Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Normal RPM For EOD When Idle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Normal RPM For EOD When Idle (2234 Views)

Honda Accord 2006 Temperature Gauge On High Even when idle / Urgent: Toyota Corolla 2004 Engine Vibrates When Idle And When AC Is Turned On. / Honda Accord (eod) 2003 Rpm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 5:05am On Apr 06, 2018
Hello experts.
Please I've being having challenges with my car ever since my mechanic reduced the rpm of my car while trying to correct my complaints about its vibration. The normal rpm when idle is about 700-800rpm, which has being working perfectly and picks up fine. But in the quest of my mechanic trying to resolve vibrations, he reduced the rpm which now runs at 600-700rpm without the AC (but no vibrations), but drops to 500 rpm with the AC on, causing my car the vibrate, jerk when changing gears, delayed pickup etc, yet my mechanic tinks it's normal ... Kindly share your advice and possible solutions before this mechanic damages my car cause it's really giving me concerns.
Thanks
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by purposedriven: 5:53am On Apr 06, 2018
What car are we talking about? I don't think rmp should be adjusted in a new car as the ECU should adjust it's self depending on the load
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:27am On Apr 06, 2018
purposedriven:
What car are we talking about? I don't think rmp should be adjusted in a new car as the ECU should adjust it's self depending on the load

yeah u shouldn't... op needs to revert settings to factory spec and perform an idle relearn.... google is ur friend
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58am On Apr 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

yeah u shouldn't... op needs to revert settings to factory spec and perform an idle relearn.... google is ur friend

there is nylonbag inside the iacv, can it relearn? undecided

1 Like

Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by mayor2013: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2018
What year is your Honda Accord to start with
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2018
2004 EOD ...
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 8:27am On Apr 06, 2018
purposedriven:

It's actually not a new car, trying to correct the vibration is what gave birth the reducing the rpm ...
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by mayor2013: 8:59am On Apr 06, 2018
kneyo14:

It's actually not a new car, trying to correct the vibration is what gave birth the reducing the rpm ...

Yours is a drive by cable system. Have your engine mounts inspected first. Carry out a tune up excersise after all this you can adjust to normal factory spec if not your mecho would continue playing with your car
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2018
You actually just hit the nail on the head, he just realised the engine mount seem bad, but now getting it back to its factory settings is what I need him to get right otherwise I might have to change mechanics
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:24am On Apr 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

there is nylonbag inside the iacv, can it relearn? undecided

hahahahaha r u serious?
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2018
As it stands now, I'd need to change my mechanic. Cause he obviously can put the car bak in place, now my car jerk putting on drive, rpm drops wen AC is on load and goes up when on neutral and also jerk when changing gears. Now he said the switch is acting up and needs to be changed. Please I need mechanic, need to replace him soon enof ...
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by Lexusgs430: 3:56am On Apr 07, 2018
kneyo14:
As it stands now, I'd need to change my mechanic. Cause he obviously can put the car bak in place, now my car jerk putting on drive, rpm drops wen AC is on load and goes up when on neutral and also jerk when changing gears. Now he said the switch is acting up and needs to be changed. Please I need mechanic, need to replace him soon enof ...

Why are you looking for a mechanic, if you are based in Lagos?

Simply book an appointment with GAZZUZZ, for his TLC treatments..........
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Why are you looking for a mechanic, if you are based in Lagos?

Simply book an appointment with GAZZUZZ, for his TLC treatments..........

Hopefully I can afford his charges ....
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by Controlv: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
Your IACV is bad and blocked with nylon as indicated by GAZZUZZ. I've been trying to resolve the same issue since last year without luck. I got a replacement throttle body with IAC last December, which partially resolved the problem (rpm at cold start stays @ 1500 till engine warms up) , but it failed in January. I've tested about 6 throttle bodies this year but all gave high rpm @ idle.

2 things that kills our cars in this country are fake spare parts and Kazeeems. May God save us.

I have parked the car till my next visit to Lagos, I am hoping GAZZUZZ will be available to fix this.
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by paix(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
When the engine is warm, the rpm should be at 1000 mark.
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
paix:
When the engine is warm, the rpm should be at 1000 mark.

~730-800
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

~730-800

Sir,

It was me who called you about an Honda Pilot, I really hope you can please reconsider and help me look at it.

If you can also recommend me to someone else i don't mind sir, have always been a follower of your thread here on Nairaland.

Thank you
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by paix(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

~730-800
Ok.
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
sunnydayasaba:

Sir,

It was me who called you about an Honda Pilot, I really hope you can please reconsider and help me look at it.

If you can also recommend me to someone else i don't mind sir, have always been a follower of your thread here on Nairaland.

Thank you

. Seun +234 803 237 0718
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by IykeTurna(m): 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
sunnydayasaba:

Sir,

Thank you
GAZZUZZ:

. Seun +234 803 237 0718

Lollz
Re: Normal RPM For EOD When Idle by kneyo14(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=66519488]

~730-800[/quote?

Which is what I usually get when warm; but 1300 wen cold till it was tempered with.

(1) (Reply)

Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! / Why Is Mazda Millenia 2002 A Bit Scarce In The Market? / Photos: 2015 Toyota Yaris VS 2015 Honda Fit Which Would You Go For ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.