Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) (89543 Views)

More Pictures From Armed Robbery Attack On Banks At Offa Today (graphics) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by TourismMan(m): 9:20am On Apr 06, 2018
To hell with them. I may be looking for money but certainly not through this source.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by Jabioro: 9:25am On Apr 06, 2018
TeamSimple:

Also served in omu Aran 2013 . During that time the only bank there is Eco bank , and it wasn't for once opened through out my service year. Thank God for landmarks eco bank .
How did you people operate,especially when it comes to cash deposit and other phyisical customer related matters then?
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by captainking(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2018
TeamSimple:

Also served in omu Aran 2013 . During that time the only bank there is Eco bank , and it wasn't for once opened through out my service year. Thank God for landmarks eco bank .
i was in kwara state from 2012 to 2013..they also had first bank and one other bank during my time,,,to withdraw money na war for that place oo
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by captainking(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2018
Mergic:

Who informs the informant??.. Just curious here
i really dont know..but we heard that the branch managers knows some people in the area who knows the underworld people...who is aware of their operations and in turn feeds banks the info for some pay,,,also, that period, armed robbers used to write the banks scheduling a time they would come to rob..imagine that! therefore the bank would react by not opening for days or even weeks...it was holidays for the bank staff who still earned full salary..hehhee
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by johnnyvid(m): 9:53am On Apr 06, 2018
Lomprico2:

Are u one of d robbers?
I'm not and I will never be. I'm only expressing my opinion. each and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion OK. that is my opinion. soldiers and Air Force need to be sited in offa.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by suyamasta(m): 9:53am On Apr 06, 2018
My heart bleeds
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by shogotermies(m): 9:54am On Apr 06, 2018
Oladipo1166:

bro. Offa is not part of igbomina
but Banks in Omu_aran and Esie are working, it's only Banks ok no Oro that don't work again.

are u serious offa isn't part of igbomina land, I will call my dad to confirm it..
am from isin LGA,..
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by monalicious(f): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2018
And to think we have the Nigerian Navy, minutes away from these banks. Omg. May their souls rest in peace
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:56am On Apr 06, 2018
captainking:

i really dont know..but we heard that the branch managers knows some people in the area who knows the underworld people...who is aware of their operations and in turn feeds banks the info for some pay,,,also, that period, armed robbers used to write the banks scheduling a time they would come to rob..imagine that! therefore the bank would react by not opening for days or even weeks...it was holidays for the bank staff who still earned full salary..hehhee

Even after all these why will they still have to take away the lives of innocent people? Haba!

No wonder the Bible says the devil only came to steal, kill and destroy.

There are too many devils with resources such as guns and money and position in the country at present.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 06, 2018
If it were to be in the north, southerners will never sympathize with us, they'll say "Na dem dem, make dem kill their selves".

In my entire life as a northerner, I've never seen or heard of terrible robbery cases like this, only in the south.

It happens almost on a daily basis, and the reason is simple "if you no get money hide your face".

Southern youths like "quick money", they can do anything for the cash, again, "because if you no get money hide your face".

From kidnapping, to armed robbery, to drug trafficking, to internet fraud, to prostitution, just give it up for southern youths.

RIP to the dead
Speedy recovery to the injured
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:01am On Apr 06, 2018
ladiesreject:

If it were to be in the north, southerners will never sympathize with us, they'll say "Na dem dem, make dem kill their selves".

In my entire life as a northerner, I've never seen or heard of terrible robbery cases like this, only in the south.

It happens almost on a daily basis, and the reason is simple "if you no get money hide your face".

Southern youths like "quick money", they can do anything for the cash, again, "because if you no get money hide your face".

From kidnapping, to armed robbery, to drug trafficking, to internet fraud, to prostitution, just give it up for southern youths.

Yes you have said it all,
Fully agree with you
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by bionixs: 10:04am On Apr 06, 2018
comshots:
I thought those security doors mounted at every banks are anti missiles.But,police are not useful in situations like this.They only know how to grease and extort money from the youths when they see them with laptops.
all the police do in Nigeria is just sit back and wait for the month to end and collect salary for doing nothing. someone will ask me if police are not human BEING. Are robbers aliens or spirits? Nobody force you do police work. if can't pull it,resign. police work no bi by force

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by ZarahBuhari: 10:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Wisebird22:
so a uniform man is not someones son?he is not sumones fada,he is not sumones husband?pls if u have free m.b know wat u post...
The innocent people they've(uniform) killed, rendered homeless, illegally framing them up for selfish reasons are not someone's father, brother, uncle, sister, mother, wife, husband?
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by ufuosman(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2018
Sad news. May their souls rest in peace
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by oyinda1599(f): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2018
Jac007:
Na wah o...but wait o, was the robbery simultaneous in all the 5 banks abi all the banks dey the same complex?
Most of those banks are not far from one another in offa,some are beside each other... Not simultaneously, from one to another cus of the close proximity.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by fwndy: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2018
this is painful, rip to people who lost there life. but i give kudos to government in Osun under the regime of ogbeni Rauf for his contribution for policemen in Osun. I want all state to emulate him, if possible let federal government involved.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by Jac007(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2018
oyinda1599:
Most of those banks are not far from one another in offa,some are beside each other... Not simultaneously, from one to another cus of the close proximity.

I see...God will restore normalcy in the affected area. Thanks for the response
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by eluquenson(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2018
This is sad, the perpetrators will be arrested soon.

RIP to the dead bodies
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by CloudResident(m): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2018
It is the sorry state we have come to find ourselves in as a nation.

This is the second in five years and it's highly brutal.It's even more worrisome that there's a military detachment there,very similar to the 2008 daylight robbery in Ibadan back then.

By and large, It's not enough to have a military detachment there as it were but a holistic look at the security apparatus by way of restructuring which will engender state policing to gather intelligence at the grassroots.Crimes like this can be nipped in the bud ab initio.

It's very clear that the robbers have been around for some days before striking .

May God condole the families of the deceased including a former colleague who was caught up in the hail of bullets cry
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by baslone: 11:27am On Apr 06, 2018
Adebowale89:

babaireti with due respect, no outsider will have the confidence to rob almost 5banks without knowing how weak the securities personnel are at offa

why always offa, you should ask yourself, are they the only community in Kwara state? is banking activities not going on in other community or securities personnel in other community in Kwara are well equipped and trained separately from those at offa?

this is an indigenous robbery and there is saboteur among the security personnel at offa aiding the successful robbery of a whole 5 banks? even a layman knows better

robbers will think of his relatives, that talk amaze me a lots, are u in Nigeria at all? Nigeria that children killed their parent, parent use their kids for money ritual? I pray you don't give birth to a terror child. I have seen a mother that prayed for her terror son to die so that she can have peace of mind, my brother the more u see, the more u learn o

You obviously have not been to that town before.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by McCobble(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2018
ladiesreject:

RIP to the dead
Speedy recovery to the injured
so Kwara nah south bah?
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by Adebowale89(m): 11:36am On Apr 06, 2018
baslone:

You obviously have not been to that town before.

shut up. countless time....from offa to Ilorin back2back
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by baslone: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2018
Adebowale89:

shut up.

Okay!
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by johnnyvid(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2018
fwndy:
this is painful, rip to people who lost there life. but i give kudos to government in Osun under the regime of ogbeni Rauf for his contribution for policemen in Osun. I want all state to emulate him, if possible let federal government involved.
arm robbers too have rob series of bank in ikirun in osun state during Ogbeni aregbe government. the rob they rob the bank in ikirun 3 years ago. so don't tell me arm robbers are not penetrating too in osun state. the Lord will continue to shielding us all.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
9ja083:
Am grateful to God for the gifts of life. I escaped death like this in 2007.
I was somewhere in Afikpo in Ebonyi State, when I was out of cash. So I have to visit the bank for cash withdrawal via ATM. I waited for Okada for over 20 to 30mins but didn't see any. I was so frustrated and the sun was so hash that day. The few okada that I saw refused to pick me up. I decided to treak to the bank by myself. It took me almost 2hours to get there.
On arrival, I noticed that the gate was locked and ppl gathered there. I didn't ask before approaching the gate because I thought they were for the ATM.
When I squeezed myself to the gate, come and see blood and ppl's body everywhere. "I asked what happened?" Everyone started shouting at me? So you didn't hear this gun shots? Armed robbers have been hear for almost 30mins shooting and killing ppl and you are not aware? Better leave here before the police will see you as a suspect. I was so shocked and the only thing I said was thank you God for the gift of life.
I got back to the hospital and the emergency sections were full. A lot of ppl were badly injured and some died before getting to the hospital. The shock was all over me for weeks.
heaven delayed okada for ur sake, ur time has not come.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by boomey(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
its a sad day in the peaceful city of Offa and things must be put in the right perspectives. its unfortunate this happened at this time in the history of the town and this is a wake up call to the government of the day and also to the opposition party that was criticising the approval of the $1b arms purchase fund. it is now clear that the just approved $1B for ammunition purchase to fortified the security apparatus in the country is much needed and very crucial. if only our security system are working the way it should i do not see any reason how miscreants will come to a town and operate for that long and kill people like chicken. i am pained because those lives wasted are somebody's father, mother, sons and daughters even breadwinners of their various families. i challenge the nigerian police to fish out those behind this act and bring them to justice and i also invoke the spirits of the dead to go after those that kill them to make them face the law. may the Lord console the families of the dead and also to the people of Offa. ALA LE OFFA A TU ASIRI WON.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by matrixme(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
so much insecurity in this regime. Yet our police and soldiers mounted at checking points openly collect bribes nowadays. No more secret style of collection. They even openly boast of it as "their money" and some even upped the price. May God help us! embarassed
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
comshots:
I thought those security doors mounted at every banks are anti missiles.But,police are not useful in situations like this.They only know how to grease and extort money from the youths when they see them with laptops.

Even if they are anti missile, the walls aren't. smiley
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by BIXYBABE: 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
Adebowale89:
from the history of this town, arm robbers has been deadliest whenever they attack and those guys are indigene of the town, looking at it logically. they must have been in that town almost a month studying the security in that community

I thought after the last robbery before this, soldiers would be the one securing those banks and the area close by

is so unfortunate how our govt don't take primitive steps prior to a delicate incident like this

working as a banker at offa is a suicide to me without soldiers on ground. offa needs soldiers not polices
Na indigene of Offa
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by madgoat(m): 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2018
Na wah oh
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by pomide(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
Heartfelt Sympathy to the Family of victims of the Offa Bank Robbery... So Sad.
Got me thinking, if a bank Robbery is this deadly, what happens when boko haram infiltrates the west and Things like mass shooting, suicide bombing happens?
our government are failing... Boko haram to infiltrate other parts of Nigeria is a question of WHEN and Not IF.
If the Robbers were atleast engaged, the civilian killing would have not has been up to this. The robbers too would be too engaged in protecting their lives and firing back than just shooting excitedly at fleeing civilian.
May The Robbers Die By The Sword!
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) by mandate12: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
Billionboi:
How do u get cash and make deposit?

U must b poor.

R u operating from the year 1800? Pls wake up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jukun Youths Kill Tiv Militias, Pose With Their Corpses (Graphic Photos) / Corper Odume Princess Paschaline Arrested For Killing Man In Akwa Ibom (Graphic) / Young Man Arrested As Married Lover Dies After Marathon Sex In Ogun. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.