Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

My Prayer For Trinitarians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Prayer For Trinitarians (12892 Views)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / For Trinitarians: Who Spoke From Heaven When Jesus Was Baptized? / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 06, 2018
Trinitarians reject the idea that Jesus was created, yet 4 different Bible writers tell us he was.

(Proverbs 8:22) “22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago.”

(Micah 5:2) “ 2 And you, O Bethʹle·hem Ephʹra·thah, The one too little to be among the thousands of Judah, From you will come out for me the one to be ruler in Israel, Whose origin is from ancient times, from the days of long ago.”

(Colossians 1:15) “15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;”

(Revelation 3:14) “14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:”

Trinitarians reject the idea that Jesus has and still has a God, whom he worships.

(Matthew 27:45, 46) “45 From the sixth hour on, a darkness fell over all the land until the ninth hour. 46 About the ninth hour, Jesus called out with a loud voice, saying: “Eʹli, Eʹli, laʹma sa·bach·thaʹni?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?””

(As a man prior to his death)

(John 20:17) “17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’””

(After his resurrection, but prior to ascension)

(Revelation 3:2) “2 Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your works fully performed before my God.”

(After his ascension, and after being glorified)

Trinitarians reject the idea that Jesus didn't believe he was God nor equal to God.

(John 5:19) “19 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing.. . .”

(John 7:16, 17) “. . .“What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me. 17 If anyone desires to do His will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or I speak of my own originality.”

(John 10:36) “36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?”

(John 17:3) “3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”

The apostle John didn't believe Jesus was God.

(Revelation 1:6) “6 and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father. . .”

Paul didn't believe Jesus was God.

(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) “. . .just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him;. . .”

(2 Corinthians 1:3) “3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,”

The apostle Peter didn't believe Jesus was God.

(1 Peter 1:3) “3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”

My prayer for trinitarians is the same prayer as Paul.

Ephesians 1:17 (NRSV) 17 I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him,

Until trinitarians understand and apply these verses, they will never have the wisdom of who the only true God is.

3 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:55am On Apr 06, 2018
There is a possibility that this op may not make heaven
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Tiffbuxas: 7:23am On Apr 06, 2018
OP that d perfect analysis... I was telling a winners member yesterday.... He was busy talking abt how he miraculously fixed his broken hand and got almost 2mil for his marriage without having more than 300k(all with olive oil) ...i was like dude it's your miracle I'm only talking about trinity doctrine.
Next he refused to open the Bible and show me supporting proof he ended up saying the Bible is a mystery that I should just pray and the spirit will direct me to d page....
I only told them to kneel down lemme pray for him to regain sight then he got angry

4 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:
Trinitarians reject the idea that Jesus was created, yet 4 different Bible writers tell us he was.

(Proverbs 8:22) “22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago.”

(Micah 5:2) “ 2 And you, O Bethʹle·hem Ephʹra·thah, The one too little to be among the thousands of Judah, From you will come out for me the one to be ruler in Israel, Whose origin is from ancient times, from the days of long ago.”

(Colossians 1:15) “15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;”

(Revelation 3:14) “14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:”

Trinitarians reject the idea that Jesus has and still has a God, whom he worships.

(Matthew 27:45, 46) “45 From the sixth hour on, a darkness fell over all the land until the ninth hour. 46 About the ninth hour, Jesus called out with a loud voice, saying: “Eʹli, Eʹli, laʹma sa·bach·thaʹni?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?””

(John 20:17) “17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’””

(Revelation 3:2) “2 Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your works fully performed before my God.”

Trinitarians reject the idea that Jesus didn't believe he was God nor equal to God.

(John 5:19) “19 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing.. . .”

(John 7:16, 17) “. . .“What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me. 17 If anyone desires to do His will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or I speak of my own originality.”

(John 10:36) “36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?”

(John 17:3) “3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”

(Revelation 1:6) “6 and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father. . .”

(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) “. . .just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him;. . .”

(2 Corinthians 1:3) “3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,”

(1 Peter 1:3) “3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”

Ephesians 1:17 (NRSV) 17 I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him,

Until trinitarians understand and apply this verse, they will never have wisdom of who the only true God is.

All you posted above are true but half truth.

Let me ask you some questions . Is Jesus not God like his Father?
What is the difference between LORD AND GOD.
Why did you decide not to give the complete scriptures of 1Cor.8 : 5-6.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 KJV
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

There is no doubt that God the Father is greater that Jesus but Jesus and God are one .
Jesus does only things that pleases his Father and that is why they are said to be "one".
God ,the Father, is God to our Lord Jesus Christ and Jesus is God to everything here on earth and in heaven.
There is nothing that was created that was not created by God, the Father, and his Son , Jesus Christ.

John 1:1-3 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

Everything I posted is a verse from the Bible.
enilove:

No, because he called his father his God and father while the father called him his son and never his God.
Jesus said that he came to do the will of his God and father and not his will while the father.
Jesus said that his father sent him forth and the Bible said that the Jesus is God's BEGOTTEN son.
Jesus referred to his father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD while he referred to himself as the one sent forth.
Jesus is the firstborn of all creation but the father has no beginning.
enilove:

They are both titles. Lord is master/Sir while God is Mighty One or Strong One.
enilove:

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
I am delighted that you posted it. Look intently at the two prepositions and the knowledge will be revealed to you. "Of"(which is supposed to be "from" if you check other translations and the Greek) indicates the origin or originator of all things while "by" is a medium through which all things came to be.
enilove:

There is no doubt that God the Father is greater that Jesus but Jesus and God are one .
Jesus does only things that pleases his Father and that is why they are said to be "one".
God ,the Father, is God to our Lord Jesus Christ and Jesus is God to everything here on earth and in heaven.
There is nothing that was created that was not created by God, the Father, and his Son , Jesus Christ.
I agree with you and Jesus was also created because he is the firstborn of all creation. Jesus proclaimed that a husband and a wife are one.
Jesus also said that we will be one JUST AS he and his father are one.
I am sure that the above makes a sense to you. Can you see the meaning of oneness through Jesus' words?
enilove:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Beautiful! But doesn't this discredit the doctrine of the Holy Spirit being a third member of a trinity? You will have to get around this verse to prove the trinity. Such a hard task it will be.
Anyway, if we go by this translation, there will also be a shakeup in many other verses in your own Bible because the Greek word used there is Theos and it is also the same word used to describe Satan. So, you might have another hard time convincing anyone when the word pops up on Satan.
The correct translation is "the word was a god"

4 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by danvon(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
1 John:5:7

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2018
danvon:
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
1 John:5:7
have you ever wondered why that verse is historically termed heretical? Have you ever googled that verse to discover why it is controversial?
Well, breaking news! That verse is not found anywhere in the original Greek scripture. It was inserted into the scriptures by heretics who thwart the word of God to suit the doctrines of men.
Check! Take the time to embrace the truth.

3 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:
No, because he called his father his God and father while the father called him his son and never his God.
Jesus said that he came to do the will of his God and father and not his will while the father.
Jesus said that his father sent him forth and the Bible said that the Jesus is God's BEGOTTEN son.
Jesus referred to his father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD while he referred to himself as the one sent forth.
I am delighted that you posted it. Look intently at the two prepositions and the knowledge will be revealed to you. "Of"(which is supposed to be "from" if you check other translations and the Greek) indicates the origin or originator of all things while "by" is a medium through which all things came to be.
I agree with you and Jesus was also created because he is the firstborn of all creation. Jesus proclaimed that a husband and a wife are one.
I am sure that the above makes a sense to you. Can you see the meaning of oneness through Jesus' words?
Beautiful! But doesn't this discredit the doctrine of the Holy Spirit being a third member of a trinity? You will have to get around this verse to prove the trinity. Such a hard task it will be.
Anyway, if we go by this translation, there will also be a shakeup in many other verses in your own Bible because the Greek word used there is Theos and it is also the same word used to describe Satan. So, you might have another hard time convincing anyone when the word pops up on Satan.

You don't understand the scriptures :
Revelation 1:8-11,17-18 KJV
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
[10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
[11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jesus is God the Son , the Alpha and Omega , the Almighty .

Even the Jews understood what it means to be "one" with God:

John 10:30-39 KJV
I and my Father are one.
[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. [39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

3 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Philadelphia: 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:

Until trinitarians understand and apply this verse, they will never have wisdom of who the only true God is.

When was Jesus created?
Show me the time it was stated in the Bible.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Philadelphia: 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Philadelphia: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

Your words in bold are outrageously incorrect. Here's what the Bible said about Jesus' equality with the Father Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Philadelphia: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:

When was Jesus created then?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by OtemAtum: 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2018
Philadelphia:

When was Jesus created?
Show me the time it was stated in the Bible.
You cannot find the first birth of Faulkin(Zeusus) whom you call Jesus in the bible because the bible doesn't cover histories of millions of years back.
Actually, Faulkin(Yeshua or Zeusus) whom you call Jesus, was born many millions of years back. He was the first born child of Gaia(Earthus). The name of his father was Murmoh, but Yahweh later adopted him as his son.

Doctufos:
Adspiramen 7:1-34

CHAPTER SEVEN
THE FIRSTBORN OF THE LIVING
1. Mother Earthus was fed up with the
intimidations of Yahweh such that she decided
to walk far away from him.
2. We, the sons of God, begged her to stay and
she obliged. However, I suggested to her that
she reduced her pulling force buried in the earth
such that its impact does not go too far.
3. Earthus agreed and decreased the impact of
the force by two-third such that the impact do
not get felt in the second stairs of space.
4. Yahweh soon began to compel Murmoh to
approach Earthus and lie with her (in those days
no one had lain with the opposite gender).
5. Murmoh was afraid to do it until Yahweh
convinced him to do it.
6. I heard Reverad when he said that this is
acceptable to him, Yahweh said.
7. But he mentioned your name, not Murmoh's
name. He said that you should do it, not
Murmoh, Chimides defended Murmoh his friend.
8. Yes the great Reverad said so, but I feel that
since Murmoh has done nothing all his life, then
this should be his first feat, Yahweh said.
9. Now Yahweh was only clever, for he feared
doing it himself.
10. Yahweh convinced us all into accepting
that Murmoh was the right son of God to do
that.
11. Murmoh wept and trembled as he entered in
with Mother Earthus and slept with her, thereby
taking away her long-kept virginity.
12. Murmoh was cold after doing it and he wept
as he felt great power had gone out of him. He
told it to us and we all laughed.
13. How was the taste of it? Yahweh asked
playfully.
14. I felt I have lost some of my powers, Murmoh
complained.
15. What use is power to you, O Murmoh?
Yahweh raised up his voice. You only store
power without using them.
16. Murmoh kept silent for a week in sorrow for
he felt guilty doing it with Earthus.
17. Earthus soon began to have her womb rise
up and we feared that the liquid released into
her body by Murmoh was only a poison to her
soul.
18. We were all amazed when a giant homo with
furs arose. Earthus had given birth.
19. The furs were dark like scarlet and the
creature seemed too ugly for our liking. He had
some resemblance to Murmoh who was black in
complexion too(the only one among us who was
having a dark complexion).
20. Thus we had the first homo to be born by
flesh and not by the impact of the bang. He is
called Faulkin(Yeshua), the firstborn of all creatures.
21. Faulkin(Yeshua) was of great stature as he grew.
Soon we began to see Mother Earthus' womb
rise again after a while.
22. We had no idea who impregnated her this
time around but Murmoh said he had no idea
who did this at this time.
23. Mother Earthus herself testified that she did
not know who slept with her because she was
probably drunk with wine from Chimides'
vineyard.
24. It went down thus until Earthus gave birth to
a female of her kind. She looked fair and
beautiful enough that we were all tempted to
claim it as ours.
25. Yahweh and Ephradite claimed they own
it. Chimides claimed it too but I and Murmoh
kept silent about it.
26. A great conflict ensued between Ephradite
and Yahweh over the ownership of baby
Waldis, according to the name she was called by
Mother Earthus herself.
27. Faulkin(Yeshua) himself loved baby Waldis so much
that he fell in love with her.
28. Ephradite and Yahweh fought over the
ownership of Waldis for over a decade.
29. Yahweh fought with fire, thunder and
lightnings while Ephradite fought majorly with his
reptiles--serpents and worms.
30. In the fight, Yahweh set his fire on
Ephradite's serpents and worms but only the
serpents died while the worms survived.
31. Ephradite began to think that the same thing
which killed his beasts in space must have been
responsible for the death of the serpents in the
fire, but his worms did not die again in the fire
too.
32. Their fights ended after Faulkin(Yeshua) and Waldis
were suddenly discovered missing.
33. Yahweh thought Faulkin(Yeshua) must have taken
Waldis away into a faraway place for her safety,
but I, Eartum, thought Faulkin(Yeshua) must have taken
her away to have her as his own alone because I
perceived he loved her greatly.
34. Earthus mourned the loss of her children for
days which rolled into years.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2018
Philadelphia:

Your words in bold are outrageously incorrect. Here's what the Bible said about Jesus' equality with the Father Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Is it the words of the Lord you will accept or the words of man like you?

Jesus said :

John 14:28 KJV
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

God the Father is not GREATER AND HIGHER than the Son. Jesus confirmed this , as seen above.

Jesus called God the Father his God in :
Revelation 3:12 KJV
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

Is it the words of the Lord you will accept or the words of man like you?

Jesus said :

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

God the Father is not GREATER AND HIGHER than the Son. Jesus confirmed this , as seen above.

Jesus called God the Father his God in :
Revelation 3:12 KJV
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

how about where God called Jesus God in Heb 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
salvation101:
how about where God called Jesus God in Heb 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

There is a difference between calling someone a God and calling someone MY GOD.

God called idols or falling angels/demons "gods". It is the Bible that identifies which one is small letter 'g' or capital letter 'G'.

God calls we His children 'gods '.
Psalm 82:6 KJV
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

God promoted Moses to the level of god for Pharaoh :

Exodus 7:1 KJV
And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

My point is , the fact that God calls someone "god' or 'God' does not mean the person or the idols are greater than God Himself.
Jesus Christ is our God and our Creator but not God to his Father nor His Creator.

It is God the Father that is God of all and Jesus Christ Lord of all and not Lord over his Father,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

There is a difference between calling someone a God and calling someone MY GOD.

God called idols or falling angels/demons "gods". It is the Bible that identifies which one is small letter 'g' or capital letter 'G'.

God calls we His children 'gods '.
Psalm 82:6 KJV
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

God promoted Moses to the level of god for Pharaoh :

Exodus 7:1 KJV
And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

My point is , the fact that God calls someone "god' or 'God' does not mean the person or the idols are greater than God Himself.
Jesus Christ is our God and our Creator but not God to his Father nor His Creator.

It is God the Father that is God of all and Jesus Christ Lord of all and not Lord over his Father,
good. And what kingdom was being referred to cos i see u r trying to water it down. Wat scepter and kingdom is referred to here? Is it a lesser kingdom to dat ur big G is God over?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2018
salvation101:
good. And what kingdom was being referred to cos i see u r trying to water it down. Wat scepter and kingdom is referred to here? Is it a lesser kingdom to dat ur big G is God over?

It not about watering down but about fact.

The kingdom is the kingdom of God the Father.
In God's Kingdom , Jesus has a throne and God the Father has His throne which is higher than that of the Son :

Revelation 3:20-21 KJV
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

2 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

In God's Kingdom , Jesus has a throne and God the Father has His throne which is higher than that of the Son :

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

how did you miss that bolded part? It is stated there that Jesus and the father sit on the same throne. The throne of God is also the throne of Jesus. In the visions of Ezekiel where he saw the throne of God, he only saw one throne. There aren't multiple thrones cos it is a shared glory and little wonder cos its a mystery. Even in the ark of covenant wch moses built according to the vision God showed him as a representation of the way it was in heaven, there is only one throne wch is called the mercy seat
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
salvation101:
how did you miss that bolded part? It is stated there that Jesus and the father sit on the same throne. The throne of God is also the throne of Jesus. In the visions of Ezekiel where he saw the throne of God, he only saw one throne. There aren't multiple thrones cos it is a shared glory and little wonder cos its a mystery. Even in the ark of covenant wch moses built according to the vision God showed him as a representation of the way it was in heaven, there is only one throne wch is called the mercy seat

You err.

Two kings cannot sit on the same throne.

Are we all going to share the same throne or sit on the same throne with Jesus ?
Moreover , the scripture did not say ON his throne but IN his throne. Which means in God's palace or Jesus' palace.

Revelation 3:21 KJV
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

This should assist us further :

Revelation 5:1-9 KJV
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
[2] And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
[4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
[5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
[7] And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
[9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

The lamb that came to take the scroll is Jesus Christ our Saviour and our God.

The throne is described here below :

Revelation 4:2-11 KJV
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
[3] And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
[4] And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. [6] And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
[7] And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him ; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
[9] And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
[10] The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
[11] Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The ONE sitting on the throne is God the Father.

2 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

You err.

Two kings cannot sit on the same throne.

Are we all going to share the same throne or sit on the same throne with Jesus ?
Moreover , the scripture did not say ON his throne but IN his throne. Which means in God's palace or Jesus' palace.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

This should assist us further :

Revelation 5:1-9 KJV
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
[2] And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
[4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
[5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
[7] And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
[9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

The lamb that came to take the scroll is Jesus Christ our Saviour and our God.

The throne is described here below :

Revelation 4:2-11 KJV
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
[3] And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
[4] And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. [6] And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
[7] And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him ; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
[9] And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
[10] The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
[11] Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The ONE sitting on the throne is God the Father.

interesting.. I see u r trying to reason with ur carnal understanding of wat a throne is but time space and matter doesn't restrict the realm we are talking about

11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and eve

The one sitting upon the throne in this case was the lamb or is God also the lamb?

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2018
The Bible did not give any account containing that information. Therefore, we do not know when Jesus and the angels were created. The Bible clearly said that Jesus is the firstborn of all creation and Jesus is the earliest of his creation. But the actual time, we cannot know that. I mean, how do you hope to count? He is the first of every other creation and he helped to create other things.
Philadelphia:

When was Jesus created then?

2 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
salvation101:
interesting.. I see u r trying to reason with ur carnal understanding of wat a throne is but time space and matter doesn't restrict the realm we are talking about

11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and eve

The one sitting upon the throne in this case was the lamb or is God also the lamb?

I am surprised . This scripture is very clear :

Revelation 5:13 KJV
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

There are two personalities being worshipped here ; the One sitting on the throne and the Lamb .

Did you not read this ?

Revelation 5:1-6 KJV
[3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. [4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

You can choose to disregard what is written and believe what you like , but the above points are enough to show you that God is higher than Jesus,
Jesus said God is higher than him and called Him His God.

All these are in the Bible.

5 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Emusan(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:
The Bible did not give any account containing that information. Therefore, we do not know when Jesus and the angels were created. The Bible clearly said that Jesus is the firstborn of all creation.

So how did God then birth Jesus Christ? I know you must change BORN to CREATE before you can answer it

Does the word BORN and CREATE have the same meaning?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

I am surprised . This scripture is very clear :

Revelation 5:13 KJV
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

There are two personalities being worshipped here ; the One sitting on the throne and the Lamb .

Did you not read this ?

Revelation 5:1-6 KJV
[3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. [4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

You can choose to disregard what is written and believe what you like , but the above points are enough to show you that God is higher than Jesus,
Jesus said God is higher than him and called Him His God.

All these are in the Bible.

That it doesn't appeal to your reasoning doesn't make it wrong. You quoted where Jesus said in Rev 3:21 that he is set on his father's throne or you also do not believe that?
Stephen saw Jesus standing by that throne (not on a different throne) , the Bible also said Jesus is seated on the right side of God, did it mention dat it was on a different throne. U are looking at a spiritual mystery tru a carnal lens and you expect it would make perfect sense to you. The bible is clear that Jesus and the father shared glory

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Emusan(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

I quite understand your point but we should try to grab the whole message of the scripture which the people like the Op and his congregations failed to know.

The simple message of the scripture is this, The word of God who was once in the heaven and is God (because God and His word are the same), came down to the Earth for redemption work of salvation.

The moment the Word entered Earth He took on another dimension; authority was given to Him, life was given to Him, even though He's God He didn't claim EQUALITY with God (NOTE: This was when the Word took on flesh), Called the Father 'My God' e.t.c the word no longer act like when he was in the heaven. That is, he was not fully acted as God on earth because when the Word was in heaven no-one can fully distinguish Him from the Father. In fact, that's why the whole Hebrew scripture keeps point to God as one.

So, we must learn when the Bible is talking about the Word of God who is fully God and when the Word became man.

All your points about Kingdom of the Father and that of Jesus Christ still based on the redemption work the Son yet to be completed.

That's why the blessed Apostle Paul can enlighten us in 1 Corinthians 15:28 that after the Messiah has subjected everything and Himself back to God then God will be all in all (God may be everything in everyone). This is when the redemption work of the word of God who took on flesh will finish, then the Word will fully become God back again.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2018
Emusan:

So how did God then birth Jesus Christ? I know you must change BORN to CREATE before you can answer it

Does the word BORN and CREATE have the same meaning?
I believe that people grow and as they mature, they decide the psychological pattern that suits them because we all have the freedom to choose. In honesty, this question is sutured to spark a wave of tumult which is digressional. I wave.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Emusan(m): 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:
I believe that people grow and as they mature, they decide the psychological pattern that suits them because we all have the freedom to choose. In honesty, this question is sutured to spark a wave of tumult which is digressional. I wave.

That's how you will know you've made to believe a lie.

If the Bible says Jesus is the Firstborn of all creation and you took that to mean FIRST CREATED then you're on the wrong side of understanding.

Besides, man begat man if Jesus is the Firstborn and begotten (which you agreed) it means God is the one who begotten Him, then will what God begotten not God or a lesser god?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by enilove(m): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2018
salvation101:

That it doesn't appeal to your reasoning doesn't make it wrong. You quoted where Jesus said in Rev 3:21 that he is set on his father's throne or you also do not believe that?
Stephen saw Jesus standing by that throne (not on a different throne) , the Bible also said Jesus is seated on the right side of God, did it mention dat it was on a different throne. U are looking at a spiritual mystery tru a carnal lens and you expect it would make perfect sense to you. The bible is clear that Jesus and the father shared glory

The should always endeavour to read people comment .

In Revelation 3:21 , the Bible did not say Jesus sits ON the throne but sits in the throne ...

I am asking you again, are we ,also, going to sit with Jesus on the throne ? Since the above reads " sit with me in my throne ?

Jesus said he was sent by God.
He also said the Father is greater than him ( Jesus)
He called God the Father his God.
He said he does not know when the trumpet will sound.
The Bible says we cannot see God and Moses and Abraham saw God.

This is another evidence :

Proverbs 8:22-36 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
[23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
[25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
[26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
[27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
[28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
[29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
[30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
[31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
[32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
[33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
[34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
[35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord .
[36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

John 13:16 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Matthew 21:36-40 KJV
Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. [37] But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. [38] But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. [39] And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him . [40] When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

2 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 07, 2018
enilove:

The should always endeavour to read people comment .

In Revelation 3:21 , the Bible did not say Jesus sits ON the throne but sits in the throne ...

I am asking you again, are we ,also, going to sit with Jesus on the throne ? Since the above reads " sit with me in my throne ?

Jesus said he was sent by God.
He also said the Father is greater than him ( Jesus)
He called God the Father his God.
He said he does not know when the trumpet will sound.
The Bible says we cannot see God and Moses and Abraham saw God.

This is another evidence :

Proverbs 8:22-36 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
[23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
[25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
[26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
[27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
[28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
[29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
[30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
[31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
[32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
[33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
[34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
[35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord .
[36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

John 13:16 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Matthew 21:36-40 KJV
Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. [37] But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. [38] But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. [39] And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him . [40] When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

stop confusing ursef with English language as if the Bible was written in English language. The same word translated as "in" here was translated as o in several other places in the Bible including the verse 13 of this same chapter. If u want me to list the other places, i can help u. Stop interpretating bible with ur knowledge of English language.
In all the portions u quoted u forgot to also mention Philippians 2 where it was clearly stated that Jesus did everything he did willingly. He left his glory and took the form he took willingly

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Maamin(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2018
salvation101:
stop confusing ursef with English language as if the Bible was written in English language. The same word translated as "in" here was translated as o in several other places in the Bible including the verse 13 of this same chapter. If u want me to list the other places, i can help u. Stop interpretating bible with ur knowledge of English language.
In all the portions u quoted u forgot to also mention Philippians 2 where it was clearly stated that Jesus did everything he did willingly. He left his glory and took the form he took willingly

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

All these verses says otherwise at the Red bolded letters.

John 3:6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 10:17-18 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Jesus Christ is not coequal with God the father and has never seeked his own will but the will of God the Father who is the greatest and above all that is seen and unseen.

2 Likes

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 07, 2018
Emusan:

That's how you will know you've made to believe a lie.

If the Bible says Jesus is the Firstborn of all creation and you took that to mean FIRST CREATED then you're on the wrong side of understanding.

Besides, man begat man if Jesus is the Firstborn and begotten (which you agreed) it means God is the one who begotten Him, then will what God begotten not God or a lesser god?
You shot yourself in the foot in the boldened. Think!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets / Pastor Lazarus Muoka Storms Osun State For A 1day Heavenly Encounter. / The Christian Doctrine Of Salvation And The World's Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.