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by JohnieWalker12(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Oga... Park well joor. You made no sense in your speech.. Big men my foot undecided

5 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Eze4tonyTc(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Apc #looters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC Tagwaye Visits President Buhari In Daura For Sallah (Photos) / President Buhari's Visit To Maiduguri In Pictures / Tinubu Will Lose 2023 Election If……. – APC Chairman, Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.